Crown

Board: Porsche - Taycan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Nürburgring - Tesla vs. Taycan

From yesterday https://youtu.be/EM4EvDRObj0

^ lol @0:59 Classic 

--

2018 White 911 GT3

Gauss:

^ lol @0:59 Classic 

Smiley​​​​​SmileySmileySmileySmiley I literally laughed out loudSmiley

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Has someone noticed the explosion around 4:00...? indecision angry

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

I did see a video of the  Related image leaving the track

--

2016 Porsche 991 Carrera GTS  Black with AeroKit Cup Package,  2017 Porsche Cayenne Platinum  Purpurite Metallic, New York

Must be showing off that one million battery pack I just read about: http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-brief/2019/09/10/new-tesla-batteries-could-run-for-one-million-miles/?utm_source=Yesmail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=News0_DSC_190919_00000#.XYOOuyVOmEc

Anyone notice that the air inlet below the bumper is even more enlarged than when that car first arrived?  Same with the Gurney flap.  

JR-550:

this article sums it up:

https://drivetribe.com/p/why-teslas-plaid-powertrain-is-Owfb3XeYQNuwpy3WVNcOSw?iid=LaFYA7SyQWaPeK2gdKqEMg

Among all the articles that's written on Tesla, this is one of the few that's objective and facts based.

--

Honestly, no matter how things turned out for Tesla at the Ring, it is great news that they are finally taking the idea of driving pleasure seriously and test their cars and tune their cars at the Ring, they are like the last car manufacturers to do it, heck, I believe even Hyundai has a place at Meuspath. 

--

RC:

Someone test fired a rocket.

--

Whoopsy:
    RC:

The fabled Tesla’s SpaceX performance option?

Whoopsy:
    RC:

Maybe Musk himself, to turn away the attention from the crashed or broken Tesla?  Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

FWIW, I have no intention to buy a Tesla and think Musk is an asshole. That said, most of you are biased critics and are  no different from what he is.

The incessant trashing of American cars is beginning to wear on me. enlightened

--

Assume most people are stupid and hope they surprise you.

JR-550:

this article sums it up:

https://drivetribe.com/p/why-teslas-plaid-powertrain-is-Owfb3XeYQNuwpy3WVNcOSw?iid=LaFYA7SyQWaPeK2gdKqEMg

Actually the opposite. This article is written by someone who completely missed all the points and is rather clueless about what's actually going on. Someone stuck in old patterns and can't see what is going on outside of his narrow minded box.

This "article" is written by a biased Porsche fan twisting all the facts and making a lot of far fetched assumptions.

Oh boy, he is in for a rude awakening. I really can't stop laughing Smiley

lukestern:
    JR-550:

this article sums it up:

Actually the opposite. This article is written by someone who completely missed all the points and is rather clueless about what's actually going on. Someone stuck in old patterns and can't see what is going on outside of his narrow minded box.

This "article" is written by a biased Porsche fan twisting all the facts and making a lot of far fetched assumptions.

Please list those faulty assumptions to enlighten us Luddites.  

nberry:

FWIW, I have no intention to buy a Tesla and think Musk is an asshole. That said, most of you are biased critics and are  no different from what he is.

That's a bit harsh and inappropriate.

--

2018 White 911 GT3

lukestern:
    JR-550:

this article sums it up:

Pretty much the standard response to anyone who criticizes Tesla... so predictable.

--

nberry:

You should be the last person to talk Nick, you have trashed Porsche on the forums for YEARS incessantly... until you bought the GT3. Tough it up, people can have their opinions.

--

Tesla’s Super-Fast Model S Prototype Shows Its Gutted Interior In New Spy Shots

Production Model S

"7 seater" 

sunny:

From yesterday https://youtu.be/EM4EvDRObj0

0:55 Smiley

Bursting with jingoism.  Tesla claims it can achieve 7:20 on the Nürburgring and simulations indicate the possibility of reaching a 7:05 time.  No mention if that time can be achieved on or off its mobile podium.  

Meanwhile fastest Model S that is actually produced, will probably not make it under 8 minutes... if it finishes the lap without going into limp mode.

--

Gauss:
    nberry:

Trashing American cars? Seriously? I'd get the new GT500 instantly, same goes to the Jeep GC Trackhawk or the Dodge Challger Hellcat Redeye. If I could afford more cars...that is.

The Tesla is an EV, I don't like EVs too much, many people here don't like them too much.

This has nothing to do with bashing American cars. 🙄

--

Carlos from Spain:

Meanwhile fastest Model S that is actually produced, will probably not make it under 8 minutes... if it finishes the lap without going into limp mode.

--

Careful with your posts or you will be accused of dragging Musk's $ex life onto the Internet by the Tesla cultists.  

p.s. Still waiting for Lukestern to post the falsehoods in the Drive Tribe opinion piece.  I've noticed that his posts are regurgitations of others posts made on EV-centric sites.

p.s.s. Is there an additional autocorrect system on RT?  I've had several posts literally change words after posting. The problem only seems to occur when I am on my California made/China manufactured MacBook Pro.  Other Apple devices running iOS and the same MacOS don't exhibit that issue.  

RC:
    Gauss:
    nberry:

Trashing American cars? Seriously? I'd get the new GT500 instantly, same goes to the Jeep GC Trackhawk or the Dodge Challger Hellcat Redeye. If I could afford more cars...that is.

The Tesla is an EV, I don't like EVs too much, many people here don't like them too much.

This has nothing to do with bashing American cars. 🙄

--

I've posted many times here that I rather have a new C8 Corvette over a Porsche Boxster/Cayman too.  

Carlos from Spain:
    nberry:

You should be the last person to talk Nick, you have trashed Porsche on the forums for YEARS incessantly... until you bought the GT3. Tough it up, people can have their opinions.

Carlos, get your facts straight. For the past several years I have been purchasing Porsche's. Prior to that time I had issues with Porsche. FWIW, I'm not trashing the Taycan. No doubt it will be a terrific car. But I believe Porsche is gouging the loyal customer. 

--

Assume most people are stupid and hope they surprise you.

nberry:
    Carlos from Spain:
    nberry:

Carlos, get your facts straight. For the past several years I have been purchasing Porsche's. Prior to that time I had issues with Porsche. FWIW, I'm not trashing the Taycan. No doubt it will be a terrific car. But I believe Porsche is gouging the loyal customer. 

We have both been in the boards for many years Nick, even before joining joining rennteam you were bashing Porsche at every chance in funcarsonline and rennlist, your mantra was calling the 911 a glorified beetle with which Porsche milked its naive customers. Things changed years later when you bought your first GT3 and left the Ferrari camp, but many of us old timers remember you from previous where all you did in the Porsche boards was trash Porsche for years while you were driving Ferrari and can call you out for it when you out of all people call others for what you call incessant trashing...

--

Carlos from Spain:
    nberry:
    Carlos from Spain:
    nberry:

We have both been in the boards for many years Nick, even before joining joining rennteam you were bashing Porsche at every chance in funcarsonline and rennlist, your mantra was calling the 911 a glorified beetle with which Porsche milked its naive customers. Things changed years later when you bought your first GT3 and left the Ferrari camp, but many of us old timers remember you from previous where all you did in the Porsche boards was trash Porsche for years while you were driving Ferrari and can call you out for it when you out of all people call others for what you call incessant trashing...

Fun fact indeed. Smiley Nick may have forgotten, we haven't. Smiley Smiley

I still need to get over the fact that he got a GT model (after the Targa) but hey, life goes mysterious ways. Smiley

--

Topspeed:

The flatbed truck, a Tesla essential accessory Smiley

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691180 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410252 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256274 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235437 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65761 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4747 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858892 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775217 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM