Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Next Cayenne generation approaching fast... (2018)

Thanks, RC. From the information you provided, it seems like the prohibition of the sport exhaust button is sound related, not emissions related. Am I correct?

Wonderbar:

Thanks, RC. From the information you provided, it seems like the prohibition of the sport exhaust button is sound related, not emissions related. Am I correct?

Basically...yes. Also, sport exhausts or driving modes which operated exhaust flaps are not supposed to create a louder sound than the base sound the car has been certified with. Even tuning exhausts cannot be louder, they are only permitted to change the sound, not the loudness. So f.cked up. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:
    Wonderbar:

Basically...yes. Also, sport exhausts or driving modes which operated exhaust flaps are not supposed to create a louder sound than the base sound the car has been certified with. Even tuning exhausts cannot be louder, they are only permitted to change the sound, not the loudness. So f.cked up. Smiley Smiley

Take a step out of your bubble and you might maybe realize what is f.cked up SmileySmiley

Why should a car drive around being more noisy than necessary when it doesn't have to? It just annoys 99,9% of people.

Talk about being in a bubble.... Urus drivers apparently are gansters and "sports"cars should be silent! 

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

lukestern:
    RC:
    Wonderbar:

Take a step out of your bubble and you might maybe realize what is f.cked up SmileySmiley

Why should a car drive around being more noisy than necessary when it doesn't have to? It just annoys 99,9% of people.

What the hell are you talking about? Smiley

The sound of a car is essential to the emotions you feel when driving. If a car should not be allowed to be more sounding than necessary, than the logical consequence would be no sound at all. But is this really what everybody wants? And your claim that 99,9% of the people get annoyed by nice sounding car is so far-fetched, that I won't even go into it. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Have people been taking crazy pills.... first thing I do when getting into the car is to hit sports exhaust... every time

No button on the Aston, loud all the time smiley

I think that the only people who like loud exhausts are those who own/drive such cars.

The vast majority of other road users, pedestrians and bystanders get very upset when a loud car or motorcycle passes by.

Consequently, the trend to limit pass-by exhaust noise by law and the simultaneous introduction of symposer systems by manufacturers, will make everybody happy, inside and outside the cars.

On a similar note, the exemptions to the noise regulations that low volume manufacturers get (below 10.000 units p.a. I think) is very unfair, since such cars have accumulated in large numbers over time and they make 99% of the noise in some places.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

Having driven many tuned cars, and being an avid fan of racing, I love sound. But I have to admit, that in my neighborhood and metro area, I’m quite offended by loud motorcycles, trucks, and show-off drivers. So in general, I’m OK with reduced —but not no—sound from a Porsche, when accompanied by interior sound that gives me, the driver, the emotion I need.

There is an adequate and responsible noise level especially when the sounds are acoustically pleasing.  However, often, for example with Harleys and straight pipes, it is nothing more than disharmonious loud noise.  That's the problem and few, even non-motoring enthusiasts, are put off by somewhat louder but nice sounding exhaust systems.  

Rossi:
    lukestern:
    RC:
    Wonderbar:

The sound of a car is essential to the emotions you feel when driving. If a car should not be allowed to be more sounding than necessary, than the logical consequence would be no sound at all. But is this really what everybody wants? And your claim that 99,9% of the people get annoyed by nice sounding car is so far-fetched, that I won't even go into it. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

Rossi, I think the vast majority of members here are getting old, me included. Don't be surprised in 10 years time we will demand a Porsche GT that drives like a Rolls RoyceSmiley

Rossi:
    lukestern:
    RC:
    Wonderbar:

I think you missed my point. I responded to the comment by RC where he suggested that it is f.cked up that it is not allowed for tuning companies to raise the sound higher than what the car was certified for. I really don't see why this should be f.cked up? It is really rather annoying with extremely loud exhaust, specifically in hands with people who drive them around town and just irritate people. So, I think it's great that we have those regulations.

And I honestly think that 99% of people don't like to listen to loud exhaust noises when they walk around in the city or having someone driving by on a country road nearby someones house... 

Rossi:
    lukestern:
    RC:
    Wonderbar:

--

It is actually simple: He doesn't want to enjoy a car, emotions don't matter. Only to get from A to B, to show how "green" he is and to feel superior to non-EV drivers because EVs are the future. Smiley I get that but hey, these are probably the same people who also will enjoy sex with a robot in the future. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Took the X on some back roads with elevation, was fun. Never had fun with a golf cart? Well it is kind of the same. The instant torque is just eerie. And little body roll, quite surprising.

All this talk about emotions, many here only focus on adrenaline and being entertained. Well there are other emotions, like being relaxed while having to drive somewhere and being in a good place so you can actually get some real work done, not exhausted after a long engaging drive in the morning... This has no price.

SciFrog:

All this talk about emotions, many here only focus on adrenaline and being entertained. Well there are other emotions,

The first thought that came to my mind as I was reading this past was when the girl tells the guy that instead of sex she wants to cuddle indecision

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

SciFrog:

Took the X on some back roads with elevation, was fun. Never had fun with a golf cart? Well it is kind of the same. The instant torque is just eerie. And little body roll, quite surprising.

All this talk about emotions, many here only focus on adrenaline and being entertained. Well there are other emotions, like being relaxed while having to drive somewhere and being in a good place so you can actually get some real work done, not exhausted after a long engaging drive in the morning... This has no price.

I could ride a train...I could hire a chauffeur...I could work from home. Same emotions. Smiley

Put another 800 km on my Performante over the past two days. It was so much fun, every single minute. Smiley

--

Train? LOL, you clearly have not stepped into a commuter train in the USA. My 1.5 hour trip would become 3 hours, each way.

Chauffeur? It is impractical for such long trips and with autopilot, makes no sense, let alone the cost and liability. Work from home does not apply to high level responsibilities.

Glad you are enjoying your performante... But where do you put the kids?

SciFrog:

Train? LOL, you clearly have not stepped into a commuter train in the USA. My 1.5 hour trip would become 3 hours, each way.

Chauffeur? It is impractical for such long trips and with autopilot, makes no sense, let alone the cost and liability. Work from home does not apply to high level responsibilities.

Glad you are enjoying your performante... But where do you put the kids?

They switch seats... Smiley We drove to Italy in two cars and they switched seats every hour.

At home, we usually do the same...wife drives with one kid to the location we want to get to and I come back with the other kid. No problem. Smiley

--

Does anyone know the release date of the Cayenne GTS ? 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Gnil:

Does anyone know the release date of the Cayenne GTS ? 

They still make those?... Smiley Smiley

I guess 2020...

--

We would need Kreso for an accurate date information  angry

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

omg dont wake sleeping devils

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753556 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430947 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258700 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255553 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79592 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868511 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802169 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM