Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

2019 Hungarian F1 Grand Prix in Budapest

--

997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

Re: 2019 Hungarian F1 Grand Prix in Budapest

Depending on the weathersmiley

well, after snow on the tour de France, who knows :)

--

997.1 C4 Silver (current), 996.1C4 (sold), 997.1C2S (sold) 986.1S (sold)

welll....max on pole...finally the merc are back..and maybe we see some fighting for the first laps...go VER gooo..the ferraris 0.5 sec behind....

--

993 c2

After 7 wins, it was about time for his first pole position. Well deserved today! It's exciting to see Red Bull coming back strong. I'm sure HAM is starting to get a bit nervous. indecision However, HAM has always been very strong in the second half of the championship. 

--

2018 White 911 GT3

Looking forward to the race, MV did a tremendous job but it‘s no surprise seeing RebBulls that strong!

LH seemed to have some issues with his car as he couldn‘t improve as usual during Q3.

However it might be an interesting race, VET is definetely on his back foot compared to CL

What an exciting race! Throughly enjoyed this one!

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

F1 has come alive 

Really?  Must have watched a different race where only four cars were on the final race lap and one where a tactical error forced a change in lead because of tires.  Same boring drivel as before and hardly worth waking early in the morning to watch. 

Alonso probably have flatten his own balls by punching them himself by now seeing how good the Honda engines have become.

He is a good driver, and a good world champion with 2 of of those in his cupboard, but when the dust settles, he will forever be known as the one that made all the bad choices and bad timing. 

Imagine in a alternate universe where he kept his mouth shut and just suck it up and drive, perhaps he would have a few more world championships under his belt. 

--

CGX car nut:

Really?  Must have watched a different race where only four cars were on the final race lap and one where a tactical error forced a change in lead because of tires.  Same boring drivel as before and hardly worth waking early in the morning to watch. 

I really enjoyed the race today. Especially after all the talk from Verstappen Smiley 

--

2018 White 911 GT3

Whoopsy:

Alonso probably have flatten his own balls by punching them himself by now seeing how good the Honda engines have become.

He is a good driver, and a good world champion with 2 of of those in his cupboard, but when the dust settles, he will forever be known as the one that made all the bad choices and bad timing. 

I don't think there has ever been a driver in the history of Motorsport worse at making team choices...

Imagine in a alternate universe where he kept his mouth shut and just suck it up and drive, perhaps he would have a few more world championships under his belt. 

He was close to signing for redbull before Vettel grabbed that seat instead, that would of been an easy 4-5 championships more for a guy with his unmatched reliability, consistency and allroundedness. But he botched that one too  ... his last brilliant choice is to go with a rookie inept mclaren team to win Daytona and we saw how that turned out. Rumor is he will be doing the Dakar rallye next... I'm betting he will pick to do it on a Tesla 

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:
    Whoopsy:

I don't think there has ever been a driver in the history of Motorsport worse at making team choices...

Legendary status for sure. Sometimes I wonder if it's him or his manager.

He was close to signing for redbull before Vettel grabbed that seat instead, that would of been an easy 4-5 championships more for a guy with his unmatched reliability, consistency and allroundedness. But he botched that one too  ... his last brilliant choice is to go with a rookie inept mclaren team to win Daytona and we saw how that turned out. Rumor is he will be doing the Dakar rallye next... I'm betting he will pick to do it on a Tesla 

During his time at Ferrari, he lost 2 championship to Vettel by a total of 7 points, both times having the lead in the championship going into the last race. If only he had performed during the races, then Alonso would be the one with 4 and Vettel 2. 

--

Whoopsy:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Whoopsy:

Legendary status for sure. Sometimes I wonder if it's him or his manager.

No it was him, at least that is what he says, he gets the whole merit. 

During his time at Ferrari, he lost 2 championship to Vettel by a total of 7 points, both times having the lead in the championship going into the last race. If only he had performed during the races, then Alonso would be the one with 4 and Vettel 2. 

Remember Vettel was driving a redbull and Alonso was driving a much inferior Ferrari that was not supposed to be fighting for the title but he drive it above what that car was supposed to do. I remember how he lost that championship because the Ferrari was so show in the straights it was not even able to pass Petrov's car.

But as exceptional as he is inside the track, his problem is how bad he was outside the track (picking teams, "charming" personality, how he handles the press, etc...), though he has changed with age somewhat but still...

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Gauss:
    I really enjoyed the race today. Especially after all the talk from Verstappen Smiley 

Actually the last 3 races have been very exciting with very unpredictable outcomes.kiss

Hamilton was lucky again with the Ferraris and Bottas being so far back. The tyre change was a no brainier, 2nd was in the bag whatever and it gave him a clear track in clean air for the charge. 

Max should have pitted too. Would have only been 3 secs behind and probably would have caught him up. 

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

Not many could have done, what Hamilton did. Do you think Bottas would have? When Hamilton exited the pits he was 6s behind Verstappen...on the same tires, and he quickly closed the gap until he was within DRS range again. Hamilton definitely has a fast car, but so do others (Verstappen started on pole, after all) and there's more to it then just pressing full throttle, like for example keeping up the pressure until the opponent does a mistake or wastes his tires.

When Hamilton pitted a second time, he was 20s behind, and even Toto, in the post race interview, admitted that they weren't sure if he could catch him, but if, it would be in the last lap, and very very close. Lewis then drove every lap flawlessly (and very quick) and caught him 5 laps earlier!! It was luck involved, yes (always is), but still, give credit, where credit is due kiss

--

2018 White 911 GT3

I think Bottas would have done it too. On board with the Silver Arrows tells us all that it is indeed a superior car. It looks so solid at speed through the corners. The Red Bull and Ferrari need to be hustled around a lot more.

Hamilton of course a great driver but I do think Max is now the fastest son of a gun on the grid. Not going to happen but Mad Max in a silver arrows, then my money would be on him.

Gasly,, such a shame. Lapped, races must be numbered now. Next up, Albon ?.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

Gauss:

Not many could have done, what Hamilton did. Do you think Bottas would have? When Hamilton exited the pits he was 6s behind Verstappen...on the same tires, and he quickly closed the gap until he was within DRS range again. Hamilton definitely has a fast car, but so do others (Verstappen started on pole, after all) and there's more to it then just pressing full throttle, like for example keeping up the pressure until the opponent does a mistake or wastes his tires.

When Hamilton pitted a second time, he was 20s behind, and even Toto, in the post race interview, admitted that they weren't sure if he could catch him, but if, it would be in the last lap, and very very close. Lewis then drove every lap flawlessly (and very quick) and caught him 5 laps earlier!! It was luck involved, yes (always is), but still, give credit, where credit is due kiss

And that whilst his brakes were giving way, having to resort to lift and coast for all but the sharpest turns. These races have become so spectacular! Even though I was bummed for Verstappen not winning, I think both he and Lewis drove legendary races and it was a joy to watch.

--

Gauss:

+1

Flawless drive from LH and MV!

Lewis clearly showed what's separating an multiple WC (himself) from a multiple race winner (VB), he was so aggressive and focussed at the start and cought Valteri on his back foot.

The way he fought with Max was breath taking, both showed great skills and I've to admit that MV became much more mature in 2019 than in prior years, he's for sure Lewis biggest contender in the races/ years to come.

Ferrari is pure disappointment, their performance is just ridiculous

Lord_Driftalot:

+1

Flawless drive from LH and MV!

Lewis clearly showed what's separating an multiple WC (himself) from a multiple race winner (VB), he was so aggressive and focussed at the start and cought Valteri on his back foot.

The way he fought with Max was breath taking, both showed great skills and I've to admit that MV became much more mature in 2019 than in prior years, he's for sure Lewis biggest contender in the races/ years to come.

Ferrari is pure disappointment, their performance is just ridiculous

Yeah, I agree. Also, the sequence of overtakes between Kvyat and Albon in lap 18/19 was so exciting to see, really awesome!

--

Gauss:

Well said SmileySmiley

throt:

Hamilton was lucky again with the Ferraris and Bottas being so far back. The tyre change was a no brainier, 2nd was in the bag whatever and it gave him a clear track in clean air for the charge. 

Max should have pitted too. Would have only been 3 secs behind and probably would have caught him up. 

Agreed, Red bull had a small window to make the call which was not easy, even LH was questioning his team as to the strategy choice, clearly they chose the wrong option especially considering the fast times MV posted at the death, obviously by then the car was super light !!!

Gauss:

I believed Lewis did 6 or 7 consecutive fastest laps after the 2nd stop to wheel Max in.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753648 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430978 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258720 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255574 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79602 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868530 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802212 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM