Crown

Board: Porsche - Taycan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Porsche Mission E...the future of Porsche?

Just a Great Forum! 

People here are most interested on their "spouse" wishes and their "EV Vs Ice" shit than sharing something like info, photos, or videos!!!

That´s too Hard!!!!!

70 Pages of Bullshit with "some privileged (or say they say)"  running their mouth that claim to have saw the car!

Yeah, the 992 page is full of that privileged crap that never came to fruition!

Paulo_Rangel_Melo:

Just a Great Forum! 

People here are most interested on their "spouse" wishes and their "EV Vs Ice" shit than sharing something like info, photos, or videos!!!

That´s too Hard!!!!!

70 Pages of Bullshit with "some privileged (or say they say)"  running their mouth that claim to have saw the car!

Yeah, the 992 page is full of that privileged crap that never came to fruition!

Paulo , you need to take it a notch down ! Are you having a bad day ? No insults will be tolerated . Please respect the posts even if they are uninteresting to you .

You well know that it is impossible to always come up with new info , spy pics , inside secrets etc....  So it is normal people just discuss what they can in between more technical infos . 

Feel free to make any valid and first hand contributions . But no more posts like the above . They will  be deleted . 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Insults? If i remember I was insulted by one of "San Diego Finest" about 3 days when i arrived on this forum some 15 years ago! .....and  i was posting some 997 spy pics!!!!

"You well know that it is impossible to always come up with new info , spy pics , inside secrets etc....  So it is normal people just discuss what they can in between more technical infos ."

Really, a lot of information have come in the last few week about the Taycan!

Another thingf. The Taycan specs have been leaked (or so they say)  but the wife´s "somethiing" is more important!!!!!

I posted a inside Taycan Photo with a Cover (were you can see that the final car even is way more "aggressive" than the current mules") but......another stuff is more important!!!!

Hey....Do whatever you want to do! 

Paulo_Rangel_Melo:

Insults? If i remember I was insulted by one of "San Diego Finest" about 3 days when i arrived on this forum some 15 years ago! .....and  i was posting some 997 spy pics!!!!

"You well know that it is impossible to always come up with new info , spy pics , inside secrets etc....  So it is normal people just discuss what they can in between more technical infos ."

Another thingf. The Taycan specs have been leaked (or so they say)  but the wife´s "somethiing" is more important!!!!!

I posted a inside Taycan Photo with a Cover (were you can see that the final car even is way more "aggressive" than the current mules") but......another stuff is more important!!!!

Hey....Do whatever you want to do! 

And you still remember , 15 years later , that being insulted is not nice . So please don't do it , even if indirectly .

The forum would love more technical stuff, so , as I said , feel free to post more of it , I am sure the audience will like it. 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Paulo_Rangel_Melo:

Alright. Ladies and gentlemen. Here it is. The first pic of the Taycan without any camouflage.

B22CB6BB-D09B-42B7-86FE-5CF51E34688B.jpeg

Pic taken around Stuttgart. In a tunnel. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    Paulo_Rangel_Melo:

Alright. Ladies and gentlemen. Here it is. The first pic of the Taycan without any camouflage.

B22CB6BB-D09B-42B7-86FE-5CF51E34688B.jpeg

Pic taken around Stuttgart. In a tunnel. Smiley

Huracan Performante owner humor...I like it. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

4trac:
    AJ:

Judging by the last four answers, this is the major selling point of an EV.smiley

My wife will give up much before trading her 911 for an EV, but, her analogy is she only wears solar or automatic watches because she hates going to a mall to get quartz watch batteries replaced.  Malls are her gas stations....Smiley

Let me tell you guys what will happen if your wives have an EV in the garage: They will forget to charge them and the next morning... Smiley My wife often forgets to charge her smartphone, same happens to many of her female friends. What isn't really a big deal with a smartphone, you can use an external battery or charge the phone in the car, will be a VERY big deal with EVs.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Hence why a Honda generator in the trunk is very handy for EVs indecision

Or alternatively, a current hybrid. No need to remember to plug it in.

--

Whoopsy:

Hence why a Honda generator in the trunk is very handy for EVs indecision

Or alternatively, a current hybrid. No need to remember to plug it in.

Smiley Smiley

--

That's overwhelmingly sexist RC. 

All the tesla owners I know only charge once or twice a week. 10km each way for work and then maybe 50-100km over the weekend. Urban living doesn't need huge range. 

The longest I drive is 275km to our lake house any farther and I fly. In fact my brother in law is coming up next week from San Francisco and because all the rest of the family is already up at the lake we're taking a float plane up there from the island airport (downtown like London city airport if you worked in canary wharf) to our dock.

Range is overrated. 

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Mithras:

That's overwhelmingly sexist RC. 

All the tesla owners I know only charge once or twice a week. 10km each way for work and then maybe 50-100km over the weekend. Urban living doesn't need huge range. 

The longest I drive is 275km to our lake house any farther and I fly. In fact my brother in law is coming up next week from San Francisco and because all the rest of the family is already up at the lake we're taking a float plane up there from the island airport (downtown like London city airport if you worked in canary wharf) to our dock.

Range is overrated. 

I knew that someone would say it, including my daughter Smiley (who by the way, just a week ago, forgot to charge her iPhone Smiley) but this is reality. My wife just hit a curb (again Smiley) with her C63 and punctured a tire. I had to call Mercedes and order a new tire. Why? "Because this is what men do, this is not a woman's job...". Her words. She is a doctor. She is a very good doctor. She saved numerous lives, she is a very good diagnostician but when it comes to tech (other than her ultrasound machine or her computer in her practice), she is hopelessly incapable and incompetent. Not only her, many of her friends as well. I have become the "go to guy" for everything related to tech. Not that I like it, believe me. Smiley 

Just recently, my reputation has become the one of a magician. How? Well...my wife had a tennis tournament 100 km away from our home. After the tournament ended, she went back to her C63 S Cab, opened the passenger door, put her things into the car, including her car key. One minute later, the car closed itself and the key was inside the car. 

Well, she called for help, some of her friends who were there came, they called for additional help at the tennis club. In the end, around 20(!) people were standing around the car, trying to open it, without any success. My wife was desperate, she called me. One minute later, the car was open. Remotely. All the people standing around her car were amazed how this is possible. Her friends, they know that I know my tech stuff well, called me the best hacker in the world. Smiley All I did was to use the Mercedes Me app to open the car remotely. Smiley Smiley

Wives, we cannot live with them but we cannot live without them either. Smiley

--

My wife is very good at making me and my family happy. In fact, after 27 years of a wonderful marriage, I have stopped thinking about her as my wife. She’s a compassionate, smart and loving person who I am lucky to be living alongside.

And you know what else makes me happy? The Taycan.  Not so much for the design, from what I am able to see at the moment, but for the idea that Porsche has taken a truly courageous step not only to produce an electric car but one with true sporting qualities and a racing heritage behind it. Porsche continues to race and race and win and win, and commit huge resources to that endeavor. The very recent spa 24 hour race is a prime example. I would not admire Porsche or its products without it’s ongoing commitment to racing. And to carry this further, I can clearly imagine that within the next few years, the Taycan will be in race trim and participating in whatever sports car event exists at that time.

Moreover, I don’t believe I would’ve had the courage, as a director of a major and successful company, to start out in such an entirely new direction. I could have easily succumbed to the notion that Porsche should stick with what it does best, producing powerful, exciting, even loud cars with tremendous sports car capabilities. For Porsche to commit billions of dollars to that new direction, into truly unknown territory, shows me the type of boldness that goes into all successful race preparation and execution.

I also will say that I admire Tesla and Elon Musk for much the same reason. For a new car maker to jump headfirst into an electric performance car is the type of courageous decision that I also admire. I am not one to predict the future of Tesla, that’s for investors and customers to decide. But I am one to say that Tesla produces a sophisticated and attractive car, more than suitable for most types of city and near urban driving. While it lacks a sporting and racing heritage, it more than makes up for it by taking the risk to produce a product that traditional car companies both ignored and probably scorned. 

Finally, I’m excited to see the Taycan at the Frankfurt press days. Will anybody on the forum be there on Tuesday or Wednesday for the premiere and press conferences?

Wives are as different as husbands are, mine unfortunately is similar to RC's as far as tech is concerned. Luckily she doesn't drive my cars, she has her Merc ML with a driver  

Upsa:

Wives are as different as husbands are, mine unfortunately is similar to RC's as far as tech is concerned. Luckily she doesn't drive my cars, she has her Merc ML with a driver  

Smiley Our wives are certainly not dumb but they have other priorities in life. My wife couldn't care less about tech, she "has me" for this stuff (her words). Smiley On the other hand, they certainly have their own qualities, some in which we men suck. Smiley I think it is good to be a team, each team member has his strengths. Smiley

--

My wife doesn't mind the gas station, usually stops on the same ones, they are not dark sketchy places with unconformable strangers, the attendants pump the gas for you, they know you by face, etc... the only issue is having to stop 5 minutes.

As to technology, my wife is perfectly capable if she would put interest in it, I just think that she is lazy towards a lot of it since she knows I will do it  so why bother? and I suspect that is the reason for your wives as well... best to play like they don't know and have us take care of it and we love thinking we are smarter indecision

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:

My wife doesn't mind the gas station, usually stops on the same ones, they are not dark sketchy places with unconformable strangers, the attendants pump the gas for you, they know you by face, etc... the only issue is having to stop 5 minutes.

As to technology, my wife is perfectly capable if she would put interest in it, I just think that she is lazy towards a lot of it since she knows I will do it  so why bother? and I suspect that is the reason for your wives as well... best to play like they don't know and have us take care of it and we love thinking we are smarter indecision

Smiley Smiley I wish...my wife really has a hard time using tech, she hates it. Of course not when she wants to listen to the latest music (streaming) during her workouts. Smiley I can honestly say that my wife hates tech but she isn't someone who loves nature or simple things instead, which is weird. Maybe like you said, she has me: So why bother?! Smiley

--

RC:
    Carlos from Spain:

Smiley Smiley I wish...my wife really has a hard time using tech, she hates it. Of course not when she wants to listen to the latest music (streaming) during her workouts. Smiley I can honestly say that my wife hates tech but she isn't someone who loves nature or simple things instead, which is weird. Maybe like you said, she has me: So why bother?! Smiley

Then how does she manage to figure out how to stream the latest music in the gym? Well because you are not there to do it for her, see? They are conning us I tell you! 

--

Carlos from Spain:
    RC:
    Carlos from Spain:

Then how does she manage to figure out how to stream the latest music in the gym? Well because you are not there to do it for her, see? They are conning us I tell you! 

I showed her and it was a pain in the a..! Smiley Took me like forever and she was soooo mad at me because I lost my patience. Smiley No, regarding tech, she is definitely not conning me. She just hates it, unless she really really needs it. Weird.

--

RC:
    4trac:
    AJ:

Judging by the last four answers, this is the major selling point of an EV.smiley

My wife will give up much before trading her 911 for an EV, but, her analogy is she only wears solar or automatic watches because she hates going to a mall to get quartz watch batteries replaced.  Malls are her gas stations....Smiley

Let me tell you guys what will happen if your wives have an EV in the garage: They will forget to charge them and the next morning... Smiley My wife often forgets to charge her smartphone, same happens to many of her female friends. What isn't really a big deal with a smartphone, you can use an external battery or charge the phone in the car, will be a VERY big deal with EVs.

You had me crying at that one.... so true, my wife always forgets to charge her phone ... just one of those things (and don’t think it is sexist frankly to say that)

S19_3896.jpg

porsche-taycan-electric-car-30000-reservations

--

Assume most people are stupid and hope they surprise you.

Quite impressive if true, 30,000 reservations for a car in that price range that none has even seen or knows much about yet...

--

Taycan wheels avaliable at launch! 19 (2), 20 (3) and 21" (2)

The 6th wheel is the Mission E Style wheel 

Clip_28__.jpg

Carlos from Spain:

Quite impressive if true, 30,000 reservations for a car in that price range that none has even seen or knows much about yet...

It is past 30,000. A while ago.

Not really a surprise, there are pent up demand for a real luxury EV, a Tesla's interior just does't cut it.

--

And they will actually make money selling EVs too 

--

Wait until they release the specs and the prices... And wait until people see they can’t fit their family in the back...

I think those that put deposits down know it's a 4 seater and don't expect a bargain price from a brand like Porsche.

We know you are in the Tesla fandom, but there are others that are looking for something better than what Tesla can offer. They are not direct competitors anyway.

--

I heard that there will be a 5 seats option, middle seat without a "foot garage"

Paulo_Rangel_Melo:

Taycan wheels avaliable at launch! 19 (2), 20 (3) and 21" (2)

The 6th wheel is the Mission E Style wheel 

Clip_28__.jpg

Interesting rims, must see how it will suit the car 

I know this is marketing, but I still find it interesting.

https://presse.porsche.de/prod/presse_pag/PressResources.nsf/Content?ReadForm&languageversionid=1006638&view=1

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689549 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409227 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255735 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234990 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65524 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4646 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857969 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774025 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM