Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Next Cayenne generation approaching fast... (2018)

Panamera is not a suitable car for a a family, especially with a nanny. Not practical enough also. Plus the turbo is north of $160k...

In today’s market, it is hard to beat a crossover for practicality, thats why sedans are mostly dead in the USA and brands like Ford have started to drop them fast.

Didn't mean to suggest Panamera Turbo was his answer, just that it is a V8...

Sorry, was confusing...

Saw the new Cayenne  Turbo coupé last week in black, full options . Looked very good . Much better then on photos , just like the 992 .   The car even had the carbon roof .  Space at the back was good . I am 187 cm and had no problem with head room .  Price 220 k heart

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Gnil:

Saw the new Cayenne  Turbo coupé last week in black, full options . Looked very good . Much better then on photos , just like the 992 .   The car even had the carbon roof .  Space at the back was good . I am 187 cm and had no problem with head room .  Price 220 k heart

--

Met an Urus driver during an event last Saturday. Beautiful car. He paid almost 320k for it... SmileySmileySmiley

New Audi RS Q8 is coming...610 hp "only" but it will be much more affordable. Very similar to Urus but a fully loaded RS Q8 will certainly be under 200k.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

I am glad my main residence is in the US. I can build a generously optioned Cayenne coupe for $140,000 US. Any reasonable dealer will offer at least 6% off at that price. 

That is a very bare bones one. Being careful not to click any cool things or tweak the interior, my spec was $154k for a turbo model (not S). But the real issue was the color. If I had to buy a Cayenne Coupe today, there is not a single exterior color I could live with, total dealbreaker.

Price of Cayenne Turbo coupé here is CHF 193k  ( which is the same in $ )   ... and not due to taxe as we have a 7.7% VAT included in this price 

Pack sport for example is 13k........ It goes quickly ....

--

Wonderbar:

I am glad my main residence is in the US. I can build a generously optioned Cayenne coupe for $140,000 US. Any reasonable dealer will offer at least 6% off at that price. 

I ended up with 160k USD ("my" options, nothing really special)...without VAT. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Bare bones? I checked Biscayne blue exterior, graphite blue and chalk interior, 22 inch turbo wheels, Performance  and Premium packages. I’d say that’s a lot of muscle and flesh on bare-bones. I don’t need PDCC, Burmester Sound, ceramic brakes, etc. I’m not saying I’m going to buy the car, but I am saying you can get a damn nice one for around 140K, before discount.

$154k was with no Burmester or ceramic brakes, nothing fancy inside like carbon, wood or aluminum and such. PDCC, PVT is a must as are some electronic safety options, did not even have fancy wheels... A really nice spec would be close to $170k, the TTS would be even more...

Would you list the options in your build? And BTW, PTV is included in the Performance Package, as is rear steering.  Also, the 22” Turbo rims are quite fancy IMHO, as they are I believe the first time such a diameter has ever been offered on a Porsche.yes

Packages: Assistance, Performance and Luxury, if you check no other boxes, is already $146k... You still need to pick a color, wheels, an interior... Mine was lava orange with a simple 2 tone interior and 21” wheels, and a few small stuff that probably should be standard. This is an overall simple spec.

Sounds nice!  Wish I had the courage to get an orange one. Cool color. 

I had a Nordic Gold 2009 Cayenne TTS, was beautiful despite the black interior. This lava orange is too much though imho... but it would be the only color even close to a build. But this ship has sailed. Time changes. This came bring nothing above a RRS autobiography and actually is missing two seats even... and the price...

SciFrog:

I had a Nordic Gold 2009 Cayenne TTS, was beautiful despite the black interior. This lava orange is too much though imho... but it would be the only color even close to a build. But this ship has sailed. Time changes. This came bring nothing above a RRS autobiography and actually is missing two seats even... and the price...

they can do the color you wish, it is called PTS (paint to sample) and it does exist on cayenne. it will add few weeks to your order and you can go crazy as you like. You can even create your own color and give them a sample, that will take longer but it will be the Scifrog color Smiley

the interior can also be changed to your wish with up to 200 colors and it is called LTS. it is not cheap if you want to do the full interior but it is worth it. customized as its best Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

I ordered a Cayenne Coupè,delivery November l...at start i don't like it,but after seeing in real i start to like more and more..now i prefer it to the standard Cayenne.

Also coming from a 250hp Macan Diesel the base Cayenne seems with the right power,i choose not the S becouse i'm bored to pay tax for powercars...and think that also the base model pay a few(is just to powerful enlightened).sad

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

Super Darius:

I ordered a Cayenne Coupè,delivery November l...at start i don't like it,but after seeing in real i start to like more and more..now i prefer it to the standard Cayenne.

Also coming from a 250hp Macan Diesel the base Cayenne seems with the right power,i choose not the S becouse i'm bored to pay tax for powercars...and think that also the base model pay a few(is just to powerful enlightened).sad

Welcome back, Dario...where have you been? Smiley

--

the-missile:
    SciFrog:

they can do the color you wish, it is called PTS (paint to sample) and it does exist on cayenne. it will add few weeks to your order and you can go crazy as you like. You can even create your own color and give them a sample, that will take longer but it will be the Scifrog color Smiley

the interior can also be changed to your wish with up to 200 colors and it is called LTS. it is not cheap if you want to do the full interior but it is worth it. customized as its best Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

I did not know PTS was available for the Cayenne, is it for the Macan? This issue is the price on top of an overpriced car already...

SciFrog:
    the-missile:
    SciFrog:

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

I did not know PTS was available for the Cayenne, is it for the Macan? This issue is the price on top of an overpriced car already...

All Porsche products can be ordered with PTS and LTS. Well maybe not for the limited production GT cars. But yes, PTS option is getting expensive in a hurry.

--

SciFrog:

PTS for Cayenne should be in the 7-9k range max. They will do it as well for Macan at slightly less. The price tag varies from places and it adds extra few weeks on delivery, better to ask your favorite dealer. Interior is far more expensive to tune and will go in the 25 to 50k range to be fully changed and few parts they will not do it. You really need to love your interior color. 

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

Whoopsy:

All Porsche products can be ordered with PTS and LTS. Well maybe not for the limited production GT cars. But yes, PTS option is getting expensive in a hurry.

You know that even the limited and numbered GT products, they will do it. You just need to be part of the top fish gang. It is evaluated by the special project committee and they can even allow anything you are ready to pay for...

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    Whoopsy:

You know that even the limited and numbered GT products, they will do it. You just need to be part of the top fish gang. It is evaluated by the special project committee and they can even allow anything you are ready to pay for...

Client dependent............

For GT cars there are restrictions on timing and availability. And also colour choices hehe. Porsche Canada won't let me have PTS on my 911R as they know I am just gonna paint it black anyways, but I was going to do Daytona Nero and of course it was a nein.

I also could have had PTS on the GT2RS but I turned that one down as I was initially going with black, turns out I change it late to Miami Blue. 

They refused the request to paint the calipers black on the GT2RS even when I know it can be done and I know someone did it and I even show them the option line with the price. Smiley

--

Whoopsy:
    They refused the request to paint the calipers black on the GT2RS even when I know it can be done and I know someone did it and I even show them the option line with the price. Smiley

Finally on the 992, GT4, and Spyder, Black calipers is a regular option for $900.

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

RC:
    Super Darius:

Ciao Christian 

i was here and there...i have a few time,work,maybe too much for what is worth,but no way to have the same results without put so much time(now,before was better)...think that my RS has only 4500kms,and in 30 days will be one year old.

Smiley

Smiley

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

Grant:
    Whoopsy:

Finally on the 992, GT4, and Spyder, Black calipers is a regular option for $900.

That must hurt if you are a top fish and used to pay $9000 for it Smiley

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Whoopsy:

Client dependent............

For GT cars there are restrictions on timing and availability. And also colour choices hehe. Porsche Canada won't let me have PTS on my 911R as they know I am just gonna paint it black anyways, but I was going to do Daytona Nero and of course it was a nein.

I also could have had PTS on the GT2RS but I turned that one down as I was initially going with black, turns out I change it late to Miami Blue. 

Yep, privilege and board connection...top snake rather than top fish Smiley

For your Daytona nero, was the feasibility done? it takes a year for them to move...and finally agree on a color they do not have yet on their list. the 2RS is gorgeous in black, I would have chose that over miami. PTS choice could have been dark colors as the carbon everywhere makes it avery nice and subtle contrast.

they refused my black calipers as well, with same scenario as yours but they give the reason at least, it is not about being ready to pay, it is also long term relationship with exclusiv.

I am excited to see what will be done on speedsters. Smiley how to turn a 911 to a half million USD car.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

Super Darius:
    RC:
    Super Darius:

Ciao Christian 

i was here and there...i have a few time,work,maybe too much for what is worth,but no way to have the same results without put so much time(now,before was better)...think that my RS has only 4500kms,and in 30 days will be one year old.

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley My Performante has already 6000 km...in barely two months. Smiley I need to drive less, otherwise my insurance rate will go up (9000 km per year, if I drive more, I have to pay more).

Good to hear that you're OK, I was a little bit worried. Smiley Smiley

--

I am in Germany for the weekend and rented a Panamera Turismo GTS ( or whatever they call it) from Avis. Must say, this V8 is everything I have been missing in the Macao turbo. If only Porsche would shoe horn it into the Macan it would be the perfect family car. I also saw a silver cayenne turbo in downtown Düsseldorf . Like . A lot. Needs 22” wheels though. I think I may make the plunge and upgrade the family car.

That said (back on the Panamera), the new interface below the central screen is kind of a little disappointing (but the screens are first class). Also try punching in directions while driving , if your hand slips you hit a toggle switch below and you are in a different menu.... and why is there not a stand alone button for sports exhaust? Who thought that made sense? Same for suspension.... and sport mode.... sometimes progress is not progress and I wish the guy or gal  designing the buttons spent more time actually using and enjoying the car....

Sport exhaust buttons are forbidden by law (emissions) in the EU. The sport exhaust flaps can only be "legally" operated by switching driving modes and even this may be forbidden soon (2021?).

One reason why Porsche cars sound so muted lately is the fact that Porsche is afraid of complaints, so they made sure that the cars don't need any software upgrade for sound emissions (like Audi did with the RS3 for example...) issues.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803662 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448664 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266257 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90137 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6696 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885964 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833764 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM