Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 992 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car

SciFrog:

Meanwhile in the real world, Porsche recalls 100,000 cars...

A cause for a recall definitely but not a so serious issue, it seems.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/06/24/porsche-cayenne-panamera-recall/

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

Makes the GT3 sound like a race car angry

The sound is very different from the inside then from  the outside ......

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

I love the quirky enthusiasm of Janko Lind. Very much worth following (no affiliation!)

BiTurbo:

Makes the GT3 sound like a race car angry

There is sound in this video? Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:

There is sound in this video? Smiley Smiley

Since you're driving a V10 now, can't blame you for saying that Smiley

But we know the usual drift, it is more practical bla bla bla..... and it's only missing 2 more doors Smiley

Here comes the fascinating 992 targa

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz3PzJtFL8v/?igshid=12h2w6n6bt1wo

--

'08 997 C4 sand beige on basalt black

buzzinfrog:

Here comes the fascinating 992 targa

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz3PzJtFL8v/?igshid=12h2w6n6bt1wo

--

'08 997 C4 sand beige on basalt black

That 992 Turbo Cab looks mean blush

I had my first look at a 992 this morning at my local dealer whilst they were doing a recall campaign on my targa. As others have said it looks better in the metal than in photo's but I thought the interior quality looked and felt a real step backwards from the 991. The standard grey dash and door trim looked and felt extremely low quality.

The more surprising aspect of the visit was seeing the entire dealership staff now wearing a Porsche Racing uniform. Is this a policy now handed down from Germany or is it a Porsche GB idea? Either way whoever came up with it needs to lie down in a darkened room and seriously consider their ability to come up with a good idea. You can't tell who is who now as everyone wears the same clothing. That is pretty much a fail from a customer perspective. It may look good on fit, trim and toned young models in the Porsche magazine or on the mechanics of the race team but on real life dealer staff of all shapes and sizes it is very unflattering and makes them look like they work for a budget brand car rental operation. It really made the dealership look down market which I have to assume was not the intention. Did the Corporate Image team really not think through that forcing staff to wear short sleeve polo shirts might uncover some questionable tattoo work in the process?

ISUK:

I had my first look at a 992 this morning at my local dealer whilst they were doing a recall campaign on my targa. As others have said it looks better in the metal than in photo's but I thought the interior quality looked and felt a real step backwards from the 991. The standard grey dash and door trim looked and felt extremely low quality.

The more surprising aspect of the visit was seeing the entire dealership staff now wearing a Porsche Racing uniform. Is this a policy now handed down from Germany or is it a Porsche GB idea? Either way whoever came up with it needs to lie down in a darkened room and seriously consider their ability to come up with a good idea. You can't tell who is who now as everyone wears the same clothing. That is pretty much a fail from a customer perspective. It may look good on fit, trim and toned young models in the Porsche magazine or on the mechanics of the race team but on real life dealer staff of all shapes and sizes it is very unflattering and makes them look like they work for a budget brand car rental operation. It really made the dealership look down market which I have to assume was not the intention. Did the Corporate Image team really not think through that forcing staff to wear short sleeve polo shirts might uncover some questionable tattoo work in the process?

No CI clothing at my Porsche dealership in Germany as of last week or so...

I remember that buying a Porsche at my (small) Porsche dealership was real fun back in the days: I loved to drop in from time to time, for a cup of coffee, having a nice chat to my sales guy or the owner. Then, sometimes, the owner threw me a key of a new model and I was out for a drive. Then I came back, we discussed my impressions, talked about our families, other cars, it was really a very pleasant experience, it felt like family. Now this whole CI thing destroyed my favorite Porsche experience, I always loved it when dealerships look different but now? Smiley This is what I love about my Lamborghini dealer: One general manager and one sales guy. Thats it. No kidding. There is a big company (MAHAG) behind this but it doesn't feel that way. They will expand, they will have a new building next year and they will hire another two sales guys but I hope they basically stay the same because I simply love the private and friendly atmosphere. I hate big dealerships, I just don't "dig" the "vibe". Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

This is the uniform they are wearing here angry I found the photo on the Facebook page for my regular dealer. The guy on the middle of the stairs is the dealer priincipal. It looks ridiculous IMHO and more fitting of a team from either a leisure /sports centre or a budget car rental operation, certainly not a Porsche dealership.

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 17.48.22.png

angryenlightened

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

ISUK:

I think it is only on Friday and Saturday that they dress like this. I took delivery of my 992 yesterday. Properly specced it is not a step back from the 991. It is certainly more and more a daily GT with sports car capabilities than the other way round which essentially reflects how most are used.

ISUK:

This is the uniform they are wearing here angry I found the photo on the Facebook page for my regular dealer. The guy on the middle of the stairs is the dealer priincipal. It looks ridiculous IMHO and more fitting of a team from either a leisure /sports centre or a budget car rental operation, certainly not a Porsche dealership.

This is the consesequnse of their motorsport victories in recent years . If you don't get it and expect  silly suits,  you miss Porsche heritage big time my friend...

Agree completely with Boyko  wink

Boyko23:

This is the consesequnse of their motorsport victories in recent years . If you don't get it and expect  silly suits,  you miss Porsche heritage big time my friend...

You mean to say that In all the many years I've owned Porsches they've been going racing and winning?? Wow Smiley...... who knew...... Smiley

crayphile:
    ISUK:

I think it is only on Friday and Saturday that they dress like this. I took delivery of my 992 yesterday. Properly specced it is not a step back from the 991. It is certainly more and more a daily GT with sports car capabilities than the other way round which essentially reflects how most are used.

Crayfile or whatever your name is I think you’re in serious need of an analyst. Your car obsession/fetish has over whelmed you. With all the great cars you own, you bought a measly 992? Shame, shame. Smiley

--

Assume most people are stupid and hope they surprise you.

992 start up noise now sounds like any other car. Probably due to the particulates filter. 

Turbo video is hot—thanks for posting👍

ISUK:
    Boyko23:

You mean to say that In all the many years I've owned Porsches they've been going racing and winning?? Wow Smiley...... who knew...... Smiley

Soon enough they will be hiring their race drivers to takeover showrooms/sales instead of driving Smiley

ISUK:

Smiley

--

Wow, you guys must be bored with this thread.  Commenting on dealership clothing--geez.  

I have the answer--Porsche should introduce a new 992 variant so you can attack its performance, weight, boring design, price, etc. wink

RC:
    ISUK:

Smiley

The girls look very nice and pleasant  in the Porsche uniform, I think.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

that is Motorsport Division gear

... which in those colours will soon be obsolete:

Motorsport 2020.jpg

Maybe they're getting rid of the old stock?

addidas is no more partner - Hugo Boss is back again

How many of you claiim a Porsche Heritage!!!!??? 

Is one of them an Indian Sikh gentleman? 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM