Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: My Huracan Performante (2019)

throt:
    RC:
    Sir_Ferrari:

Congrats! Your Huracan Perofrmante looks great!

Thank you. Smiley

I knew you would get the performante. White would be my choice too but with those gold wheels, the ones that would be a nightmare to clean.Smiley.

Congrats.Smiley.

The gold wheels are actually bronze and are no problem at all when it comes to cleaning. Smiley

Yes, with this design they seem to be not very easy to clean, but with the CCB they don't get very dirty and the colour hides most of the dust. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    throt:
    RC:
    Sir_Ferrari:

Congrats! Your Huracan Perofrmante looks great!

Thank you. Smiley

I knew you would get the performante. White would be my choice too but with those gold wheels, the ones that would be a nightmare to clean.Smiley.

Congrats.Smiley.

The gold wheels are actually bronze and are no problem at all when it comes to cleaning. Smiley

Yes, with this design they seem to be not very easy to clean, but with the CCB they don't get very dirty and the colour hides most of the dust. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

Cheers, bud.

Bronze and CCB all the way then Smiley.Smiley.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

I fully agree the white looks awesome....now arrange that batman for me please indecision

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

intouch1:

I fully agree the white looks awesome....now arrange that batman for me please indecision

Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

https://youtu.be/SFMriiRVDVk

sound difference 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

RC:
    Gnil:

White really blends in with the normal cars . I am sure the color helps so much for the non agressive attitude from the public .

Thanks for the pics 

Everyone says that but I'm not so sure: Rossi has a pretty colorful one and he claims he experienced the same positive reaction.

However: My sales guy, he recently drove my dealership's Performante for a week (they had to organize various events), says that he only got negative reactions, some even very bad. The car is black and has a tricolore stripe in the middle. My sales guy is the nicest person you'll ever meet, very defensive, not an aggressive driver (I drove "with" him). Smiley

Also funny: He drives 90% of the time in Strada mode, so he doesn't provoke but I drive 99% of the time in Corsa mode with open exhaust. Smiley So weird.

So maybe the color plays a big role in the perception of the car, true but I have no clue. Smiley

Probably just my utter lack of refined taste, but I am not usually much of a fan of the looks of Lamborghini, however I do find the white over black accents to be surprisingly good looking. Smiley

From the Lamborghini museum . Made me think of one of our member's car indecision

IMG_7633.jpg

IMG_7635.jpg

The ultimate Huracan 

IMG_7624.jpg

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/features/sussex-santagata-taking-lamborghini-huracan-performante-home

--

1992 964 Carrera 2 - 2016 Macan S Diesel - 2018 Mini JCW

First day out of quarantine... 🤗

3B973C63-60E0-4A12-9FB9-D5DE154A9143.png

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Tough life being a pharmacist.......Smiley

--

Porsche Boxster 981 GTS Carrara white / VW Golf GTI 5dr DSG Tornado Red

Nice! blush 332 km/h kisskiss

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS  blush

RC:

The best thing is that it is legal. In many other parts of the world you would risk a heavy fine, at best.

Legal yes, in the sense that you don't get a speeding ticket. However, should an accident happen, someone might get blamed for reckless driving. Smiley  I know the roads are deserted, just saying.

--

2018 White 911 GT3

Glad you’re getting to enjoy yourself a little, Covid is tough on us mentally and emotionally. Having some fun is good right now!

RC:

AFAIK there hasn‘t been an easing of the curfew so far? Smiley

--

In Luxembourg you may use your car to drive to a destination (no limit on distance). Road trips are not allowed. They are however allowed for bikers, since riding a motorcycle falls under the category sporting activity yes

--

2018 White 911 GT3

RC:

Nothing relieves the stress of quarantine like seeing a 300+ kph on your speedo.. Godspeed!

I can confirm that my friends performante with the new engine runs also great...kisssmiley

Blueflame

735B5E87-DD23-456E-B521-4A479E9224EF.jpeg

blueflame:

I can confirm that my friends performante with the new engine runs also great...kisssmiley

Blueflame

wait wait, tell us more about the new engine?

Is the unbreakable, best engine in the world, 95% similar to race engine and loudest on earth can actually brake? oh my god, Christian will not like this - impossible. Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    blueflame:

Blueflame

Is the unbreakable, best engine in the world, 95% similar to race engine and loudest on earth can actually brake? oh my god, Christian will not like this - impossible. Smiley

I reported the engine-change, because of a power loss in 2019 on Rennteam.

No costs for my friend and the car drives now perfect.

Blueflame

the-missile:
    blueflame:

Blueflame

The V10 engine is bulletproof... This doesn't mean shit doesn't happen. Smiley

Also, like blueflame said...there was a power loss, it didn't break down. These engines are very sensitive to break-in as far as I heard. I have 10500 km now and zero issues. 

As to the speed in the photo, I had to brake because a curve was coming up (I know this road well) and at over 330 kph, you don't want to end up with someone in your lane or a traffic jam. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Rossi:
    RC:

AFAIK there hasn‘t been an easing of the curfew so far? Smiley

Nope. The advantage of a press pass. Smiley I didn't actually know for sure since motor journalism isn't really essential during these times but apparently, it is. Gercollector told me. Official motor journalism press pass = no curfew (with cars).

--

RC:

Nope. The advantage of a press pass. Smiley I didn't actually know for sure since motor journalism isn't really essential during these times but apparently, it is. Gercollector told me. Official motor journalism press pass = no curfew (with cars).

keep you press pass in the drawer and stay at home. curfew is for everyone safety. Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    RC:

keep you press pass in the drawer and stay at home. curfew is for everyone safety. Smiley

Are you serious? First, I do not come in contact with anyone during my drives and second, you know what I do for a living? Smiley I am out every day for at least 10 hours, working with sick people. I come in contact with at least 50 people per day, besides the fact that I have antibodies (confirmed by two tests out of three, today I had my fourth one). Smiley 

We have no real curfew in Bavaria, people can go out, take a walk, ride a bicycle, drive to work and/or to a nearby lake or forest for a walk. Only "senseless" driving around without a (necessary) target location is forbidden but this was not really allowed before, even without the corona virus. Smiley 

Also, only Bavaria has the strict "no driving for pleasure" rule.

The main reason why driving around without a "purpose" is not permitted is hospital capacity. If an accident happens and you have to go to the hospital... ICU capacity in Germany is at an average of 40% now, so no real problem. In one of the biggest clinics in my region, ICU capacity is at 50%.

They asked motorcycle riders to leave their bikes at home but so many are still riding their motorbikes and drive like nut jobs, even worse than before corona. Smiley

Also, a friend is an orthopedic in the emergency room and told me that he had mainly bicycle riders(!) in the emergency room. Smiley 

Long story short: Relax. We do not have a strict curfew like in the UAE.

--

the-missile:
    RC:

Hmmm.... Even if I try very, very hard I cannot see where driving in a car increases covid-19 risks. Personally, and this I would never accept any decision of the executive that does not make sense...

Driving doesn't increase the risk of spreading the virus of course (my actual job is probably much riskier in that regard Smiley) but in Bavaria, they didn't want to have too many cars out there because of possible accidents and exceeding emergency room/ICU capacities. Police was actually instructed to stop mainly motorcycle riders and ask them to refrain from riding their bike because they are usually those who land in the emergency rooms with fractures and worse. Right now, like you, I do not see any issues though, this is why I took out my car this weekend for the very first time. I could have earlier...also, I could have found tens of (legal) excuses why I had to drive the car, so the press thingie wouldn't even be necessary. Pharmacists and doctors are allowed to visit patients or to make deliveries, we have no curfew since we are part of the critical infrastructure. Of course I didn't want to abuse this, this wouldn't be correct.

--

RC:

Driving doesn't increase the risk of spreading the virus of course (my actual job is probably much riskier in that regard Smiley) but in Bavaria, they didn't want to have too many cars out there because of possible accidents and exceeding emergency room/ICU capacities. Police was actually instructed to stop mainly motorcycle riders and ask them to refrain from riding their bike because they are usually those who land in the emergency rooms with fractures and worse. Right now, like you, I do not see any issues though, this is why I took out my car this weekend for the very first time. I could have earlier...also, I could have found tens of (legal) excuses why I had to drive the car, so the press thingie wouldn't even be necessary. Pharmacists and doctors are allowed to visit patients or to make deliveries, we have no curfew since we are part of the critical infrastructure. Of course I didn't want to abuse this, this wouldn't be correct.

Well, I guess, the whole situation is a bit difficult to discuss - Example, I went to my parents (40km drive) last week to see my father or better to give him a chance to see me (high degree of dementia...) - I took my car as it is my daily driver for the trip - what shall I say ? I thought about what people I pass will think of me - poser ? idiot ? ... Let's simply hope that this corona misery will come to an end some time soon ...

Rules are so different from one region to another . Switzerland did not have a confinement , at best we could call it a semi-confinement . ( not talking about shops , bars etc... )   The only thing that is actually forbidden is to be more then 5 people outside at a time and to be closer then 2 m appart .  All the rest  were suggestions .  You are even allowed to try to cross the border into other countries ( not that it will be easy to do , but some manage to  .... )  You can only be fined if you go food shopping across the border .

People have been out the whole time, just much less and keeping distances . Outside play grounds, small paths etc.. have been closed , but some  playing fields have stayed open .  People are swimming in the lake since about 10 days . Police passes and checks that distances are respected . CHF 120 .- fine if not .

Motorcyclist have been advised not to drive ( but it is not forbidden ) and the only reason was so they do not fill the hospitals if they are involved in an accident . 

Lot has been put on self responsibilities . Am I am grateful for that . 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

RC:

Are you serious? First, I do not come in contact with anyone during my drives and second, you know what I do for a living? Smiley I am out every day for at least 10 hours, working with sick people. I come in contact with at least 50 people per day, besides the fact that I have antibodies (confirmed by two tests out of three, today I had my fourth one). Smiley 

We have no real curfew in Bavaria, people can go out, take a walk, ride a bicycle, drive to work and/or to a nearby lake or forest for a walk. Only "senseless" driving around without a (necessary) target location is forbidden but this was not really allowed before, even without the corona virus. Smiley 

Also, only Bavaria has the strict "no driving for pleasure" rule.

The main reason why driving around without a "purpose" is not permitted is hospital capacity. If an accident happens and you have to go to the hospital... ICU capacity in Germany is at an average of 40% now, so no real problem. In one of the biggest clinics in my region, ICU capacity is at 50%.

Long story short: Relax. We do not have a strict curfew like in the UAE.

Christian, you are leaving in Bavaria and pleasure driving is not allowed at the moment - in line with the restrictions communicated by M. Söder. I did not get your bragging about a press card Smiley, I think it was not appropriate thing to do during this time. Being a pharmacist allows you to do certain things related to your work. Long Story short; it could be good to be an example for your kids and for the people around Smiley there is plenty of time to drive the Lambo. 

For UAE, our restrictions are lifted since friday, you can go few hours a day outside without any permit as long as you have a mask and respect distancing...I just hope people will be serious enough to avoid a massive second wave. relying on people mindset can be tricky.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

MKSGR:

Hmmm.... Even if I try very, very hard I cannot see where driving in a car increases covid-19 risks. Personally, and this I would never accept any decision of the executive that does not make sense...

I do not see it either but that's current rule communicated by the authorities in Bavaria. What's the point to crossing the law and bragging about the permission to do so because of a press card? Smiley not accepting the law and crossing it is two different subjects that we could debate for ever Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764754 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436773 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261165 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258065 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82701 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5331 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877113 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809259 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM