Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Lamborghini Huracan and variants

JimFlat6:

As for the Lamborghini....  Are you shopping for winter tires and wheels yet? 

Already have them. Bought a set of four slightly used Loge rims (same I have now) for 6k and had my tire shop mount brand-new PZero Sottozero 3 Winter with "L" rating on them, same size as summer tires. These are the only winter tires approved for the Performante. Total cost was around 8.3k vs. the cost of a new wheel set from Lamborghini (13k).

In short: Yes, I will drive the car in winter. 😎

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

How did I know you would? kiss

Your least friendly neighbors will foam at the mouth when you drive by in that car on a snowy day. 

JimFlat6:

How did I know you would? kiss

Your least friendly neighbors will foam at the mouth when you drive by in that car on a snowy day. 

Here is the weird thing: So far, the reaction and feedback from neighbors and (non-car related) friends has been overly positive, even almost enthusiastic I'd say. Smiley A friend of mine has a theory, he told me that he thinks that cars like the Huracan are so surreal for most people that they just do not feel envy or bad feelings, they just like what they see. Could be possible but honestly, I have received so many positive reactions from people (every day I get dozens! of thumbs up from strangers) that I started to think that my friend is right. My wife has noticed the same, she couldn't be more happy because she was a little bit worried. Same goes to my kids, they don't like too much "exposure" but so far, everything was very positive and pleasant. Smiley I mean I got thumbs up from bikers and Tesla drivers, so it may be possible that hell just froze over. Smiley Smiley Smiley

I also noticed that if I thank people for their thumbs up and/or talk to them about the car, the reaction is even more positive. Some exotic cars drivers ignore this stuff but I think it isn't a very good idea to do that. People appreciate a thank you and and so do I. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Interesting question for you, do you think you would get the same reaction in a 488?

996FourEss:

Interesting question for you, do you think you would get the same reaction in a 488?

Seriously, I don't have a clue. The reaction to the Huracan Performante has completely baffled me, I don't know what to think. Smiley Maybe it is the color, maybe the huge wing which makes the car look...how to put it...cartoonish...in a positive way, I really don't have a clue. 

--

Same here. Thums up from oncoming bikers, I never experienced that before.

The Performante just looks wonderful in the wild, I think most people acknowledge that and rather show you their thumbs instead of some other fingers. indecision

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:

Same here. Thums up from oncoming bikers, I never experienced that before.

The Performante just looks wonderful in the wild, I think most people acknowledge that and rather show you their thumbs instead of some other fingers. indecision

It must be something else as well...Smiley I wish I knew, just out of curiosity. Smiley

It never happened to me in any other car, so this is a first for me. The R8 got some sympathies but usually only smiles or maybe once or twice a thumb up but not even close to the attention the Performante gets.

--

Maybe it's just so over the top that it's motoring rebel meets art. 

JimFlat6:

Maybe it's just so over the top that it's motoring rebel meets art. 

Something like that...maybe. Smiley

--

I saw a white performante parked at dubai mall yesterday, hordes of chinese tourists were going nuts taking selfies 

Maybe driving a Lamborghini is considered more of an enthusiasm.

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:

Maybe driving a Lamborghini is considered more of an enthusiasm.

Haven't thought about that, maybe.

--

I think it is because it is so wildly exotic, without making excuses. People tend to like confidence. It is when you start revving it in the city when the thumbs up will turn into fists I think. Everybody loves it when they muster up the courage to talk to someone with a nice car and they are treated nicely. They'll bring back the stoy to their friends, maybe with a cool picture and that gives them a good pub story. Be an ass to them and that will give them a completely different story.

A lot of "lesser" super cars do radiate the small penis syndrome, and as thy are not so wildly exotic as the lambo, the owners often feel the need to show off a little bit... hence the negative reaction of the audience, I thnk.

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Joost:

I think it is because it is so wildly exotic, without making excuses. People tend to like confidence. It is when you start revving it in the city when the thumbs up will turn into fists I think. Everybody loves it when they muster up the courage to talk to someone with a nice car and they are treated nicely. They'll bring back the stoy to their friends, maybe with a cool picture and that gives them a good pub story. Be an ass to them and that will give them a completely different story.

A lot of "lesser" super cars do radiate the small penis syndrome, and as thy are not so wildly exotic as the lambo, the owners often feel the need to show off a little bit... hence the negative reaction of the audience, I thnk.

Hmm...interesting analysis and yes, revving the engine in the city at a stop light is definitely not the thing to do in such a car. I bet any sympathy would switch very fast to hate. 

Lamborghini Dallas already seems to have the new Evo in stock, interesting. The price tag is pretty high though. Smiley

https://www.lamborghinidallas.com/new/Lamborghini/2020-Lamborghini-Huracan+EVO-Dallas-061afc040a0e0aea230460973aae7ccb.htm

--

Interesting comment regarding the new Huracan Evo from Lamborghini Talk (I heard a similar story from two other people who had the chance to drive the Evo): 

Drove the EVO yesterday during a very comprehensive test that involved hairpin turns at highly illegal speeds, multiple launches etc. Performed in a stellar fashion. The EVO is superior to the 580, 610 on every performance metric and in a significant manner. From grip, cornering, acceleration, and overall driving dynamics, the EVO is more compelling and capable.

In comparison to the HP, unless you opt for all the exterior upgrades, such as high gloss or carbon fiber for the bumper and rear diffuser, the EVO looks cheap. The interior has nice touches such as the center screen but the constant appearance of unsightly fingerprints is unsettling. The carbon fibre skin looks decent but very synthetic. The overall aesthtics of the EVO absolutely requires a plethora of costly upgrades to approach the more expensive, finished appearance of the HP.

As for performance, straight-line speed is virtually identical as is engine note. Driving the EVO after more than a year with the HP feels very familiar as they share much in common. Think of the EVO is a more comfortable version of the HP with tamped down rawness. There is no question that the HP feels more track focussed especially when pushed. Navigating severe corners at high speed are more precise and inspire greater confidence with the HP. That is not to suggest that the EVO does not possess tremendous grip and cornering ability. Torque vectering does compensate for the slightly softer suspension and absence of ALA but not enough. 

Ultimately, if the HP is one's cup of tea, the EVO will be admired for accomplishing its design mandate but will not be a temptation for a trade. The HP is more thrilling to drive. For those who are satified with the 610 or 580, they will be totally enamoured by the EVO. It represents a significant upgrade on every level.

However, there is a serious issue with the EVO and that is the nonsensical pricing. With the necessary options, the EVO ends up costing noticeably dearer than the HP. Therefore, trading up from a 610 or 580 will involve an enormous cash outlay. There is little doubt that this will adversely affect sales. If the EVO was price between the 610 and the HP, the car would be an unqualified success. Even the dealers are highly pessimistic over sales since initial customer reaction has been very muted. If I did not currently own an HP, instead of buying the EVO, I would opt for a used Performante.

--

RC:

Interesting comment regarding the new Huracan Evo from Lamborghini Talk (I heard a similar story from two other people who had the chance to drive the Evo): 

Drove the EVO yesterday during a very comprehensive test that involved hairpin turns at highly illegal speeds, multiple launches etc. Performed in a stellar fashion. The EVO is superior to the 580, 610 on every performance metric and in a significant manner. From grip, cornering, acceleration, and overall driving dynamics, the EVO is more compelling and capable.

In comparison to the HP, unless you opt for all the exterior upgrades, such as high gloss or carbon fiber for the bumper and rear diffuser, the EVO looks cheap. The interior has nice touches such as the center screen but the constant appearance of unsightly fingerprints is unsettling. The carbon fibre skin looks decent but very synthetic. The overall aesthtics of the EVO absolutely requires a plethora of costly upgrades to approach the more expensive, finished appearance of the HP.

As for performance, straight-line speed is virtually identical as is engine note. Driving the EVO after more than a year with the HP feels very familiar as they share much in common. Think of the EVO is a more comfortable version of the HP with tamped down rawness. There is no question that the HP feels more track focussed especially when pushed. Navigating severe corners at high speed are more precise and inspire greater confidence with the HP. That is not to suggest that the EVO does not possess tremendous grip and cornering ability. Torque vectering does compensate for the slightly softer suspension and absence of ALA but not enough. 

Ultimately, if the HP is one's cup of tea, the EVO will be admired for accomplishing its design mandate but will not be a temptation for a trade. The HP is more thrilling to drive. For those who are satified with the 610 or 580, they will be totally enamoured by the EVO. It represents a significant upgrade on every level.

However, there is a serious issue with the EVO and that is the nonsensical pricing. With the necessary options, the EVO ends up costing noticeably dearer than the HP. Therefore, trading up from a 610 or 580 will involve an enormous cash outlay. There is little doubt that this will adversely affect sales. If the EVO was price between the 610 and the HP, the car would be an unqualified success. Even the dealers are highly pessimistic over sales since initial customer reaction has been very muted. If I did not currently own an HP, instead of buying the EVO, I would opt for a used Performante.

VW trying to makeup for its losses Smiley

"Lamborghini Huracan EVO vs Nurburgring" (PistonHeads)

Lamborghini wants to lure 911 GT3 RS drivers; we joined the fight on a 'ring track day to see if it stands a chance...

Say what you like about Lamborghinis but they retain the ability to create moments of pure theatre. One of many on the heels of the Huracan EVO driven by Lamborghini development guru Marco Passerini comes as we approach Pflanzgarten and my windscreen is full of low-flying Huracan, all four wheels off the ground, exhausts glowing like afterburners and the surrounding forest shimmering in a V10 heat haze. In full knowledge I'll be doing exactly the same fractions of a second later.

There's plenty of tasty metal being given the beans on this millionaires' track day. But, holy flying Lamborghinis, the Huracan has attention-seeking appeal even in this crowd. The EVO's job today is to prove it can deliver a drive to match.

It's nice to get some wheel time but the real reason for Huracan's presence is to - literally - tempt some of the GT3 RS drivers into the EVO for a lap or two. In the hope of convincing them Lamborghinis are about more than noise, hot air and making Porsche work that little bit harder for its lap records.

This is a bold play. Nobody doubts the Huracan's crowd-pleasing ability. But these guys take their Nurburgring lappery seriously. And there's a reason the GT3 and RS have such a monopoly, the AMG GT R and McLaren 600LT among the few able to stand genuine comparison. The Performante answered many of the early criticisms of the original LP610's all mouth, no trousers dynamics. But those worrying Lamborghini still puts showmanship and gimmickry ahead of substance won't have been entirely reassured.

Because Lamborghini's response to criticism the Huracan was dumbed down by tech like the loathsome dynamic steering and fun-killing all-wheel drive has been ... to add more tech like four-wheel steering and a '2.0' update on the existing gyro-controlled brain, dubbed Lamborghini Dinamica Veicolo Integrata in an attempt to make discussion of vehicle control systems sound like you're talking dirty in Italian. Hint - it doesn't.

Does its claimed ability to pre-empt the settings for all the various systems - all-wheel drive, four-wheel steer, torque vectoring, magnetic dampers, stability control among them - mitigate the inability to tweak the set-up beyond Lamborghini's prescriptive Strada/Sport/Corsa settings? The basic gist of Marco's explanation is that the three modes offer the basic 'mood' and distinct parameters for torque split and four-wheel steering that, for instance, unleash a bit of driftability in Sport. But that LDVI pre-empts and configures the car for what's coming, rather than reacting to what's just happened. Straight to Corsa it is then.

Before we've even reached Hatzenbach the EVO's new sense of agility is evident. Like all such systems it takes a little time to acclimatise but first impression is that the Huracan's take on four-wheel steering sits somewhere between Porsche's artfully unobtrusive set-up and the 'is the back end on casters?' approach of the AMG GT R.

The way it lunges for the apex, knife between its teeth, is unlike anything previously experienced in a regular Huracan. It's still hard to judge how input at the wheel corresponds to output through the front tyres but it does now go where you point it. Marco confirms that as you progress through the modes the range of the dynamic system narrows for more consistent feel, which is a relief given how it previously flopped between extremes of 9:1 and 17:1, seemingly on a whim.

You do wonder why fancy 'predictive' tech is truly necessary though, given a well calibrated passive set-up like you get in a McLaren 600LT gives you all the real-time information you need to drive proactively. Without the need for cod-Italian and gyroscopes.

In Corsa, the handling model is all about confidence-inspiring neutrality for a broad operating window. Which is for the best when chasing a senior Lamborghini test driver and fending off hotshoes in GT3 RSs. Refreshingly, even this most extreme setting has the flow and body control to roll with the Nordschleife's lumps and bumps, proof that Lamborghini has learned something from its recent obsession with 'ring laps.

"I cannot drive like Marco Mapelli. To go for those times takes a special driver," says Passerini, modestly. "But I can give him the car he needs to do it." That's evident in watching the onboards - compared with the manhandling required to get an Aventador SV or SVJ around here in Porsche-vexing time, the Huracan laps appear almost serene, at least in terms of Mapelli's inputs.

So, for all the visual and aural flamboyance the driving style is rather less showy, requiring smooth, minimal steering before unleashing that glorious fury in the EVO's Performante-spec V10. You can do so way earlier in the corner too, the new-found enthusiasm to turn in giving you confidence to unleash hell sooner. The lack of complaint through the chassis means one of two things - LDVI is a triumph. Or I'm just not trying hard enough.

This gives more chance to appreciate the magic of that engine, still the Huracan's stand-out feature compared with its immediate rivals. Sure, it's shared with the R8 and all that. But the sports-bike like cans and appetite for revs give the Lamborghini version a new level of aggression and authenticity compared with the more synthesised sound of the Audi. It's so loud it sounds like the Performante-spec titanium intake valves are inside my head and, after a couple of laps, I'm even considering the merits of ear plugs. But the sensory overload is all part of the magic, the lag-free interaction with 640 naturally-aspirated horsepower via throttle and paddles a stand-out feature even a GT3 RS motor struggles to compete with.

Over all this, the faint howl of protesting Corsas through the fast, off-camber right-handers down to Breidscheid bridge suggests I'm getting near the limits and, yes, it's the front end giving up first. Powering out of uphill turns with the front unloaded the default is still to understeer rather than to use the power to rotate the car in, meaning you inevitably back out and have another go. Don't try dialling it out with left-footed trail-braking either - like all Lamborghinis the EVO cuts the power as it would on a DSG Golf and leaves you hanging, which is a reoccurring frustration Marco shrugs away as required for safety reasons.

We've had some fast laps but Marco's test driver instincts mean he's keen we do some slower ones to free up thinking space to explore the other modes. Like a sulky kid being forced to do his homework I follow him back out, diligently running in Strada and automatic gearbox. Frankly it feels like someone's disconnected the steering completely, a sensation I recall from the original Huracan both with dynamic steering and the lazily geared passive set-up. Once again, the car feels flaccid and vague, still capable of making a great noise but frustratingly inert. I'm not sure the 'ring is the place to be exploring the showboating option of Sport mode but dip a toe and, yes, there's greater willingness to rotate on the throttle, the four-wheel steering and torque vectoring accentuating the sensation. I sense YouTube infamy knocking and revert to Corsa.

This exercise does reveal that the Huracan's bandwidth has increased by a huge margin, all the way from dumbed-down, nose-led safety to a sharper, more focused sense of the Performante's aggression. And in this sense the tech is an enabler, the Huracan now capable of delivering for proper drivers as well as just posers. An RS, GT R or 600LT would still offer the true purist a sharper dynamic experience. But, against Ferrari, Lamborghini is demonstrating it can learn fast and, within the timescale of a single facelift, the Huracan has evolved from mere showboater to credible contender. Where that stand-out motor previously felt in search of a car to do it justice, in EVO form the Huracan now feels more the complete package.

SPECIFICATION - LAMBORGHINI HURACAN EVO
    Engine:
     5,204cc, V10, naturally-aspirated, petrol
    Transmission: 7-speed twin-clutch, all-wheel drive
    Power: 640hp @ 8,000rpm
    Torque: 443lb ft @ 6,500rpm
    0-62mph: 2.9 seconds
    Top speed: 202mph
    Kerb weight: 1,422kg (dry)
    MPG: Fuel consumption and emissions data is in the type approval stage"
    CO2: N/A
    Price: £206,000

Video Link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnTme2GsbaY

Smiley

An RS, GT R or 600LT would still offer the true purist a sharper dynamic experience. But, against Ferrari, Lamborghini is demonstrating it can learn fast and, within the timescale of a single facelift, the Huracan has evolved from mere showboater to credible contender.

almost there angry...I hope they keep the glorious V10 for few more years and the package will be complete. 

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:

An RS, GT R or 600LT would still offer the true purist a sharper dynamic experience. But, against Ferrari, Lamborghini is demonstrating it can learn fast and, within the timescale of a single facelift, the Huracan has evolved from mere showboater to credible contender.

almost there angry...I hope they keep the glorious V10 for few more years and the package will be complete. 

The V10 stays for the Evo and the rumored Performante successor, the Super Trofeo Stradale (or whatever the name will be, not Performante though). After that, a V10 hybrid has still a small chance but more likely is the already rumored Biturbo V8. What seems to be sure is that the Aventador successor (next year) gets a V12 n/a hybrid engine with around 900 hp. Now that Ferrari put the SF90 Stradale out, I think that Lamborghini has to react and adapt the power to 1000 horses as well. Will be interesting...

--

A teaser pic from my soon (over the next couple of days) to be posted driving report.

IMG_8775.jpg

--

Incredible how the white Lamborghini is so  much more attractive as well as absolutely striking compared to the usual flamboyant Lambo colours kiss

Even the conspicuous rear wing blends beautifully into the white body.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

RC:

A teaser pic from my soon (over the next couple of days) to be posted driving report.

IMG_8775.jpg

Extremely nice looking SmileySmileySmiley

Thank you but pictures don't do the Performante justice... Smiley

--

It isn't easy to impress me but this guy made my "list": 😱

https://youtu.be/YmUDHWG4ZSU

--

Saw a yellow, bog standard Huracan yesterday. It didn't look exciting at all. The Performante is the one to get just on looks alone.

Parking in Italy...also "mystery" Porsche reservation 😉

3572FE58-3E99-44CD-85E1-48903EDE8E44.jpeg

997F4752-D5F8-4576-A8B1-28B6EC4C77E3.jpeg

--

Italy

357C41EB-CE9C-4BCE-98BD-392B90F4FB67.jpeg

--

Have a great stay in Italy RC! I hope you and your family will have lots of fun and sunny weather. The car looks amazing!

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS  blush

wooow..lambos are just the best looking cars today...love it

--

993 c2

Thank you, guys. 😎👍

0D08AB13-E165-4F5E-822D-83781BF6501C.jpeg

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    761501 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434831 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260213 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257364 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80853 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5317 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871669 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    806973 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM