Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017)

ha:

I never care about resale value when I purchase a car.. And honestly, I don't care about the production number either. I've always wished that everyone who wants a production car and can afford it can get it without the hassle of begging around and or paying a premium!

Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

haha,

the car is titz and nothing else matters.  And speaking of titz, Whoopsy - give it to your ex wife and let the boy friend wreck it, reduce the excess units available

Give? Haha. She can buy it of me 

--

Whoopsy:
    I am lying if I say I am not disappointed.

I had wanted to get both, the 935 and the GT2RS Clubsport. That would have been the perfect scenario.

But the truth is, I had always wanted the GT2RS Clubsport since I saw it last May at Weissach, I told Walliser I want one. So in a way, I am actually satisfied. Weird isn't it. The 935 was just a surprise at Rennsport.

I didn't think about having both the GT2RS and GT2RS Clubsport scenario last May as I was lusting over the Clubsport, and they are only making 200, so I didn't quite think I would get one.

The Clubsport is also to die for .... There was one on display at my dealer for about two month . What a machine ! You are lucky !

1557812514982IMG_6207.jpg

1557812523517IMG_6194.jpg

1557812531312IMG_6202.jpg

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

RC:
    Kobalt:

Don't forget that you buy these cars without test driving them. Some people probably just realize that the car is not for them.

You have a point here. Like Rossi...he bought the Performante without ever test-driving it. Not even a regular Huracan (as far as I know). Insane. I was so scared that he will show up at my door immediately after pickup and kill me. Smiley Smiley Just yesterday, while driving with my son, I realized that you need to love a lot of noise in a car to appreciate a car like the Performante. Also the chassis is very stiff in Corsa mode, seats feel less comfortable when in Corsa mode, also because the seat cushion seems to be thin.

Well, you're right about the Performante/Huracán (wanted to testdrive it, but the first dealer screwed it and then the time frame for ordering one was closing fast). But I have some experience with mid-engined sportscars, wide and low sportscars, loud sportscars and stripped-out sportscars. And I will always love them, especially as they are not DD for me. You know, I was seriously thinking about getting a Caterham some years ago, so nothing comes close to the kind of "comfort" that car offers. Smiley

Now, after some experience with the Performante, I can only report good things. Sound is fantastic and if it gets too loud or you have to be quiet (city or nighttime), you just switch to Strada. Stiffness of the chassis is nothing I would complain about, I was expecting that and don't think it's too stiff. And the seats are firm, but I like them and feel quite comfy in them (glad I didn't go with the sport buckets though).

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Gnil:
    Whoopsy:
    I am lying if I say I am not disappointed.

I had wanted to get both, the 935 and the GT2RS Clubsport. That would have been the perfect scenario.

But the truth is, I had always wanted the GT2RS Clubsport since I saw it last May at Weissach, I told Walliser I want one. So in a way, I am actually satisfied. Weird isn't it. The 935 was just a surprise at Rennsport.

I didn't think about having both the GT2RS and GT2RS Clubsport scenario last May as I was lusting over the Clubsport, and they are only making 200, so I didn't quite think I would get one.

The Clubsport is also to die for .... There was one on display at my dealer for about two month . What a machine ! You are lucky !

1557812514982IMG_6207.jpg

1557812523517IMG_6194.jpg

1557812531312IMG_6202.jpg

Lucky yes. This will be the rarest car I have. With governments doing more and more to harm driving cars, cars with this kind of performance can only truly be enjoyed on a track. And my focus has shifted to non-street legal cars. 

SRO launched a race series for the car, first one will be Spa 24hrs. Too bad I can't make it. Trying to find a way to keep the car in Europe so I perhaps can participate in the series somehow.

This beast is a lot faster than a Cup car, I will need to practice more in it. 

--

Rossi:
    RC:
    Kobalt:

Don't forget that you buy these cars without test driving them. Some people probably just realize that the car is not for them.

You have a point here. Like Rossi...he bought the Performante without ever test-driving it. Not even a regular Huracan (as far as I know). Insane. I was so scared that he will show up at my door immediately after pickup and kill me. Smiley Smiley Just yesterday, while driving with my son, I realized that you need to love a lot of noise in a car to appreciate a car like the Performante. Also the chassis is very stiff in Corsa mode, seats feel less comfortable when in Corsa mode, also because the seat cushion seems to be thin.

Well, you're right about the Performante/Huracán (wanted to testdrive it, but the first dealer screwed it and then the time frame for ordering one was closing fast). But I have some experience with mid-engined sportscars, wide and low sportscars, loud sportscars and stripped-out sportscars. And I will always love them, especially as they are not DD for me. You know, I was seriously thinking about getting a Caterham some years ago, so nothing comes close to the kind of "comfort" that car offers. Smiley

I was still worried... Smiley You know now why. Smiley

Now, after some experience with the Performante, I can only report good things. Sound is fantastic and if it gets too loud or you have to be quiet (city or nighttime), you just switch to Strada. Stiffness of the chassis is nothing I would complain about, I was expecting that and don't think it's too stiff. And the seats are firm, but I like them and feel quite comfy in them (glad I didn't go with the sport buckets though).

Wait until you get to be over 50... Smiley I love the stiffness but when I get out of the car after a longer drive, I (almost) can't feel my left leg anymore. Smiley Smiley 

Wonderful car, keeps you young. Smiley 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Whoopsy:

Trying to find a way to keep the car in Europe so I perhaps can participate in the series somehow.

You want me to check for garage for you in Nürburg?

RC:
    Rossi:

Wait until you get to be over 50... Smiley I love the stiffness but when I get out of the car after a longer drive, I (almost) can't feel my left leg anymore. Smiley Smiley 

But unlike in some older Ferrari, you can find a good driving position, which is most important. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    RC:
    Rossi:

But unlike in some older Ferrari, you can find a good driving position, which is most important. Smiley

Yep...perfect driving position. Also, the break feel is similar to Porsche PCCB (my R8 had the same brake system but it felt differently Smiley), firm and very precise. Now back to the GT2 RS before we make GT2 RS owners jealous. Smiley

--

Well you couldnt drive up to the Nordschleife and simply go for some Turistenfahrten with the Clubsport anymore..;)

--

997 GT3 clubsport | 991 GT2 RS

rantanplan:

Well you couldnt drive up to the Nordschleife and simply go for some Turistenfahrten with the Clubsport anymore..;)

Question is: Does he really want to drive with the "crazy guys" (Touristenfahrten)? Smiley 

--

thats true! Just saying it will be a different story getting the CS to the track then the normal one..;)

--

997 GT3 clubsport | 991 GT2 RS

Kobalt:
    Whoopsy:

Trying to find a way to keep the car in Europe so I perhaps can participate in the series somehow.

You want me to check for garage for you in Nürburg?

Parking it somewhere is not actually a problem, I could always turn to Manthey. 

The problem is that my car will be a North America allocation and HAS to leave Europe, it can't stay there long. I was told it was for tax purposes.

Maybe I could asked to pay for the European VAT in order to keep the car in Europe longer. Switzerland comes to mind.......or Luxembourg.................

--

Whoopsy:

The problem is that my car will be a North America allocation and HAS to leave Europe, it can't stay there long. I was told it was for tax purposes.

Maybe I could asked to pay for the European VAT in order to keep the car in Europe longer. Switzerland comes to mind.......or Luxembourg.................

you will need to do homologation process...you need an address there at least and patience.Smiley if it is the 2RS CS, no plate no drama. easy.Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    Whoopsy:

you will need to do homologation process...you need an address there at least and patience.Smiley if it is the 2RS CS, no plate no drama. easy.Smiley

It is the race car I am talking about. 

I am not keeping the car in Europe long term, but just longer than they let me just so I can perhaps run a season of racing there. Paying VAT on the car will be cheaper than shipping the car back and forth many times just to race. Hence I am thinking of where would the cheapest VAT country is. 

--

Well, guess you’re not coming here (Sweden).....

Whoopsy:
    the-missile:
    Whoopsy:

It is the race car I am talking about. 

I am not keeping the car in Europe long term, but just longer than they let me just so I can perhaps run a season of racing there. Paying VAT on the car will be cheaper than shipping the car back and forth many times just to race. Hence I am thinking of where would the cheapest VAT country is. 

less than 6 months, no VAT...better deal but you need to get the car on time for the season. cheapest within EU is Andorra (<5%)...then Switzerland (8 or 9%Smiley) then Luxembourg. Cleanest within the dirty is luxembourg Smiley (17%)

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

Sweden is perfect - we love your money (25%).

Switzerland 7.7%

But you might have to pay as well some import duties 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

I looked at a map and I still can't find Andorra..... 

Trouble is, SRO only just finalized the class for Spa 24, that's it, they don't have the rest of the schedule so I don't have a timeline on how long the car will be in Europe.

Ever since my province jacked up the car sales tax to 25%, keeping a car in Europe and pay the EU VAT is much more attractive than bringing the car back. So even paying the Germans seems attractive enough.

It was at 12%, then 15%, then back to 12% and back up to 15%. 15% is reasonable, but 25% is plainly stupid.

--

Just finished Xpel PPF along with their Nano ceramic window tint. Mag white gold wheels are on next week. However, I won't get a chance to get a hold of the car till June 20 as I'm traveling intensively this month & next! surprise

aa0566fa-35ec-4ebf-8ed1-f96aac57eb42.jpgIMG_2816.jpg508a38fc-c96e-4673-b083-e6cb36bd5eb0.jpg08dfb777-005d-4b25-8251-c175d794b1b9.jpg

Gnil:

Switzerland 7.7%

Duties are 4%ish, but then there’s the CO2 penalties.. they would likely be 30k or more.

--

2015 911 GT3, 1964 Type 1

DaveGordon:
    Gnil:

Switzerland 7.7%

Duties are 4%ish, but then there’s the CO2 penalties.. they would likely be 30k or more.

they even charge penalties on racecar? Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

That looks phenomenal. Smiley

--

991 Carrera Black Edition, XC90 Black\Black - 2 kids, 1 dog

ha:

Just finished Xpel PPF along with their Nano ceramic window tint. Mag white gold wheels are on next week. However, I won't get a chance to get a hold of the car till June 20 as I'm traveling intensively this month & next! surprise

08dfb777-005d-4b25-8251-c175d794b1b9.jpg

Looking fantastic Ha. Let me know if you one day takes it to Dubai Autodrome or Yas.

UAE team is growing, would be nice to meet after boiling summer smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

Ithe-missile:
    they even charge penalties on racecar? Smiley

Ah yeah, forgot it is not road legal. Not sure then.

--

2015 911 GT3, 1964 Type 1

ha:

aa0566fa-35ec-4ebf-8ed1-f96aac57eb42.jpgIMG_2816.jpg508a38fc-c96e-4673-b083-e6cb36bd5eb0.jpg08dfb777-005d-4b25-8251-c175d794b1b9.jpg

Ha,

Are you going to run the car hard? If so, Sun suggests you keep your factory Alus on - much better if you hit potholes at speed!  Save the Mags in the garage!Smiley

The Xpel and ceramic is nice - the bugs just rinse off!

DaveGordon:
    Gnil:

Switzerland 7.7%

So that's about 12-13% tax and duties and the car will be 'taxed' in Europe and 'legal' to stay there Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688764 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408794 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255568 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234821 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65411 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857659 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773533 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM