Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide - Europe - Germany Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Special Lease offers for Panamera GTS and Turbo models (Germany only)

For our German users: Not sure if someone is interested but Porsche Germany seems to have some special lease offers in place right now, mostly for the GTS, Turbo and Turbo S models and (I think) even better ones for the Sport Turismo. 

My dealer for example offers a brand-new Turbo S, pretty much fully loaded and in Chalk Grey for 2480 EUR a month, VAT included, no initial payment. 36 months and 10k km per year. Everything is negotiable I guess though. For Porsche leasing, this is a good offer. Business leases are even a tad cheaper I heard.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Re: Special Lease offers for Panamera GTS and Turbo models (Germany only)

Can’t help but thinking the Taycan pre orders and the ramps up in Tesla sedan sales  in Europe could be starting to bite hard, as predicted...

SciFrog:

Can’t help but thinking the Taycan pre orders and the ramps up in Tesla sedan sales  in Europe could be starting to bite hard, as predicted...

Just checked the official data for the German car market: Tesla is nearly unchanged Jan-Apr (despite Model 3 launch). There must be other reasons as Model S and Model X in Germany seem to sell in declining numbers.

Tesla sedans include S but also 3 sales IMHO... And if you think people do not cross shop Panamera and Model 3, well think again angry especially in Europe.

SciFrog:

Tesla sedans include S but also 3 sales IMHO... And if you think people do not cross shop Panamera and Model 3, well think again angry especially in Europe.

Really? A Model 3 is half the price of a Panamera. Not the same group of buyers... And in Germany even less, with the Autobahn network etc.

That is EXACTLY my point. Who doesn’t like a good deal? You can get a super cool performance Model 3 which is a “green” car and revered by some of the German community while not compromising on performance and confort, for half the price! Plus it is smaller and fits European cities better...

SciFrog:

That is EXACTLY my point. Who doesn’t like a good deal? You can get a super cool performance Model 3 which is a “green” car and revered by some of the German community while not compromising on performance and confort, for half the price! Plus it is smaller and fits European cities better...

Tesla isn't exactly considered to be cool over here in Germany, especially not in sports car circles... Smiley Smiley 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Well there is the sport car circle which this forum is the epitome, then there is the rest vast majority of people... A base Panamera is not a sporty car...

SciFrog:

Well there is the sport car circle which this forum is the epitome, then there is the rest vast majority of people... A base Panamera is not a sporty car...

Of course not but a GTS or a Turbo, Turbo S?

Many sports car drivers I know don't hate Tesla or whatever, they just think that Tesla doesn't (yet) make the cars they want right now. For me, I've said it before, a Tesla is a gadget on four wheels and in a positive way. I like Tesla, I would get one if I didn't have to care too much about money but if I had to choose between a Tesla S P100D and a Panamera GTS for similar money, I would get the Panamera.

--

For a car that's not sporty, luxurious, fast, well made or practical, Tesla sure seems to pop up a lot around hereangry

SciFrog:

For the US your logic could even make sense. But in Germany even a base Panamera is much (!) faster on longer distances than any Tesla. Also, the range issue gets massive if you travel at higher average speeds.

waiting for PDK:

For a car that's not sporty, luxurious, fast, well made or practical, Tesla sure seems to pop up a lot around hereangry

Funny how Tesla has managed to find 250,000 stupid people to buy one of their car, including several people here, while shaking the entire industry worldwide Smiley

But back to the main point, the Panamera is being cornered from many angles and will have to fight harder and harder to justify its massively inflated price, starting with the Taycan.

SciFrog:
    waiting for PDK:

Funny how Tesla has managed to find 250,000 stupid people to buy one of their car, including several people here, while shaking the entire industry worldwide Smiley

But back to the main point, the Panamera is being cornered from many angles and will have to fight harder and harder to justify its massively inflated price, starting with the Taycan.

I'm not tempted in buying a Taycan, but I'm super pumped on getting a Tesla. 

Why - because the Taycan is just another Porsche. If I go that route I probably buy a Panamera Sport Tourismo or a Cayenne. But the Model X is so special and different in many aspects. Just to name that insane windshield which I fancy since Opel brought a car with such a screen many years back. Then those doors - just cool. And those amazing IT-Integration! And last not least its autonomous driving skills. Tesla is the number one in that. Since I own my Volvo I hardly drive faster than 135 (that's until autonomous works). I'm super relaxed not even being any time slower at my destination. Tesla goes a huge step further with self-driving and I definitely will never buy a car again without that skills.

SciFrog:
    waiting for PDK:

The greatest threats the Porsche Panamera are the Mercedes-Benz E63S and S63 as well as the BMW M5.  I know of a couple of individuals that cross-shopped the Panamera with the BMW and went home with a new BMW M5 Competition.  This will be repeated once the new Audi RS7 is introduced in the next six months.  

Most of the Tesla owners I know want to make a political statement through a hot, trendy bauble, and that is a dangerous segment of the market to target as they are fickle, moving on to the next new thing.  This is especially true of the Model 3 purchasers as many are moving upmarket from lesser vehicles.  

In terms of statistics, Illinois' legislature is reviewing a new bill to dramatically increase EV registration fees to compensate for the lack of tax revenue generated from fuel sales.  Last year less than 6,500 EVs were registered in the state, bringing the total to 15,000.  In contrast, overall, there are 10.6 million registered vehicles in the Illinois with 616,104 vehicles being registered last year.  EVs represent a minuscule fraction of the overall market.  Other states exhibit even worse numerous.  

I know nobody will believe me (my son is a witness) but I say it anyway: Got a thumbs up from a Tesla driver last weekend on my way from Stuttgart back home with my Performante. OK, the guy was relatively young (in his 30s and with a reversed baseball cap on his head), so maybe an exception but still... 

As to the Panamera Turbo S Sport Turismo: We were in Stuttgart to meet with some friends and there was one Panamera Turbo S as well. Let me put it this way: Right now, I have to run in my Performante and I cannot exceed 6000 rpm or use full throttle. Even so, I haven't encountered any car on the Autobahn to outrun me. When we drove for a short time on the Autobahn, the Panamera Turbo S drove easily away. OK, maybe a stupid example but still impressive for such a car.

My son loved it when the Panamera Turbo S switched to Sport Plus mode at a stop light and the car went down, it looked pretty impressive from the Performante behind it. 

DSC09061.jpg

--

@RC

... what a pity that a lease factor of about 1,2 from Porsche is called special lease  .... at the moment Aston Martin has a special lease with Vantage V8 .. their lease factor is 0,75 (!!!) ... this is what I call a special lease offer !

I really don't want to know what Porsche is calling for the Taycan lease .... I guess 1,6 to 1,7 .... for the Turbo this means nearly 3000 EUR mail

Cheers 

--

-----------------------------------

BMW i8 * RRS 

Sidney:

@RC

... what a pity that a lease factor of about 1,2 from Porsche is called special lease  .... at the moment Aston Martin has a special lease with Vantage V8 .. their lease factor is 0,75 (!!!) ... this is what I call a special lease offer !

I really don't want to know what Porsche is calling for the Taycan lease .... I guess 1,6 to 1,7 .... for the Turbo this means nearly 3000 EUR mail

Cheers 

--

-----------------------------------

BMW i8 * RRS 

Yep...not the best offers I'm afraid but for them, this is actually a steal. 😉 Sometimes they have some really nice short term (18 months) deals but they come and go. Same goes to longer term deals. 😩

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690221 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409575 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255892 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235132 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65618 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858300 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774514 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM