Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

In love with an Italian girl…

Dear Rennteamers,

Some of you may remember my (very) old thread about my Zuffenhausen beauty, which I took home quite some time ago. Smiley

Well, it was about time for a new love (though still in love with the German girl), this time again from Italy. And as RC threatened me to hurry (so that he won’t be first Smiley), I'm proud to present you my new Italian love:

1556368250389IMG_20190330_124352.jpg

Ups, sorry, rather shy beneath her black dress, but here she is:

IMG_20190330_133003_s.jpg

And just look at her rear...

1556368740203IMG_20190330_132941_s.jpg

She’s got nice shoes as well…

IMG_5474.jpg

So some may ask why no Ferrari, but a bull? Well, the answer is easy, but it’s a rather long story.

My last experience with the prancing horse dates back to the 458, which was technically a brilliant car, engine and gear box were fabulous at that time, but it was intolerable when it came to build quality. Beginning with the exterior and a paint “quality”, that didn’t deserve this term, crooked carpets, trim that fell off during the first drive (no joke here!), twisted rubber seals and, and, and. Smiley
    In fact it was that bad, that my longing for a Ferrari was saturated for quite some time. It was saturated for so long, that I forgot about the Speciale, which also looked a bit too overdone to me at the time, with all its wings and holes and winglets.

Interest in the prancing horse came back with the Speciale Aperta, which I was determined to get, after my dealer shed quite some hope that I could get one. The Speciale A offered all I wanted, a high-revving naturally aspirated V8 as well as some “specialness” that cars like the 458 or 488 never achieve and I also grew accustomed to its look over the years. Actually I could do without a limitation and exploding prices, since I want to drive my cars and don’t want to be afraid of damage, theft or things like this. But you can't have it all, can you? Smiley

Well, it came as it had to be expected, I didn’t get one. And I was rather upset that “my” dealer obviously played some games after telling me for twelve (!) long months that that there would be decent a chance to get the car. Smiley

The last nail to the coffin with the prancing horse came when I enquired – after some cooling from the Speciale A disaster – about the chances to get the successor of the Speciale. Note that this was long, long time before anything was known about the car, no name, no specs, no nothing.
    The answer of the dealer the best way to get this car – the coupé, not a potentially limited edition Spider – was to order a 488, a 488 Spider or a California, all cars I had – and have – zero interest in. Sorry, but I want to decide which car I buy and I have neither time, nor the desire to play silly games. Now, that the Pista has been presented, I’m actually glad I did not participate in the Ferrari-dealer-game, as the car, though sure fast and a great evolution of the 488 concept, strangely enough still leaves me stone-cold. Smiley

And as time went by, it came as it had to come, Lamborghini presented the incredible Performante. This car had all I ever dreamed of but never dared to think of. In fact I always liked the design of the Huracán better than that of its rival(s) from Ferrari. For me the bull always had the better, more coherent design. And the small Lamborghini still has a NA-engine, is more compact, more aggressively looking, better sounding, has more cylinders, more capacity, more everything. And the Performante has all taken this to the max. Smiley

So I took the plunge and bought a Huracán Performante. In the end I had to hurry, as the time frame for ordering one was closing fast. As RC can confirm, “last order” was end of November and the possibility to order a car after your fancy got worse with every day rapidly.

The biggest question was the exterior paint. This car deserves a somewhat flashy colour, so I ruled out all shades of black and grey from the beginning. White was in consideration, as I like the black and white theme with the Style Package and the forged carbon, but I really wanted some colour for this car. At the same time I didn’t want her to come in some of the “typical” Lamborghini colours like orange or green, as I think these colours are already a bit too common on a Performante. Furthermore IMO you can’t do bright red (though it is a classic Lamborghini colour!). But I definitively wanted some kind of red on the car as I figured it would look great with black accents of forged carbon and the golden-bronze shine of the engine and the fantastic Narvi rims. So originally I was planning to order some kind of dark red metallic with a hint of blue, some historic colours like Rosso Granata crossed my mind. But as I said, time for “Ad Personam” colours was quicker over than you could think of.

And then there was this wonderful Performante at the dealer, which caught my eye, painted in a beautiful Viola Ophelia. Well, I didn’t hesitate too long and made the deal. And now I have a car in some kind of dark red metallic with quite a big hint of blue. Smiley

Interior is just as I would have configured it as well, black with white stitching and accents. The white is perfect, as it breaks up the dark inside, yet there isn’t an additional colour on an already quite colourful car.

1556369037742IMG_2804.JPG

I swapped the shiny black Narvi rims against their siblings in matt bronze, which are a must for me on a Performante. In real life the purple together with the black and bronze just looks absolutely terrific. Smiley

IMG_5473.jpg

Well, the rest is history. I took her home four weeks ago and am now a proud owner of my first (!) Lamborghini. I’m still running the car in, but I can already tell you that this car is magic. It combines the soul and the emotion of an Italian sportscar with the quality and the perfection of a Porsche. Smiley

I ordered her blindly, even without doing a testdrive (remember it was winter, when the chance to order a Performante was running out), now I know I did right.

In this context I would like to thank especially two people here from Rennteam, because without them I most probably would not have taken the plunge.

First to mention is Iain.
    Thank you so much Iain for encouraging me to go for the Huracán. You were of invaluable help when it came to make up my mind as well when configuring the car. For me Iain is one of, if not the one here at Rennteam with the most immaculate taste when it comes to configuring a car and getting the details right. Thank you Iain. Smiley

And there is RC.
    As you might think, we two had A LOT to discuss over the last couple of weeks and months and I think we both benefited from each other. I would like to thank Christian especially for making the contact to the dealer, as his dealer is now my (new) dealer as well. And of course for those numerous PM, telling me I made the right decision. Thank you Christian. Smiley

And before this gets too long and I talk too much, I will close with one last pic of my Italian girl in all her glory in the bright sun light: Smiley

IMG_20190330_163149_s.jpg

All the best,
    Rossi Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Re: In love with an Italian girl…

Wow - what an amazing color! Many congrats, this looks sensational SmileySmileySmiley

Congratulations - she is a beauty! 

--

Tesla Model S P100D & Model X P90D & 2016 BMW i8 & 2017 Sept 991.2 GT3 ordered. 2020 Porsche Mission E on order

wow incredible. Take care of her.

angelkiss fantastic color. 

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

Many congrats! wink

Brave to order one without testing one first but you made the right call, these type of cars won't be made for much longer I'm afraid, actually can't think of any left from any maker, and that engine is a keeper.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Just wow ! Congrats to this incredible car.  wink 

Does your wife know? 😱😂

It was a pleasure "annoying" you all the time with my encouraging PMs! 😊

Congrats again, Stefan and I'm glad you finally dropped the bomb because I really don't know how much longer I could have kept this "secret". 😊

Please post more pictures!!! 😉

I really thought you are crazy ordering a car you never drove and I have to admit that I was very worried after you picked it up, worried that you would show up at my place, yelling at me and telling me what an idiot I was to talk you into this. Not everyone likes the "raw" character of the Performante, incl. the noise level. So glad you enjoy your car, can't wait to get mine and to finally unveil that "secret" surprise (regarding my car) you and my dealer are keeping from me. 😩

Enjoy in good health, looking forward to a photo session of both our cars one next to each other. 👍

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (May 2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Beautiful car! Perfect for a Starbucks run😂

BTW, I agree with you about Iain. He has impeccable taste and style. kiss

--

There is nothing stronger than gentleness.

Fantastic Stefan! Congratulations on your italian beauty! I can imagine you must be walking over to the garage multiple times a day just to check if you're not dreaming :-)

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Another beautiful Lamborghini.  Congratulations! 

A bold move, congrats!

Congratulations on your new love affair Smiley she’s a real beauty and I really love the extrovert colour, makes her look even more amazing Smiley Smiley

--

Porsche Boxster 981 GTS Carrara white / VW Golf GTI 5dr DSG Tornado Red

What a surprise kiss It is beautiful ! I would of not thought about that color, but , as you say, the bronze and the black goes so well together . And if Ian that given the ok, then we know all the configuration is perfect blush

I am sure it is even better in real life. Enjoy it !!! And yes, please more photos once the car is run in with RC's one . 

Last thing ........ drop the hopping horse we have now seen for the last 10 years ( at least ) on your avatar indecision

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

kisskisskiss

--

The bronze wheels are the ones to pick for this car, it's the signature wheel. IMO.

Many congrats Rossi kiss

--

2018 White 911 GT3

Congratulations! You kept that quiet 🤫 

Congrats.. Beautiful colorkiss

gorgeous car and kudos on the colour….surely not an easy choice to make nut it looks magnificient

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Wow! this one really stand out and it looks spectacular in that color. Thanks for sharing! Congrats and enjoy kiss

What a spec, looks truly brilliant. It's such a beautiful car, and even more so with this color. Well done, and congratulations!

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

Woooowwwwww.....what a car...and what a cool color...love it.....

--

993 c2

xander71:

Woooowwwwww.....what a car...and what a cool color...love it.....

The color looks even more amazing live...very special. 👍

If I'd had the money by October last year, I would have bought this car myself.

Also, what Rossi hasn't mentioned: I think we both got an amazing deal for the Performante. 😉

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (May 2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

‘Ma che bella!’

in the flesh it must looks like the madonna have come to earth again...wow....compliment guys 

--

993 c2

Gorgeous car Rossi

Congrats  kiss

Rossi:

Dear Rennteamers,

Some of you may remember my (very) old thread about my Zuffenhausen beauty, which I took home quite some time ago. Smiley

Well, it was about time for a new love (though still in love with the German girl), this time again from Italy. And as RC threatened me to hurry (so that he won’t be first Smiley), I'm proud to present you my new Italian love:

1556368250389IMG_20190330_124352.jpg

Ups, sorry, rather shy beneath her black dress, but here she is:

IMG_20190330_133003_s.jpg

And just look at her rear...

1556368740203IMG_20190330_132941_s.jpg

She’s got nice shoes as well…

IMG_5474.jpg

So some may ask why no Ferrari, but a bull? Well, the answer is easy, but it’s a rather long story.

My last experience with the prancing horse dates back to the 458, which was technically a brilliant car, engine and gear box were fabulous at that time, but it was intolerable when it came to build quality. Beginning with the exterior and a paint “quality”, that didn’t deserve this term, crooked carpets, trim that fell off during the first drive (no joke here!), twisted rubber seals and, and, and. Smiley
    In fact it was that bad, that my longing for a Ferrari was saturated for quite some time. It was saturated for so long, that I forgot about the Speciale, which also looked a bit too overdone to me at the time, with all its wings and holes and winglets.

Interest in the prancing horse came back with the Speciale Aperta, which I was determined to get, after my dealer shed quite some hope that I could get one. The Speciale A offered all I wanted, a high-revving naturally aspirated V8 as well as some “specialness” that cars like the 458 or 488 never achieve and I also grew accustomed to its look over the years. Actually I could do without a limitation and exploding prices, since I want to drive my cars and don’t want to be afraid of damage, theft or things like this. But you can't have it all, can you? Smiley

Well, it came as it had to be expected, I didn’t get one. And I was rather upset that “my” dealer obviously played some games after telling me for twelve (!) long months that that there would be decent a chance to get the car. Smiley

The last nail to the coffin with the prancing horse came when I enquired – after some cooling from the Speciale A disaster – about the chances to get the successor of the Speciale. Note that this was long, long time before anything was known about the car, no name, no specs, no nothing.
    The answer of the dealer the best way to get this car – the coupé, not a potentially limited edition Spider – was to order a 488, a 488 Spider or a California, all cars I had – and have – zero interest in. Sorry, but I want to decide which car I buy and I have neither time, nor the desire to play silly games. Now, that the Pista has been presented, I’m actually glad I did not participate in the Ferrari-dealer-game, as the car, though sure fast and a great evolution of the 488 concept, strangely enough still leaves me stone-cold. Smiley

And as time went by, it came as it had to come, Lamborghini presented the incredible Performante. This car had all I ever dreamed of but never dared to think of. In fact I always liked the design of the Huracán better than that of its rival(s) from Ferrari. For me the bull always had the better, more coherent design. And the small Lamborghini still has a NA-engine, is more compact, more aggressively looking, better sounding, has more cylinders, more capacity, more everything. And the Performante has all taken this to the max. Smiley

So I took the plunge and bought a Huracán Performante. In the end I had to hurry, as the time frame for ordering one was closing fast. As RC can confirm, “last order” was end of November and the possibility to order a car after your fancy got worse with every day rapidly.

The biggest question was the exterior paint. This car deserves a somewhat flashy colour, so I ruled out all shades of black and grey from the beginning. White was in consideration, as I like the black and white theme with the Style Package and the forged carbon, but I really wanted some colour for this car. At the same time I didn’t want her to come in some of the “typical” Lamborghini colours like orange or green, as I think these colours are already a bit too common on a Performante. Furthermore IMO you can’t do bright red (though it is a classic Lamborghini colour!). But I definitively wanted some kind of red on the car as I figured it would look great with black accents of forged carbon and the golden-bronze shine of the engine and the fantastic Narvi rims. So originally I was planning to order some kind of dark red metallic with a hint of blue, some historic colours like Rosso Granata crossed my mind. But as I said, time for “Ad Personam” colours was quicker over than you could think of.

And then there was this wonderful Performante at the dealer, which caught my eye, painted in a beautiful Viola Ophelia. Well, I didn’t hesitate too long and made the deal. And now I have a car in some kind of dark red metallic with quite a big hint of blue. Smiley

Interior is just as I would have configured it as well, black with white stitching and accents. The white is perfect, as it breaks up the dark inside, yet there isn’t an additional colour on an already quite colourful car.

1556369037742IMG_2804.JPG

I swapped the shiny black Narvi rims against their siblings in matt bronze, which are a must for me on a Performante. In real life the purple together with the black and bronze just looks absolutely terrific. Smiley

IMG_5473.jpg

Well, the rest is history. I took her home four weeks ago and am now a proud owner of my first (!) Lamborghini. I’m still running the car in, but I can already tell you that this car is magic. It combines the soul and the emotion of an Italian sportscar with the quality and the perfection of a Porsche. Smiley

I ordered her blindly, even without doing a testdrive (remember it was winter, when the chance to order a Performante was running out), now I know I did right.

In this context I would like to thank especially two people here from Rennteam, because without them I most probably would not have taken the plunge.

First to mention is Iain.
    Thank you so much Iain for encouraging me to go for the Huracán. You were of invaluable help when it came to make up my mind as well when configuring the car. For me Iain is one of, if not the one here at Rennteam with the most immaculate taste when it comes to configuring a car and getting the details right. Thank you Iain. Smiley

And there is RC.
    As you might think, we two had A LOT to discuss over the last couple of weeks and months and I think we both benefited from each other. I would like to thank Christian especially for making the contact to the dealer, as his dealer is now my (new) dealer as well. And of course for those numerous PM, telling me I made the right decision. Thank you Christian. Smiley

And before this gets too long and I talk too much, I will close with one last pic of my Italian girl in all her glory in the bright sun light: Smiley

IMG_20190330_163149_s.jpg

All the best,
    Rossi Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

Congratulation!

Beautiful car. Enjoy every minute with the car. Take care.

--

AM

Congratulations ! Stunning color

Thank you all for your kind words. cool

I can tell you the whole car just feels fantastic and the sound is epic. angel

Will post some more driving expressions the more I learn about this machine.

@Carlos: Exactly my thoughts. Not many (new) cars around that deliver this kind of (aural) excitement. May be a keeper for me.

@Nick: It‘s a pity I‘m nowhere near La Jolla, green and purple could meet at the local Starbucks. wink

@Gnil: I will try to change my avatar ASAP (it turned ten years old in November). smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691096 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410197 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256244 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235423 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65750 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4746 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858844 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775142 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM