Crown

Board: Porsche - Taycan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Tesla Roadster

Whoopsy:
    SciFrog:

FYI Panasonic officially denied the story...

FCA should buy Tesla, or someone else. But the way capital market works these days, it would be more likely that Tesla buys FCA since they can raise money Smiley

No sane person will be buying Tesla at their current valuation. The buy out price for Tesla is like half their current valuation and with a 100% premium.

Latest news is that they now discontinued online sales of their base model. This all seems a bit like joke to me...

MKSGR:
    Whoopsy:
    SciFrog:

FCA should buy Tesla, or someone else. But the way capital market works these days, it would be more likely that Tesla buys FCA since they can raise money Smiley

No sane person will be buying Tesla at their current valuation. The buy out price for Tesla is like half their current valuation and with a 100% premium.

Latest news is that they now discontinued online sales of their base model. This all seems a bit like joke to me...

must be losing money on that trim.

Supposed to have the battery cost down with the expansion of the Giga factory, which now stopped.

MKSGR:
    Whoopsy:
    SciFrog:

Coming from Tesla nothing surprises me, there is no plan or experience, they are just improvising as they go along with any idea that pops into their head... 35k$ will come soon... no it won't.. ok now its finally here.. ok sorry not anymore we are taking it off the website now... we severely cut prices! ... soon after, ok never mind, forget those price cuts... now we are closing our dealers for pure online model which is the future... few days after OK take that back we changed our minds again...

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Tesla has amazing products and I honestly think that ELVs can be a smarter way for mass transportation, but Elon should stop drinking too much of his own poison

https://electrek.co/2019/04/12/tesla-vehicles-appreciating-assets-self-driving-elon-musk/

Carlos from Spain:
    MKSGR:
    Whoopsy:
    SciFrog:

Coming from Tesla nothing surprises me, there is no plan or experience, they are just improvising as they go along with any idea that pops into their head... 35k$ will come soon... no it won't.. ok now its finally here.. ok sorry not anymore we are taking it off the website now... we severely cut prices! ... soon after, ok never mind, forget those price cuts... now we are closing our dealers for pure online model which is the future... few days after OK take that back we changed our minds again...

It gets much better than this!  One is able to order the SR variant of the Model 3, as an off-the-menu item, only at a Tesla store.  However, and here is the real interesting part, it is a software decontented version of the SR+, meaning all the features are built into the car but deactivated through its software.  Therefore the car has all the costs associated with a higher priced model at a lower price.  The brilliance of this company and its executive management is staggering.  

schmoell:

Tesla has amazing products and I honestly think that ELVs can be a smarter way for mass transportation, but Elon should stop drinking too much of his own poison

https://electrek.co/2019/04/12/tesla-vehicles-appreciating-assets-self-driving-elon-musk/

If this is an elaborate ruse by the CEO to try to avoid writing down the value of used stock on balance sheet (e.g. following recent price cuts) or to mitigate the size of liabilities from resale value guarantees, that might present a serious issue for the auditors... Smiley

It will be interesting to see what is disclosed in the 2019 Q1 results on 24 April... Smiley

1555100781530image.jpeg

Boxster Coupe GTS:
    schmoell:

If this is an elaborate ruse by the CEO to try to avoid writing down the value of used stock on balance sheet (e.g. following recent price cuts) or to mitigate the size of liabilities from resale value guarantees, that might present a serious issue for the auditors... Smiley

It will be interesting to see what is disclosed in the 2019 Q1 results on 24 April... Smiley

1555100781530image.jpeg

Just like his infamous $420 Tweet, the company has provided no details of the funding mechanism for the Model 3 leases.  

On a similar Tesla-related vein, Sandy Munro of Munro Associates was the guest on Autoline After-hours this past Thursday.  I finally had time to watch part of the video.  Munro has changed his tune from when he first appeared on the show about the Model 3.  He actually said that the FBI was contacted because of threats he and the company received from the Tesla Cultists.  He now allegedly likes the car and thinks Tesla is the pinnacle of technology in the auto industry.  However, I still perceive his conversion to ulterior motives and financial incentives.  He found that the more he talks up the Model 3, the more copies of his company's reports he sells to the numerous Chinese automakers!

Hmm, what kind of parents would name their son Sandy??? A clear and unconfuseable girls name

--

Whoopsy:

Hmm, what kind of parents would name their son Sandy??? A clear and unconfuseable girls name

Clearly you never watched Flipper. 

Leawood911:
    Whoopsy:

What kind of parent would call name their kid Flipper?!? Smiley

Smiley

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Joost:
    Leawood911:
    Whoopsy:

Smiley

I bet you did that on porpoise.  

CGX car nut:
    Joost:
    Leawood911:
    Whoopsy:

Smiley

I bet you did that on porpoise.  

Unconfusably so

Whoopsy:

I believe the most famous "Sandy" in the world is actually a man. Sandy Koufax...

Hmm, my hottest ex girlfriend is called Sandy. And she is a real girl.......

--

One is sure that amongst certain circles, the same is expressed about Sandy Munro too.

Whoopsy:

Hmm, my hottest ex girlfriend is called Sandy. And she is a real girl.......

I hope your wife is not reading this. 

Lol I just got divorced in Feb 

--

Whoopsy:

Really? Oh man, that sucks! Wishing you strength mate! Hope all is well with you and your kids. Take care!

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Joost:
    Whoopsy:

Really? Oh man, that sucks! Wishing you strength mate! Hope all is well with you and your kids. Take care!

Lol does it look like I am sad? I am having the best time of my life here in Germany with the GT2RS smiley

--

Fantastic, life is short make the most of it kiss

Whoopsy, regarding your comments on Autopilot, when did you last use it and how much have you used it?

From my little experience so far, it is quite advanced, but not ready for prime time of full auto driving.

But it is by far the most confidence inspiring vs the adaptative cruise control found in Porsche, Cadillac, RR and Mini (first hand experience). The screen that shows all the cars around you is genius.

SciFrog:

From my little experience so far, it is quite advanced, but not ready for prime time of full auto driving.

But it is by far the most confidence inspiring vs the adaptative cruise control found in Porsche, Cadillac, RR and Mini (first hand experience). The screen that shows all the cars around you is genius.

Isn‘t that a problem? Many drivers might not have such a realistic view as you put out here and rely on the so called „Auto Pilot“. Fatal accidents have resulted from this. That‘s why I feel the marketing terminology is a problem.

The behavior of AP in my Model S changes significantly with major updates (as one would expect). The last version was likely designed to kill me and as such did emergency brakes (the community calls them "phantom brakes") on the autobahn at 160 kpa.  It also got really confused when driving though construction zones because it can't distinguish the white and yellow markings. Previous versions behaved better and for those I agree, that it was more advanced then the ones from competitors. My car is now on 2019.12, we'll see how this goes.  

schmoell:

The behavior of AP in my Model S changes significantly with major updates (as one would expect). The last version was likely designed to kill me and as such did emergency brakes (the community calls them "phantom brakes") on the autobahn at 160 kpa.  It also got really confused when driving though construction zones because it can't distinguish the white and yellow markings. Previous versions behaved better and for those I agree, that it was more advanced then the ones from competitors. My car is now on 2019.12, we'll see how this goes.  

You mean the latest update is worse than the older software?

I have the latest version for some days now and have not tried AP extensively. I was referring to the version before that which made AP worse (for me). Other than that, this latest software is really nice and adds quite some useful features, like  Ludicrous+ :).
    There is a lot more to say about the versions Tesla pushes out. I've written some of my observations  in different posts. To summarize, it is not black or white, but some shade(s) of gray,

IMG_3881.jpeg

MKSGR:
    schmoell:

You mean the latest update is worse than the older software?

Yes, but it is not the latest anymore.

Once-hailed 'Tesla Killer' Audi e-tron slows down production to just 6 hrs/day

https://apple.news/AB_g5pzBYQpqBFvDC5rH4zg

MKSGR:
    SciFrog:

Isn‘t that a problem? Many drivers might not have such a realistic view as you put out here and rely on the so called „Auto Pilot“. Fatal accidents have resulted from this. That‘s why I feel the marketing terminology is a problem.

You cannot use the current software without human intervention at intervals. There are also plenty of warnings when you use the system. Again, what the short sellers and doomsayers write is not the real and exact truth but their version of it.

as long as i have tried the auto pilot , it is just to use on the highways with a lot of traffic, there it is perfect, on normal roads not yet, and it depends on the roads of course, in Italy not to use on secondary roads..to many scooters..motorbiker..etc..

--

993 c2

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690345 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409654 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255923 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235165 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65635 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4654 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858335 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774583 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM