Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Bentley GT

Don’t think so, it was due to emissions tests they said....

The farmer:

Sooooo, after only 730 km the car is back in the shop and in the hands of the mechanics. Somewhere between 105-120 kph there is a whining sound from the right side, like the window isn’t closed  properly. This is very disturbing in a Bentley, to say the least. Even more disturbing is the fact that Bentley in Crewe has a mechanics plan for this problem I.e they knew about this problem. Where the f... is their quality control and  why did they send it to me before making sure this was ok???

Then the lid for the fuel cap isn’t properly fit and some more small electrical details is making me very worried......heart

For me, this is just NOT Bentley and they really need to shape up!mail

I’m off to the alps for some skiing and I’ve given Bentley one week to sort this shit out. And even if they do, I’ll be very unbritish direct with the guys in Crewe next time I talk to them. No shit like “are you quite sure.....), rather some Viking bashing.... 

But.... the organization here in Sweden seems to work fine. Direct response and two mechanics for my car next week, so that’s goodkiss

Dude, you bought a BENTLEY!!! What else did you expect?

--

Whoopsy:
    The farmer:

Sooooo, after only 730 km the car is back in the shop and in the hands of the mechanics. Somewhere between 105-120 kph there is a whining sound from the right side, like the window isn’t closed  properly. This is very disturbing in a Bentley, to say the least. Even more disturbing is the fact that Bentley in Crewe has a mechanics plan for this problem I.e they knew about this problem. Where the f... is their quality control and  why did they send it to me before making sure this was ok???

Then the lid for the fuel cap isn’t properly fit and some more small electrical details is making me very worried......heart

I’m off to the alps for some skiing and I’ve given Bentley one week to sort this shit out. And even if they do, I’ll be very unbritish direct with the guys in Crewe next time I talk to them. No shit like “are you quite sure.....), rather some Viking bashing.... 

But.... the organization here in Sweden seems to work fine. Direct response and two mechanics for my car next week, so that’s goodkiss

Surprised to hear this - I would have thought with VW backing Bentley quality would be top-notch. I really love their products (admittedly not having owned or sadly likely to own one) but always spend time on their stand at Goodwood Festival of Speed where they demonstrate the craftsmanship with leather and wood!

--

Porsche Boxster 981 GTS Carrara white / VW Golf GTI 5dr DSG Tornado Red

dreamcar:
    Whoopsy:
    The farmer:

Surprised to hear this - I would have thought with VW backing Bentley quality would be top-notch. I really love their products (admittedly not having owned or sadly likely to own one) but always spend time on their stand at Goodwood Festival of Speed where they demonstrate the craftsmanship with leather and wood!

--

Hehe the old cliche, it's built by the British that's why Smiley

--

However, the body is fabricated by Porsche in Leipzig.  

Whoopsy:
    dreamcar:
    Whoopsy:
    The farmer:

--

Hehe the old cliche, it's built by the British that's why Smiley

I suppose I asked for that........Smiley Smiley

--

The farmer:

More than likely very few owners would complain about the issue. You're a car guy and sensitive to any unusual noises. Bentley probably will regret selling you the car.Smiley

--

There is nothing stronger than gentleness.

I have a whining sound as well...when my E63 S hits 290-300 kph (speedo)...no kidding.

Mercedes isn't able to replicate the issue because none of the mechanics was able or willing to reach the needed speed. 🙄 I managed to hit close to 300 with my mechanic (I was driving, we were lucky, not much traffic) and guess what...no whining noise. 😱

Now we're back to square one. The whining disappears the moment the car hits Vmax (309 kph on the speedo). Really weird. 😟

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:

I have a whining sound as well...when my E63 S hits 290-300 kph (speedo)...no kidding.

Are you sure it isn’t your passengers? Smiley

--

Odd and very frustrating when you can't replicate a fault - do they believe you? Is it me? Can I replicate the exact steps? I HATED the problem I had with my first 991 - really made me mad. 2nd one has been fine (except it still smells of dog food) but I recently found out that the problem I had was a "known" fault with the first gen batteries the 991 used (apparently). yes

--

991 Carrera Black Edition, XC90 Black\Black - 2 kids, 1 dog

dreamcar:
    RC:

Smiley No, my passengers usually sleep at that speed... Smiley

I had a similar sound on my Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT, it was a misaligned plastic cover of the front fender, the wind somehow produces this noise, very annoying.

It is always difficult to get rid of noises, especially when they don't appear when you drive with your mechanic. Smiley Sometimes I'm afraid they think I'm nuts but I usually don't care about noises, just when they get annoying (and that whining is annoying as hell).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (May 2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

dreamcar:
    RC:

Maybe with some type of “coolant leak”?

mcdelaug:
    dreamcar:
    RC:

Nah, my passengers are usually housebroken... Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (May 2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

mcdelaug:
    dreamcar:
    RC:

Smiley Smiley

--

RC:

Mercedes isn't able to replicate the issue because none of the mechanics was able or willing to reach the needed speed. 🙄 I managed to hit close to 300 with my mechanic (I was driving, we were lucky, not much traffic) and guess what...no whining noise. 😱

Now we're back to square one. The whining disappears the moment the car hits Vmax (309 kph on the speedo). Really weird. 😟

Same happened to my colleague's Lusso, the vents start to 'whistle' and blow air at >320km/h. We mentioned it during maintenance and when we picked up the car the mechanic proudly stated "it doesn't whistle anymore at 120km/h". 

- "No, we meant 320km/h, all is fine at 120km/h". The man didn't know what struck him. Smiley Given the garage is in CH I guess they don't get many customer that stretch the car's legs. 

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

RC:

So RC let me get this straight. You have a weird whistling noise between 290 and 300 kph but it disappears at 310....

Annoying perhaps but even on an autobahn can’t occur that often!!!

First world problem perhaps :)

V8 new Bentley announced...

The V8 is more interesting. Now anybody has the price of these tanks? indecision

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

996FourEss:
    RC:

So RC let me get this straight. You have a weird whistling noise between 290 and 300 kph but it disappears at 310....

Annoying perhaps but even on an autobahn can’t occur that often!!!

First world problem perhaps :)

True...annoying but not really a serious problem. Smiley

My speed range on the Autobahn is usually up to 280 kph, I only very seldom get to drive over 280 kph due to traffic.

Now it is only 240 kph due to winter tires (oh boy, the speed limiter is so crappy on the E63, it basically instantly cuts off power when you hit 240 kph, it is much better and smoother on the C63 S).

--

Loving my 2016 W12 Mulliner GT, great GT specially for trips to other Emirates on our straight as an arrow 12 lane Sheikh Zayed Expressway. And has a great grunt when I feel like hitting it. Cabin is super plush and I don't know how many cows had to give their skins for my car to bathed in classic 'cricket red' upholstery. Sound system is fantastic, everything is great, but....

There is a crazy little rattle somewhere in the car. Its got 9000 kms on it and feels new. But I hate the Rattle, it is soooo annnoyyying. I can't figure out for the life of me what the source is yes

Sorry I had to rant, but where else can we rant except on the forum heart

Thanks for listening, I feel better now, hopefully it will go away as mysteriously as it appeared 

UUpsa:

There is a crazy little rattle somewhere in the car. Its got 9000 kms on it and feels new. But I hate the Rattle, it is soooo annnoyyying. I can't figure out for the life of me what the source is yes

Sorry I had to rant, but where else can we rant except on the forum heart

Thanks for listening, I feel better now, hopefully it will go away as mysteriously as it appeared 

Maybe also coin in the ashtray???Smiley

This was driving me nuts in my GT3 for 3 weeks....Smiley

Blueflame

I removed all the coins & charger etc, everything that wasn't a part of the car. Nada, still going nuts trying to figure it out.

Maybe I'll take it for a full wash & see how it behaves after a spa treatment yes

I think there's something loose inside the headrest of my seat, or maybe there's a screw loose in my head 

Upsa:

I removed all the coins & charger etc, everything that wasn't a part of the car. Nada, still going nuts trying to figure it out.

Maybe I'll take it for a full wash & see how it behaves after a spa treatment yes

I think there's something loose inside the headrest of my seat, or maybe there's a screw loose in my head 

Welcome to the Rennteam family...each and everyone here has a loose screw in his head but this shouldn't make any weird noises. Smiley Smiley

--

New Bentley (W12) vs (sub-1000 mile) 2017 GTC4 Lusso.. same price. Appreciate your input.

JAMS:

New Bentley (W12) vs (sub-1000 mile) 2017 GTC4 Lusso.. same price. Appreciate your input.

How much are you planning on driving it? Anything more than moderate mileage and I would pick the Bentley. Quite honestly as much as much as I like the Lusso, the new Bentley is pretty close to the perfect vehicle for me at the moment. Fast, stately, wonderful interior, handsome exterior. Perfect car to spend hours in. 

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

~5000 miles a year.

JAMS:

~5000 miles a year.

I really couldn't choose... Add the DBS Superleggera to the equation and I'm lost.

Why I wouldn't go for the Conti GT yet is because you know there's a Speed coming soon, or a sporty V8 model, or... The range is too young at the moment.

My colleague has a Lusso and it is fabulous, the engine is brilliant and it's remarkably sporty for such a big GT. But it is Italian, so has some quirks here and there. Fit/Finish not on Conti level, etc... 

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

Thank you for that. I understand the issue of Italian 'quirks'... my wife is from Treviso! angry

JAMS:

Thank you for that. I understand the issue of Italian 'quirks'... my wife is from Treviso! angry

Bear in mind that GT’s rear space is tiny versus the Lusso which seats 4 adults in comfort.

Currently, I would go with the Lusso, just because of the gorgeous V12!  I think you cannot go wrong with either choice.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    782059 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442896 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263517 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261945 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    86010 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6026 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881691 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819793 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM