Crown

Board: Porsche - Taycan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Tesla Roadster

Funny enough just got an email!

The wrong center took over the delivery, now back the correct one, they want to deliver it in 4 hours directly to my place, of course I will still be in meetings till much later... the saga continues wink

And it would seems easier to tell the dealer I am picking up my car on whatever day and you guys prepare and wait for my arrival, not the other way around.

I am paying them, they should be the one waiting for me.

--

Really like how the Tesla business model for vehicle delivery literally turns the conventional model on its head.  I've seen  vehicle transporters taking cars in the middle of winter for delivery without a bit of vehicle inspection and preparation.  Perhaps it is just me, but I baulk at paying a hundred thousand dollars for a car that is delivered like a package of trinkets from Amazon.  

The delivery of my sister's Model 3 was similarly drawn out.

• she told the dealer she wanted to change the spec of her car from awd to rwd; they said don't worry, Tesla will take care of the change
    • an awd car just showed up suddenly; Tesla forgot to make the change to rwd; ordered her a new car
    • another awd car showed up; Tesla still hadn't made the change; Tesla offered to give her "free maintenance"; pass
    • a rwd car shows up, with 200 miles on the odometer, IN THE WRONG CITY; apparently, Tesla dealer parked tens of cars outside and they were all towed by the city; requiring employees to drive them; pass this is a used car now
    • finally, a Telsa agrees to deliver her a NEW rwd car to her home.

This took a few months.

Oh, and then on Jan. 1, 5 weeks after she took delivery, prices were lowered.

Tesla Model 3 hack shows new cars can snitch on owners after a wreck

https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/29/18287519/tesla-model-3-hack-security-automobile-car-data-privacy

When they accessed the car’s computer, they found unencrypted data from “at least 17 different devices,” according to the report. (The car had been owned by a construction company and presumably used by multiple employees.) That included 11 driver or passenger phonebooks, with numbers, email addresses, and calendar entries intact. The researchers also gained access to the last 73 locations that had been plugged into the car’s navigation system.

In addition, the car’s computer still contained footage from one of the Model 3’s seven cameras. This included the forward-facing view of the wreck that totaled the car, as well as a clip of a previous crash that was less serious.

One of the researchers told CNBC that he found similar data from other Tesla vehicles, too, including a Tesla Model S, Model X, and two other Model 3s. “Given how technically sophisticated Teslas are, I’m really surprised to learn that they would handle data so carelessly,” Ashkan Soltani, a security researcher and former chief technologist for the FTC, said in an email to The Verge.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Very informative and insightful !! 

Many thanks for this  N

So they delivered it at the exact place and exact time that suited me (it was late, much later than a dealer is open).

The guy could not have been nicer and helpful, and did not try to rush despite the late time. I tried to gave him a big tip and he tried to refuse!

The car is flawless (so far) except for one panel gap that is not that bad. The cream interior with light color wood and light headliner is stunning and feels very luxury, nothing to envy German cars except for the top of the line. Very little plastic exposed, a benefit of the minimalist interior. The infotainment is a decade beyond anything on the market. It feel more snappy that the ones I tried in showrooms before. Everything is very intuitive, almost Apple like. The paint job seems as good as Porsche, the car was perfectly prepped despite the quarter end rush.

I had the explanation about the delivery back and forth: the other delivery center mistakenly took over the delivery of the car. It took them a couple of days to revert it.

I did not drive that car yet.

Overall, my level of satisfaction is very high about the whole process from deposit to delivery, which took exactly one month, on my part I answered one phone call and 3 emails and that’s it, never had to go anywhere like a dealer, resulting in hours of time saved. Amazing.

SciFrog:

So they delivered it at the exact place and exact time that suited me (it was late, much later than a dealer is open).

The guy could not have been nicer and helpful, and did not try to rush despite the late time. I tried to gave him a big tip and he tried to refuse!

The car is flawless (so far) except for one panel gap that is not that bad. The cream interior with light color wood and light headliner is stunning and feels very luxury, nothing to envy German cars except for the top of the line. Very little plastic exposed, a benefit of the minimalist interior. The infotainment is a decade beyond anything on the market. It feel more snappy that the ones I tried in showrooms before. Everything is very intuitive, almost Apple like. The paint job seems as good as Porsche, the car was perfectly prepped despite the quarter end rush.

I had the explanation about the delivery back and forth: the other delivery center mistakenly took over the delivery of the car. It took them a couple of days to revert it.

I did not drive that car yet.

Overall, my level of satisfaction is very high about the whole process from deposit to delivery, which took exactly one month, on my part I answered one phone call and 3 emails and that’s it, never had to go anywhere like a dealer, resulting in hours of time saved. Amazing.

Good for you but where is our level of satisfaction? Smiley We want pictures, dude...lots of them. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (May 2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

I have not been this excited for a car in almost a decade, the iPhone app loaded up the car automatically and there was a software update overnight that the app reported to install properly. The app even has the right color for the car!

More detail about the payment, I did an echeck on their website, it took under a minute, saving a trip to the bank for a bank check that other dealers usually require. The car came with plates and all docs, and rebate forms pre-filled up to file.

I have a few bad pics but on the phone, will upload later.

The steering wheel is leather, the guy said they have not found a material to replace that yet. The car came almost charged, it says 274 miles range. 22” wheels came with Pirelli Scorpion which I am told are not all season tires, which is a bummer if true. The car comes with a streaming service built in, I won’t need to stream my phone through Bluetooth anymore.

Overall, it feels like a $100k vehicle inside and out. Last real pice of the puzzle is how is the drive feel. I except to be very disappointed vs the Macan turbo (it is much heavier and larger anyway), but the real test is how much worse than the RRS supercharged?

First pic if the panel gap, fender/bumper front left. I might eventually ask them to try to improve it at an eventual service, or will just leave it, we will see. Please note the pics are at night under artificial light in an underground parking, in real life it is quite striking. I am mixed on the black wheels, but it was a request from my wife, happy wife happy life. At least they are matte, not shinny, and the only color available for 22” vs 20”.302FB1C5-12CA-4831-99CE-4C0BD75B9D78.jpeg
    8249319A-2E95-4679-B7CF-8C72A8B11FD4.jpeg
    D3FF6A7E-F73B-480F-AF31-8A40DCBB3386.jpeg
    72649590-0907-4D22-A7CE-C1E59F3EF751.jpeg
    8750B71C-1007-4C31-AFD4-DDB346FD9E59.jpeg

I'm may have a different personal opinion on these cars but that doesn't mean it is not nice to see you so excited about one, I really hope you love it and enjoy reading your impressions scifrog wink

--

Thank you Carlos, it’s all good, you know I come here to reading learn different opinions than mine wink

So my daughter said: “finally a car that belongs to the 21st century”. My son only cares for yellow Lamborghini with doors that open up angry.

SciFrog:

So my daughter said: “finally a car that belongs to the 21st century”. My son only cares for yellow Lamborghini with doors that open up angry.

if we learn something here in Rennteam is that you can never please everybody indecision

--

SciFrog:

Thank you Carlos, it’s all good, you know I come here to reading learn different opinions than mine wink

Smiley Congrats, nice color/combo choice, love the red exterior with black rims, looks sporty. 

Regarding your son: My kids would share his opinion, even if the doors don't always open up (my kids love the Huracan, Aventador and Urus almost equally). 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (May 2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Carlos from Spain:
    SciFrog:

if we learn something here in Rennteam is that you can never please everybody indecision

Tell me about it: Remember my wife saying she thinks white is OK for my Performante and she doesn't want anything flashy, like that green I wanted but couldn't get anymore? Well...my wife saw the Performante of my "wrap guy", it is wrapped looking like a fighter jet (matte chrome wrap, printed as if it is a fighter jet with all the bells and whistles, look at the picture but much better made), looks really well made but not really my thing and she immediately told me to get a crazy wrap for my car. 

At first I thought my wife is joking but she was serious. She looked at the various wrap colors and everything, it gave me a serious headache. Now she is all over me to get a wrap for my car but I think I will resist. Smiley Smiley

--

And another satisfied Tesla customer smiley

--

Whoopsy:

And another satisfied Tesla customer smiley

Smiley

--

Took it for a quick spin with the family. Wife: “it is bluffing, I did not expect it to be so nice inside”.

Kids loved the gullying doors.

Drive (city only, under 35mph) was uneventful, but very quiet and confortable. Car feels a bit heavy at the wheel. The screen is not distracting at all, on the contrary. I did not realize that there are buttons on the door to open the windows, I thought they were gone... clearly after this, every car on the market feels antiquated.

SciFrog:

Took it for a quick spin with the family. Wife: “it is bluffing, I did not expect it to be so nice inside”.

Drive (city only, under 35mph) was uneventful, but very quiet and confortable. Car feels a bit heavy at the wheel. The screen is not distracting at all, on the contrary. I did not realize that there are buttons on the door to open the windows, I thought they were gone... clearly after this, every car on the market feels antiquated.

Of course...because you are driving a gadget, not a car. Smiley

--

RC:
    SciFrog:

Of course...because you are driving a gadget, not a car

The gadget slam sounds like the ‘her tits are too big’ complaint again. 

Well no need for another car, already 5 others in the garage... Might as well be a gadget, and a pretty cool one nonetheless. Can’t wait to try some autopilot on the highway next week before heading to the Caribbean for Easter...

Another point, now that I tried the infotainment, they don’t need Apple... They are already there...

Leawood911:
    RC:
    SciFrog:

Of course...because you are driving a gadget, not a car

The gadget slam sounds like the ‘her tits are too big’ complaint again. 

It really depends what you enjoy... Smiley I didn't enjoy the Tesla S after a while because it felt like a driving gadget to me. I would certainly own one if I could afford having one next to my other cars but I wouldn't get one as my single car or even family mover. I'd certainly prefer a Urus for example, very emotional SUV.

It is a matter of personal taste and preferences, not everyone I know likes steak. Some eat vegetarian or vegan...good for them if they like it but not my thing. Sorry. Smiley My taste buds just shut down, I taste nothing. Smiley

--

The future isn’t that deterministic.  The first Autocar comparison test between a Model 3 Performance and the new BMW   330 with both having positives and negatives, the largest for BMW being the regulations directed stop-start system found on virtually all ICEs in the EU.  However, the major takeaway is that BMW and the other majors will do the positives of Tesla, i.e., motor smoothness and responsiveness, better than Tesla as their fleet converts to EV.  https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/features/saloon-showdown-2019-tesla-model-3-vs-new-bmw-3-series

The exterior color is great especially with the black wheels. But why the white interior?

--

There is nothing stronger than gentleness.

It is not white, it is cream (beige) and is really matching well with the car. I HATE black interiors and none of my cars have full back interior.

SciFrog:

It is not white, it is cream (beige) and is really matching well with the car. I HATE black interiors and none of my cars have full back interior.

White or cream that doesn't matter. It will look khaki within weeks. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    SciFrog:

White or cream that doesn't matter. It will look khaki within weeks. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

I wear jeans most of the time, a light interior would not stay that way for long. Smiley Smiley

--

Congratulations on the purchase kiss The red with the black rims  suit the X , even if makes it stand out quite a bit . 

I have driven the X a few times . Always enjoy the ride . As you say, it is not to be taken as a proper car . Just a useful and enjoyable people transporter . 

And the acceleration is crazy . It is more impressing from 0 to 60 km/h , them in my RS . Puts a smile on your face  in cities , which can't be done with a thermic engine . 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Gnil:

Congratulations on the purchase kiss The red with the black rims  suit the X , even if makes it stand out quite a bit . 

I have driven the X a few times . Always enjoy the ride . As you say, it is not to be taken as a proper car . Just a useful and enjoyable people transporter . 

And the acceleration is crazy . It is more impressing from 0 to 60 km/h , them in my RS . Puts a smile on your face  in cities , which can't be done with a thermic engine . 

Believe it or not but I really like scifrog's X, the color combo (I hope he sticks to the black wheels) is perfect, very well configured. I also like that ginormous display in the middle, always did and the software seems to be fast, the GUI is visually pleasing, even if a little bit of a visual overload for some people (not for me). As a commuter from A to B with a gadget fun factory, this is a great vehicle but I just couldn't live with it if it were my only car.

--

Congrats - looking forward to reading how it really is to live with. 

--

991 Carrera Black Edition, XC90 Black\Black - 2 kids, 1 dog

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    782349 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442969 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263535 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261998 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    86059 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6047 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881745 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    820074 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM