Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 992 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car

nberry:
    RC:

Nick, I tracked my cars for over 25 years...I just don't see the point anymore to be every weekend on the track. I would never call someone who doesn't track his car a poseur but I would call those poseurs who get such cars only to make some bullshit donuts and red light "drag racing" during car meets. Smiley Last year's cars and coffee meet was full of such people, it just is pathetic and embarrassing, throwing a shady light on all those who enjoy driving these cars. Revving at the stop light like a nut job...poseur. Driving in first gear at 6000 or more rpm in a 30 kph zone downtown, just to show off to the cafe crowd sitting at tables along the street...poseur. Flippers aren't poseurs, they are even worse, they don't care at all about these cars. Poseurs at least drive the cars, even if they give drivers of such cars often a bad reputation.

Christian, as I have. Going around in circles trying to gain a second while abusing the car no longer appeals to me. The poseur moniker is used to express anger by those unable to get the car they want.Smiley

Asking for respect for not tracking an "RS" by ridiculing those who do is not going to get you far Nick.

Also, I wasn't refering to you when I was talking about poseurs (Christian described well what poseurs were). Not tracking an RS doesn't make you a poseur, not to me at leastl and would never call you a poseur for that. Even  though it was made for tracking I believe you can still enjoy it on mountain roads, twisties and such.

FWIW I've never been interested in getting a GT car since it does not meet my needs (if I could have a second 911 I would) but my anger towards poseurs is that they both, give a bad image to sportscars in general, and prevent others like Leawood and Dave from getting one.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:
    Asking for respect for not tracking an "RS" by ridiculing those who do is not going to get you far Nick.

He did? I guess I missed something. Smiley This is plain wrong! What is wrong with having some fun on the track? Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (May 2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

The base Carrera

https://www.motor.es/noticias/porsche-911-carrera-4-992-filtrado-201955813.html

400hp?

RC:
    Carlos from Spain:

He did? I guess I missed something. Smiley This is plain wrong! What is wrong with having some fun on the track? Smiley

I was just referring to the comment of going around in circles abusing the car and other previous comments about tracking. The truth is in the middle of the two extremes, tracking is not the only way to enjoy a sportscar but tracking is a lot of fun and very instructive.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Wonderbar:

Whoopsy,  does this take cost savings, or other financial factors into account?

There wasn't explanation as to the how, but 2018 saw the introduction of the new Cayenne which carries a jacked up MSRP compared to the last generation. And also the bulk of the GT2RS, the highest priced 911, were sold in 2018.

Macan sales is pretty much flat, so is Panamera. 

The increased in basically came from higher average selling price of a 911 and the new Cayenne. 

Net profit only grew by 4%. So there was't much cost saving measures in effect.

--

Carlos from Spain:
    RC:
    Carlos from Spain:

I was just referring to the comment of going around in circles abusing the car and other previous comments about tracking. The truth is in the middle of the two extremes, tracking is not the only way to enjoy a sportscar but tracking is a lot of fun and very instructive.

Carlos, don't be disingenuous. SmileySmiley

--

There is nothing stronger than gentleness.

Don’t worry Nberry, like you said: he’s probably just jealous. 

We all are Smiley

--

997.2 4S / BMW X5 40e / Donkervoort GT 

Yup - especially of the green GT3RS...…(I wasn't even able to get a lowly GT3 - did I mention that??) 

--

991 Carrera Black Edition, XC90 Black\Black - 2 kids, 1 dog

Poseur is the typical guy coming to the track day, enter the garage, revvs the car during 5 min, go out on the parking lot, rev the car again and start to do drag race on the parking... and park the car. smiley

I have the pictures of our last event, I need better internet connection and will open a thread for it. full of poseurs, 3 hours of track time - 90 cars attending not even half on the track...

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:

Poseur is the typical guy coming to the track day, enter the garage, revvs the car during 5 min, go out on the parking lot, rev the car again and start to do drag race on the parking... and park the car. smiley

I have the pictures of our last event, I need better internet connection and will open a thread for it. full of poseurs, 3 hours of track time - 90 cars attending not even half on the track...

Well, you do not understand ... those guys have certainly issues with their cars, that is why they test their cars... Smiley

Opening a "track thread" would be a good idea, though my possible contributions / days on track will only start in July... kiss

@the-missile: ...by the way, I had my last track experience recently on March 12th...TRAINYAS ... Smiley

the-missile:

Smiley Why would people do that? Just to be there? 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (May 2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:

Smiley Why would people do that? Just to be there? 

Poseurs come, make noise, burn some tyres occasionnaly, attract attention and park and talk about their car. they will post pictures on social media and then leave. Exhausting track day.

that is the way it works when you are a professional poser Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

Netflix has a fun documentation about "Gentlemen Drivers". In one scene they sit at a table and discuss why they are driving in circles and spend tons of money for it. They agree, that it is because it's one of the rare occasions, that they don't think about business, stuff that needs to be done, problems that need to be fixed etc. From my limited experience it is exactly like that and it is not about squeezing a second here or there. Just my 2ct

schmoell:

Netflix has a fun documentation about "Gentlemen Drivers". In one scene they sit at a table and discuss why they are driving in circles and spend tons of money for it. They agree, that it is because it's one of the rare occasions, that they don't think about business, stuff that needs to be done, problems that need to be fixed etc. From my limited experience it is exactly like that and it is not about squeezing a second here or there. Just my 2ct

I'm all in on that. It's a great way to get away from it all. But the car does take a beating because no matter how much you want to stay within yourself there always the itch/want to do better (human nature). Smiley

Try golf; it'll take your mind off a lot of things. Smiley

--

Porsche 992 preview events being held at Official Porsche Centres in the UK...

1553633442137image.jpeg

Smiley

nberry:
    schmoell:

I'm all in on that. It's a great way to get away from it all. But the car does take a beating because no matter how much you want to stay within yourself there always the itch/want to do better (human nature). Smiley

Try golf; it'll take your mind off a lot of things. Smiley

I tried golf, I sucked in it and was constantly stressed out by better players impatiently waiting behind........

At least at the track, better drivers can pass the slower ones.

As they say, there are two things one can be really bad at and still love to do.....sex and golfsmiley

--

nberry:

As they say, there are two things one can be really bad at and still love to do.....sex and golfsmiley

Smiley

tried golf once and had back pain for a week. Will stay with the other occupations for now Smiley

Golf is the hardest game to play and most frustrating thing ever.

I used to have a very volatile and bad temper, and it gets really bad playing when playing golf.

But then I realized the more angry I am the worse I play. I learned to check my temperament at the door and suck it up the nI realize the more angry I get the worse I play. The anger clouded my judgement on course.

It's a great life lesson, temperament affects judgement. Now I know when and how to control my temper. All thanks to golf.

--

Whoopsy:

Golf is the hardest game to play and most frustrating thing ever.

I used to have a very volatile and bad temper, and it gets really bad playing when playing golf.

But then I realized the more angry I am the worse I play. I learned to check my temperament at the door and suck it up the nI realize the more angry I get the worse I play. The anger clouded my judgement on course.

It's a great life lesson, temperament affects judgement. Now I know when and how to control my temper. All thanks to golf.

I agree. Also, golf  strips the veneer off any person playing it. The true character and personality will surface.Smiley

--

nberry:

I agree. Also, golf  strips the veneer off any person playing it. The true character and personality will surface.Smiley

Maybe that's why a particular (nameless) head of state is said to cheat endlessly at golf Smiley

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Porsche 992 in red... 

1553721773776image.jpeg

1553721786030image.jpeg

Smiley

Grant:
    nberry:

Maybe that's why a particular (nameless) head of state is said to cheat endlessly at golf Smiley

Well...remember what they said about Reagan? Smiley Ask my former religion teacher, he knew best. Smiley Smiley

--

Great write up. Thank you 

--

Tesla Model S P100D & Model X P90D & 2016 BMW i8 & 2017 Sept 991.2 GT3 ordered. 2020 Porsche Mission E on order

Another rumor: 992 Turbo and GT3 available 2020 already. Maybe Targa too. 

--

Heard the same rumour: Turbo and Turbo S in spring 2020, Targa and Cayenne GTS in summer.

GT3 in fall of the same year...

Why the hurry? 

Upcoming problems with future emission standards? 

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:

Why the hurry? 

Upcoming problems with future emission standards? 

Possible...

Facelifts get a (mild) hybrid... Smiley Also smaller headlights. Smiley Smiley

--

C5C6EB1D-BDAA-4611-BEB3-10AA6ED89DD7.jpeg
    69E37FDA-973D-48DC-BF7E-2EA4E803691D.jpeg
    BE5447D2-F705-422B-8226-063193C3CA35.jpeg

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/16/24 3:13 PM
    watt
    754945 1797
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431454 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258847 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255832 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79836 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5262 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868848 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802801 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM