Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: The moment I've been waiting for...

What a fun trip. Feel like I was there and saved the  money.  Thanks!!

Pilot:

It is very early morning here in Sydney on Friday, March 1st :) My family and I are enjoying breakfast for the last time before heading to the airport and we are savoring every moment. We really enjoyed our stay at Four Seasons Sydney and can only recommend it to anyone that visits this beautiful city.

I recall the breakfast there being particularly good , and  accompanied by a great Flat White as pretty much always in Australia.

Flying the Kangaroo

I'm still recovering from the change in time ;) Our flight back with Qantas was quick. Thankfully this time we had no turbulence at all and the seat belt sign was switched on for departure and arrival only. Unfortunately we didn't get much sleep (but we got plenty of snacks) and we were all very tired after landing.

The photo above is still from Sydney just before boarding while the wing shot is from our arrival (right base leg of the traffic pattern for runway 24R) at sunrise in Los Angeles. It was cool descending through the marine layer to find all the approach and runway lights blinking up at us.

After dropping us off the QANTAS Kangaroo hopped off to new places and new adventures. Hopefully we can catch a ride again sometime soon. kiss

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS  blush

The view from our suite...

Our Four Seasons suite on the 31st floor had an amazing view, day and night. My daughter took these shots with her iPhone SE. She likes getting creative with photography so the photo above is intentionally out of focus. Other than that they are pretty much identical.

--

The first pizza on the menu devil

The Coat of Arms pizza featuring kangaroo on one half and emu on the other was recommended to us a few years ago by a super friendly Four Seasons restaurant manager. Ever since then we always get it when we are in Sydney.

If you're ever near the Hotel Australia definitely try one. We were very lucky that for us it was just a short walk from our hotel so we could easily stroll over for a tasty afternoon treat.

--

crayphile:
    Pilot:

It is very early morning here in Sydney on Friday, March 1st :) My family and I are enjoying breakfast for the last time before heading to the airport and we are savoring every moment. We really enjoyed our stay at Four Seasons Sydney and can only recommend it to anyone that visits this beautiful city.

I recall the breakfast there being particularly good , and  accompanied by a great Flat White as pretty much always in Australia.

It is particularly good indeed, maybe that's why it seems to be a preferred place for business people to have breakfast before heading to the office. I particularly like their wide selection of fresh fruits and pastries and yes the coffee is outstanding too.

--

Leawood911:

What a fun trip. Feel like I was there and saved the  money.  Thanks!!

You are welcome, I'm glad to hear that! By the way, I enjoy your posts and inputs in other threads very much! Smiley

--

Enmanuel:

So glad to hear you and your family had another great trip. and thanks for sharing it with us !! This thread makes me want to visit Australia. 

It is an amazing place! We love the British/European influence and the warmth and kindness we experienced. The food is totally in line with my taste and the Australian spirit is very present. You would love the pizza I just posted. My daughter took those shots as soon as the pizza hit the table.

--

Pilot:

The view from our suite...

Our Four Seasons suite on the 31st floor had an amazing view, day and night. My daughter took these shots with her iPhone SE. She likes getting creative with photography so the photo above is intentionally out of focus. Other than that they are pretty much identical.

--

I have had the same view as your first photo from a bar a few floors up in the same building - though on that occasions(s) there was no blurry camera effect involved   Smiley

You are the best ambassador for Australia . Lovely to read your vacation and see the always superb photos . 

I have not made it to down under , but eventually will . I'll keep some of your suggestions ...... like the pizza but without that extra white cream ( ? ) they add on top . Less is more sometimes ;-)

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Gnil:

You are the best ambassador for Australia . Lovely to read your vacation and see the always superb photos . 

SmileySmiley 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

It is time to meet Diego ;)

He is in charge of security at Taronga Zoo. smiley  Kidding aside, this Sumatran tiger is a beautiful and majestic big cat.

Walking through the bamboo forest in the Royal Botanic Gardens and hearing the stalks bend and click overhead made our usual stroll that much better. The Gardens really have a relaxing effect, almost like a reset button.

--

Gnil:

I have not made it to down under , but eventually will . I'll keep some of your suggestions ...... like the pizza but without that extra white cream ( ? ) they add on top . Less is more sometimes ;-)

The sauce is a lemon myrtle mayonnaise and adds a nice touch. I guess you'll just have to buy two pizzas when you're there: one with and one without sauce to see which you like more. Smiley

--

RC:
    Gnil:

SmileySmiley 

Thanks! Maybe if you put my name forward to the Australian government they'll make me and my family actual ambassadors and they'll hold a reception for us at Government House (then I'll be able to take photos inside haha) and we can stay in Australia longer-- on "official business" that is...Smiley

--

Saving the best for last...

It was a great pleasure shooting the "Beach Valentine" with Madame-- she never fails to surprise me.

The view above is from the beach house where we stayed and the photo below is just before we started taking the shots in her new bathing suit. smiley The soft morning light combined with a light ocean breeze helped a lot ;) 

I've said it already many times, but it was truly an amazing trip! I wish I could share more with you. Each day was a story in itself and Qantas provided the perfect beginning and ending to what was a very lovely summer vacation in Australia.

--

Fantastic !

Thanks Enmanuel !  wink  

I miss this vacation a lot. Who wouldn't? Meanwhile I'm back to flying, which is still very special to me.

In my spare time I often listen to LAX Tower live ATC feed. It's cool hearing the Qantas flight to Sydney take off and pretending like I'm on my way over there again. indecision

--

Pilot:

Thanks Enmanuel !  wink  

I miss this vacation a lot. Who wouldn't? Meanwhile I'm back to flying, which is still very special to me.

In my spare time I often listen to LAX Tower live ATC feed. It's cool hearing the Qantas flight to Sydney take off and pretending like I'm on my way over there again. indecision

Dude, I live in Bavaria, we basically have five months of winter here, then mixed rainy weather with steamy hot summers (and no, no A/C in most businesses or homes here). You live in California, you basically live in a vacation. Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Autumn day in Sydney today.

36 degrees 😎

DJM48:

Autumn day in Sydney today.

36 degrees 😎

Thank you. Smiley

We have sunny weather today and 8°C right now. Smiley

Below 24°C, I always feel cold but when it starts to have over 20°C here in Bavaria, it is often too steamy and unpleasant, especially in summer time.

You have beautiful women in Australia, so I would definitely move there if I were single Smiley and the weather is nice as well but driving on the wrong side Smiley of the road and those poisonous critters everywhere? I think I still prefer Florida. Smiley

--

RC:

You have beautiful women in Australia, so I would definitely move there if I were single Smiley and the weather is nice as well but driving on the wrong side Smiley of the road and those poisonous critters everywhere? I think I still prefer Florida. Smiley

Not to mention the premium on the cars we like. 

Enmanuel:
    RC:

Not to mention the premium on the cars we like. 

That too... Smiley

When it comes to supercar prices, new and used, Germany is really a paradise worldwide. Especially since you can get some decent discounts as well (with a few exceptions for very high in demand cars). The US comes next (I think) because you can get some very nice used cars at very attractive prices if you know where to look. I also think that the UK has pretty interesting (used) sports car prices, at least this is what I heard from my kids' godfather (he lives in the UK).

I also heard that Dubai has interesting used car prices but I've never been there. 

I often meet with Austrian supercar owners, they need to pay a thing called NOVA. Example (for Austria): My Performante has a MSRP of 273k EUR in Germany, incl. 19% VAT. In Austria, the very same car would cost 89k EUR more. Ouch. Austria isn't really the ideal country to live in if you like such cars. Very expensive.

--

Repost...

This is still one of my all-time favorite shots of my car to date; it was inspired by a video made by Porsche and as you might remember, my daughter took the photo.

I will need to get new tires this spring/summer and will probably go with the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2. Any input/recommendations you guys have is most welcome. I want to get the latest, freshest, and best. kiss

--

I just ordered the cup N2  . Watch out when ordering as there are still plenty of N1 and N0 around. .

but if you want the best of the best , you ll need the Cup R.  I saw it is available. 

--

Gnil:

I just ordered the cup N2  . Watch out when ordering as there are still plenty of N1 and N0 around. .

but if you want the best of the best , you ll need the Cup R.  I saw it is available. 

Thanks Gnil. Unfortunately TireRack.com, which I believe supplies all Porsche dealers in the U.S. (please someone correct me if I'm wrong), shows only the Cup 2 N0 as available for the 2011 997.2 RS :(

Does anyone know if this is the latest information? The Cup R doesn't even show as available for my car. Is this different for Europe?

--

Pilot:
    Gnil:

Thanks Gnil. Unfortunately TireRack.com, which I believe supplies all Porsche dealers in the U.S. (please someone correct me if I'm wrong), shows only the Cup 2 N0 as available for the 2011 997.2 RS :(

Does anyone know if this is the latest information? The Cup R doesn't even show as available for my car. Is this different for Europe?

Checked it out . For the 997 tyre dimensions only N0 are available  , and of course no R Smiley

--

Thanks. I also contacted Michelin directly asking if they plan to make the Cup R available for the 997. Waiting for a reply...

--

You are correct...TireRack does supply Porsche Dealers in the US. TireRack keeps an inventory of tires reserved for the dealers. 

--

2016 Porsche 991 Carrera GTS  Black with AeroKit Cup Package,  2017 Porsche Cayenne Platinum  Purpurite Metallic, New York

Pilot:

Thanks. I also contacted Michelin directly asking if they plan to make the Cup R available for the 997. Waiting for a reply...

the answer will be: LOL...they are not even planning to release the size for the 20'' 991 GT3 which is a huge market.Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

Michelin emailed me back today confirming that the Cup 2 N0 is currently the only option for the 997.2 RS. They also said there are no plans right now to make the Cup R available for the 2011 GT3RS :(

Thanks for also checking, Gnil. Smiley
    --

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690423 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409712 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255936 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235237 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65641 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858373 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774634 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM