Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Lamborghini Huracan and variants

nberry:
    RC:
    Carlos from Spain:

It's is a very personal choice but I would avoid the stripes, unless they come from factory for that model... you have to be very careful to avoid "too much" and it doesn't take much in a Lambo. But like I said, it is all very subjective and personal.

This is why I want to "mimic" the Ad Personam stripes, they come from factory (optional though).

We'll see when the car is actually here, then I can decide. Smiley

Christian, once again advise to cancel the order and order thew EVO in the color you want. Trying to customize an all white car can be tricky and you still won't be satisfied. Your heart is with the green. You won't be sorry. The only downside is waiting a bit longer.

+1

Unless you are Italien , drop the italien stripes on the car . 

If you want stripes , go for either plein black or some that blend in .

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Why don't you put German colors as stripes? It could potentially have other added advantages as well....

The Italian flag at the doors is the trademark of the Performante, I would never get rid of these. That said, I also would not repeat the flag on the hood, too much stripes then for my taste. But we can argue about some other stripes there.

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

nberry:
    RC:
    Carlos from Spain:

It's is a very personal choice but I would avoid the stripes, unless they come from factory for that model... you have to be very careful to avoid "too much" and it doesn't take much in a Lambo. But like I said, it is all very subjective and personal.

This is why I want to "mimic" the Ad Personam stripes, they come from factory (optional though).

We'll see when the car is actually here, then I can decide. Smiley

Christian, once again advise to cancel the order and order thew EVO in the color you want. Trying to customize an all white car can be tricky and you still won't be satisfied. Your heart is with the green. You won't be sorry. The only downside is waiting a bit longer.

Nick, I buy the car for driving, not looking at it. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Upsa:

Why don't you put German colors as stripes? It could potentially have other added advantages as well....

Yeah, my insurance would certainly have a blast with them, if you get my point. Smiley

Why not a red bullseye instead, much more effective. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Gnil:

Unless you are Italien , drop the italien stripes on the car . 

If you want stripes , go for either plein black or some that blend in .

The Performante stripes are part of the Performante design, so are the other Ad Personam stripes available. 

--

RC, what about switching to the gold wheels below?  Would add a lot of visual interest, especially since I think black wheels are kind of ubiquitous.  Plus you don't have to deal with pain in the ass center locks.

vantagesc:

RC, what about switching to the gold wheels below?  Would add a lot of visual interest, especially since I think black wheels are kind of ubiquitous.  Plus you don't have to deal with pain in the ass center locks.

The bronze wheels don't really go well with white, also I like the black/red contrast (rims/calipers). Smiley Also, I love the center lock rims. Smiley

$_57-10.jpg

This is basically how my car is going to look like, just with a more glossy white (Bianco Monocerus).

--

"CEO Stefano Domenicali's five-step plan for Lamborghini" (Autocar)

Stefano Domenicali hit the turf as Ferrari’s F1 team leader. But now he rides again, on the horns of Lamborghini

(9 March 2019)

In a makeshift office at the Bahrain International Circuit, Stefano Domenicali takes a moment to reflect on what for him will be a significant anniversary. “Time is going very fast, but that’s good,” says the ebullient 53-year-old. “If time is going slowly, there’s something wrong.” 

This Middle Eastern circuit’s tree-lined paddock and the nine-storey Sakhir Tower that dominates the local skyline will be more familiar to Domenicali than to any of the travelling press corps or the dozens of visiting support staff. The grand prix track is hosting the media launch of the new Lamborghini Huracán Evo and, in his role as president and CEO of Automobili Lamborghini, Domenicali is here to present his company’s newest supercar to the world’s automotive press. By the end of this month, Domenicali will have held his position for three years. 

The Italian – whose forthcoming and easy-going nature seems to be at odds with the archetype of a hard-nosed, grey-suited automotive industry executive – has been driven through the circuit’s gates many times before, but always while wearing the scarlet red uniform of the Ferrari Formula 1 team. Between the end of 2007 and 2014, he served as its team principal. His memories of this Bahrain circuit from the early years will include dominant one-two race wins in 2008 and 2010, but just as those victories in the desert dried up during the second half of his seven-year stint at the helm of the Scuderia, so too did the world championship titles. In April 2014, Domenicali fell on his sword and announced his resignation – moments before, one imagines, he was shown the door. 

Following a brief spell at Audi, Domenicali was appointed CEO by Lamborghini early in 2016. While history shows Lamborghini’s fortunes soared following his arrival, Domenicali would be the first to point out the framework that underpinned the renaissance had been put in place long before his appointment. Nonetheless, having sold 3245 cars globally in the year before Domenicali first set foot in Sant’Agata, Lamborghini last year posted record annual sales figures, moving 5750 cars. 

So it is no longer the case that the role of president and CEO of Automobili Lamborghini is a palliative one, because although this brand has peered over the edge and into oblivion countless times during its 56-year history, today Lamborghini is alive and kicking. Instead, Domenicali is tasked with expanding sales even further and with introducing new models, making the company he oversees today a thorn in the side of the one he left five years ago. 

What follows is his five-part plan to lead Lamborghini into a bright future – and consequently to tackle his former employer Ferrari head-on.

1. Increase brand awareness

“We saw there was the potential for big growth in terms of global brand awareness of Lamborghini,” Domenicali offers. “In new markets, our heritage has zero value. They don’t know about Lamborghini. Success in new markets is with the younger generation, which is why we must show that we are the coolest, the sportiest and the most dynamic brand.” 

And in traditional markets? “We needed to position our brand in a different way,” he says. “We have to be seen to be less polarising. Before, you either loved Lamborghini or you hated it. Now, you either love it or you don’t like it. But whichever it is, you recognise this is a brand with a very strong identity.”  

Having traded for so long on its reputation for building the wildest and most fearsome supercars on the planet, Lamborghini has tried in recent times to put forward a friendlier public face. In Domenicali’s words, Lamborghini now wants to be a “happy brand”. 

2. Grow sales

Last year, Lamborghini’s global sales leapt up by almost 70%. Were Domenicali a less humble man he might attribute that particular success to his own radiant genius, but he’s quick to point out that a sizeable leap was inevitable following the launch of the Urus super-SUV. This being its first full year on sale, the marque will almost certainly post another record sales year in 2019. 

The sweet spot for the time being, reckons Domenicali, will be 8000 cars sold each year: “That, in my opinion, is the right number for our portfolio and for our markets. If new markets come in, we will need to make an adjustment to that figure, but that is the right number for us to be a solid business right now.” 

That figure will raise eyebrows 15 miles away on Via Abetone Inferiore, because last year was only the third time in Ferrari’s history that global sales exceeded 8000. If what motivates Domenicali in his new role is a vengeful desire to prove his worth to the company that allowed him to leave, he is far too diplomatic to admit it. But it is the case nonetheless that Domenicali might yet be the man to steer Lamborghini’s raging bull to within a nose of Ferrari’s prancing horse. 

“Exclusivity for our customers is very valuable, however,” he says. “We could build a second SUV and grow sales very quickly. If I was a very selfish manager, that is exactly what I would do. But it wouldn’t be right for the brand. It would pay off rapidly in the short term, but in the medium and long term it would be a very big mistake.” 

3. Continue building show-stopping engines

Manufacturers throughout the supercar sector have been moving away from normally aspirated engines and towards turbocharging – Ferrari very much among them. Tightening emissions legislation has all but dictated it. Domenicali knows very well that Lamborghini’s soaring V10 and V12 engines with their tuneful, normally aspirated soundtracks are what sets their cars apart from the rest. Lamborghini will therefore move towards hybrid powertrains for its supercars long before it adopts turbocharging. 

“This is the nature of homologation,” says Domenicali, regretfully. “If I had only to respond to the needs of our customers, the next Aventador would have only a normally aspirated V12 again. But we need to respect legislation. In certain places, you will need electrification to go into the city. That is why the next Aventador will use a normally aspirated V12 but with a hybrid system.” The current model is still selling so well, incidentally, that we shouldn’t expect to see a replacement in the next two years. 

4. Introduce a fourth model line

If sales continue to grow as Domenicali forecasts between now and 2025, his company will then be in a position to introduce a fourth model to complement the entry-level Huracán supercar, the range-topping Aventador and the Urus. “The idea is for a grand tourer, a 2+2,” he says. “That is something we are working on already. This car could help us reach 10,000 sales. “I can see that if we are able to stabilise volumes over the next few years, we can manage a fourth model. But we are not strong or stable enough to invest in a fourth model right now.” 

5. Carry on building cars for people who love driving

“People have been in love with cars for a long time and they want to drive them,” says Domenicali. As the mainstream automotive sector hurries towards an autonomous future and a short-term rental rather than ownership model, Domenicali believes there will be demand for high-end performance cars for a long time yet: “The world is so big, so different. We have to consider if cars are to be used to transport us, or for enjoyment. If you want to enjoy a car, you cannot have it driving itself. There is definitely a future for people like us, for sure, because it is connected to the passion of life. 

“On the future of mobility, the complexity goes beyond cars – it is about an entire ecosystem that has to grow. Good luck with that!”

Never forgetting the past

Will Lamborghini ever revive its famous old nameplates – Miura, Countach and Diablo among them – by building all-new recreations? Domenicali chooses not to answer either way, but he does say that Lamborghini “wants to celebrate the anniversaries of these models in the right way”. 

“We are developing something special to celebrate these models that were very important to the brand,” he continues. We can read that as confirmation that somewhere down the line Lamborghini will unveil very limited-edition, exceedingly expensive models – in the manner of the Sesto Elemento, Veneno and Centenario – in tribute to its more famous cars. But which will be first? The Miura’s 50th anniversary came and went three years ago while the Countach won’t reach that age for another five years. In 2020, however, the Diablo will turn 30 years old… 

Link:  https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/features/ceo-stefano-domenicalis-five-step-plan-lamborghini

Brand-awareness is certainly important for Lamborghini because even now, after cars like the Huracan Performante and the Aventador SVJ (among the fastest and the fastest standard production car(s) on the Nordschleife) and the Urus (sportiest SUV on this planet in my opinion), the brand-awareness is rather mixed, especially with true sports cars lovers but also in the general population.

A friend just told me that he doesn't like the front(!) of the new F8 Tributo too much because it looks like a Lamborghini now. yes Another friend asked why I didn't get a McLaren 720S instead (OK, he isn't really that good of a driver, more the poser type of guy but still...) and my Porsche buddies unisono asked why I didn't get the GT3 RS instead. Funny: Several guys but only one has a GT3 RS. 

Bottom line is: There is still a lot of prejudice going on when it comes to the Lamborghini brand and while younger people ("YouTube" generation) seem to love Lamborghini, it gets worse with older age.

Speaking of the fourth model (I actually thought it is a GT with two doors, not four doors?): A two door GT with enough room in the back for adults and kids is a good idea. It would certainly widen the customer range. a four door GT? Not sure it makes sense, sedans are in a decline worldwide and Lamborghini has the Urus. Speaking of the Urus: Maybe a smaller Urus would make sense? 

The engines used in Lamborghini models are essential to their success. I am curious what Lamborghini has planned for the next Huracan generation (2023?) but if they go the Biturbo V8 route, as rumored so far, this could be a problem. 

--

RC:

The engines used in Lamborghini models are essential to their success. I am curious what Lamborghini has planned for the next Huracan generation (2023?) but if they go the Biturbo V8 route, as rumored so far, this could be a problem. 

Agreed. I have a Lusso T on loan at the moment whilst the Superfast is in for some paint correction. I have to tell you the V8 Turbo in the Urus feels much more free revving and lively than in the Lusso T. Now this may because of gearing and engine mapping differences but its a good sign if that is the direction that Lamborghini is headed.

The real issue for future Lamborghini projects, including engine choices, could actually be...VW Group. 

Lamborghini will have to share tech with Porsche and others in the brand group, won't be easy.

--

RC:

...the brand-awareness is rather mixed, especially with true sports cars lovers but also in the general population..

Yes, well Lambos are flamboyant by design, even more so than other marques like Ferrari.  As such, they attract a certain kind of customer, and project a certain kind of image, regardless of the technical merit of the car.  Just look at the Kanye URUS you found. ;)

I was told that Lamborghini, similar to Ferrari, started to "vet" and select customers for the very same reason you mentioned. At least here in Germany. They cannot control the second hand market though...

I already "met" a couple of German/Austrian Lamborghini owners online and I have to say I am positively surprised. Many of them come, like me, from Porsche, some even still have one in their garage. Very nice and open minded people and mostly, like me, over 40 years old. Can't wait to meet some of them in person, we are already in the process to plan a meet in summer, somewhere near or in Munich.

--

Two years ago I went to a track event organized by my local Lamborghini club . I went because they allowed kids to drive our cars, so my 13 year old son was able to drive my RS on the track . It was great . The Lambo owners were very nice, but a bit different then the Porsche guys . Some also owned Porsche , but they all had the passion for Lambo . On track most of them drove pretty slowly , it was mainly to drive their cars on a track , but they were not interested in going fast . It seemed that their cars were to them more like a sacred object , or a piece of art that needs to be taken gently care off . Also some of the guys , mainly the ones that had second hand cars, were they type wearing those flashy t-shirts, with decolored/ ripped  jeans and a few flashy chains here and there . All friendly, but a bit different 

I am going back with them in September . We will visit the Lambo factory and then go to Varano for a track day, again, kids will be allowed to drive .  It will be quite an event , as we drive in a convoy ( about 20 cars ) from Switzerland to Lambo factory ( around 600 km ) . Should raise some thumbs in Italy !

I was just told yesterday that this time there will be a few Porsche that will join the event , but on track the Lambo guys decided that they do not want Porsche to drive at the same time as the Lambo as they fear Porsche owners will want to race the Lambo guys 

--

Gnil:

I was just told yesterday that this time there will be a few Porsche that will join the event , but on track the Lambo guys decided that they do not want Porsche to drive at the same time as the Lambo as they fear Porsche owners will want to race the Lambo guys 

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

flashy t-shirt, discolored jeans, duck face lady on passenger seat and AP ROO...yes these typical Lambo guys smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

Gnil:

Also some of the guys , mainly the ones that had second hand cars, were they type wearing those flashy t-shirts, with decolored/ ripped  jeans and a few flashy chains here and there . All friendly, but a bit different 

In my experience this would also have been accompanied by nunerous oversized gold Royal Oak Offshore Chronos on the wrist as well.

crayphile:
    Gnil:

Also some of the guys , mainly the ones that had second hand cars, were they type wearing those flashy t-shirts, with decolored/ ripped  jeans and a few flashy chains here and there . All friendly, but a bit different 

In my experience this would also have been accompanied by nunerous oversized gold Royal Oak Offshore Chronos on the wrist as well.

same comment few minutes apart Smiley you just forgot the duck face passenger Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    crayphile:
    Gnil:

same comment few minutes apart Smiley you just forgot the duck face passenger Smiley

and you are both right , most of them had the oversized Royal Oak   + a few large bracelets chains .... and fancy beards Smiley

Still... they were nice guys but often did not have much clues about driving . Those type were mostly owning second hand cars  .  The guys who had new cars or Avantador , looked generally more classic  ...

--

Well known  (at least in Germany) classic looking Aventador owner

1552388145332lamborghini-aventador-pirelli-edition-tim-wiese-1.jpg

Gnil:

Two years ago I went to a track event organized by my local Lamborghini club . I went because they allowed kids to drive our cars, so my 13 year old son was able to drive my RS on the track . It was great . The Lambo owners were very nice, but a bit different then the Porsche guys . Some also owned Porsche , but they all had the passion for Lambo . On track most of them drove pretty slowly , it was mainly to drive their cars on a track , but they were not interested in going fast . It seemed that their cars were to them more like a sacred object , or a piece of art that needs to be taken gently care off . Also some of the guys , mainly the ones that had second hand cars, were they type wearing those flashy t-shirts, with decolored/ ripped  jeans and a few flashy chains here and there . All friendly, but a bit different 

I am going back with them in September . We will visit the Lambo factory and then go to Varano for a track day, again, kids will be allowed to drive .  It will be quite an event , as we drive in a convoy ( about 20 cars ) from Switzerland to Lambo factory ( around 600 km ) . Should raise some thumbs in Italy !

I will race you anytime if you pay for my tire wear, possible damages (stone, accident...you never know) and so on. Smiley

At some point in life, there is no need to prove yourself if you achieved everything you wanted. So why risk damage, cost and so on if it doesn't "give" you anything in return? Smiley I also won't make it into the F1 anymore, so why bother? Smiley Smiley

I don't know if this is valid for those Lambo guys you met (so far, I know two Lamborghini owners personally but the also have a bunch of other cars and tons of money, so... Smiley) but I can tell you for sure that I will not seriously race my Performante, unless someone is paying for it (I am pretty sure Porker wouldn't mind to see me drive, maybe he can do some sort of collection for poor RC Smiley).

I will attend some friendly track events but usually, these events are pretty much harmless and fun, even if some of the drivers (may) have the feeling they are fast. Smiley Smiley Another problem with serious track events is insurance and warranty. At my age (54), there are more important things in life than trying to achieve best track times.

This is why, unlike in the past where it was the other way around, I tremendously enjoy those drives with friends in the mountains (pass roads, etc...Germany, Austria and Italy) and in the past around the Cote d'Azur (got too crowded and police is merciless now). So much fun to drive without any pressure, having a good lunch (or brunch), enjoying the weather (we were very lucky the past few times) and just enjoying life without any stress. Smiley Smiley

--

Itsme:

Well known  (at least in Germany) classic looking Aventador owner

1552388145332lamborghini-aventador-pirelli-edition-tim-wiese-1.jpg

The Aventador SV owner I know has a 50 Mio. revenue per year real estate company and an economics degree... Smiley

You won't see many doctors in Lamborghinis but this is because most them are usually either too competitive and drive in local racing series (Porsche, etc.) or they are more interested in classic cars (my neighbor).

Intellectuals in general seem to prefer less flashy cars, I get it but at some point in life, you just don't care (that much) anymore. Smiley Also, why should I lie: The Performante is actually the first Lamborghini I considered, even if the Aventador was always a dream of mine from a visible tech point of view. This car is just a beauty, so pity is has that crappy gearbox. Smiley

--

crayphile:
    Gnil:

Dammit...I still haven't gotten myself a golden one (I have a ROO Carbon and a ROO Safari though, maybe this counts too?). Smiley Smiley

--

RC:

Also, why should I lie: The Performante is actually the first Lamborghini I considered, even if the Aventador was always a dream of mine from a visible tech point of view. This car is just a beauty, so pity is has that crappy gearbox. Smiley

The Performante isn't less beautiful IMO, it even has the better, read: more cohesive design, at least compared to the Aventador SV / J. Basic Aventador S is a work of art, that's true.

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    RC:

Also, why should I lie: The Performante is actually the first Lamborghini I considered, even if the Aventador was always a dream of mine from a visible tech point of view. This car is just a beauty, so pity is has that crappy gearbox. Smiley

The Performante isn't less beautiful IMO, it even has the better, read: more cohesive design, at least compared to the Aventador SV / J. Basic Aventador S is a work of art, that's true.

The Performante is in my opinion the first "serious" Lamborghini sports car, it completely changed the perception of the brand and it was a good decision. If Lamborghini would have added 60 horses more, it would have caught the attention of current 720S buyers as well. Unfortunately, I wasn't much different 10 years ago, power was everything. 

The SVJ is an amazing car, no matter if it wins drag races or not but even the fantastic Nordschleife record time cannot hide the crappiness of the gearbox. I think Lamborghini should have taken some (development) money into their hands to offer a DCT for the Aventador S facelift and the SVJ. They didn't. Now their fabulous 770 hp SVJ cannot beat the 720S in straight line, even with 50 hp more, which is a pity. I know, the weight but a DCT instead of the current gearbox would have made a great improvement.

Also, last but not least: There aren't many "emotional" sportscars around anymore and the Performante is one of them. I would name the 991.2 GT3 RS as well in the same context but afterwards, the "air" gets thin, there aren't many other cars and if there are, they aren't in the same performance class (Aston Martin) or the same price class (Koenigsegg and others).

Why Lamborghini drivers track their cars less than for example Porsche drivers? Well, in the case of the Performante I think there aren't so many around (only 1200 or 1300 Coupe were/will be built according to rumors) and the regular Huracan (before the Evo) wasn't exactly known as a track car. The Aventador SV is way too expensive to risk damaging it on the track, same goes to maintenance and repair cost. First service is almost 4000 EUR, the bigger one around 8000-10000 EUR. Double ouch. 

The GT3/GT3 RS has always been quite the bargain for what it offers on the track and I think sports car lovers around the world know that. I consider the Performante to be the more exotic brother of the GT3 RS. Smiley Smiley

--

Christian no need to explain why you will not track your Performante. It’s a smart decision. The car was designed primarily for road enjoyment. Though very few find pleasure in tracking, they are in a distinct minority.

As for me, been there, done that. If I took my RS to the track today, after a couple of laps my reaction will be meh. Going around In circles trashing my $250,000 car to improve my time by a fraction of a second doesn’t appeal me. enlightened

--

There is nothing stronger than gentleness.

nberry:

Christian no need to explain why you will not track your Performante. It’s a smart decision. The car was designed primarily for road enjoyment. Though very few find pleasure in tracking, they are in a distinct minority.

Not really but I guess it makes no sense to go here into details. Smiley

Yes, it is a smart decision because this car costs 273k EUR and insurance is almost 3k EUR per year. Would I crash it, insurance cost would certainly go up substantially (there are people paying 10k EUR per year for a regular Huracan Smiley). One rim is, I think, around 3k EUR. Without tire. Also difficult to get track insurance, very very difficult for private events.

I always had and will have pleasure in tracking...any car (I would even track race my E63, did it with my Cayenne Turbo/S in the past) but it is not as much fun as in the past because now I have two kids and money has a different value for me, it provides a "future". I prefer spending the money for family vacations instead for track days.

Just recently I wanted to register for the Lamborghini track academy, an advanced training with cars provided by Lamborghini. It sounded like fun, especially since I didn't have to care about my car or insurance or warranty or whatever. 10k EUR for basically one day of track driving? No thanks. For this kind of money I spend a luxurious vacation week with my family at some nice hotel. My priorities have changed.

I will do a summer trip with my local Lamborghini dealer, it costs only slightly under 3k (I think), a couple of days in Italy, should be fun, together with other Lamborghini drivers. My wife will join me very likely. This is acceptable. A 10k EUR one-day track school trip? Not really.   

As for me, been there, done that. If I took my RS to the track today, after a couple of laps my reaction will be meh. Going around In circles trashing my $250,000 car to improve my time by a fraction of a second doesn’t appeal me. enlightened

The fun is in learning. Once you learned a lot, the fun is in being surprised how fast you are (vs. others). I agree though, lately, I am more cautious and less ambitious, which is OK with me. Smiley Must be the age...the wisdom Smiley or whatever. I just don't see the point anymore. 

Just last weekend, I spend hours with my son doing some Arduino stuff. I was invited to a private car event, could have driven there myself(!) in a Carrera GT (my friend wanted to take his Aventador SV) but the weather was crappy and I just didn't want to crash a car worth almost a million, also didn't see the point to drive to a car event in rain and be there in rain. So I spent time with the kids and my wife, we even got to watch Captain Marvel in Munich (in English), it was a very nice weekend. Smiley Without cars. Smiley

--

RC:

I was told that Lamborghini, similar to Ferrari, started to "vet" and select customers for the very same reason you mentioned. At least here in Germany. They cannot control the second hand market though...

Somehow I find it hard to believe that a dealer would not make a sale to someone just because of the personality of the customer.  Doesn't seem like allocations are hard to get in Germany and therefore they wouldn't forgo a sale.  If the waiting list is full, then another story.

The road enjoyment thing is a tricky one.  These cars are unquestionably tuned for the track, especially the RS with the rose jointed suspension, etc.  If you really wanted to go fast on the road, it's a bit too stiffly sprung for that, but it still works pretty well on nice roads.  Also, you can't really use the performance of these cars on the road.  On the other hand, ever drive a 996 GT3.  The 991 RS is pretty tame.  

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    752785 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430440 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258453 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255388 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5248 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868045 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801639 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM