Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour

RC:

Now you know why I went for a Huracan Performante. The last real dinosaur. Smiley

performante .2 is on the way and that smells like the end or near the end for the V10 alone. I guess hybrid combo will be proposed or V8+ hybrid as it is widely available across the group.

Yep, some issues with the n/a engine and emissions, incl. sound emissions. Power could be slightly less than previously planned. Smiley My take on this: Last n/a GT generation.

they are raising the hype a bit here, the 4L for the GT4 is safe till end 2021... so plenty of room to have a 4.0L and a 4.2L approved for a short window. Smiley and possibly up to 2023.

Interesting take on the Tycan with sports tires, I didn't know that. Thanks. I always thought they are planning some sorts of GT version of the Taycan but I guess this is history. Smiley

no, this is coming...Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

Thanks for the info and pictures. I'm curious to see the next Touring as with the wider front track it's probably again faster but I still think the 991.2 is the sweet spot in terms of size, weight and engine sound. 

Let's see what the 60 years edition will bring, one might potentially already start to hassle the sales man of the local OPC if interested.

Maybe once we manage to have a Touring meeting, for me it's only a 2 hours drive to Stuttgart, the green not blues brothers meeting Smiley

the-missile:
    RC:

Now you know why I went for a Huracan Performante. The last real dinosaur. Smiley

performante .2 is on the way and that smells like the end or near the end for the V10 alone. I guess hybrid combo will be proposed or V8+ hybrid as it is widely available across the group.

No Performante.2, sorry to disappoint you. Only the STO is coming, a 300+k base price GT3-like model. I could probably get one but to be honest, I do not have the money for another car and I concentrate on my financial future now. Smiley

Right now they are trying to certify the STO before they are required to use particulate filters (very likely coming to all Lamborghini models with the next model year), so I think I'm good. Very good. Smiley

Yep, some issues with the n/a engine and emissions, incl. sound emissions. Power could be slightly less than previously planned. Smiley My take on this: Last n/a GT generation.

they are raising the hype a bit here, the 4L for the GT4 is safe till end 2021... so plenty of room to have a 4.0L and a 4.2L approved for a short window. Smiley and possibly up to 2023.

There are serious issues with exhaust emissions, noise emissions and the fact that nobody knows exactly how the pandemic changed the markets and other parameters. It is even more difficult now than before according to what I heard. Things got really complicated. Also, there will be cutbacks... Smiley

Interesting take on the Tycan with sports tires, I didn't know that. Thanks. I always thought they are planning some sorts of GT version of the Taycan but I guess this is history. Smiley

Without semi-slicks? Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

blueflame:

A little sunday trip to a sportscar-breakfast near Stuttgart at Signal-Design.

Dr. Frank-Steffen Walliser (former head of Porsche Motorsport and now in charge of 911/718) signed my Touring and gave during an interview very interesting infos about the future of sportscars...the important message for us is to enjoy the next 5 to 10 years. laugh

For example a Taycan with sportstyres can´t match the noise emission rules of the near future and regarding the 992 GT3, they are still fighting to meet the emission targets - release date 2021.

Lots of interesting cars...a very special  one of "Jägermeister" 935, a pre-Series car of the Exklusive Heritage Targa and a prototype Aston Martin DBX.

Blueflame

IMG_1745.jpg
    IMG_1738.jpg
    IMG_1730.jpg
    IMG_1715.jpg
    IMG_1712.jpg

How crazy is this? Even the tire noise exceed the noise limitSmiley

--

M3ike:

Maybe once we manage to have a Touring meeting, for me it's only a 2 hours drive to Stuttgart, the green not blues brothers meeting Smiley

Sounds goodSmiley

Maybe a little Rennteam-Meeting at the Porsche-Museum at Stuttgart including a perfect steak at the Christophorus-Restaurant...

Tomorrow we visit the Porsche Experience Center at the Hockenheim-Ring for the first time - pics will follow...

Blueflame

the-missile:

Was the dual color speedster issued like that by the factory or aftermarket?

It´s not OEM - it´s a foil-job from Signal-Design.

Blueflame

blueflame:
    M3ike:

Sounds goodSmiley

Maybe a little Rennteam-Meeting at the Porsche-Museum at Stuttgart including a perfect steak at the Christophorus-Restaurant...

Tomorrow we visit the Porsche Experience Center at the Hockenheim-Ring for the first time - pics will follow...

Blueflame

Up for that too. 5 hour drive though... (not that I mind)

Sounds like a planSmiley

And have fun at the PEC in Hockenheim

Interesting information, thanks for posting. The ROW has less stringent emission and noise laws than Europe it seems, especially in the United States. Shame that everyone else will need to feel the effects of these changes too. surprise

RC:

No Performante.2, sorry to disappoint you. Only the STO is coming, a 300+k base price GT3-like model. I could probably get one but to be honest, I do not have the money for another car and I concentrate on my financial future now. Smiley

Right now they are trying to certify the STO before they are required to use particulate filters (very likely coming to all Lamborghini models with the next model year), so I think I'm good. Very good. Smiley

STO or .2 Performante is the same in my book. let's put it the RS version of Performante if you like. looking at how many cars they produce, the certificatio is not going to be challenging at all...this is why they cut back the number of Urus to make sure their job remains easy to deal with...Smiley

There are serious issues with exhaust emissions, noise emissions and the fact that nobody knows exactly how the pandemic changed the markets and other parameters. It is even more difficult now than before according to what I heard. Things got really complicated. Also, there will be cutbacks... Smiley

they already invested the money and the cars are running in the wild in disguise since 2018...the law is known for the next 5 years. no surprise, they know where they have to go. it is time to waken up the hype...so let's try to communicate accordingly. With so many years knowing some insights from this brand, you should at least know how their marketing works. Smiley

Without semi-slicks? Smiley

you know their famous packages Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

For us Performante owners it is very important if Lamborghini calls the next sporty Huracan Performante or not. They don't, thank god (resale value) and the car is too extreme to be as usable as the Performante. This is the first true Lamborghini street legal track car, similar to what Porsche does with the GT3 RS. The seats have been changed, you can easily wear a helmet now (even tall people) and there is a six point harness available and other goodies.

Starting price is slightly over 300k EUR though, with full options probably around 350 or so... 

Car is supposed to be 80-100 kg lighter than the Evo AWD, it has RWD, an improved gearbox setup (similar to the Performante) but engine power will probably stay at 640 hp, maybe 10-20 hp more (not likely though). The problem is to certify this car without particulate filter, this is going to be interesting.

A very interesting product from a car enthusiast's perspective, it may be the last track capable dinosaur from Lamborghini.

Lamborghini started to concentrate on the next Aventador generation (V12 hybrid) and the next Huracan generation (V8 Biturbo), also on new Urus variants. The Huracan, similar to the Aventador, are basically phased-out models now...soon.

Regarding the emissions/noise emissions laws: If things would be that easy. Smiley The problem is not only the certification process but also the uncertainty what customers want and the public acceptance.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes GLC63 S AMG (2020), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:

. This is the first true Lamborghini street legal track car, similar to what Porsche does with the GT3 RS. The seats have been changed, you can easily wear a helmet now (even tall people) and there is a six point harness available and other goodies.

I am interested to see this car especially on RWD configuration with real track capabilities.

Regarding the emissions/noise emissions laws: If things would be that easy. Smiley The problem is not only the certification process but also the uncertainty what customers want and the public acceptance.

No need to be concerned for this, they are still producing very low numbers of cars every year and fall under specific certification process. Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    RC:

. This is the first true Lamborghini street legal track car, similar to what Porsche does with the GT3 RS. The seats have been changed, you can easily wear a helmet now (even tall people) and there is a six point harness available and other goodies.

I am interested to see this car especially on RWD configuration with real track capabilities.

No need to be concerned for this, they are still producing very low numbers of cars every year and fall under specific certification process. Smiley

I was referring to Porsche and the GT models and apparently Lamborghini cannot escape the particulate filter anymore...the next model year may be the year of the change. 2021 is going to be very interesting for them...and many other manufacturers. Regarding Porsche, I actually heard recently (I think I already mentioned it) that Porsche intentionally reduces noise emissions further to be more socially acceptable. Apparently AMG took a similar decision. While I can see Porsche selling GT cars even if they sound like crap, I wouldn't be so sure about AMG. 

--

Great day at Porsche‘s new Experience Center at Hockenheim.

They have me as a big SUV hater the chance to test the new Cayenne GTS Coupé onroad and offroad.

Really crazy what these over 2.000 Kg machines can do...I‘m really impressed, but would never buy one.

Blueflame

91E6C42E-9FAC-4CB7-B2C5-4494050E7301.jpeg
    7809D0C8-D073-4CD2-9EAD-748BBD50C91C.jpeg
    38BBACDC-44CA-4DEB-91EB-E9144CAE271D.jpeg
    23B32707-3C99-42BF-B66E-15D8FEF65C7B.jpeg
    DBC09228-ED13-4443-922B-45ACD45B19AE.jpeg
    02B69E99-98D1-4F61-87D3-EB1A409AA639.jpeg
    6BFFB4E9-91A0-40AB-BBFD-1974C4BE5115.jpegbig clouds above the petrol-sportscar....the electric menace is waiting behind...;-)

Porker:

I really wonder whether the difference between a Touring and a Clubsport would be tangible on track, and how/where it would show. The Touring for sure is the better looking car.

When Tim and I were with you last year, he lifted slightly at Swedenkreuz  at >200kph and the tail started to come around.  It was very scary as a passenger, but the ESC and Tim recovered without incidenct.  I always make sure to apply throttle there, but I have never felt anything like that in a winged car...

He never had another problem like that when driving that section properly (I think the Touring is just fine at the track, but maybe it forgives mistakes a little less).

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Grant:
    Porker:

I really wonder whether the difference between a Touring and a Clubsport would be tangible on track, and how/where it would show. The Touring for sure is the better looking car.

When Tim and I were with you last year, he lifted slightly at Swedenkreuz  at >200kph and the tail started to come around.  It was very scary as a passenger, but the ESC and Tim recovered without incidenct.  I always make sure to apply throttle there, but I have never felt anything like that in a winged car...

He never had another problem like that when driving that section properly (I think the Touring is just fine at the track, but maybe it forgives mistakes a little less).

You will notice a difference because the suspension is tuned slightly more convenient for the Touring and this is noticeable on track. we have a fleet of wingy and castrated GT3 to play around on the tracks here. back to back experience driving tests and so on...Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual

Cayenne GTS 2014

Thanks for sharing the nice pics. Smiley

I love my GLC 63S AMG but I have to admit that this size is exactly the SUV sweat spot, nothing bigger. This car looks like nothing special but is really fast, not only on straights. Autobahn driving stability is insane, there is just this annoying whining sound (probably related to a window seal or something similar) at speeds over 260 kph, so I usually keep it under this speed.

The only bigger SUV I would love to own would be the Urus (which drives even more fantastic) or the Jeep GC Trackhawk (impressive performance for it's size, many don't seem to realize that this is a full sized SUV).

My son for example likes only the Urus and the G63 AMG, otherwise he prefers sedans over SUVs, he still didn't forgive me for giving away the E63 S. Smiley

--

blueflame:

They have me as a big SUV hater the chance to test the new Cayenne GTS Coupé onroad and offroad.

Really crazy what these over 2.000 Kg machines can do...I‘m really impressed, but would never buy one.

Great, great pictures, thanks a lot for that! Your pictures are actually the first I have seen of the new experience centre apart from the renderings Porsche provided in the planning stage. How did you like it?

I second your opinion about SUVs, from a technical standpoint they are certainly impressive but they leave me completely uninterested.

Who is the person next to you, is it your son or some famous racing driver… or both? Smiley

Ferdie:
    blueflame:

Great, great pictures, thanks a lot for that! Your pictures are actually the first I have seen of the new experience centre apart from the renderings Porsche provided in the planning stage. How did you like it?

I second your opinion about SUVs, from a technical standpoint they are certainly impressive but they leave me completely uninterested.

Who is the person next to you, is it your son or some famous racing driver… or both? Smiley

The new Porsche Experience Center (PEC) was built inside the Hockenheim GP-Track. They dismanteled a big part of the old "Innentribüne" for the building. Inside there is a nice restaurant with a great view on the infield of the F1-Track.

They used parts of the old "Querspange" of the former short track for their own small racetrack. The racetrack is quite fun, and includes some cool corners like the "Karussel" of the Nürburgring and a skidpad.  Overall is not that big and fast, but interesting.

Next to their racetrack they have a off-road section with 80 degrees ramps and a waterpool to show the skills of the SUVs.

The PEC-Carpool in the underground parking holds 90 !!!!! Porsche cars. From a simple base Macan to a GT2 RS and even a new GT4 Clupsport. You can book different programs over their website and it´s also possible to rent the whole building for an company event or your birthday - not a bad location...Smiley.

It´s also a plan for the future that you can collect your new Porsche there - also not a bad idea.

The person next to me is my son - but he gave up karting (I have to do it now aloneSmiley) and started again with football - so the dream of a famous racing driver is gone...Smiley

Blueflame

PS a little hint - speak to your Porsche Center...they have slots for their good customers and can invite your for free...Smiley

blueflame:
    Ferdie:
    blueflame:

The new Porsche Experience Center (PEC) was built inside the Hockenheim GP-Track. They dismanteled a big part of the old "Innentribüne" for the building. Inside there is a nice restaurant with a great view on the infield of the F1-Track.

They used parts of the old "Querspange" of the former short track for their own small racetrack. The racetrack is quite fun, and includes some cool corners like the "Karussel" of the Nürburgring and a skidpad.  Overall is not that big and fast, but interesting.

Next to their racetrack they have a off-road section with 80 degrees ramps and a waterpool to show the skills of the SUVs.

The PEC-Carpool in the underground parking holds 90 !!!!! Porsche cars. From a simple base Macan to a GT2 RS and even a new GT4 Clupsport. You can book different programs over their website and it´s also possible to rent the whole building for an company event or your birthday - not a bad location...Smiley.

It´s also a plan for the future that you can collect your new Porsche there - also not a bad idea.

The person next to me is my son - but he gave up karting (I have to do it now aloneSmiley) and started again with football - so the dream of a famous racing driver is gone...Smiley

Blueflame

PS a little hint - speak to your Porsche Center...they have slots for their good customers and can invite your for free...Smiley

Yeah but he could be the next Beckham!! Or Ronaldo Smiley  Making better money than race car drivers Smiley

--

blueflame:

At least he still seems to be interested in Porsche. Better than nothing.

I liked your idea of having a Rennteam meat at Stuttgart, this alternatively/in addition sounds good as well.

Ferdie:
    blueflame:

At least he still seems to be interested in Porsche. Better than nothing.

I liked your idea of having a Rennteam meat at Stuttgart, this alternatively/in addition sounds good as well.

A RENNTEAM-MEAT at the Porsche Museums´s own Christophorus Steak-House...perfect...Smiley their steaks are IMO one of the best in Germany.

https://www.porsche.com/museum/de/kulinarischesangebot/

Blueflame

The steakhouse is amazing, indeed but in times of a pandemic, maybe we should think about a Rennteam meet somewhere outdoors, maybe at a lake or in the mountains.  Smiley

--

And now for some completly different...smiley

Had the chance to test the new F8 Tributo and Spider at the Baden Baden Airpark. A great day with friends...borrowed material is the best at the race track...blush.

The car drives very similar to the new McLarens, but too much PlayStation for me...braking did not impress compared to my GT3...but all cars had normal Pirelli PZeros and no Cup tires. And I expected more from 720 HP.

But a great car for the target group, just not for the „analog“ Porsche GT-guy...

Never the less a wonderfull and very hot day.

Blueflame

3C5B87EF-5E81-413F-98F2-ACA7014F637B.jpeg
    E82D0812-B136-4C62-8854-39DB0FC6B3FC.jpeg
    E04FE532-ADFB-4B72-B81E-D23A7EC99097.jpeg
    C740D442-CF6E-48A4-B52C-8547BFCFDA0B.jpeg
    4D502798-C82C-4287-95E4-5D9CC28F2019.jpeg
    FDB64984-C697-477C-B1E0-CD49E3D67369.jpeg
    120F21A4-F55A-48A3-89B1-B35135BDA7D7.jpeg

Smiley Smiley

--

Nice !

During our little summer holiday at the austrian alps, I made the anual trip to the Großglockner mountain with my little son.

This year we took the 993 as the family car and this was a great decision - every daily trip to the restaurants was a little event for the family...buying this old warship was one of my best ideas...smiley

Next trip follows with RedNipple to Hockenheim at 16.09.2020 with the Pistenclub for the last Trackday of this season - would be nice to meet a Rennteamer there.

Blueflame

IMG_2238.jpg
    IMG_2246.jpg
    IMG_2247.jpg

blueflame:

Next trip follows with RedNipple to Hockenheim at 16.09.2020 with the Pistenclub for the last Trackday of this season - would be nice to meet a Rennteamer there.

Blueflame

I am rather busy working, but a bit of fun in the middle of the week is tempting - wait and see...

(was with Pistenclub at Salzburgring mid Aug and it was a lot of fun - rain in the morning, sun in the afternoon...)

blueflame:

During our little summer holiday at the austrian alps, I made the anual trip to the Großglockner mountain with my little son.

Looking good... was it just the two of you? I did many trips with my father when I was young, mainly in a Beetle convertible. We still own the car and it's one of the memories I will never forget. Driving the Alps in the 993, I wouldn't be surprised if your son wants to take over the car from you in a couple decades. 

So which car are you more attached to, the 993 or 991? Curious to know.

Thanks for filling this thread and forum with car-related content. Smiley

Ferdie:

Thanks for filling this thread and forum with car-related content. Smiley

kiss

--

2016 Porsche 981 GT4 | Racing Yellow
    2018 Audi S6 Avant | Ibis White

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM