Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Lamborghini Huracan and variants

d997h:

by the way, any news on the Rennteam.com-meet - uuupps, sorry, the factory delivery in Sant'Agata ? Smiley

Neither one with news I'm afraid... Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

'supposedly' the Evo has a third seat option now, I think called the sport seat.   Which is more comfortable than the race seat, and still sits lower for when using a helmet.

The latest Porsche carbon bucket in the 918 / 991 / 981 is pretty much the same in that regard, quite upright driving position.  In the U.S., some vendors created new brackets to tilt the seat back (caveat emptor).  

vantagesc:

The latest Porsche carbon bucket in the 918 / 991 / 981 is pretty much the same in that regard, quite upright driving position.  In the U.S., some vendors created new brackets to tilt the seat back (caveat emptor).  

Correct. I initially had concerns regarding comfort of the carbon bucket seats ( I went back to the dealership three times to sit in them) and decided to order them. I am glad I did. Not only are they great for driving, I find them comfortable. Also, to order sofas for a high performance sport car would be an abomination UNLESS the buyer had physical reasons  to order them.

--

Stress is man made.

The take rate on sofas has been pretty high GT3 tourings in particular.  I don't have a problem with it, as many of those cars will be used for road trips, vs. 1 hour blast on the weekend.  Easier to put luggage in the rear area that way too.  As I recall, plenty of folks were happy with their 2014 GT3s.  Plus, the 918 seat isn't that great on the track anyway.  

I am thinking of ordering the GT2 seat for my car actually.  More more tactile feedback than sofa without being so large around the hips and sides as the 918 seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxbxvofhYPs

wondering if I'm the only one who would be concerned to own a spyder if I lived and drove in mountainous areas?   You probably can count on that if you went off the road, you're going to roll..

OK, things got much more complicated than I wanted.

Since the beginning of 2019, Lamborghini apparently started to charge a 2000 EUR fee for late pre-production planning stage phase changes. The dealer told me about this when I added the Styling package to my car early January but at that time, the car wasn't in the pre-production stage, it was only planned for production, so I didn't have to pay for it. 

My car is already in the pre-production stage, so if I want a change in configuration, I need to pay up. After the car is finished with the new configuration, me and the dealer will escalate this to the Euro rep, based on my press accreditation and whatnot, maybe I get a discount or a waiver, I don't know but so far, I have to pay 2000 EUR if I want to change the configuration. The money is only due if the change is possible.

So today, the dealer filled out the new forms he got sent by Lamborghini and the change in configuration has been requested officially.

The "best" part now: It may take a couple of weeks until I actually get a yes or a no, this could even happen shortly before my car enters actual production in Italy. 

Right now, I am kind of a guinea pig for this because the dealer never had this situation with the 2000 EUR, this is a first for them (like I said, new for 2019).

If you say now "hey, this isn't very customer friendly, asking 2000 bucks for it...", well, let me tell you another story: My dealer had a Urus they tried to change early December, the car was supposed to arrive mid/end of February. Now they got the confirmation from Lamborghini that the change wasn't possible, the car arrives as ordered. So if the 2000 Euro help to get the car the way I want it, so be it.

I also switched the bucket seats with the comfort seats again because my wife mentioned a couple of times her back issues and I took the hint.  Also left the navigation system and style package (actually wanted to remove it with Verde Mantis) in the order because I have been advised against removing both (resale value and looks).

Now the waiting period got even more exciting: Not only do I wait for my car to arrive, I don't even know in which color it will arrive... yes 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

The upscale charge for the Verde Mantis paint will be considerably more than 2000 euros but presumably you will save money by going for the comfort seats. I don't personally think that a 2000 euro fee for a late spec change is too bad in the scheme of things as it is a fraction of the car's value. If they allowed everyone just to change their mind at the 11th hour as it were then their production planning would be in chaos. You should have listened to us months ago when we said not to go for white on such an extreme car smiley  Hopefully your change will go through and the extra 2k will be seen as a price worth paying if it gets you the colour you really want kiss Just chalk it down to experience.

ISUK:

The upscale charge for the Verde Mantis paint will be considerably more than 2000 euros but presumably you will save money by going for the comfort seats. I don't personally think that a 2000 euro fee for a late spec change is too bad in the scheme of things as it is a fraction of the car's value. If they allowed everyone just to change their mind at the 11th hour as it were then their production planning would be in chaos. You should have listened to us months ago when we said not to go for white on such an extreme car smiley  Hopefully your change will go through and the extra 2k will be seen as a price worth paying if it gets you the colour you really want kiss Just chalk it down to experience.

I know, I did this to myself because of my own stupidity. Smiley Should have listened to my gut feeling (and to you guys as well of course Smiley Smiley) and not what everyone else was saying about getting a flashy color for such a car in Germany.

My wife was completely against any flashy color but after I started watching so many Performante videos on YouTube and especially after my wife's white C63 S Convertible arrived, I realized that white was a mistake for a Performante. Kids also played their part in this, my daughter always loved Verde Mantis. A photo of her taken in Miami with a Huracan in Verde Mantis still hangs in her room. Smiley

Dealer said the same about the new fee: Seems that Lamborghini was fed up with those late change requests from customers, apparently I'm not the only one... Smiley Most car manufacturers would just say no and case closed. So I should be (probably) thankful that they can get the job done...hopefully.

Yes, another experience in life but I could have imagined a better use for these 2000 Euro... Smiley Smiley

--

Just bite the bullet and go for Verde Ithaca. It is an even better shade of green than Mantis.The only slight problem is that it is around 3,300 euros more than Mantis - at least according to the UK price list for the Huracan Evo angel

ISUK:

Just bite the bullet and go for Verde Ithaca. It is an even better shade of green than Mantis.The only slight problem is that it is around 3,300 euros more than Mantis - at least according to the UK price list for the Huracan Evo angel

The problem is: Verde Ithaca isn't available for the Performante anymore.

Also, no Ad Personam colors. Smiley First choice was Nero Nemesis (oh I just love this name) but not available anymore. Actually, when I ordered the car end of November, no Ad Personam options were available anymore. Zilch, nothing. Why? Well, they started preparing for the Evo introduction/production. I am lucky I got a new car, since end of November last year, no new cars can be ordered. The cars arriving at dealerships now are pre-ordered cars before end of November. Also, it is my understanding that the production ends in April.

Lamborghini has been kind to me, I cannot complain, I got a new car (apparently there is some sort of vetting process involved with them for new car orders, especially if it is the first time for a customer, believe it or not) but I wish I could have added some special Ad Personam stuff. Not that it really matters, I would take the car even stripped naked without any color. Smiley Smiley

My wife really put her heart on Rosso Mars but I just couldn't do it, red just isn't a color for a Lamborghini sports car, can't help it. Smiley Too much Ferrari... Smiley

Btw: My dealer has only one new (pre-ordered) Performante left, no more cars for him.

Also interesting: He just got a new Spyder they registered as a test-car and this car is louder than any other Performante before. This car was produced in January, maybe they changed a supplier or something but it is loud as hell and nobody knows why, they actually thought it is a technical issue but...nothing. Smiley Hopefully mine sounds the same.

--

The Spyder sounds louder because there is no roof. smiley

Just kidding.

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:

The Spyder sounds louder because there is no roof. smiley

Just kidding.

Smiley Smiley

No seriously, this car is louder than anything I heard...crazy. Smiley

--

I'll be interested to see how sales of the Evo go. My dealer has been in touch trying to tempt me to swap for one and I get the feeling they may be struggling to find customers which isn't surprising in the current economic climate. Lamborghini have certainly widened their offering in terms of the range of colours for both the interior and exterior and made a lot of items standard that were cost options on the previous Huracan.

ISUK:

I'll be interested to see how sales of the Evo go. My dealer has been in touch trying to tempt me to swap for one and I get the feeling they may be struggling to find customers which isn't surprising in the current economic climate. Lamborghini have certainly widened their offering in terms of the range of colours for both the interior and exterior and made a lot of items standard that were cost options on the previous Huracan.

Used Performantes are extremely good value right now and a far better proposition than a new Evo.

ISUK:

The Evo is basically 90% of a Performante in all regards (sound, performance, feel, etc.), this is what someone who attended the event in Bahrain said. Very impressive car according to that person. It is "only" the Huracan facelift though, not a successor for the Performante. This is why people here are still trying to get a Performante but at some point, the availability will dry out and they have no choice.

I've seen that there seem to be many used Performante on sale in the UK, which surprised me. I guess many of the previous owners wanted something fast but also something comfortable and the Performante is definitely not both. Smiley

My dealer has a couple of Evo orders but there isn't really crazy demand for this car. The problem is that it is new and there is basically (almost) no discount for the car, also bad lease offers because there are no "incentives" from the lease company and/or manufacturer yet. This could change after a while but right now...

Another issue is the price increase, even if the Evo has now many free features the old model didn't have (you had to pay for them, like navigation, bluetooth, magneto-rheological suspension, dynamic steering...). Special colors also cost more now, even if some of the previously available colors (base and metallic colors) are free of cost options now.

Personally, I think that the new Evo is a terrific offer from Lamborghini, a very nice facelift, despite the price increase. However and now we need to talk business here: The competition like the Ferrari 488 (facelift is due soon) and the McLaren 720S (yes, in Germany the price difference isn't that big) is quite strong, same goes to other brands, so Lamborghini has a tough time to find the right place in the market, especially since the Evo is, quite frankly, a little bit underpowered for it's price tag. What is/was acceptable for the Performante because it is basically a track car and a special edition model, isn't that great for the Huracan facelift. Especially since the next Huracan generation is due 2023. That said, I think that Lamborghini should have tried to keep the price (almost) the same for the Evo, especially in view of a possibly new economic slowdown or even crisis worldwide.

Lamborghini's reputation has increased a lot over the past couple of years but they need to be careful to keep a "proper" value/performance level. The new 992 Turbo S is also coming (next year) and this car will certainly give the Huracan Evo a run for it's money, no doubt about it.

--

RC:

I've seen that there seem to be many used Performante on sale in the UK, which surprised me. I guess many of the previous owners wanted something fast but also something comfortable and the Performante is definitely not both. Smiley

NO, I am afraid it's more a function of the kind of "punter" that buys these cars . Myself and @ISUK excluded of course Smiley .

crayphile:
    RC:

NO, I am afraid it's more a function of the kind of "punter" that buys these cars . Myself and @ISUK excluded of course Smiley .

You guys are car nuts like me...us... Smiley

I know so many people who get an expensive sports car but don't know much about it, let alone the driving (oh boy, you wouldn't believe what I saw in my life...but often you can't say anything because they are friends of a friend and... Smiley). The guardian angels of some of these drivers must be doing some serious overtime hours... Smiley I am not surprised that their cars sit in the dealer's showroom six months later... some get scared, some are overwhelmed with the power/performance and move on...to the next monster they can't handle and be really happy with. Smiley

--

crayphile:
    RC:

Flippers looking to make a quick premium, no? Always enjoy it when I see their cars for sale below MSRP. Smiley

--

1969 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.3  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

Porker:
    crayphile:
    RC:

Flippers looking to make a quick premium, no? Always enjoy it when I see their cars for sale below MSRP. Smiley

SmileySmileySmiley

--

Just... the... noise... : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I8NXj5EZ44

DuckieRS:

Just... the... noise... : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I8NXj5EZ44

He had a very good microphone with noise reduction because in reality, the car is 3x louder and I'm not kidding. That "noise" enters your brain, hurts a little bit in the beginning but afterwards it works like a (car) aphrodisiac, you can't get enough of it.  Smiley The Spyder is even more extreme than the Coupe because you are exposed to the full sound (not that the Performante Coupe has much noise insulation... Smiley).

Noise? I call it Aural Sex. Smiley

--

But where is the screaming ? yes smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Gnil:

But where is the screaming ? yes smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

The screaming is coming from the passenger(s)... Smiley

--

This is exactly how mine is going to look (exterior) if the production changes will be approved...

2019-02-10_18-35-34.jpg

--

As I said before: absolutely perfect for the Performante kiss

Hope the changes will come through 

--

Conny997:

As I said before: absolutely perfect for the Performante kiss

Hope the changes will come through 

Me too but I am a bit pessimistic...two months and a color change...not easy. Everything else wouldn't have been an issue but since the body is painted at Audi in Germany and needs to be delivered to Italy...huge issue. We'll see...

--

Smiley Excellent color for your car. Fingers crossed the factory approves the change.

--

2016 Porsche 991 Carrera GTS  Black with AeroKit Cup Package,  2017 Porsche Cayenne Platinum  Purpurite Metallic, New York

bobr:

Smiley Excellent color for your car. Fingers crossed the factory approves the change.

Thanks but my wife disagrees...she still roots for white (I think). Smiley

Funny side story about the chosen color (Verde Mantis): A friend of ours is a psychiatrist and we kind of started discussing cars during our dinner yesterday. When I told him that I ordered a Huracan Performante, he asked what color (mainly because it is a psychology thing for him...colors and all Smiley). After explaining to me what this choice means (you don't want to know... Smiley), he also told me that for Germany, this is a very "good" color. I was surprised to hear that because I thought it is a very provocative color. Smiley So he told me that in his opinion, this color will actually create more sympathy and less envy than other, more regular colors, simply because it is a very surreal and unusual color and people aren't used to it, they do not "identify" with it, they probably would never choose this color for their own car, so I'm good because the feelings will be more positive and less envious. 

Wow...I was speechless. I don't really know if this is true or he was just making fun of me (he has a very special humor but this isn't actually his way of making fun) Smiley but I've never looked at this from this perspective. We'll see if he is right... Smiley

Oh, of course he made a funny remark afterwards (more of his humor ballpark): He told me that if he is right, he will send me a bill. Smiley I actually believe that, he is doing very well, so I guess his bills are pretty steep. 

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM