Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Huracan Evo (2019 Facelift)

The Huracán EVO represents the natural evolution of the most successful V10 in Lamborghini history. It is the result of fine-tuning and consolidation which involves the already existing features and performance of Huracán, combined with the development of new solutions in terms of efficiency and design. But overall this vehicle stands out for its ability to anticipate the moves and satisfy the desires of the driver, in harmony with the Lamborghini DNA.

The Huracán EVO was developed to amplify your daily routine by anticipating the needs of the driver, making your day-to-day experience behind the wheel unique and totally personal. A state-of-the-art control system and innovative touchscreen easily manage the car’s functions and entertainment system. This, combined with dazzling aerodynamic design, elevate the performance and driving emotions to unprecedented levels.

The design of the Huracán EVO does not present a radical change in the original iconic shape and proportions, rather it represents a natural evolution that introduces sophisticated aerodynamic solutions, while remaining faithful to the iconic Lamborghini design. The front bumper adopts unmistakable Lamborghini design cues such as signature Y-shape stylistic elements, bonnet lines inspired by the Countach, skirt air ducts reminiscent of the Murciélago, and high-mounted exhaust tailpipes that recall the highest performing models of the Lamborghini range. The model also introduces the new 20” Aesir rims and debuts Ad Personam colors for the car body, including Arancio Xanto [Orange].
    These elements produce an evolution projected towards the future that does not forget the past.

The interior perfectly mirrors the evolutionary design of the Huracán EVO.
    The cockpit features a cutting-edge 8.4” touchscreen system built into the central tunnel, which makes it possible to control the car and entertainment functions with a tap of your fingertips. The exclusive interior finishes, stemming from authentic Italian design, are made with the finest-quality materials: the upholstery is available in leather, Alcantara and—for the first time—Carbon Skin®, an innovative carbon fiber material exclusively available with Lamborghini. All these details make the on-board experience even more unique and refined.

All the systems controlling the driving dynamics were updated, while new technologies were introduced to guarantee maximum performance of the Evo. The Lamborghini Inertial Platform (LIP) provides accurate real-time updates of the car’s behavior. The vehicle’s vertical dynamics are managed by the magnetorheological suspension (LMS) system. Additionally, its lateral dynamics are handled by a steering system which engages the four wheels through the Lamborghini Dynamic Steering (LDS) and the Lamborghini All-wheel Steering (LAWS) systems, aided by the constant distribution of the torque between the two axles (AWD) and the torque vectoring system. Combined with traction control, these systems also govern longitudinal dynamics. All of that is supervised by the Lamborghini Integrated Vehicle Dynamics (LDVI) system, a centralized controller capable of interpreting the pilot’s intentions and seamlessly adapting the vehicle’s behavior to them. This way, the driving emotion remains unparalleled within the segment.

Lamborghini Integrated Vehicle Dynamics (LDVI) is the technological brain of the EVO, capable of coordinating a complex and sophisticated system for the management of driving dynamics. Based on the driver’s input, the external environment and the selected driving mode, LDVI can anticipate the wishes of the driver, shifting from an underlying feedback logic to a ‘feed-forward’ one, from reaction to anticipation: this is the real evolution.

The new human-machine interface is the ultimate expression of the EVO’s natural and technological evolution. While traditional buttons become de-materialized, the central tunnel features an 8.4” multi-touch capacitive screen. A simple tap of your finger controls all driving dynamics, manages entertainment functions, receives real-time information on traffic and adapts the cockpit lights to the current driving mode.
    The system offers advanced connectivity as never seen before on a Huracán, matched by a new telemetry system that features two cameras to further improve your driving skills.

The EVO design was carefully engineered to improve aerodynamics. The front splitter creates a double airway underneath the body, and new flaps allow for additional aerodynamic load, five times higher than the previous Huracán model, which presses the vehicle downwards for an even smoother driving experience when braking and accelerating, as well as cornering.
    Additionally, a new suspended spoiler is featured at the rear of the car, channeling air with improved aerodynamic efficiency.

Totally renovated and reengineered, with optimized fluid dynamics both in the aspiration and exhaust, this is the V10 aspirated engine with the highest specific power. The new aspiration ducts are derived from the Lamborghini Motorsport expertise and make it possible to improve the responsiveness of the engine at any speed. The dual clutch transmission (LDF) was further enhanced to now achieve the highest performance. All of this finds a powerful expression in the even more vibrant and thrilling sound of the new lightweight exhaust system.

The architecture of the Huracán EVO suspension forms overlapping quadrilaterals which guarantee a perfect balance between the vehicle’s nimbleness and its sports performance. The magnetorheological shock absorbers instantaneously react to the pilot’s driving style, adapting to the road conditions and the driving dynamics, thus improving the overall control of the car.

The Huracán EVO is equipped with an Electronic Power Steering (EPS) system, which seamlessly adapts to all driving styles in order to guarantee the best steering assistance, both on track and on the road, while sustaining all the ANIMA driving modes.
    The EPS is also supported by the Lamborghini Dynamic Steering (LDS) system, which provides a dynamic variation of the steering ratio, changing according to the vehicle’s dynamic conditions.

Imagine you could use two clutch mechanisms in the same unit: while one gear is engaged, the other is already selected to cut the engagement/disengagement time to a minimum, a double mechanism that allows the clutch to work as instantaneously and seamlessly as possible. This is what the Huracán EVO delivers, thanks to its 7-speed Lamborghini Dual Clutch (LDF) transmission.

The four-wheel drive is electronically controlled and guarantees higher speed and precision in distributing the torque between the axles. All of this translates into improved control within any driving condition. The system continuously adapts the distribution according to the selected driving mode and the response from the road. The result is sensational: improved power transfer when cornering and accelerating on a sporty ride and, at the same time, improved traction and safety during everyday trips.

The Huracán EVO features a unique combination of the active front steering system (Lamborghini Dynamic Steering) and the rear system (Lamborghini All-wheel Steering), offering the best dynamic performance. The LDS system adapts to the speed and the driving mode selected by moving from direct steering to a more indirect mode, while the LAWS system handles the rear steering axle by means of two electromechanical actuators. At low speeds the rear axle steers in the opposite direction relative to the front axle, leading to a virtual reduction of the wheelbase, providing greater nimbleness and unrivalled cornering performance. At high speed, the two axles rotate in parallel, generating a virtual increase of the wheelbase, thus guaranteeing full control of the car and excellent stability.

0-100 kph in 2.9 seconds

0-200 kph in 9.0 seconds

Weight 40 kg heavier than Performante.

2019-01-07_12-13-39.jpg

2019-01-07_12-16-54.jpg

2019-01-07_12-19-30.jpg

2019-01-07_12-18-59.jpg

2019-01-07_12-40-28.jpg

2019-01-07_12-19-57.jpg

2019-01-07_12-16-20.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Re: Huracan Evo (2019 Facelift)

Well that has saved me quite a chunk of change as it is a fairly subtle revision. I prefer the aesthetics of the original and won't miss a 30 BHP bump in real world driving. I don't care for the adoption of the centre touch screen but can understand their reason for doing it to target younger buyers, I prefere the old school toggle switch and buttons which I find much easier and safer to use whilst driving. I guess it is a case of what you have been accustomed to using.

ISUK:

Well that has saved me quite a chunk of change as it is a fairly subtle revision. I prefer the aesthetics of the original and won't miss a 30 BHP bump in real world driving. I don't care for the adoption of the centre touch screen but can understand their reason for doing it to target younger buyers, I prefere the old school toggle switch and buttons which I find much easier and safer to use whilst driving. I guess it is a case of what you have been accustomed to using.

I had the chance to play around with the touch display on the Centenario, looks quite the same. Not my thing, sorry but I can understand the appeal. For me, not the thing I want to see in such a car.  

Only thing I really like about this car is the rear wheel steering. Everything else is not something which would set it apart from the Performante, on the contrary. As a Huracan (pre-facelift) owner however, this car could offer a few advantages, especially regarding driving dynamics. 

I tried to configure a car and noticed there is no sport(race) exhaust option anymore... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

More photos...

Base price for the new Huracan Evo in Germany is 219k EUR (incl. 19% VAT)...a whopping 15k EUR increase from the pre-facelift model. 

Lamborghini-Hurac-n-Evo-2019-1200x800-7827b71c2e51de22.jpg
    Lamborghini-Hurac-n-Evo-2019-1200x800-2eea2bca00cda806.jpg
    Lamborghini-Hurac-n-Evo-2019-1200x800-53296d07ae007415.jpg
    Lamborghini-Hurac-n-Evo-2019-1200x800-881308bfe5613ea2.jpg
    Lamborghini-Hurac-n-Evo-2019-1200x800-7478943fe6065222.jpg

--

The Evo is now configurable

https://www.lamborghini.com/de-en/modelle/huracan/huracan-evo

blush

--

Conny997:

The Evo is now configurable

https://www.lamborghini.com/de-en/modelle/huracan/huracan-evo

blush

Interesting that there is no more sport exhaust available... Smiley

Btw: Base price is 219k EUR. Ouch. With full options and the big forged carbon package, the car could cost more than the Performante.

Advantage for the Evo: All Ad Personam options are available, including colors.

Sophia Calate made a nice configuration video (in German), quite interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDsH9M69Wao

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

I too noticed the sport exhaust is no longer available for the facelift  'Aventador S' since it was launched in 2017 yes

Evo doesn't sound right on the standard Huracan heart Performante looks much nicer

I was really considering getting the Evo instead of the Performante for a minute but then I realized that I wouldn't gain anything important to me but I'd loose a couple of other "advantages" like looks (the Performante is one of the rare cars which can "pull off" that humongous rear wing), the (in my opinion) the classier interior, the exhaust sound and of course resale value. The Evo will be "just another" Huracan (facelift), the Performante will always be special, even if a new "Performante" comes. Not even starting with track capabilities (I heard that the Evo is around 10 seconds slower on the Nordschleife, another source told me 5 seconds, it doesn't matter, it is slower), not that it is important to me and my one or two track appearances per year. 

Yes, I can still change my order but the Evo with the big forged carbon package and all the goodies my car has, would cost me almost the same money (very little "discount" on the Evo since it is new, more discount on the Performante).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

go for the performante...

--

993 c2

xander71:

go for the performante...

Of course I go for the Performante...unless Lamborghini announces an Evo Super Trofeo with 670 hp or something soon...which is doubtful.

The "Performante" version of the Evo is expected for 2020 and maybe be called different, maybe Super Trofeo, maybe   Squadra Corse, whatever but usually, they use different names for the facelifted "performance" versions.

No matter what will come 2020...it cannot sound the same or better than the current Performante, so my decision is pretty clear. I don't care about the extra horses, if I get bored, I can always install a VF Engineering supercharger kit. Smiley (which of course would be idiotic but I'm getting older... Smiley).

--

Performante all the way kiss

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Gnil:

Performante all the way kiss

Of course...what else? Smiley Smiley

Best car in the world (hear me, Porker? Smiley). tenor-2.gif

--

I don't know,, waiting to learn more on the EVO. RWS and new smarter awd system could make a big difference in the way it drives. Especially in the twisties at speeds below 100 mph.     Currently have the M5 Comp. and love the media screen, can't see why the upgrade in the EVO wouldn't be welcomed.     The perfomante's wing Would be of benefit at high speeds, but the improvements in the EVO's downforce and RWS might equal.   I would question supplied info regarding compared track times, as Lambo wouldn't want to let it out that the two were equal if so. 

I held off on the perf. to see if RWS was going to be added, got the M5 comp as interim

Van-:

I don't know,, waiting to learn more on the EVO. RWS and new smarter awd system could make a big difference in the way it drives. Especially in the twisties at speeds below 100 mph.     Currently have the M5 Comp. and love the media screen, can't see why the upgrade in the EVO wouldn't be welcomed.     The perfomante's wing Would be of benefit at high speeds, but the improvements in the EVO's downforce and RWS might equal.   I would question supplied info regarding compared track times, as Lambo wouldn't want to let it out that the two were equal if so. 

I held off on the perf. to see if RWS was going to be added, got the M5 comp as interim

You got the M5 Competition as an interim solution for a Huracan Performante? Smiley I love my E63S but it isn't the slightest bit comparable to the Performante. Smiley 

RWS and the improvements surely improve track times but the Performante is still ahead on the track (word is 10 seconds on the Nordschleife, another source said 5-10 seconds, so there is definitely some "internal" information regarding this). Does it really matter though? The Performante is a special model (not special edition), the Evo "just" the facelift. Looking at resale value over the past years, I think there is a clear picture here which cars keep their value and which don't, at least here in Germany. If I were you, I'd wait at least for the "Performante" version of the Evo. It will come, this is for sure but probably not before 2020.

Also, be aware that Lamborghini is going to "flood" dealers with the new Evo. Cars will be available in very high production numbers, unlike the years before. New sales strategy. Smiley

Last but not least, I don't like that "duck tail". Can't get around it. The touch display isn't my thing either in such a car, sorry. Another thing is the exhaust sound: The new Evo has a particulate filter in Germany (not so sure about the US). People who heard the car say it is loud and sounds good but not as good as the Performante. The tone of the sound is deeper and it lacks that metallic crackling/etc. of the Performante. If there is one thing I love about the Performante, it is the exhaust sound. Epic. 

This doesn't mean the Evo is going to be a bad car, on the contrary. Lamborghini put a lot of effort in revising the Huracan, making it better in any way than it's predecessor. So you're getting yourself a fine Huracan, no doubt about it.

Oh wait, did I mention the price tag? 17k EUR more in Germany vs. the "old" model. Base price. With the same options and the big forged carbon package, the Evo is very close to the Performante price-wise. Actually, probably the same since in Germany, I got a decent discount for the Performante order but at the beginning, the discounts for the Evo will be very low.

--

thanks for the feedback.  I know,, M5c vs perf.   I needed a car.  The woman I was living with separated and were sharing her car.   Had bought the m5 before getting to test drive the perf.  Actually went to a test drive event in Napa to drive the Urus, which is an amazing piece of mechanical genius.  But then they did also show up with the perf. and back to back the perf. made the Urus feel like an SUV.   The test drive route was quite a good one, no speed limits at all, lots of hard turns, sweeping elevations and all out long straights.   Got to drive it hard several times.  

Funny thing was, after I had driven both Lambos for about an hour, I took the m5c on the same route. Even though I was still breaking in the car,  I was surprised at how well it compared.  Wondering if you've had a chance to push the m5c.  To me,  there's quite a difference compared to the standard m5; turn in, less sense of weight, body roll...

I still question as to whether on most shorter tracks and mountain twisty driving that the Evo will be the more precise or faster car due to its RWS and revised torque vectoring software...  Doubt the 80 pound difference will come into play much.  

Watched a Huracan review with Archie, hard to watch, claimed that the perf. isn't a good resale as compared to standard huracan at least in the UK?     Anyway, with still under 1500 miles on the m5 and yet to track it, most likely I will wait for the Evo perf.  

RC:

The Evo will be "just another" Huracan (facelift), the Performante will always be special, even if a new "Performante" comes. Not even starting with track capabilities (I heard that the Evo is around 10 seconds slower on the Nordschleife, another source told me 5 seconds, it doesn't matter, it is slower), not that it is important to me and my one or two track appearances per year. 

Which tracks do you expect to visit?  I bet it will be great on circuit Smiley

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Grant:
    RC:

The Evo will be "just another" Huracan (facelift), the Performante will always be special, even if a new "Performante" comes. Not even starting with track capabilities (I heard that the Evo is around 10 seconds slower on the Nordschleife, another source told me 5 seconds, it doesn't matter, it is slower), not that it is important to me and my one or two track appearances per year. 

Which tracks do you expect to visit?  I bet it will be great on circuit Smiley

For the past couple of years I've been mainly to the Salzburgring but it got too easy, they added various safety "improvements" to reduce speed. Good thing is that a helmet isn't mandatory (I hate wearing a helmet for "fun driving"), bad thing is I always need to join a driver ed event for insurance reasons. 

Also been to Hockenheim and Boxberg a couple of times, maybe an italian track this or next year during a planned Lamborghini event, which also includes insurance for the track.

I doubt I will be often on the track though, these days are over. I prefer the mountain pass tours with friends.

--

is the increased base price to pay for the now - it appears - standard dynamic steering, fancy dampers and RWS?

sfo:

is the increased base price to pay for the now - it appears - standard dynamic steering, fancy dampers and RWS?

Yes, indeed and maybe a slightly higher gain margin as well. Smiley

I also heard that dealers will get much more cars than before, so they clearly expect this car to be a success and want to cash in on it. No doubt, it is a superb facelift (especially compared to the crappy R8 facelift) but 17k EUR more base price? Ouch. I did play around with some numbers (official prices aren't available yet, so I had to do some guessing) but the new Evo comes, with the same options and the big forged carbon package, very close to Performante price territory. This also probably means that the Performante successor, Super Trofeo or Squadra Corse or whatever the name will be, will be much more expensive. The current Performante base price is 232k EUR, so I guess the successor will start at 249k or so.

Just for comparison: The McLaren 720S has a base price of 247k EUR, the 488 Pista 259k (if you can get one Smiley) and the 600LT 230k EUR (German prices incl. 19% VAT).

--

A few interesting things I found out about the Huracan Evo, it would also explain the increased price tag (17k EUR in Germany).

The following options are standard or free of cost for the Evo (in comparison to the pre-facelift Huracan):

- Navigation system

- Magneto-rheologic suspension

- LDS (Dynamic Steering)

- Most metallic "standard" colors (like Bianco Icarus, etc.)

- Cruise Control

- Bluetooth

- Garage door opener

- Rear/front parking sensors plus rear view camera

- Anti-Theft system

- Branding Pack

Lamborghini also claims that the new Huracan Evo is "close to Performante performance" but doesn't state that it is better.

Huracan Evo uses the exact same exhaust system the Performante uses, only difference is a 4-way catalytic converter instead of a 3-way one (Huracan pre-facelift) with a "built-in" particulate filter (Germany/EU markets). There is and won't be an optional sport exhaust available anymore.

New generation Huracan is due 2024.

--

Cheers from your favorite "reviewer" smiley

I try hard but I just can't get past his intro 🙈🙈🙈

lukestern:

I believe we need a ban on Shmee videos.

Enough is enough.

--

lukestern:

I know...I know... Smiley...my son showed me the video last evening and I had to force myself to watch it. Wasn't as bad as expected though but the sound was bad (usually, Shmee is more careful about the quality of his videos but I guess he wanted to be "first"). 

As usual...Shmee just "prays down" the official sales brochure/media info and that's it.

Well, he mentioned the sound two or three times but he doesn't say if it has changed vs. the Performante or previous Huracan. As usual, he really doesn't add anything of value to his "review". Smiley

My Lambo dealership's manager is in Bahrain as well, seems to be a larger media event.

--

Whoopsy:
    lukestern:

I believe we need a ban on Shmee videos.

Enough is enough.

Why must he start every video sounding as if he caught his manhood in a vacuum cleaner?

Smiley

--

More Huracan Evo Videos (nothing special but still...interesting).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKNdoxRld34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byRGaRYHbR4&t=158s (French)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDalEzWSAQ0&t=2s (Dutch)

--

I can't watch Shmees videos anymore. It is just annoying. 

The car is delicious!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688736 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408786 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255563 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234818 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65406 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857653 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773515 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM