Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017)

Congrats RC , big decision. Great choice kiss

RC - Fantastic configuration. Looking forward to seeing pictures and reading your first drive impression. It's great to see that you are getting this car.  Enjoy!!

--

2016 Porsche 991 Carrera GTS  Black with AeroKit Cup Package,  2017 Porsche Cayenne Platinum  Purpurite Metallic, New York

And now we know the truth.... Audi - the gateway drug to Lamborghini!  indecision  That was Audi's long term strategy after all, and it works!  

Seriously, congrats and I know you will really enjoy it.....just  hope we don't hear stories of protests by your neighbours.  BTW we have a build coming at the same time as yours.... but another brand.... and another thread some day, with photos.... blush

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

OMG! what a surprise, I didn't see this one coming at all smiley 

joking aside, many congrats, this time you really better make this one a keeper, they won't make engines like that anymore I'm afraid. 

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:

joking aside, many congrats, this time you really better make this one a keeper, they won't make engines like that anymore I'm afraid. 

It was inevitably once Christian started writing about his attraction to the Performante.  No matter how accelerative an EV is, it will never replace the emotional connection to a mellifluous ICE.  That's something that the non-automobile enthusiast will never understand.  

Congratulations! Not clear to me why you got the LDS though.

Congrats RC!!!!

Stunning automobile, & an excellent choice of color/options. Enjoy kiss

Congrats RC - you are pulling the plug to go extravagant in Bavaria. 

Well done - you only live once. I know you dreamed since long and you had some feelings about why you shouldn't do. I'm happy to see that you live your dream and that you are going for it. 

Beautiful car - what a beast!

Congrats - again!

Special  thanks to your wife , RC smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

congratulations,  well doneSmiley

Anyone wanna bet how long RC is gonna keep the lambo? 

--

Next one is the MacLaren , in about 24 month 

--

He is so predictable.............

--

Gnil:

Special  thanks to your wife , RC smiley

--

Honestly, without her support and her insisting, I would have probably kept the R8 but the dealer (which is owned by the same company who owns the Audi dealership I got my R8 from) made an excellent offer (for such a car) and he will take care of the leasing return without any extra cost (keep in mind that I return the R8 aprox. 20 months earlier to the lease company than agreed upon), so everything is perfect. Smiley 

I can even drive the R8 until April when the Huracan arrives. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Whoopsy:

He is so predictable.............

Smiley I could have gotten a slightly used McLaren 720S now (price difference was ridiculous) but this car doesn't attract me a bit anymore (test-drive). Zero. Acceleration is insane, traction is fantastic for a 2WD car, the interior is also very nice, steering is great but the turbo lag (yes, there is one, no matter what people say) and the whole "turbo experience", incl. the sound (loud but a bit generic) just isn't me.

The move from the R8 to the Huracan Performante was a logical one, I actually waited for the R8 GT which never came and the new facelift is just looking hideous (rear).

No, I'm not as predictable as you think, especially since I have to really think twice (ten times!!!) before I get such car for financial reasons. This wasn't easy for me. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Many congrats, Christian Smiley You have talked a lot about the Performante over the last 1-2 years. Your decision seems very logical based on this Smiley

Carlos from Spain:

Smiley

Congrats RC! Smiley

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Congrats RC ! What a beast you'll have ! I'm sure you'll love it, though I'm not too sure about the neighbors smiley

schmoell:

Congrats RC ! What a beast you'll have ! I'm sure you'll love it, though I'm not too sure about the neighbors smiley

Thank you.

Smiley You are laughing but you live in Munich, probably in one of the better parts, so... Smiley

I wish my McLaren neighbor already had his 720 S Spider but unfortunately...2020. Smiley

--

MKSGR:

Many congrats, Christian Smiley You have talked a lot about the Performance over the last 1-2 years. Your decision seems very logical based on this Smiley

Thank you, Markus. My plan was actually to get a R8 GT or the R8 facelift but I am very disappointed with the facelift. 

I always loved the Huracan Performante but wanted to avoid Lamborghini because of the "exclusivity" of the brand and of course because of the prices it comes with (the R8 costs me almost nothing, Huracan Performante is much more expensive regarding maintenance...yearly at least 1800 EUR...big one 3800 EUR and insurance/repair cost (after warranty runs out), so the R8 was always the best alternative for me. Audi has ruined the R8, so I'm getting the Huracan Performante. Smiley

Another reason for the decision was the closing door for a last order: As of today, Lamborghini doesn't take orders for the Huracan Performante anymore (at least in Germany), they only build ordered cars until April 2019, when the production of the Huracan facelift starts and the production of the Performante ends. So far, Lamborghini says that there won't be a successor for the Performante (I think it sold worse than Lamborghini wants to admit) but I will only believe it when it happens. If true, I am going to have one of the last true amazing n/a sports cars on this planet and if not, well...who cares?! Smiley

Last but not least, I never went for the Performante because of...trara...my neighborhood. The R8 is one thing but a Lamborghini is a different beast. The guy I rented the garage spot from for the R8, called me one hour after I parked the Huracan Performante loaner in the same spot. I mean why would he do that? People here are very curious, very interested in your life and while they got used with my cars over time, a Lamborghini is a whole different level now. 

--

bluelines:
    Carlos from Spain:

Smiley

Congrats RC! Smiley

Thanks. Now I can keep up with your GTS. Smiley Smiley (secret motive Smiley Smiley)

--

Lars997:

Congrats RC - you are pulling the plug to go extravagant in Bavaria. 

Well done - you only live once. I know you dreamed since long and you had some feelings about why you shouldn't do. I'm happy to see that you live your dream and that you are going for it. 

Beautiful car - what a beast!

Congrats - again!

This is exactly what my wife said... Smiley

Thank you, a dream come true. Honestly. Never said that about any car, even if I really will miss the R8 (seriously).

--

RC:
    MKSGR:

Many congrats, Christian Smiley You have talked a lot about the Performance over the last 1-2 years. Your decision seems very logical based on this Smiley

Thank you, Markus. My plan was actually to get a R8 GT or the R8 facelift but I am very disappointed with the facelift. 

I always loved the Huracan Performante but wanted to avoid Lamborghini because of the "exclusivity" of the brand and of course because of the prices it comes with (the R8 costs me almost nothing, Huracan Performante is much more expensive regarding maintenance...yearly at least 1800 EUR...big one 3800 EUR and insurance/repair cost (after warranty runs out), so the R8 was always the best alternative for me. Audi has ruined the R8, so I'm getting the Huracan Performante. Smiley

Another reason for the decision was the closing door for a last order: As of today, Lamborghini doesn't take orders for the Huracan Performante anymore (at least in Germany), they only build ordered cars until April 2019, when the production of the Huracan facelift starts and the production of the Performante ends. So far, Lamborghini says that there won't be a successor for the Performante (I think it sold worse than Lamborghini wants to admit) but I will only believe it when it happens. If true, I am going to have one of the last true amazing n/a sports cars on this planet and if not, well...who cares?! Smiley

Last but not least, I never went for the Performante because of...trara...my neighborhood. The R8 is one thing but a Lamborghini is a different beast. The guy I rented the garage spot from for the R8, called me one hour after I parked the Huracan Performante loaner in the same spot. I mean why would he do that? People here are very curious, very interested in your life and while they got used with my cars over time, a Lamborghini is a whole different level now. 

--

The Perfomante is „the“ car for you. Your fascination for it was always quite obvious in all the posts Smiley

crayphile:

Congratulations! Not clear to me why you got the LDS though.

Thank you. Smiley

I know that LDS (dynamic steering) has created a lot of controversy among owners/car journalists but people either hate it or love it, there doesn't seem to be something in the middle.

I have dynamic steering in my R8 and love it. Razor sharp in Dynamic Mode (a bit comparable to Corsa in the Performante, though LDS in the Performante makes the steering a bit firmer in Corsa mode vs. the R8), because the steering isn't really dynamic anymore in the sportiest driving modes. For driving/parking in the city though, dynamic steering is great, it makes the steering pretty comfortable and light.

The Performante loaner I drive right now has LDS and I like it a lot, so I'm good. I also chose to take the magneto-rheologic suspension (wanted to initially go with the standard suspension) because I heard that it is a bit of a compromise, especially if I plan to drive the car hard. 

I really really didn't want to take the navigation system (expensive as hell and not really great) but this was the only way to get the smartphone interface incl. CarPlay. Not that I urgently needed it but it is nice to have it.

Would have loved the laser engraving in the seats and doors but an additional 3000 EUR (without VAT!)? No thanks.

Only option I still miss is that Black Nemesis I wanted to get, my wife badly wanted it (she kind of fell in love with that color) but 11000 EUR? Ouch. We both chose Bianco Monocerus together instead but yesterday, just out of curiosity I wanted to negotiate the price of the paint (I thought I could do it...) but it wasn't available for order anymore. They had only one remaining order "spot" for this Ad Personam paint option early this week because their manager intervened with Lamborghini when I enquired it but yesterday, it was too late. Maybe better this way...very expensive option and I can still do a wrap in the same (similar?) color.

--

MKSGR:
    RC:
    MKSGR:

--

The Perfomante is „the“ car for you. Your fascination for it was always quite obvious in all the posts Smiley

Was pretty obvious, wasn't it? Smiley Smiley

Smiley

--

huge congrats RC....more for for finally taking the gutsy decision than the car itself actually kiss

i guess for us car guys one needs to have owned a lambo once..

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

intouch1:

huge congrats RC....more for for finally taking the gutsy decision than the car itself actually kiss

My wife said the same... Smiley

i guess for us car guys one needs to have owned a lambo once..

This is true anyway Smiley but I really want it, badly. Smiley

Btw: Did you have yours? Smiley

--

Bravo Christian, awesome italian car angel

Top choice kiss

--
    "La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano....."

andrea:

Bravo Christian, awesome italian car angel

Top choice kiss

Thank you, a dream come true. Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    804035 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448732 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266350 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90164 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6749 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886077 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    834423 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM