Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 992 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car

As I approach 77, my goals now are to love women and do crazy shit. Hope I’m not messing up my afterlife.

Wonderbar:

As I approach 77, my goals now are to love women and do crazy shit. Hope I’m not messing up my afterlife.

There is no afterlife, love as many as you like blush

Wonderbar:

Smiley Smiley

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:
    Wonderbar:

Smiley Smiley

+1  Smiley

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS  blush

Upsa:
    CGX car nut:

Not all of us leave with nothing.  My goal is to make help make this a better place and remain a footnote in its history.

Yes you do. You can leave behind a net worth and a legacy of deeds, but when you go, you go with nothing. Nobody gets out alive, period. Enjoy your time here on earth, love your family and buy all the toys you want. The only advice I can give you is not to take things too seriously

Agreed. I am not a religious person, so my only goal on this planet is to enjoy life, to make the life of the loved ones better (or as good as possible), to enjoy my time with them as much as possible and to leave this world without any long suffering. Leaving a footnote in history? Believe it or not but I very likely did but nobody will ever know, so what's the point of even thinking of it?! Smiley Unless you're a celebrity actor, scientist, politician, whatever celebrity person, nobody will ever remember you. I'd like to know that my kids will remember me and pass on my memory to their kids and so on, this is why we take lots of photos and make videos during our various family vacations but in the end, you never know for sure and you never know how your kids end up living their lives. 

So yes: Live your life to the fullest, be a good person (I have my own ethics based on the general understanding of morality) and when the end comes, it comes, there isn't much you can do about it.

One thing is for sure: I tremendously enjoy every second I spend with my family. More than driving my cars. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Wonderbar:

Smiley Smiley Enjoy, Sydney. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

live your life….life doesnt come to you….

and yes, spending time with loved ones is the most fulfilling experience one can have...

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

intouch1:

and yes, spending time with loved ones is the most fulfilling experience one can have...

SmileySmileySmileySmiley

--

RC:
    intouch1:

SmileySmileySmileySmiley

By loved ones we mean family and cars also SmileySmiley!

crayphile:
    RC:
    intouch1:

SmileySmileySmileySmiley

By loved ones we mean family and cars also SmileySmiley!

Smiley Yep...cars are part of the family too, this is why we give them names. Smiley

--

Epicurean epitaph: I was not.  I was.  I am not. I do not care.

--

"Don't worry about avoiding temptation, as you grow older it will avoid you"  Churchill

DaveC:

Epicurean epitaph: I was not.  I was.  I am not. I do not care.

Yep...Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo Smiley

A sad but apparently working principle. Smiley

--

Hi guys! One question... The 3D view in the car configurator is working? It seems has been down for weeks or my browser no longer supports the Unity Playerenlightened

Targa

I have been planning to buy a 992 to replace my 997 S that I've had since new.  An issue is making me reconsider.  My 997 shows the incorrect date since early this year.  This is a very common or uniform problem in 997's and other Porsches of similar vintage.  There was a GPS system change this year, and it appears that the PCM cannot handle it.  Nav equipped PCMs (then optional) get the date from the GPS signal.  The result is the display of random, incorrect dates... very annoying.  Porsche is ignoring the problem.

If this simple of an issue is not supported by Porsche, I don't  trust them to support the software on the far more complex 992.

Tom

New video on the spied Turbo S 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWZpVOUmVcM

Topspeed:

Targa

Just hideous. 

Looks gigantic 

--

Let’s see it looks in real but so far the 922 has only been disappointment after disappointment...

The sorround rear window of the Targa doesn't fit well with the 992, it breaks the sloping rear window of the coupe as it continues into the grill as sort of one piece visually, in the targa there is the rear window then the grill in the middle of the rear rear body... looks odd and bulky.

--

It's an abomination.I can't believe how ugly this car looks especially with the wing engaged.mail

--

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

The 992 version of the 911 has gained in competence as an all-round car but it has lost its charisma. Even the 992 coupe is not a favourite for me anymore, never mind this ungainly Targa.

However, with the expanding global market Porsche will easily find customers for the 992, but not necessarily the same people who used to like previous 911 generations.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

I like the 992 and am considering it as a next car later next year...

Coming from the Panamera it makes sense for you...

Wonderbar:

It is a great car, still King of the Hill, the price has gone up a bit much and if you an NA guy you may miss the NA engine but otherwise it is fascistic in everything else, it handles amazing, looks great, safe and fast, etc. there is no other sportscar like It still.

--

The only real difference from the 991 targa is the vertical shutline where the body support panel for the rear glass meets the spoiler. This is the same shutline that the coupe and cab also have at that point. The rear spoiler looks somewhat ubgainly when raised but it's not exactly a styling masterpiece when open on the 991 models either.

Carlos from Spain:
    Wonderbar:

It is a great car, still King of the Hill, the price has gone up a bit much and if you an NA guy you may miss the NA engine but otherwise it is fascistic in everything else, it handles amazing, looks great, safe and fast, etc. there is no other sportscar like It still.

Of course it is still a great car. But take away the need for the two small rear seats and the regular 992 has a lot of worthy competition today. It might still be king of of hill for some, but the pool is shrinking with every generation and price hike. Just look at the members of this forum.

Personally there are 10 other sport cars I would buy before considering any 992 Smiley

SciFrog:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Wonderbar:

Of course it is still a great car. But take away the need for the two small rear seats and the regular 992 has a lot of worthy competition today. It might still be king of of hill for some, but the pool is shrinking with every generation and price hike. Just look at the members of this forum.

Personally there are 10 other sport cars I would buy before considering any 992 Smiley

Not really, generally speaking nothing has changed, picking specific examples changes nothing and those competitors are low volume, it is a drop in the pool.

And wait till the GT and Turbo versions come out... try a 992 and you will see what I'm talking about with the potential of the 992 platform in GT or Turbo trim.

--

SciFrog:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Wonderbar:

Ok what are the 10? I have a ‘97 993 4S which I don’t drive enough but I also have two kids I don’t see enough so the rear seats are a must. What is your call? 

Well, the new 850i was mighty impressive and a load of fun when I tested it. Although I’m a  thoroughbred 911 fan, that car convinced me that Porsche pricing policy is getting way out of hand.

--

997.2 4S / BMW X5 40e / Donkervoort GT 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688975 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408915 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255621 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234881 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65461 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4640 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857737 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773693 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM