Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018)

Well guys here’s my take. I don’t think they should produce so many but they make money on it. I would have enjoyed it if they had produced more GT2s as well but they didn’t. So at least I could get a GT3 RS so I am happy. Long term we will not loose too much money and they should go up in value as my objective with every expensive car is to enjoy them and not loose too much money in the process as depreciation is a killer and who wants that. It’s ok when the car value is 50k but when it’s 200k that’s a lot of money to loose. So in a way we all need to view it as an investment of fun where we should not loose too much money in having fun. I don’t think we will specially with the new EV craze and all manufacturers coming out with their own version next year. Who knows maybe 10 years from now a GT3 is a pure EV then these cars are like Swiss watches and there will be a whole generation that would love to feel the drive of a mechanical internal combustion engine. 

During the 996 and 997 era, demand for the GT3 / GT3 RS was not more then what they were producing , around 2000 cars . They even had sometimes difficulties to sell them all . That's why the numbers were low .

With the 991 , the demand has exploded as the car is more drivable , the Carrera's becoming more and more GT , and a general craze about '' getting a car that will not loose value ''  as they refer to the previous generations ( which do not apply anymore to this one ) 

Porsche is just following the demand . So it is not '' their' fault that they are so many of them , but more the consumer's one , specially all these that just buy them to flip or have car that they hardly drive thinking they will not loose any money or even make some .

I would of course prefer a low production, but that is only because I got one smiley

The massive production will probably kill the appeal in a few years , but it will take probably another generation ( 992 ) as people can still hope it will be the '' last NA '' indecision

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

Gnil:

During the 996 and 997 era, demand for the GT3 / GT3 RS was not more then what they were producing , around 2000 cars . They even had sometimes difficulties to sell them all . That's why the numbers were low .

GT3RS 4.0L and GT2RS were sold at huge discount here...collecting dust! this is so true.

With the 991 , the demand has exploded as the car is more drivable , the Carrera's becoming more and more GT , and a general craze about '' getting a car that will not loose value ''  as they refer to the previous generations ( which do not apply anymore to this one ) 

PDK is a huge factor to attract way more people as roughly 50% of the world doesn't know how to drive a manual. Value came later on with inflated economy and ow interest rate return from central banks.

Porsche is just following the demand . So it is not '' their' fault that they are so many of them , but more the consumer's one , specially all these that just buy them to flip or have car that they hardly drive thinking they will not loose any money or even make some .

more than 50% of delivered 2RS are on flip here...and we still have 2 to 3 years old GT3RS with delivery miles collecting dust at third party reseller garages...

Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    Gnil:

GT3RS 4.0L and GT2RS were sold at huge discount here...collecting dust! this is so true.

I was looking at one stage at a second hand 997 4.0 RS , with about 10k km for 180k . I did not go for it at the time Smiley

PDK is a huge factor to attract way more people as roughly 50% of the world doesn't know how to drive a manual. Value came later on with inflated economy and ow interest rate return from central banks.

Probably the start of it 

more than 50% of delivered 2RS are on flip here...and we still have 2 to 3 years old GT3RS with delivery miles collecting dust at third party reseller garages...

Smiley

Here also some delivery miles GT3 RS collecting dust and still asking over list price for them. I wonder how people think  sometimesSmiley

This actually fucks up the market pretty badly ...... loads of collateral damage Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

ZahirD:

Hahah you have taken your dogs for a drive ???

His dogs actually own his cars... Smiley I even think that, sometimes, somewhere, they even drive his cars. Smiley Actually, I'm not sure who is posting the photos, could be his dogs as well. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Sorry I am a bit of a car OCD guy when it comes to my cars. They need to be spotless. My dog goes in my G63 only and that too he never goes on the seats he has his spot on the floor with the AC vent blasting on him which he loves. And I never needed to teach him that he did it from the time he was a puppy. Also I never needed to house train him he knew how to open the front door as a puppy day one and go outside on the grass. He is like his master OCD about things heheheh. Best dog I ever had. That’s his morning spot when I read the papers next to me  F41078EC-600D-45B2-B43A-5C224379A601.jpeg85525BD8-6338-432E-919A-83EE7E57760F.jpeg

My daughter just saw this little fellow and fell in love with him. Cute one... kiss Maybe time to visit Dubai... indecision

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

Gnil:
    the-missile:
    Gnil:

I was looking at one stage at a second hand 997 4.0 RS , with about 10k km for 180k . I did not go for it at the time Smiley

Probably the start of it 

Smiley

Here also some delivery miles GT3 RS collecting dust and still asking over list price for them. I wonder how people think  sometimesSmiley

This actually fucks up the market pretty badly ...... loads of collateral damage Smiley

Here's yesterday's letter from Sky's USA dealer, whom he has bought over 15 cars from - check out these overs:

"We just received our final allocation of GT cars.

I have a changeable GT3 ( Jan production, touring pkg available) , GT3RS ( March production) , and GT2RS ( Jan production). All will be a 2019 model. 

I would point out that the majority of the GT3s built are 2018s, with a handful being built the first of the year as a 2019. 

Prices will be :

Gt3 = +30k
    Gt3rs = +50k
    Gt2rs = +150k

Please let me know as soon as possible if you have an interest.

I apologize if this is a repeat email. We were having server issues and this may have been sent twice.

Sincerely,

Jeff Colman
    Sales Professional
    229 E. Jefferson St.
    Springfield, IL. 62701
    www.isringhausen.com"

Hahah she has competition from my daughter his names Nino called him after Wesley Snipes character Nino Brown who was the gangster in the movie New Jack City. And this Nino is also a gangster if you don’t watch him he runs out of the house and goes for a run around the neighbourhood and I have to drive around looking for him. Then my wife gives him a good talking too and he is punished for an hour. Then he slowly comes into the living room asking for forgiveness. It’s the same routine always and he does it again because at heart he’s a gangster 😂 

Weather here in Dubai is perfect for the next 4 months....come on over, most welcome & we'll at least show you the fastest police cars on the planet 

Yes the weather is perfect. 25 degrees now at night beautiful wind. Just lovely. 

Yas track night just finished.

would be nice to meet and have fun at track. Tons of friends with GT cars as well smiley

toinight, there was a variety of flavors; 2x Senna’s, new RS, .1RS, 997 3 and RS, radicals, Lotus. 

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

...looking forward to the F1 weekend in three weeks... Smiley

ZahirD:

Hahah she has competition from my daughter his names Nino called him after Wesley Snipes character Nino Brown who was the gangster in the movie New Jack City. And this Nino is also a gangster if you don’t watch him he runs out of the house and goes for a run around the neighbourhood and I have to drive around looking for him. Then my wife gives him a good talking too and he is punished for an hour. Then he slowly comes into the living room asking for forgiveness. It’s the same routine always and he does it again because at heart he’s a gangster 😂 

Smiley Smiley

--

Upsa:

Weather here in Dubai is perfect for the next 4 months....come on over, most welcome & we'll at least show you the fastest police cars on the planet 

Sounds great...tempting. Smiley Smiley I like heat though, so I wouldn't mind a slightly higher temperature. Smiley

--

The day time temperatures is 32 so it’s hot enough but not killing with a nice wind and the sea temperature is also perfect 

ZahirD:

The day time temperatures is 32 so it’s hot enough but not killing with a nice wind and the sea temperature is also perfect 

Now that sounds better... Smiley

--

ZahirD:

Sorry I am a bit of a car OCD guy when it comes to my cars. They need to be spotless. My dog goes in my G63 only and that too he never goes on the seats he has his spot on the floor with the AC vent blasting on him which he loves. And I never needed to teach him that he did it from the time he was a puppy. Also I never needed to house train him he knew how to open the front door as a puppy day one and go outside on the grass. He is like his master OCD about things heheheh. Best dog I ever had. That’s his morning spot when I read the papers next to me  F41078EC-600D-45B2-B43A-5C224379A601.jpeg85525BD8-6338-432E-919A-83EE7E57760F.jpeg

My 993 RS Cocker also ;)

IMG_2195.jpeg

--

997 GT3 RS 3.6 - 964 RS - 993 RS -  991 GT3 RS

A friend of ours, he is a gynecologist and does a lot of cosmetic stuff (laser) as well, spends four weeks a year in Dubai to make some extra money (his family goes shopping, he goes working) in a specialized clinic. Very good money for a vacation (luxury hotel accommodation is provided for that period of time), my wife is tempted now as well, so maybe we will do that at some point. If it is possible, not sure she would be needed there (she is a general doctor). Well, she works, I meet with you guys and discuss cars. Smiley Smiley

--

RC:

A friend of ours, he is a gynecologist and does a lot of cosmetic stuff (laser) as well, spends four weeks a year in Dubai to make some extra money (his family goes shopping, he goes working) in a specialized clinic. Very good money for a vacation (luxury hotel accommodation is provided for that period of time), my wife is tempted now as well, so maybe we will do that at some point. If it is possible, not sure she would be needed there (she is a general doctor). Well, she works, I meet with you guys and discuss cars. Smiley 

Excellent idea, but make sure she is licensed with the local health authority. If not she might end up in a very nasty situation which is not worth it. 

tso:
    RC:

A friend of ours, he is a gynecologist and does a lot of cosmetic stuff (laser) as well, spends four weeks a year in Dubai to make some extra money (his family goes shopping, he goes working) in a specialized clinic. Very good money for a vacation (luxury hotel accommodation is provided for that period of time), my wife is tempted now as well, so maybe we will do that at some point. If it is possible, not sure she would be needed there (she is a general doctor). Well, she works, I meet with you guys and discuss cars. Smiley 

Excellent idea, but make sure she is licensed with the local health authority. If not she might end up in a very nasty situation which is not worth it. 

Good question, I don't know if our friend did that (is there some sort of temporary license or something?), will ask. 

--

RC:

Good question, I don't know if our friend did that (is there some sort of temporary license or something?), will ask. 

not just license to practise, but insurance, etc.  Not as easy as you thought.

if something bad happens and a patient wants to sue the doctor, then the location of the court case will become an issue.

when I see out of town patients, I make sure they sign a paper stating that if they will sue me, it has to happen in my city only as I'm not going to travel to their countries.

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S

What a cute cocker is it a female look like from the face. 

ZahirD:

What a cute cocker is it a female look like from the face. 

yes ;) 3 month old. Sorry for the dog moment on rennteam indecision

IMG_1974.jpeg

--

997 GT3 RS 3.6 - 964 RS - 993 RS -  991 GT3 RS

Targa Tim:
    RC:

not just license to practise, but insurance, etc.  Not as easy as you thought.

if something bad happens and a patient wants to sue the doctor, then the location of the court case will become an issue.

when I see out of town patients, I make sure they sign a paper stating that if they will sue me, it has to happen in my city only as I'm not going to travel to their countries.

Talked to him, actually pretty easy, he used an organization for that, he works as a visiting doctor. License took almost a year though (time frame from applying to getting the license). Insurance, etc. is everything taken care of by the clinic he works for. They also pay for his accommodation. Only downside: He needs to declare the extra income in Germany, which is a bit of a bummer but it is still worth it because he only works eight hours a day and the rest is free time to spend with his family (six days per week though).

He claims that there are badly looking for female European doctors because there are lots of Arab and Persian female patients, incl. ones who want "special treatment" (wives of very rich people) and they do not like it (or aren't allowed?) to be treated by male doctors. European doctors have a very good reputation there, especially those from Germany.

There is apparently no income tax, only a small VAT and apparently not for health services. Rental cost is high though if the clinic doesn't provide accommodation.

Sounds interesting but I'm not sure my wife is ready to move to Dubai... Smiley

--

We really liked visiting Dubai but living there is a whole other level. We have very good friends who lived there for several years and they have confirmed our suspicion that “you are just a guest” there. One bad turn and you can be in a heap of troubles coming from very powerful forces who control everything. That said, tey are slowly moving in the right direction.Smiley

What a cutie they are such lovely dogs with such friendly characters. They tend to be fussy eaters so mine needs to have his dry food with wet food mixed or else he will not touch it and then when I have my BBQ nights he gets his steaks and lamb chops :) the smell drives him mad but he waits till he can’t take it no more and then comes nudging me for his part. 

Has anyone heard anything about there being any more GT3 RS being delivered in Europe this year or next year? I have a friend who is desperate to get some good news that his order might turn into an actual allocation. He placed an order with several dealers in Switzerland and in Germany but all are saying there will be no more cars. Can this really be true? Have emissions regulations stopped production of more GT3 RS totally? I thought people were talking about there being some mores cars coming but with a particulate filter which would be better than no more cars even if the power and noise are reduced as a result.

PSG:

Has anyone heard anything about there being any more GT3 RS being delivered in Europe this year or next year? I have a friend who is desperate to get some good news that his order might turn into an actual allocation. He placed an order with several dealers in Switzerland and in Germany but all are saying there will be no more cars. Can this really be true? Have emissions regulations stopped production of more GT3 RS totally? I thought people were talking about there being some mores cars coming but with a particulate filter which would be better than no more cars even if the power and noise are reduced as a result.

No more cars this year...for sure. Smiley

--

Guy on Rennlist claims May 2019 build. Belgian ordered car.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/1033835-991-2-gt3-rs-244.html

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM