Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Rennteam.comball Run

As you can see in the 'Cannonball Run'-related thread, having a Rennteam.comball Run seems to be an interesting idea. So here a few ideas to start digging into that idea more seriously!

• dates: end of june, early july (so that mountain passes are free of snow)
    • duration: 3-7 days
    • roadmap: Germany, Switzerland, Italy, France, Spain, Austria, Benelux (in no specific order)
    • events: visit of factories (Porsche, Ferrari, Maserati, Mercedes, Pagani, you name it), track-sessions (1/2 a day, maybe with an instructor available), go-kart, skydiving (I used to be an instructor...), etc.
    • organization: decentralized - each of a few volunteers would organize a part of the trip (I could for example take care of the swiss part of the trip)
    • costs: registration fee paid in advance (maybe to RC) in order to avoid no-shows. During the trip, everyone pays for his own costs (hotel, fuel, etc)
    • style: relaxed and fun!

Ok guys, these are only suggestions. Please add yours, and we'll for sure come up with something great!

Even if you have no specific suggestion, please raise your hand so that we roughly know how many people would be part of it!

Greetings,
    --Pierre

Re: Rennteam.comball Run

Italy may be a problem for us US types, as much as I would like to pick up my new TT at the factory I will not pay US$ 4,000+ for that privlage, therefore I wqould need to rent a car. Most (if not all) rental car comanies will not rent nice Germany cars if you are going into Itay.

But this sounds like fun.

Sounds nice,

I don't promisse to come. Depends when, where etc. I think this problem the most users in da house will have.
    I would suggest to make one or two track days. This will make for sure more fun and would also be easier to organize so that most of us will appear.
    Maybe if we talk with porsche driving world they would also support us and maybe find some sponsors. Just an idea.

regards
    Avi

Yep, good idea,
    sign me up!
    In order not to piss off Christian, we should call this event with something else that "ball" in it
    Three days sound more resonnable than a whole week for me (limited vacation time )
    But the idea is great, keep me informed
    We should also include great restaurants
    Take care,
    Fanch.

Yes, three days would be better, I'm in.

J.Seven

Don't worry, I don't think we need a week.
    Three days would be OK, some track racing in Hockenheim, some street racing...oops..., some Porsche factory/Weissach visit and some nice restaurants too.
    Francois...there is actually a very nice McDonald's next to the Werk1 in Zuffenhausen...

Yeah euh ok great Christian,
    I'll have a Mac Zauerkraut please
    I'll bring the wine from France though
    Fanch.

A Big Mac deserves nothing less than an 82 Mouton Rotschild!

We have got to include a trip to the Ring in the program.

3 days will be good also for me.
    I'll be glad to partecipate!

count me in!!!

The problem is that the Nordschleife is far away from Stuttgart. And another problem is that it is pretty easy to "rent" the Hockenheim Ring for such an event but it would be pretty difficult to close the Nordschleife for our enjoyment only. Trust me, you don't want to race in your 360 on the Nordschleife next to a VW Golf GTI who doesn't have anything to loose but his pride.

I think this idea sounds great for this summer.

Let's do it!!!
    Seriously!

Quote:
    count me in!!!

me either!

i'd have a roederer cristal rosé with my big mac please

I'll be very glad to participate and I'll bring some decent rosé champagne as well ...

Organisation

Ok guys sounds like a green light to me!
    We have a small group ready to go which is perfect.
    So let's organise ourselves.
    1- Dates? (Before or after the summer vacation, because of the busy roads, so basically, either from May till June or Sept till Oct
    2- Where? (Don't want to sound too patriotic but France would be nice as it is very central with respect to Europe. The Alps have some fantastic roads and Troisgros is not very far away! )
    3- How long? (Week end plus one or two days off would be reasonnable to me, that makes it three or four days total)
    4- General theme? (Track? Tourism? Food? Nice country roads and mountain roads? etc...) Personally, I'm not bothered, I just want to meet up with car enthousiasts and have a great time

Re: Organisation

if it is enf june or july, for me sounds great!

Ok, so who's gonna bring the hot women along?

Quote:
    1- Dates? (Before or after the summer vacation, because of the busy roads, so basically, either from May till June or Sept till Oct

then make it june!

Quote:
    2- Where? (Don't want to sound too patriotic but France would be nice as it is very central with respect to Europe. The Alps have some fantastic roads and Troisgros is not very far away! )

france sounds great for me. switzerland -> italy -> monza (luigi?) should be nice as well i suppose. but as long it's in europe and not gatso-infested ... you guys decide.

i already scheduled a weekend trip (june 26th - june 28th) to the lago di garda with my augsburg based mate (360 spider). well, if you'd like to join in

Quote:
    3- How long? (Week end plus one or two days off would be reasonnable to me, that makes it three or four days total)

weekend + 1 day is perfect. i'll have to add 2 days for the arrival journey and departure. to take off e.g. a friday and monday/tuesday is no problem for me -- a whole week or so is an unachievable dream.

Quote:
    4- General theme? (Track? Tourism? Food? Nice country roads and mountain roads? etc...) Personally, I'm not bothered, I just want to meet up with car enthousiasts and have a great time

my only preference other than meeting rennteamers and their cars is a safe parking lot

we should phone up some guy from evo or car magazine for a decent feature in their mags

Quote:

maybe it's time for www.rennteamgroupies.com

but decent guys, wicked cars... hot girls shouldn't be too far away and rarely are they spawn near such things

and i think whoever has a girlfriend/wife should bring her along if she wants to of course

Would love to participate as well!

However, I've already made plans for a total of three track days. Two in Imola at the end of June (25/26) and one on August 8 in Monza.

If dates don't collide, count me in please.

TIA and BTW, great idea Pierre! Let me know if I can help in any way with organization.

Gregor

Quote:
    Bilal Siddiqui said:

That would be not so difficult....but we need RC and CF Cayennes to fit them in!

Quote:
    but we need RC and CF Cayennes to fit them in!

let's keep our fingers crossed that porsche's 4th model will be something like this... (note the attach)

Well, I will need however some help to fill all the girls in that 4th Model Porsche above! anyone helping me...?

Regarding the trip

I would say, South of France going through the Alps, reaching Geneva, and from there going to the Ring!

If you need another Cayenne for the girls and the wine ... (what a combination and yes, I have the trailer hitch), count me in.

Quote:
    Bilal Siddiqui said:

So, what you're saying is, you can't, because you don't know any?

fritz

If I did, do you really think I'd let you guys have 'em?

sounds like a great time-- i'm interested!

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    but we need RC and CF Cayennes to fit them in!

let's keep our fingers crossed that porsche's 4th model will be something like this... (note the attach)

I can't believe Porsche has gone back to Flag style mirrors. The designers at Porsche have taken the retro thing too far. First it was round headlights and now this? What's next, acceleration better than a Subaru?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689633 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409285 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255774 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235006 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65531 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4649 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858043 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774086 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM