Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Factory Collection Adventure

Many thanks and much appreciated - a factory collection makes the car so much more personal and special

Many thanks for taking the time to document your trip to Germany! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread and of course it helps me relive my own experiences over there myself too. Hope you enjoy your Turbo for many years yet to come.

Congrats - stunning interior - absolutely spot on loving it...!

Quote:
    TT Surgeon said:
    Beauty, what color combo is that?

Thank you and the Interior is Bi-Colour Black / Terracotta with deviated black carpets and Basalt Black Exterior.

The physical car really hangs together well, I am delighted to say

It was a truly wonderful trip made even more special by the great friends who shared the experience.

This is my first black car and whilst I can see the maintenance will be a full time job, the end product is certainly well worth the effort

My pleasure...

I certainly will and keep on taking the long scenice route everywhere I go

Quote:
    dbz said:
    Fabulous photo diary. Great pics.
    Seeing the German number plates got me wondering.Do you have to re-register your car in the UK? or do Porsche do it for you?

Thank you and it has been fun to do with the able help of my old school friend Dreamcar

You are issued with Zol plates from the factory and you have to re-register on your return to the UK which the Porsche Dealership will carry out for you.

The Factory Collection is well worth the extra cost

Great write up..
    Remeber to keep your transit plates, great reminders of the trip when you see them up on the wall.

I also did the Mercedes museum the day prior to my collection and was blown away by the layout, building and content..

garyw

What a great thread. Thanks for taking the time to post all the pics. Looks like you have gone large on the options - all the leather details - fantastic!! Enjoy in good health!

Excellent write up and pictures!

Told already it's such a shame you passed Brugge and didn't visit us (only 20' away!)
    Never ever pass through Belgium without having delicious meal in one of our belgian restaurants!
    And when you want to have your hair done... pass here, i'll give you an aerodynamic porsche-cut!!

here

Outstanding post. I enjoyed your adventure as though I was there. I am loving my '09 TT as well. Enjoy in great health.

Quote:
    beltar said:
    Told already it's such a shame you passed Brugge and didn't visit us (only 20' away!)
    Never ever pass through Belgium without having delicious meal in one of our belgian restaurants!
    And when you want to have your hair done... pass here, i'll give you an aerodynamic porsche-cut!!

here

My fault, sadly, as I had to be at work in Portsmouth 07:00hrs the next morning and didn't want to be late for the Channel Tunnel crossing .

You wouldn't do much for either of our hair, sadly I'm just about threadbare and kinrara isn't far behind.

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    Congratulations on your beautiful new 997TT It's simply stunning - you've really indulged yourself in the options list and it really makes a difference. Great taste

Your trip looks like it was truly unforgettable Just like my own Factory Collection experience nearly 2 years ago. Brings back tons of fond memories Here's a thread of my own trip (which I hope you'll enjoy too):

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat...&PHPSESSID=

Thank you for taking so much time and effort to capture photographically every aspect of your wonderful journey for your own memories and also to share with all of us It's really appreciated. Believe me, I know just how much time and effort it takes to post photo diaries like this I've become quite 'notorious' for them

Guess what? The grey haired gentleman who did your handover in the New Car Collection Hall was the same guy who did mine!! What a coincidence! Do you happen to know his name?

I also loved the photos you posted of the Mercedes Benz Museum - really something special. I hope the new Porsche Museum is as good when it opens soon.

I'm sure you also enjoyed the really delicious lunch in the restaurant in PAG Zuffenhausen.

Looks like the weather was also great for your trip. Plus you had the added benefit of dreamcar's good company for the duration of the trip - since he's already done it before, it must have helped a lot so that you wouldn't miss a thing.

Plus, of course, Porsche-Jeck and his wife are charming and welcoming hosts so I'm sure you all had a great time together. Meeting Paralizer must have been a nice bonus too

Your trip to the Nurburgring was really the icing on the cake Something tells me it won't be your last trip there

All that it remains for me to say is, once again, many congratulations on your amazing new car and your outstanding collection journey. I think it says it all when I say that "you really did it properly"

Cheers,
    Easy

Hi Easy, many thanks for your thoughtful post and I really enjoyed the thread link to your own equally enjoyable and highly informative cherished factory collection experience

Do you think with our obvious enthusiasm we should be retained by Porsche

This is also my first Porsche and coupled with my introduction to the Nurburgring courtesy of Porsche-Jeck, in the convivial company of Dreamcar and Paralizer, it appears I am hooked you are 100% correct in your assumption that I will unquestionably shortly return !

Sadly Dreamcar and I cannot remember the name of the gentleman who was exceptionally professional in dealing with the handover in the Collection Hall too many thoughts at the time I guess and what a small world it is

The Mercedes Benz Museum was captivating and it was interesting to see the stage of construction the new Porsche Museum was at during the time of your own trip in November 2006. It certainly looks well on track to rival Mercedes and raise the ball game level another notch ; yet another good reason to return amongst many others

Both Dreamcar and I thoroughly enjoyed our luncheon at PAG Zuffenhausen and apparently all food on "Collection Day" is calorie free

Dreamcar's prior experience of his own factory collection made the event even more special and I felt with his various in depth passionate pre-factory tour briefings I was attending the Porsche facility for a second time

I was also surprised just how much luggage space was available and would like to take this opportunity of complimenting you on the substantial thought you clearly gave to preparing your own 997S detailed specification. GT Silver and Cocoa is a superb complimentary combination and I thought Porsche-Jeck's Seal Grey with Cocoa was also very striking

It is always a delight to see attention to detail and I can genuinely say that with Dreamcar's assistance, I do not believe the 997TT is missing anything I did not wish to include

Good also to see a rail of terracotta hides in your factory pictures being pulled along by two technicians. Paralizer's favourite colour \

Thanks again to Mr and Mrs Porsche-Jeck as that underground car park sure looks familiar

Sorry you are unable to attend this weekend's Sunday meet and thanks for reminding us all the clocks go back 1 hour which could avert a potential problem

Meantime, I hope to meet you at some point in the future, many thanks once again for all your kind comments and see you on Renteam ......

Quote:
    blueflame said:
    Thank you very much! Great pics - great report.

Blueflame

My pleasure and glad you enjoyed the thread....

Quote:
    racerx said:
    That was fantastic! Thanks a lot for the effort in posting these great shots. It is like being there without the hassle.

I think the highlight of the thread is the Mercedes museum, both the building design and the collection.

Speaking of pic threads Easy, where is CA?

Kinrara,

Many thanks for your comments and I believe the new Porsche Museum will be even better "fingers crossed"- a must visit

A bit off topic, but last Sunday with kinrara....

...and three years ago, same car park, with my previous silver Boxster S,and Rennteamers wtsnet, RichC and ente.

Looks like a rough area mate - someone has stolen the roofs of those cars!!!

Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    Hi Kinrara Seems you try to "beat" Easy-Rider with this giant picture thread

Thanks for the big effort in sorting and posting all the great pics Once the new P-museum will be opened I'll combine a tour with a visit of the MB museum - looks fantastic.
    Your TT looks simply stunning in the flesh - all the perfect little details make it really special
    Special car for a special guy
    Enjoy the beast

Porche-Jeck, I think we should nominate Easy-Rider for a BAFTA award for his first class detailed threads awesome hard work in the preparation, tremendously engaging and fantastically informative

Thanks for all the pics together with your kind remarks and for making the weekend in the company of your wife, Dreamcar and Paralizer such a special experience

Dreamcar and I are meeting some Renteamers tomorrow (997 Board) for a drive in the West Sussex Downs and lunch at Goodwood Road Racing Club.

Best wishes and I am thoroughly enjoying the TT

Quote:
    4trac said:
    Quote:
    TT Surgeon said:
    Beauty, what color combo is that?

Pretty clearly terracotta inside (bi-colour) but exterior not that clear in the few pics that actually include the turbo... my guess is Atlas Gray?

Thanks for your interest and exterior is Basalt Black

Quote:
    Rich C (UK) said:
    Great pics, and a stunning car.. look forward to meeting you and it on Sunday....

Thank you and "DITTO"

Quote:
    Paulo_Rangel_Melo said:
    Great Photos.

A group from the Portuguese Porsche Fans also went to the factory this weekend.

Many thanks and much appreciated

I trust your gorup had a great time - the visit makes the cars even more special

Quote:
    tony2006 said:
    Thank you very much for sharing your adventure! It feels like watching a mini film clip.

Many thanks and highly recommended

Quote:
    JoeRockhead said:
    Well, everything has been said already. One of the best things about this board is viewing the photo journals of the experiences of other enthusiasts. Very much appreciate the effort, Kinara, and I hope you enjoy your beauty for years to come. Thanks for posting.

Many thanks and greatly appreciated I agree, the boards are full of fascinating and informative posts and it is a pleasure being part of such an enthusiastic community

Quote:
    cannga said:
    Great photos, great trip, great report, fantastic and beautiful car!
    I enjoyed very much reading the report; thanks for sharing.

If possible, would you please send full resolution pictures of the 2 Turbo cut-away shots to my email, cannga@pacbell.net ? Thanks in advance.

Hi Cannga many thanks for your kind comments and I am pleased you appreciated the journal

I confirm that I will forward full resolution pictures of the two Turbo cut-away shots to your email at the beginning of next week

Thanks again, enjoy the weekend and cheers for now

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Many thanks for taking the time to document your trip to Germany! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread and of course it helps me relive my own experiences over there myself too. Hope you enjoy your Turbo for many years yet to come.

My pleasure and it is nice to hear when contribution journals are appreciated

A visit certainly adds to the ownership magic

Quote:
    BjoernB said:
    Congrats - stunning interior - absolutely spot on loving it...!

Thank you very much and considerable time and thought went in to the spec, resulting in a physical car that looks quite stunning

Quote:
    garyw said:
    Great write up..
    Remeber to keep your transit plates, great reminders of the trip when you see them up on the wall.

I also did the Mercedes museum the day prior to my collection and was blown away by the layout, building and content..

garyw

Thanks and the Zol plates are currently on my garage wall

The new Porsche Museum will be an exceptional building housing some outstanding displays

Yet another excuse to return...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690515 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409771 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256030 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235280 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65650 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858447 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774732 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM