Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Factory Collection Adventure

Beauty, what color combo is that?

Awesome experience and awesome car, thanks for sharing!

I love more and more black cars, I tend to understand now why some people are crazy about them.

fab report! congrats for your nice turbo!

Excellent report! Enjoy your car!

Fabulous photo diary. Great pics.
    Seeing the German number plates got me wondering.Do you have to re-register your car in the UK? or do Porsche do it for you?

Congratulations on your beautiful new 997TT It's simply stunning - you've really indulged yourself in the options list and it really makes a difference. Great taste

Your trip looks like it was truly unforgettable Just like my own Factory Collection experience nearly 2 years ago. Brings back tons of fond memories Here's a thread of my own trip (which I hope you'll enjoy too):

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat...&PHPSESSID=

Thank you for taking so much time and effort to capture photographically every aspect of your wonderful journey for your own memories and also to share with all of us It's really appreciated. Believe me, I know just how much time and effort it takes to post photo diaries like this I've become quite 'notorious' for them

Guess what? The grey haired gentleman who did your handover in the New Car Collection Hall was the same guy who did mine!! What a coincidence! Do you happen to know his name?

I also loved the photos you posted of the Mercedes Benz Museum - really something special. I hope the new Porsche Museum is as good when it opens soon.

I'm sure you also enjoyed the really delicious lunch in the restaurant in PAG Zuffenhausen.

Looks like the weather was also great for your trip. Plus you had the added benefit of dreamcar's good company for the duration of the trip - since he's already done it before, it must have helped a lot so that you wouldn't miss a thing.

Plus, of course, Porsche-Jeck and his wife are charming and welcoming hosts so I'm sure you all had a great time together. Meeting Paralizer must have been a nice bonus too

Your trip to the Nurburgring was really the icing on the cake Something tells me it won't be your last trip there

All that it remains for me to say is, once again, many congratulations on your amazing new car and your outstanding collection journey. I think it says it all when I say that "you really did it properly"

Cheers,
    Easy

Thank you very much! Great pics - great report.

Blueflame

That was fantastic! Thanks a lot for the effort in posting these great shots. It is like being there without the hassle.

I think the highlight of the thread is the Mercedes museum, both the building design and the collection.

Speaking of pic threads Easy, where is CA?

Kinrara,

@racerx: buddy - it's on its way. I'm planning to post a lot of pics (1016 pics in total) and, at the moment, I'm painstakingly enhancing/adjusting them one by one. A great deal of care and attention is going into this - to do it justice. It takes time to get each photo just right - I don't want them to look artificial - I want them to look exactly how I saw it. I want the end result to be something really special - just for all you guys' pleasure - so that you will all really enjoy it. The USA welcomed me and treated me to a great trip - so it deserves no less than the maximum care and attention I can give it

@Kinrara: sorry - don't mean to distract your thread

Hi Kinrara Seems you try to "beat" Easy-Rider with this giant picture thread

Thanks for the big effort in sorting and posting all the great pics Once the new P-museum will be opened I'll combine a tour with a visit of the MB museum - looks fantastic.
    Your TT looks simply stunning in the flesh - all the perfect little details make it really special
    Special car for a special guy
    Enjoy the beast

Quote:
    TT Surgeon said:
    Beauty, what color combo is that?

Pretty clearly terracotta inside (bi-colour) but exterior not that clear in the few pics that actually include the turbo... my guess is Atlas Gray?

Great pics, and a stunning car.. look forward to meeting you and it on Sunday....

Great Photos.

A group from the Portuguese Porsche Fans also went to the factory this weekend.

Well, yesterday kinrara came over to the New Forest so we could work on this post - but, being a wonderful crisp sunny day we took the opportunity of a quick drive round the Forest. We ended up at the Master Builders House Hotel, Bucklers Hard...

located on the exclusive Beaulieu River, which has the distinction of being the only privately owned river in Britain

Then, over a typically English tea and fruit cake we discussed composing this thread...

We both agreed that our adventure had been absolutely perfect, even with the benefit of hindsight, neither of us could think of any detail we could have changed that would have made it better.

On a personal note, I would like to thank everyone involved with this trip who made it such a memorable event.

Mr and Mrs Porsche-Jeck, who so generously gave up an entire weekend to show us Dusseldorf, the Green Hell with first hand fast-lap experience for all of us in his Boxster S and their companionship at all the evening meals whilst we were in Duseldorf; to Paralizer for his charm, humour, personality and perceptive sense of taste of Porsche interior colours; to Kinrara for allowing me to share this adventure, factory collection and ride home in his magnificent new Turbo, and last but not least to Rennteam.com, without which I would not have met so many like minded enthusiasts and without which this adventure could never have happened.

For all the "Terracrappa" jokes that have been made, and members of the board you can't even come close to imagining how many that is and not just by me , it really was a wonderful weekend. And much as it pains me to say it, the car really is beautiful. I'll deny this if anyone ever tries to use it against me. The pictures truly only tell part of the story and I'm just grateful to have been fortunate enough to have been part of it. Truly a memorable weekend.

All that said I formally wish to start a petition to change Kinrara's name to "Tcrappa."

All in favor say "Aye."

Aren't I just the little sh#t disturber. There's that Yank in me again.

Thank you very much for sharing your adventure! It feels like watching a mini film clip.

Re: Factory Colletion Adventure

Many thanks and glad you enjoyed them

I think an entry should be included in the publication "1,000 Places To See Before You Die" for the Mercedes Benz and new Porsche Museum opening end 2008. You most certainly must combine a visit to both and thank you for your post.

Many thanks and for the track running video at TWS

My pleasure carpe diem

Well, everything has been said already. One of the best things about this board is viewing the photo journals of the experiences of other enthusiasts. Very much appreciate the effort, Kinara, and I hope you enjoy your beauty for years to come. Thanks for posting.

Quote:
    Turbo Al said:
    Great pics, Kinrara,

Once the new Porsche museum is done (? this winter), I plan a visit there in the next year or so.

I understand from our factory tour that the new museum should be completed by end 2008 and if you have not visited "The Ring" that is a must visit / experinece also, especially in the great company of Porsche-Jeck

Great photos, great trip, great report, fantastic and beautiful car!
    I enjoyed very much reading the report; thanks for sharing.

If possible, would you please send full resolution pictures of the 2 Turbo cut-away shots to my email, cannga@pacbell.net ? Thanks in advance.

It certainly was a most memorable and enjoyable trip made all the better thanks to the excellent company of Dreamcar, Mr and Mrs Porsche-Jeck and Paralizer - thank you for your sentiments and enjoy it I will

Quote:
    mex99 said:
    Kinrara,

What a great set of photos - ever since DC said he was going with you to collect the turbo and run the ring I have been waiting to see them.

Can't wait to see the car in person next weekend at the South of UK meet. No upstaging my gen 2 though - OK!!!

Many thanks and I am looking forward to this forthcoming Sunday's meet which should be fun - "fingers-crossed" for good weather. Dreamcar is smitten with ruby red metallic at present. I had the use of a new Carrera S for a few days last week which I really enjoyed.....

Thank you and glad you found them interesting

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690774 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410024 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256130 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235368 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65732 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858695 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774923 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM