Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Ferrari planning redesigned F430, convertible GTB

What credit crunch? Ferrari owners don't care about high gasoline prices or the pretty depressing economy. Most Ferraris that come to the U.S. are sold before they even get here. Take the new Ferrari California for example - Ferrari sold out sold out the entire 2009 and 2010 production $246,724 hard-top convertible before the car made its public debut at the 2008 Paris Motor Show.

So what's next for Ferrari. According to Automotive News, the Italian brand will be adding another limited addition model for a total of five models and will be upgrading and redesigning the current four.

The Ferrari F430 will be redesigned in the second half of next year and will feature a new aluminum chassis, direct-injection engine derived from the California, along with the new 7-speed dual-clutch transmission.

The 599 GTB Fiorano already has a yearlong waiting list. We've already heard that Ferrari is planning a hard-top convertible version of the car for 2010. Power is expected to come from the same 6.0L V12 620-hp engine of the 599 GTB Fiorano coupe.

Ferrari is also said to be planning a replacement for the 612 Scaglietti. The new model will arrive sometime in early 2011.

http://www.egmcartech.com/2008/10/17/fer...ti-replacement/

Re: Ferrari planning redesigned F430, convertible GTB

Makes sense that they would revise the 430 since the replacement has been delayed. It seems that they decided against a convertible scuderia and that the production will not be increased to make room for a convertible model.

Re: Ferrari planning redesigned F430, convertible

5 models, that's more than Porsche

Tupps,

I think they mean the all new F142 when talking about the F430 "redesign". Ferrari don't do facelifts like other manufacturers.

Quote:
    ISUK said:
    Tupps,

I think they mean the all new F142 when talking about the F430 "redesign". Ferrari don't do facelifts like other manufacturers.

they did it for the 612 recently

Quote:
    Italo said:
    Quote:
    ISUK said:
    Tupps,

I also think the "redesigned F430" will be the F142. There are already mules of that car around Maranello. And I can't see a facelifted 612 out there also, the Scaglietti got a new navi and sound system, but basically it's still the same car.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Italo said:
    Quote:
    ISUK said:
    Tupps,

I also think the "redesigned F430" will be the F142. There are already mules of that car around Maranello. And I can't see a facelifted 612 out there also, the Scaglietti got a new navi and sound system, but basically it's still the same car.

The Scaglietti got the Superfast Gearbox and the Manetino this year.

Navi and sound system came last year.

Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Italo said:
    Quote:
    ISUK said:
    Tupps,

So this still is no facelift for me.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Italo said:
    Quote:
    ISUK said:
    Tupps,

okay then tummy tuck

Quote:
    Italo said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Italo said:
    Quote:
    ISUK said:
    Tupps,

okay then tummy tuck

Quote:
    Tupps11 said:
    Makes sense that they would revise the 430 since the replacement has been delayed. It seems that they decided against a convertible scuderia and that the production will not be increased to make room for a convertible model.

Why is the replacement delayed? And for how long if that is known?

Is the article basically saying that the new 430 is a modified F430 instead of the new car that was expected? Or is it using "redesigned" as a way of saying new car?

"The Ferrari F430 will be redesigned in the second half of next year and will feature a new aluminum chassis, direct-injection engine derived from the California, along with the new 7-speed dual-clutch transmission"

the new F142 is a new car. the 430 is an "evolution" of the 360.

Quote:
    rosso nuvola said:

Yes, of course. Gregg (STRADALE) wanted to know, if there will be a redesign of the 430 and if the F142 will be delayed (what I don't expect) or if the new F142 will come in time, what would mean end of next year.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    rosso nuvola said:

Yes, of course. Gregg (STRADALE) wanted to know, if there will be a redesign of the 430 and if the F142 will be delayed (what I don't expect) or if the new F142 will come in time, what would mean end of next year.

Yeah exactly. I was asking based on what was said by Tupps11:

Quote:
    Tupps11 said:
    Makes sense that they would revise the 430 since the replacement has been delayed

The way that sounds is that there will be a revision on the current F430 (which I didnt expect) before the replacement which he says was delayed (which I also didnt hear about)

Based on it: "will feature a new aluminum chassis" If I had to bet on what the article meant by redesign, I'd bet that it means a new car not another modification of the 360,430.

From what I was told by a couple of dealers the F142 launch has been put back from 4th quarter 09 into the second quarter of 2010 though no firm dates have been set AFAIK. They are not aware of plans for any revision of the F430. It certainly wouldn't make much sense to change the current engine in the 430 for the new DFI unit set to appear in the F142 as that would steal the new cars thunder somewhat. I suspect that the marketing department at Maranello are counting on the California to be a hit next year and have calculated that the Scuderia coupe and forthcoming Scuderia spider will provide enough sales to keep the 430 production line busy. The Scuderia spider is due to be revealed to prospective customers at the Ferrari World Finals in Mugello next month I understand.

Quote:
    ISUK said:
    From what I was told by a couple of dealers the F142 launch has been put back from 4th quarter 09 into the second quarter of 2010 though no firm dates have been set AFAIK. They are not aware of plans for any revision of the F430. It certainly wouldn't make much sense to change the current engine in the 430 for the new DFI unit set to appear in the F142 as that would steal the new cars thunder somewhat. I suspect that the marketing department at Maranello are counting on the California to be a hit next year and have calculated that the Scuderia coupe and forthcoming Scuderia spider will provide enough sales to keep the 430 production line busy. The Scuderia spider is due to be revealed to prospective customers at the Ferrari World Finals in Mugello next month I understand.

Convertible scuderia? I hope not.

I was told by my dealer and other members on this board that the 430 replacement car (which will be a completely new car, chassis, engine, and design) has been delayed until mid 2010. This means that the F430 still has some time for minor revisions. One theory being that the scuderia will be released in spyder form. Until we hear anything official, we will never know what the true extent of the revisions to the current F430 will be. But you can definately count on not seeing the new Ferrari car which will replace the 430 (which will be a completely new car, chassis, engine, and design)until mid 2010.

Hope this helps

The Scuderia spider is a definite for production and some people have already been shown the prototype which I'm told looks fantastic. I've been offered a car for early summer '09 but couldn't make it to Mugello for a viewing. The UK list price is going to be around Pounds200k which compares to around Pounds173k for a basic Scuderia coupe. I did a bit of research on how the used market would view this car and didn't get positive responses. In view of the price differential and likely poor residual here I've gone for a new Scuderia coupe instead and picked up a cancelled order which is in build at the factory now and should be with me in 3 or 4 weeks. I've decided to keep my 430 spider alongside it

Quote:
    ISUK said:
    The Scuderia spider is a definite for production and some people have already been shown the prototype which I'm told looks fantastic. I've been offered a car for early summer '09 but couldn't make it to Mugello for a viewing. The UK list price is going to be around Pounds200k which compares to around Pounds173k for a basic Scuderia coupe. I did a bit of research on how the used market would view this car and didn't get positive responses. In view of the price differential and likely poor residual here I've gone for a new Scuderia coupe instead and picked up a cancelled order which is in build at the factory now and should be with me in 3 or 4 weeks. I've decided to keep my 430 spider alongside it

You lucky man. I have a Scuderia on order which wont be delivered until Dec 09. If i didnt already have a toy in my garage to keep me busy, id go insane waiting.

In regards to the scud spyder...thats just disappointing. Not only are they taking away from the scuderia's exclusivity, but the are also turning a hardcore drivers car/track machine into a open top

I quite like the idea of a Scuderia spider...Even better if it does not hold value well...I would get one over a normal 430 Spider any day

Quote:
    Tupps11 said:
    Quote:
    ISUK said:

You lucky man. I have a Scuderia on order which wont be delivered until Dec 09. If i didnt already have a toy in my garage to keep me busy, id go insane waiting.

In regards to the scud spyder...thats just disappointing. Not only are they taking away from the scuderia's exclusivity, but the are also turning a hardcore drivers car/track machine into a open top

Nothing wrong with that... The Carrera GT (Porsche's supercar) is a open top too right?

Quote:
    boytronic said:
    Quote:
    Tupps11 said:
    Quote:
    ISUK said:

Nothing wrong with that... The Carrera GT (Porsche's supercar) is a open top too right?

Exactly. I think it's all a matter of how they do the roof. It shouldn't be as heavy as that of the regular Spider, more of a emergency top for sudden rain.

As far as I'm aware from those who've seen it, the car features the standard folding roof. It supposedly looks fantastic roof down. I don't personally have an issue with an open topped variant but am reluctant to take a hit on residuals when the list price already starts out so much higher than the coupe version. I don't know exact production numbers but 500 has been mentioned and I was told 50 are destined for the UK market. Thus far I've been offered a car by two dealers here so that in itself suggests that the market here is not exactly warming to the idea of this model.

Kurt Thiim told me that (performance wise) the gap between F430 and F430 Spider is negligable. If this is true - why not buy a Scuderia Spider. However, I must admit that I am more a Coupe buyer when it comes to performance cars...

Quote:
    Tupps11 said:You lucky man. I have a Scuderia on order which wont be delivered until Dec 09. If i didnt already have a toy in my garage to keep me busy, id go insane waiting.

I've been lucky twice now Tupps. Walked into the dealer and bought my bianco fuji 430 spider off the floor as it was a cancelled order and now landed on my feet with a Scuderia cancelled order. I couldn't have optioned either car any better if I'd had to spec them myself. On top of that I've had discounts on both Doubt I'll pull that trick off with a California but you never know....

Quote:
    MKSGR said:However, I must admit that I am more a Coupe buyer when it comes to performance cars...

Same here.

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Kurt Thiim told me that (performance wise) the gap between F430 and F430 Spider is negligable. If this is true - why not buy a Scuderia Spider. However, I must admit that I am more a Coupe buyer when it comes to performance cars...

Sorry for my ignorance, but who is Kurt Thiim?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:

Sorry for my ignorance, but who is Kurt Thiim?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

He is a German race driver (DTM etc.)

Quote:
    MKSGR said:

He is a German race driver (DTM etc.)

Actually he is a mad Dane just like Dr Phil
    BTW very nice guy - met him as instructor at a 'Ring trackday (he still drives in the VLN series and the 24h)

Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    Actually he is a mad Dane just like Dr Phil

Is he really that bad?

Just received a bit more info on the scuderia spider. The car is going to have the carbon fibre front (central front wing and headlight surrounds), door sills in carbon fibre, carbon fibre rear diffuser and carbon steering wheel with LED's as part of it's standard spec. That helps explain the significant price hike.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689443 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409148 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255707 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234973 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65517 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4645 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857921 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773962 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM