Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: (Photo Update) Panamera

Quote:
    RC said:
    I had the chance (by mistake of course ) to see a CAD "picture" of the almost final Panamera. What can I say, it looks pretty good (very stylish, didn't expect that from Porsche) but it also looks HUGE and pretty wide. Despite the stylish look, it still looks aggressive but unfortunately also a little bit "japanized" (if this is the word to describe it).

but what about what you said above RC? It is not the same thing as the CAD car you have seen before?

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=364699&an=0&page=0#364699

Quote:
    Moogle said:

At the end of the day the owner will have a bitter taste in their mouth,

Exactly - you name it Moogle! They need to be competetitive

@Neunelf: And yes - I wouldnt buy a Panamera if I couldnt get those gadgets. In this Segment I want to have this things. Be sure that the Panamera will not feel like a 911, it will be more feeling like an M5 or AMG E-Class.

I don't know how you guys feel but I think there have always been more beautiful cars out there, alternatives with more creature comforts, better value for money and of course more exotic choices to make strong statements of individuality.

The 911 grabs you because of the way it makes you feel when you drive it. If the Panamera fails this test it would be a lost cause; the last thing the world needs right now is yet another heavy, high powered limousine pretending to be a sports car.

Quote:
    neunelf said:
    The 911 grabs you because of the way it makes you feel when you drive it. If the Panamera fails this test it would be a lost cause; the last thing the world needs right now is yet another heavy, high powered limousine pretending to be a sports car.

Even the Cayenne feels Porsche-like when you drive it, relative to other fast or even faster SUVs.

I don't think Porsche will have any problem achieving this objective with the Panamera. If anything, it will be much easier.

Look how hard it is to package a SUV/Sedan in a pretty manner, much less make them perform/handle...

The very concepts are not conducive to "beauty" OR performance- thus, it is always an uphill battle to put said qualities into said packages.

Quote:
    The 911 grabs you because of the way it makes you feel when you drive it

Exactly !!! And it is quite reliable after all.

Cheers
    Tom

Only ultimate engineering makes ultimate results

Quote:
    Lars997 said:
    @Rookie,

you are right, for sure my C2S is more powerful than the 535d. Anyway, in normal daily situation, either I'm driving long or short distance, the power of the BMW is more than enough. Overtaking is as easy as gliding. Further, the car has many more features and in the same time comfort and sportiness as it has enough space for shopping, travel and sport. So its a pretty good all rounder.

On the other hand the 911. A fantastic sporty car. Anyway - the power (feeling) is not that strong at all. I think it should be a Turbo to has the WOW-effect. The 911 is rough and noisy. 250 km/h with the BMW feels like 140 with the Porsche. Of course it is crazy how the Porsche delivers the power in high turns and how it goes from 230 to 270. Anyway, this situations are very very rare.

Yes - if I wouldn't love the Porsche I would have one and of course, I would not come to Rennteam every day. The car was my childhood dream and of course a part of the motivation for my hard work in the job. In other words, even with all the disadvantages I love it so strong to put that much money and (more hard) yearly loss on the table.

I hope that Porsche finds back with the technology innovations. It might be that coming closer to VW will help here. Otherwise I had my motivation and will check other brands in the future. As we see, the Italians becoming better and better form year to year

Me too i'm getting concerned about porsches way of evolution.
    I'm driving as afamilycar a A5 3.0tdi with 500nm torque and 240 bhp, This Audi is giving me a fantastic driversfeel which i never had outer my porsches. This daily driver is a fantastic example of how modern cars evolute. It has comfort, power, speed, consumes not a lot and : it's great fun to drive, not looking bat at all too.

For now, my 997S cab has still my heart at its side, but porsche will have to do strong , concerning design, price and performance to make me buy the 991.
    I'm not willing to sacrifice a lot of savings for another small step ahead... Like RC said: the innovation on the FL had to be ther from the beginning in 2004...

Especially since resale value of the 997 is not good at all...

Beautiful car Beltar

I think Audi is making the best looking cars (aside from the TT), along with Aston Martin.

Very good looking car this Audi especially in white!
    Audi move forward very fast in BMW territory.

I haven't been near a 3.0 TDI yet, but judging from the Q7 3.0 TDI the engine must be refined and quiet even at idel

Quote:
    beltar said:
    Like RC said: the innovation on the FL had to be there from the beginning in 2004...

I agree with most comments above. However in regards to the above mentioned aspects, the Panamera will be promising for sure, the performance and handling the heavy Cayenne provides displays their development effort and abilities well. In fact Porsche developed the suspension for VW's counterpart as well. In a track test, the heavy V10 TDI lapped even faster than the 7-series, that it was put up against.

Above mentioned gadgets, such as lane assist, night vision etc. are usually developed by or in conjunction with automotive suppliers. Porsche's marketing department certainly will know about their importance for targeted customer groups.

The 997 could or should have provided the Mk.2's innovations right from the beginning but... who would've still bought a996 then? Their resalve value is, to Porsche's standards, comparatively poor already if one excludes the TT and GT2 models. I assume its a matter of PAG's desolate condition a decade ago and there is no better choice than to look forward...

Hmmm, nice try but this is too high... the area between the rear lights cluster and the exhaust pipes makes it look as tall as a scyscraper... not something I would want for my "sporty family sedan".
    -Joost-

Look how little leg room there is in the back, with the pic of that guy getting out... whats the point in such a big car!

Quote:
    boytronic said:
    Look how little leg room there is in the back, with the pic of that guy getting out... whats the point in such a big car!

The front seat was all the way back because it was full of test and measuring equipment.

i think it will look good. I can already see a techart panamera in front of me

Quote:
    Wild-Speed said:

haha, maybe RUF can do a new yellowbird.. but then call it a yelloweagle

Quote:
    Atzporsche said:
    Quote:
    Wild-Speed said:

Or yellow schwein for that matter... or yellow cow...
    D*mn I am so curious! I still hope that the final design is elegant and sleek, but most evidence (except the much discussed cocoon theory) is hinting at a bulky design *keeps fingers corssed*
    -Joost-

Quote:
    Atzporsche said:
    Quote:
    Wild-Speed said:

"Yellow-albatross?"

Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    Quote:
    RC said:
    I had the chance (by mistake of course ) to see a CAD "picture" of the almost final Panamera. What can I say, it looks pretty good (very stylish, didn't expect that from Porsche) but it also looks HUGE and pretty wide. Despite the stylish look, it still looks aggressive but unfortunately also a little bit "japanized" (if this is the word to describe it).

but what about what you said above RC? It is not the same thing as the CAD car you have seen before?

CAD images are always looking a bit different but the basic shape/front/rear is completely correct.
    It looked good on the monitor, doesn't look that good in reality in my opinion.
    My first post(starting this thread) is from July 2007 btw, I think some people overlooked that.

Have I got it right ? RC you have seen CAD first and now you have seen it in real ??

Ed,
    It often goes wrong when a CAD program tries to show an object with perspective. Also, when it doesn't (it often is a setting in the program), things tend to look very weird.
    If I remember somwhere next week (coming week I won't be anywhere near a CAd station), I'll try to show some examples.
    -Joost-

Quote:
    Joost said:
    Ed,
    It often goes wrong when a CAD program tries to show an object with perspective. Also, when it doesn't (it often is a setting in the program), things tend to look very weird.
    If I remember somwhere next week (coming week I won't be anywhere near a CAd station), I'll try to show some examples.
    -Joost-

I know Joost, because I use a lot some 3D programs and know the view btween the perspective and isometric ones... but because RC has told so many times to have faith that it will be better... and now he scares me a lot!!! Not that I'm going to buy it, more than the Boxster or Cayman it may be too much for me... but I care about this company and the products they make!

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    Quote:
    RC said:

CAD images are always looking a bit different but the basic shape/front/rear is completely correct.
    It looked good on the monitor, doesn't look that good in reality in my opinion.
    My first post(starting this thread) is from July 2007 btw, I think some people overlooked that.

Yes I know it was a long time before... and the computer's images are many times different than reality, anyway, I just know people that work in the design dtp. in some german companies and they have told me that at this moment all that this companies care for is no future no nothing than to make as much money possible at this moment. And it does not matter the history or image as much as the product that sells (see the so many new BMW SUV) so it seems that Porsche is on this path also. So the only hope it is to believe that the Panamera will not be that bad....

The last thursday some dealers saw the Panamera in Germany

US Porsche Dealers get a look at the Panamera end of this month.

Alright so i just spent the weekend in Stutgart just to get away from the small brewing town of Bitburg and take in some automobiles and art in the big city.

First day trying to find out hotel in Vaihingen getting ready to make a left turn onto a small two lane road i noticed something familiar yet not. Turns out it was a Panamera driving right towards me!

First impressions of seeing it "live" is big and ugly. There isn't anything that distinguishes this as a Porsche, at least in my opinion. Doesn't seem very recognizable like how the Lambo Estoque and Aston Rapide are to their brand names. Saw a second one on the way home on the autobahn, this one had the spoiler deployed (up high just like in the pictures posted above, minus camo) but same impressions left on me by the car's design. Both versions were definitely lacking camo, more so than the pics. Sadly my cameras were packed in the bag which was in the rear trunk Oh well it was still cool seeing the mules driving.

Saw some kind of Merc mule too but have no clue what it was, sedan flavor just don't know what.

Quote:
    harryo2b said:
    First impressions of seeing it "live" is big and ugly.

See - I told you!

Quote:
    harryo2b said:
    Alright so i just spent the weekend in Stutgart just to get away from the small brewing town of Bitburg and take in some automobiles and art in the big city.

First day trying to find out hotel in Vaihingen getting ready to make a left turn onto a small two lane road i noticed something familiar yet not. Turns out it was a Panamera driving right towards me!

First impressions of seeing it "live" is big and ugly. There isn't anything that distinguishes this as a Porsche, at least in my opinion. Doesn't seem very recognizable like how the Lambo Estoque and Aston Rapide are to their brand names. Saw a second one on the way home on the autobahn, this one had the spoiler deployed (up high just like in the pictures posted above, minus camo) but same impressions left on me by the car's design. Both versions were definitely lacking camo, more so than the pics. Sadly my cameras were packed in the bag which was in the rear trunk Oh well it was still cool seeing the mules driving.

Saw some kind of Merc mule too but have no clue what it was, sedan flavor just don't know what.

Had you taken a picture, I would have believed you!

Like the chinese say "a picture is worth 1,000 words".

I reserve judgement until I see the finished car in silver.

Quote:
    reginos said:
    Quote:
    harryo2b said:

Had you taken a picture, I would have believed you!

Like the chinese say "a picture is worth 1,000 words".

I reserve judgement until I see the finished car in silver.

Sure anyone is entitled to their own opinion, and a picture wouldn't of done anything anyways because in your mind you are already dead set on having to see it in person to judge for yourself I would be too, and now that i've seen it my opinion is based more on fact and not the internet

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM