Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: USE OF SC WART VOIDS OUR WARRENTY??!

Quote:
    BiTurbo said:
    You do have to understand that the price you're paying has alot to do with the DSG quality and Nissan isn't the best example in giving you Quality and Reliability at the same time.Starting with the exterior

I do have to contest this statement: i owned a 300ZX tt in 1990, had 100k on the counter, never, ever had any problem. This was the less expensive car considering cost after sale.
    Only the brakes weren't up to the job.

That's because Mr. K was in charge

Had a 350Z never any issues, other than the notorious front tire feathering. The GTR may go down as the greatest car that never was. Their trannies blowing up like this is a bunch of crap. If a teen and his Civic's tranny can withstand constant and consistant abuse, year after year, how is it justifiable for the GTR to be so unreliable. Very, very poor. Im sure glad I didnt opt for this car. Your tire pressure is low that voids the warranty on your drivetrain. Sheeeesh.

Re: Do not launch your GTR witth VDC OFF

lol

I guess everyone is missing the point here - lol - IF the new GT-R is a supercar THEN it comes with supercar repair bills - huge lol. That's all folks. You play, you pay.
    Ferrari, Porsche or whatever other company - same story.

Best post on nagtroc forum:

"I hate to be the bearer of bad 'legal' news but this means absolutely nothing.

The problem is that everyone is trying to assume that a warranty covers any and all damage from the use of a product and its capabilities -- such as launch control. This is completely UNTRUE. The advertising and marketing is not false. The car DOES perform 0-60 in under 3.4. But the warranty details specifically state that if you "set up" the car to perform such numbers that the warranty does not protect any damage that occurs. There's nothing wrong with this.

When you bought your GT-R you were agreeing to these warranty stipulations. Again, there's nothing in the history of product law that states a warranty must cover any and all damage that occurs from using a product in any every situation -- including one that involves increased risk and more pressure on the product; such as launch control.

Legally GT-R owners don't have a pot to [beep] in. The VDC issues are clearly stated in the warranty details. No one was forced to agree with them and continue their purchase of the car. They did so willingly. Therefore, it will NOT hold up in court. "

From manual (last line):

WHAT IS NOT COVERED
    DAMAGE, FAILURES OR CORROSION DUE TO
    ACCIDENTS, MISUSE OR ALTERATIONS
    This warranty does not cover damage, failures or corrosion
    resulting from:
    ■ Accident, theft, fi re, driving through water (including
    engine water ingestion) or misuse, which includes, but
    is not limited to, operation in violation of any applicable
    law and racing of any sort whatsoever (Proper use is
    outlined in your OWNER'S MANUAL).
    ■ Alteration, tampering or improper repair, including but
    not limited to adding/replacing chips, reprogramming,
    or attempting to reprogram, alter, or disconnect any
    computer or control unit.
    ■ Operating the vehicle with the Vehicle Dynamic Control
    (VDC) off, except when rocking vehicle when stuck in
    mud or snow (see GT-R Owner's Manual).

Oh dear, so it's not even under warranty if you take it on a track, yet through GPS it knows your on one, therefore de-restricts it...must have misunderstood what it's saying I think...

and racing of any sort whatsoever (Proper use is outlined in your OWNER'S MANUAL).

Wonder what Proper use is?

[edit]

I'm not so sure about all this Black Box issues. Starting to play on my mind. I wonder how far manufacturers will take this. Invasion of privacy perhaps, but you can't supply evidence yourself to convict you I believe...

I thought Japanese cars were supposed to be reliable?

BTW: Who the F#@% gets a GT-R or any "supercar" to drive in snow/mud?

Quote:
    Pentium said:
    BTW: Who the F#@% gets a GT-R or any "supercar" to drive in snow/mud?

Lol, the GT-R is supposed to be a family car.

lol

It's getting better...

And...

Quote:
    Pentium said:
    Best post on nagtroc forum:

"I hate to be the bearer of bad 'legal' news but this means absolutely nothing.

When you bought your GT-R you were agreeing to these warranty stipulations. Again, there's nothing in the history of product law that states a warranty must cover any and all damage that occurs from using a product in any every situation -- including one that involves increased risk and more pressure on the product; such as launch control.

Legally GT-R owners don't have a pot to [beep] in. The VDC issues are clearly stated in the warranty details. No one was forced to agree with them and continue their purchase of the car. They did so willingly. Therefore, it will NOT hold up in court. "

I don't think I have ever read the conditions of warranty before I purchased a car. Nissan is claiming that the car does 0-60 in x amount of time, that it does the 'ring in x amount of time, and then sells you the product. If you try to replicate the very numbers Nissan used to sell you the product and something breaks, you're on your own? I hope the sales teams were told to explain this stuff to customers before they made the purchase. Most dealerships make their profits from service appointments though, so the GT-R should be a real boon to the dealerships!

Also, I wonder how many transmissions Nissan blew up while trying to hit those numbers...

Quote:
    ResB said:
    Oh dear, so it's not even under warranty if you take it on a track, yet through GPS it knows your on one, therefore de-restricts it...must have misunderstood what it's saying I think...

and racing of any sort whatsoever

Hi Rich To be fair: I think "racing" should mean competitive racing (I'm not aware of any sportscar maker providing a warranty covering "real racing"), not trackdays or some occasional Touri-laps at NoS

Also I'm not aware of one single official Nissan statement claiming that the GT-R is a trackworthy car

So if I buy a Porsche and take it to track and then something fails (over revved the engine while downshifting for example), will Porsche cover it under warranty?

Quote:
    Walter said:
    (over revved the engine while downshifting for example),

...just the wrong example, Walter : that's a driver's error (not covered), but mechanical failures will be covered (at least unless you participate in a competitive race series).

My dealership is aware that I track the car quite a lot - they had no probs to offer the warranty prolongation in spite of knowing this

Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    ...just the wrong example, Walter : that's a driver's error (not covered), but mechanical failures will be covered (at least unless you participate in a competitive race series).

My dealership is aware that I track the car quite a lot - they had no probs to offer the warranty prolongation in spite of knowing this

So you can whatever you want with to your car? Let's say you launch your car at 4000rpm on every possible occassion, will Porsche still cover parts from the drivetrain under warranty?

Quote:
    Walter said:
    So you can whatever you want with to your car? Let's say you launch your car at 4000rpm on every possible occassion, will Porsche still cover parts from the drivetrain under warranty?

Launching the car consistently at 4000 rpm would be "abuse" - some common sense will help to understand what's abuse and what's o.k. Bringing your P-car to the track is no abuse per se (unless you get off the starting grid at 4000 rpm ) and I guess the same rule will apply to the GT-R.

Quote:
    Walter said:
    Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:

The only thing you will break on a 997 doing that is the clutch, and like brake pads and tires, that isn't covered by any manufacturer.

Just admit the Nissan sucks and you'll feel better.

Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    Quote:
    ResB said:

and racing of any sort whatsoever

Hi Rich To be fair: I think "racing" should mean competitive racing (I'm not aware of any sportscar maker providing a warranty covering "real racing"), not trackdays or some occasional Touri-laps at NoS

Also I'm not aware of one single official Nissan statement claiming that the GT-R is a trackworthy car

Yeah I know that I was just curious of what the manufacturers definition of "racing" is. There's racing, and there's is "competitive racing".

Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    Launching the car consistently at 4000 rpm would be "abuse" - some common sense will help to understand what's abuse and what's o.k. Bringing your P-car to the track is no abuse per se (unless you get off the starting grid at 4000 rpm ) and I guess the same rule will apply to the GT-R.

I don't go to GT-R forums very often but iirc some owners admitted that they used LC very often.

Check your PMs please.

^^^LOL! I love Photoshop!

LOOOOOOOLLLLL

I drove my standard 997 Carrera, manual, for almost 5 years on some terrible roads (Romania, Eastern Europe) and I abused the car A LOT. On daily base I was changing 1st gear at 6000-7000rpms BUT I was NOT dropping the clutch. Just "progressive input" sort of speech. 65.000 km later sold the car WITH the same clutch.

So abuse like daily 4000rpm clutch drops I believe will destroy ANY transmission of ANY manufacturer. That it's not the issue I have with Nissan. I believe BMW's approach on older SMG transmissions - "no more than 10 launches under warranty" was fair compared with what Nissan did.

PS I have now a Scuderia. It has launch control. I don't have any intention to ever use it. And I start gently in 1st, change anywhere between 4.000 and 6.000 and after that 7.500-8000 2nd, 3rd, etc. No problms yet, almost 4.500km this year including 40 laps (two sessions at Hungaroring).

Quote:
    eclou said:

I have to admit this one made me laugh

Quote:
    And I start gently in 1st, change anywhere between 4.000 and 6.000 and after that 7.500-8000 2nd, 3rd, etc. No problms yet, almost 4.500km this year including 40 laps (two sessions at Hungaroring).

That just goes to show you how technical and tricky these new "line" of clutches are.

If you used that method in the last Gallardo before the LP560-4 V10 XYZ Squared to 5th Power (LOL!) body change, you'd prematurely wear out the clutch and Lambo knew.

The proper method was to always brisky accelerate from a stop.

When I say slow don't think "slipping" the clutch. Just not full force.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    eclou said:

I have to admit this one made me laugh

Me too!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763378 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435869 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260780 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257752 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    81236 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5324 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872754 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808244 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM