Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Japanese F1 Grand Prix at Fuji

Quote:
    bazza said:

that make me hate fia and ferrari more!

i will never buy any of their cars!

until 2011 it is nearly impossible to buy one

AM

PS. Alonso is doing a very good job - he is for sure one of the best if not the best one. Felipe an Lewis are too nervous. Lewis is getting from race to race more in a dead-end road. Look how may of the F1-drivers are unsatisfied with his driving style.

Great race, just as I wanted it to be, stunning performance by Alonso, Kubica heading for the title ego-maniacs and FIA-Protégé at the back. Just beautiful

A superb drive by Alonso, Kubica and a strong drive by Raikkonen.

I think the drive through penalty for Hamilton for his manoeuvre in turn 1 of lap 1 was quite harsh. I think the drive through penalty for Massa was too lenient. He wrecked Hamilton's whole race.

The most farcical decision though was the post-race 25 second penalty for Bourdais. He came out of the pits, stayed on the inside of the track and Massa drove into him. Where was he supposed to go? The stewards just exploited an incident where Bourdais was not to blame in order to engineer a way to give Massa an extra point. I think the pro-Ferrari bias is simply making a mockery of the sport.

As for Hamilton, he may be fast but he just can't handle pressure. Personally, I don't want Massa or Hamilton to win the championship. Unfortunately, it is very likely that one of those two hotheads will win. Alonso has been the standout driver at Fuji and is the best all-round driver in F1 IMHO. Kubica is also simply superb. It's sad that the next F1 Driver's Champion is not the best driver on the grid.

Kubica and Alonso are the best drivers out there and very good friends, personally I was hoping to see them together in one team par exemple in BMW, that would be awesome.
    But hey, maybe one day.
    As for the 08 title, let's wait and see

So let me get this straight:

- Lewis cuts the chicane, caused no accident = 25 second penalty (Belgium)

- Massa cuts the chicane, spins Lewis out and ruins his race = Drive thru penalty?

- Lewis gets caught up in the same race start dash for turn 1, free for all, scrum that happens every single race = Drive thru penalty

- Massa cuts down over Bourdais on the inside line as he was rejoining the race = 25 second penalty for Bourdais?

Sure, the FIA is very even handed and fair.

Amazing.

I lost a lot of respect for Hamilton today.

All he had to do was stay ahead of Massa...surely he could understand that. If not, surely he would have been advised pre-race.

He literally ruined what could have been the best dry race of the season.

Re: It's sooo ridiculos

Quote:
    Lord_Driftalot said:

And the FIA again takes wrong decisions to penalise both drivers with the same drive through penalty?!
    What is wrong in this association?

Nothing, they are doing great job. Don't forget they are "Ferrari international association"

On one side FIA wants more action and on other side they are giving penalties for everything... ofcourse only when McLaren is involed. Start was aggressive, but he didn't crash into no one, so this penalty is foolish.

Hamilton can't win championship. When he win a race FIA took victory away, he recives penalty for things that was never penalised, so he is figthing against faster Ferrari and FIA.

BTW: Great drive by Alonso today

Alonso is the best driver, and kubica the 2nd one.. hamilton is too nervous today and i think he will be fail again this year

Good Luck Ron Dennis

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Suddenly Kubica is in play, although his chances are slim.
    It would be a perfect way to end the season, if we saw him as WC instead of the midget or the mega-egomaniac.

It's not over yet, if Massa and Hamilton continue to make those silly moves... Both of them and Raikkonen were far from what I'd expect from contenders of the F1 championship.

Quote:
    John H said:
    I lost a lot of respect for Hamilton today.

All he had to do was stay ahead of Massa...surely he could understand that. If not, surely he would have been advised pre-race.

He literally ruined what could have been the best dry race of the season.

Hamilton WAS ahead of Massa. Massa decided to cut the chicane and bash into him when he re-enter the track after mowing the lawn.

Quote:
    Shakal said:
    Hamilton can't win championship.

If Golden Boy loses the WDC, the only reason will be his own stupidity. And he deserves to lose it again, of course.

Edit: It's interesting to see that the Chosen One lost more positions when he made a mistake staying behind Alonso that during his dangerous manouvers at the start of the race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xq5Q07SOxs

Interesting footage. TWICE Hamilton is going of the track within the first few turns, so it's safe to say that he was over-optimistic or way too aggressive (depending on you POV).

Quote:
    Heist said:
    So let me get this straight:

- Lewis cuts the chicane, caused no accident = 25 second penalty (Belgium)

- Massa cuts the chicane, spins Lewis out and ruins his race = Drive thru penalty?

- Lewis gets caught up in the same race start dash for turn 1, free for all, scrum that happens every single race = Drive thru penalty

- Massa cuts down over Bourdais on the inside line as he was rejoining the race = 25 second penalty for Bourdais?

Sure, the FIA is very even handed and fair.

Amazing.

I happened to see the race today and I agree.

Nelson jr. made dad proud today with a very solid drive.

I really find that Kovalainen forgot the racing and just concentrated on the red car to much way to much..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIZz4xIqipk

and here we can se how the tires from Ham , are ruined already..

If Massa wins the victory will be as tainted as Mugabe's presidentship. Throughout the season FIA have ruled everything to the favor of helping Ferrari and Massa, while punishing Hamilton and Mclaren in the process.

Right about now the difference in points between Hamilton and Massa should have been 15-20 points more than what it is right now.

As much as I love F1 this season has really disgusted me and I'm even considering to stop watching it. FIA have done everything in their power to make Hamilton's path to victory an uphill battle. I can give you guys a long list of events.

well... i think that hamilton is doing quite much himself to loose this championship.
    It depends if you wanto to win races ora championships???
    Hamilton prefers races..that is clear!!! forget all FIA invasive judgements..yesterday he could have been 2? 3? and massa back! and what can massa do with 10 /11 ponits gap??? nothing if not trying to win and hamilton trying to get 2 or 3!!!
    this is the reality.

Quote:
    xander71 said:
    well... i think that hamilton is doing quite much himself to loose this championship.
    It depends if you wanto to win races ora championships???
    Hamilton prefers races..that is clear!!! forget all FIA invasive judgements..yesterday he could have been 2? 3? and massa back! and what can massa do with 10 /11 ponits gap??? nothing if not trying to win and hamilton trying to get 2 or 3!!!
    this is the reality.

That it also 100% true. He should think about championship and not only about a race. For yesterday his aim should be do finnish in front of Massa and he could easily to that after qualifications when he took pole position and Massa was only fifth...

Quote:
    xander71 said:

Maybe Lewis did have yesterday even luck. Look at his front tires after his first-corner-breaking. The tires were nearly destroyed. Without the Massa-rodeo he would get in serious troubles with theses tires.

But this are just my speculations.

AM

Quote:
    rosso nuvola said:
    I really find that Kovalainen forgot the racing and just concentrated on the red car to much way to much..

and here we can se how the tires from Ham , are ruined already..

the first video is the same of the second one..could you post the correct one?thanks

Watch this video (specialy the very last part, Massa - Bourdais , camera in Massa car)

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/10/8530.html

@andrea http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSH-fyG9Nfs

guess i was wrong when i said massa did a mistake when he colide with Bourdais he didn't even see him....

Yes , it was Bourdais wrong / hyped decission to push when Massa pass him already .

Quote:
    rosso nuvola said:
    @andrea http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSH-fyG9Nfs

guess i was wrong when i said massa did a mistake when he colide with Bourdais he didn't even see him....

grazie

He may not have seen him, but still can't see how it's Bourdais fault, there was no where else for him to go. It ought to have been left as a racing incident. Still a little baffled why Massa taking his main rival for the championship out is a drive through rather than a 10 seconds stop penalty, but I have ceased to worry about the logic of such things. Not sure I care if Hamilton wins the championship, but I do think it would tarnish F1 if Massa did. It's not unfeasible for Kubica to win it, if the other two take each other off in the remaining races.

Quote:
    Thoma said:
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/formula_1/article4958066.ece

Interesting reading. Thanks

You only have to read the comments to the article to realise what the writer (Ed Gorman, he has no idea about F1 but he's great manipulating things) wanted to achieve. To make Golden Boy look like a victim and excite the lower insticts of his fanatic readers.

Gangajas, I felt it was a pretty straightforward observation, and probably true.
    Many drivers dont like LH, and much like MS he seems to have his own set of rules when it comes to what you can and cannot do on a track, and combined with a huge ego that makes for a sour cocktail that his opponents dont seem to like a lot.

I agree with gangajas, i always said the the spanish press was way to much biased towards Alonso, but since the industrial spionage case from last year , when the UK press acted like a Maclaren PR departement , i think that there is nothing more unreliable than the UK press they completely loose the common sense...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    752797 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430453 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258465 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255392 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5248 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868062 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801648 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM