Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Rennteam Meet Somewhere in the South of England

We have a meet planned, venue yet to be agreed, in the South of England on Sunday 26th October. Currently we have cdixon (Bath), Clewsey (Sandhurst), kinrara (Chichester) mex99 (Wiltshire), and yours truly (Southampton). All except me are celebrating being new 997 Owners. Any more takers?

Re: Rennteam Meet Somewhere in the South of England

wish i could join you all but Im based in the North of England

Quote:
    spluff said:
    wish i could join you all but Im based in the North of England

Me too. You guys should try to travel north once in a while where there are proper roads. It'll be good for you. The beer is stronger though so be careful.

[edit]

My sister lives in Portsmouth, how far would this be from any meeting?

Quote:
    ResB said:
    You guys should try to travel north once in a while where there are proper roads. It'll be good for you. The beer is stronger tho so be careful.

I know. Just had two weeks in the Yorkshire Dales. This is the Buttertubs Pass More holiday pics of Yorkshire on the Off Topics Board when I get a chance.

Quote:
    ResB said:

I live in Southampton and work in Portsmouth (Navy Base). Kinrara lives about 15 miles away in Chichester. Not sure where we are going to meet, just yet, but I'm sure she would be welcome to join in. .

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Quote:
    ResB said:

I live in Southampton and work in Portsmouth (Navy Base). Kinrara lives about 15 miles away in Chichester. Not sure where we are going to meet, just yet, but I'm sure she would be welcome to join in. .

Hehe, I'm sure she would.

She keeps going on for me to visit, but I don't think she has a garage, so it would be a long day...

I'm gonna be taking delivery of my 911.2 in 2/3 weeks so potentially interested if I get it in time

Why don't we in the North stage our own meeting?

Re: Rennteam Meet Somewhere in the South of Englan

Can't wait guys - all those lovely cars....

Quote:
    John H said:

We tried and failed before I think We need to hire a 2 mile straight from somewhere... THEN ppl will come

Quote:
    mex99 said:

Looks like we may also have RichC (AMV8) and wtsnet (Boxster S). All we need to do now is come up with venue, perhaps some driving roads etc. The Sussex Downs have some, there is a good place to eat (Kennels@Goodwood) http://www.goodwood.co.uk/site/content/thekennels/default.aspx but maybe that's a tad unfair for the guys out west in Bath etc. However ResB is right we can't rival Yorkshire for roads.

Might be interested depending on a) where b) the Mrs confirming whether we are already booked up that weekend

(I am Reading area)

Quote:
    ResB said:
    We need to hire a 2 mile straight from somewhere... THEN ppl will come

Two mile straight? With roads like you've got in North Yorkshire? Aren't these rear engined contraptions any good on challenging roads then?

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Quote:
    ResB said:
    We need to hire a 2 mile straight from somewhere... THEN ppl will come

Two mile straight? With roads like you've got in North Yorkshire? Aren't these rear engined contraptions any good on challenging roads then?

Yeah course they are, but for those that have not really experienced the limits of their Porka, AMV8 etc etc then it would be a great opportunity to eat up some tarmac, in a safe controlled environment of course.

Or

Come on a Nurburgring extravaganza one year.

Quote:
    mex99 said:

Any suggestions on where we are going to meet up guys? If you want to go with my idea (Hampshire / West Sussex) I will need to book up at The Kennels pretty shortly. Then next time us guys in the South East could head nearer Wiltshire / Bath? Kinrara and myself are off to Stuttgart next week (depart on 9th)_to collect his car from the factory, back home on 13th, so we'll be off line for that period.

Kennels looks nice and I do not mind the drive across after all that is why we have the cars!!

Do they accept non members - will I have to pretend to be posh!!!

I am affraid i will have to drop out on the 26th guys...

My wife has just reminded me that we have relatives over from Canada !!!

Sorry about that, but i will make the next one....

Quote:
    ResB said:
    Quote:
    John H said:

We tried and failed before I think We need to hire a 2 mile straight from somewhere... THEN ppl will come

I'd prefer stuff like the A537 'Cat & Fiddle' road to 2 mile straights any day... so long as you're not on a bike!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7480693.stm

Your idea seems good to me, like it round that area.

Cheers!

Quote:
    mex99 said:
    Kennels looks nice and I do not mind the drive across after all that is why we have the cars!!

Do they accept non members - will I have to pretend to be posh!!!

It is members only but each member can bring up to seven guests. Kinrara and me are both members so no problem. Dress is smart casual for lunch.

All looks very civilized - and safe parking!!!

Chris - shame you can't make - PM me and we'll do a beer in Bath instead some time soon.

If them that's coming can either reply here or PM me including whether Significant Others are coming, I will book up the Kennels. Arrangements for meeting up, drive before / after etc we can then arrange from there. Bearing in mind the numbers coming I'd like to book The Kennels sooner rather than later, if possible.

Count me in - just me though - wifey home looking after the kids.

Quote:
    mex99 said:
    Count me in - just me though - wifey home looking after the kids.

Count me in for two people please. Will be good to meet up with you all.

Cheers,
    Simon

Does any rennteamer live near Chester, England?

Quote:
    racerx said:

You're going to hate this...but, yes I do. Why do you ask?

Quote:
    John H said:
    Quote:
    racerx said:

lol. I was kinda thinking that would be my answer. i really was.

Anyways, I really enjoy the threads like dreamcars trip, R8MKN's lambo/london pics, emperor's harrods thread, and of course easy's. Thats was part of my beef in ot. These threads are unique to rennteam whereas the other stuff - babes and such are all over the net and that's good.

I am a big fan of the english countryside, have been there a couple of times (southern england) and will be again. I have always wanted to visit Chester because at least in the very few pics i have seen it is incredible. If you or a group of rennteamers would take some shots there of the city and your car(s) it would be appreciated. Also tell the un-informed about the area.

Many pics, of the unique or interesting things only a local would know with a cool car in the mix and a babe or two is what I like to see here on rennteam. Certain parts of the world are just much better looking than others and sometimes the residents there may become jaded and not realize it.

an example of Chester, take a photo here on a blue sky day with porsches in the foreground;
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Chester_-_Shops_in_city_centre_-_2005-10-09.jpg

Quote:
    racerx said:
    Quote:
    John H said:
    Quote:
    racerx said:

lol. I was kinda thinking that would be my answer. i really was.

Anyways, I really enjoy the threads like dreamcars trip, R8MKN's lambo/london pics, emperor's harrods thread, and of course easy's. Thats was part of my beef in ot. These threads are unique to rennteam whereas the other stuff - babes and such are all over the net and that's good.

I am a big fan of the english countryside, have been there a couple of times (southern england) and will be again. I have always wanted to visit Chester because at least in the very few pics i have seen it is incredible. If you or a group of rennteamers would take some shots there of the city and your car(s) it would be appreciated. Also tell the un-informed about the area.

Many pics, of the unique or interesting things only a local would know with a cool car in the mix and a babe or two is what I like to see here on rennteam. Certain parts of the world are just much better looking than others and sometimes the residents there may become jaded and not realize it.

an example of Chester, take a photo here on a blue sky day with porsches in the foreground;
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Chester_-_Shops_in_city_centre_-_2005-10-09.jpg

Hi Racerx,

I think we were probably both having bad days when we had our squabble on OT. Anyways, nice to be on terms again.

The part of Chester in your link is called "The Cross" and leads from Watergate Street onto the main city centre roads Eastgate Street and Foregate Street.

It is now fully pedestrianised, so taking photos with cars in them could prove difficult. Nevertheless, I have some good contacts on the Council so, with a little persuasion that it will be good for tourism, I'll give it a go...

One problem is I don't know any other Rennteamers who live in Cheshire, but a friend's wife has a Boxster so with my 997S that's a start.

Other parts of Chester should prove easier to negotiate, so will treat this as a project and see where it gets us.

As a starter, a friend of mine called Steve Howe has produced a brilliant independant web-site of Chester which you may find interesting....link - http://www.chesterwalls.info/chester.html

Part-way down the index on the left is a link to 'Tower Wharf'. In that you'll find another link to one of my entertainment venues, in Chester, called 'Telford's Warehouse'....these premises were the original warehousing facilities of Thomas Telford when engaged in the building of the Shropshire Union Canal.

I could go on, but will start the 'project' as soon as possible and let you know how it's going.

Please take a good look at Steve's site...it's the best part of a lifetime's work.

Quote:
    John H said:

As a starter, a friend of mine called Steve Howe has produced a brilliant independant web-site of Chester which you may find interesting....link - http://www.chesterwalls.info/chester.html

Part-way down the index on the left is a link to 'Tower Wharf'. In that you'll find another link to one of my entertainment venues, in Chester, called 'Telford's Warehouse'....these premises were the original warehousing facilities of Thomas Telford when engaged in the building of the Shropshire Union Canal.

I could go on, but will start the 'project' as soon as possible and let you know how it's going.

Please take a good look at Steve's site...it's the best part of a lifetime's work.

I was already on that site after a search of my own. Now i have a window open on Telfords Warehouse. I like the pic of the bar, nice lighting.

My experience is that british websites don't have enough pictures, current well taken shots. Even at the government sites that deal with tourist attractions. I don't know why, it is such a pcturesque country.

Because of that I can't tell if that great architecture in the section called The Cross continues through-out the city. I will look forward to any postings on the subject.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691006 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410144 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256201 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235408 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65744 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858796 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775107 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM