Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Singapore F1 Grand Prix

Alonso has the lead.
    I wonder how his car is going to fail this time.

Kimi is moron of the year...

A win for karma :-)

Quote:
    Whoopsy said:
    Quote:
    ResB said:
    Quote:
    However, there was bitter disappointment for Fernando Alonso, who had looked very fast in three practive sessions but must start from 15th on the grid.

The Spaniard's Renault cut out midway through the second qualifying session leaving Alonso with little alternative but to abandon the car.

"The race is lost. You can't overtake here and I'm starting from 15th, so I will be going out just to lap the track, but it's over already," he said.

What a defeatist. It ain't over till it's over he should know that.

Typical for Alonso, he has no talent/skill worthy of a Champion, he can only win with superior car or position, he is just making his pre-race excuses for not winning the GP. Somehow he thinks the whole world is against him and it will NEVER be his fault for not winning, it will either be the car, the engine, the opposition, the weather, the sun's position, the moon phase or any combinations of the above's fault.

Alonso won. Truly fantastic drive by him!

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    I have a feeling today's race will see a lot of collisions into walls and into each other. It's a very bumpy track in places which will make things unpredictable. Alonso should be more optimistic and positive - if he stays out of trouble, he could actually rise quite high up by the end of the race.

Good prediction.

Excellent for Alonso.
    Good for Hamilton.
    Really bad for Kimi.

Quote:
    Whoopsy said:
    Quote:
    ResB said:
    Quote:
    However, there was bitter disappointment for Fernando Alonso, who had looked very fast in three practive sessions but must start from 15th on the grid.

The Spaniard's Renault cut out midway through the second qualifying session leaving Alonso with little alternative but to abandon the car.

"The race is lost. You can't overtake here and I'm starting from 15th, so I will be going out just to lap the track, but it's over already," he said.

Typical for Alonso, he has no talent/skill worthy of a Champion, he can only win with superior car or position, he is just making his pre-race excuses for not winning the GP. Somehow he thinks the whole world is against him and it will NEVER be his fault for not winning, it will either be the car, the engine, the opposition, the weather, the sun's position, the moon phase or any combinations of the above's fault.

Again a highly unpredictable race where everything got turned upside down.
    I dont know what the hell they are eating at Ferrari but things just get worse and worse with each GP.
    They have lost points and GPs due to their lame lollipop system, and still they keep using it. That's just plain retarded.
    I'd like to know if the system failed or if Massa did. The Danish TV commentators suggested Massa was at fault. Anyone with facts on this?

Kimi plain pushed too hard in an attempt to gain a position. Had he not fecked up the last race the same way and before that not scoered in 3 races, I'd have said that it was just bad luck or "one of those things that happen in racing".
    However, Kimi is now in all likelihood gone from the 2008 championship and should start looking for a new dayjob.
    He may be the fastest driver around (35 fastest laps say he is), but you dont win GPs by driving 5 fast laps and then hitting the wall 4 laps from the end.
    It may all be bad luck, cold tires, less than perfect setup and many other things that kep him from winning or even finishing, but I am sure Ferrari are looking at the bottom line and not at a driver's potential and wins that could have been "if only...".

Whoever fecked up that pitstop and whatever happened with Kimi Ferrari have some serious soulsearching and troubleshooting ahead of them.

Hamilton of course gained from all this. Not an impressive race, but who needs it when your closest competitors FUBAR their own chances.

Alonso's win was a strange one in a strange race. He won fair and square - except for the fact that he was pitting during the Safety Car, and everyone else who pitted in the same period got penalized. Not him.
    Somebody please tell me why not?
    Even Renault themselves told him over the radio, that they expected a Stop & Go penalty.

Unless Renault plan on every race being as chaotic as this, I dont see them getting close to the podium or 1st place again this season, but nice to see a new team at the top.

I really dont know who to hope for as new champion.
    Massa and Hamilton are both douchebags who dont deserve a championship title, and Kubica still needs to do something exceptional to get my attention.
    Vettel, Rosberg and some of thos young guns will probably be fun to watch as they mature, but other than that, I dunno...
    Who are you guys betting on for the future?

Quote:
    Enzo911 said:
    Quote:
    Whoopsy said:
    Quote:
    ResB said:
    Quote:

Whoopsy is 100% correct.
    Alonso is the undisputerd girlieman and crybaby of F1.
    He should stick to driving and building his team instead. He has a great talent and can drive his ass off when he focusses, but as a person he truly needs a new ECU or at least a serious overhaul.

I lost all interest in the Drivers' Championship, since it is practically between those two!

I hope though that Mclaren win something after all after so many years of trials and tribulations in spite of some good cars. So, I hope they win the costructors' title, for what is worth.

Once again I stand correct, Alonso cannot win without luck and help He really should thank NP Jr, if not for him, he would not have won. He also show how much of a spoiled brat and lack of immaturity in him in the post race ceremony, Hamilton gave him a pat on the back for a job well done, he simply ignores him and pretends nothing happened.

Quote:
    Whoopsy said:
    Once again I stand correct, Alonso cannot win without luck and help He really should thank NP Jr, if not for him, he would not have won. He also show how much of a spoiled brat and lack of immaturity in him in the post race ceremony, Hamilton gave him a pat on the back for a job well done, he simply ignores him and pretends nothing happened.

I think that we dont know half of what's been going on between Hamilton and Alonso - Alonos may be immature, but I am equally sure that Hamilton does whatever it takes to appear politically correct and "nice", but underneath the surface I am convinced that he is very focussed on what serves HIM better, be it on the track or outside.
    I think Alonso hates Hamilton's guts, he just sucks at playing the PR game, and Hamilton is like a fish in the water when it comes to appearing "nice".
    Except when his polished surface cracks and the ego-monster comes out and tells everyone that he is the best driver in the world, Kimi has bo balls and what else he has told the press

Massa clearly the strongest out on the track , till the safe car..

Whats going on with Kimi , it seems he just does not give a toss..Surely its a interest and stamina issue....

Quote:
    throt said:
    Whats going on with Kimi , it seems he just does not give a toss..Surely its a interest and stamina issue....

Kimi is the only active driver in 2008 F1 that has been with a top team challenging for the championship for 7 years, finishing twice 2nd and winning the title last year.

Any sportsman's resources would be depleted after so many years of effort at the very top of their sport.

So IMO we must view Kimi rather leniently.There was only one Michael Schumacher you know, with the physical stamina and focus to challenge relentlessly for 13 seasons!!

Kimi is such a moron...

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Quote:
    Whoopsy said:
    Quote:
    ResB said:
    Quote:

Alonso won. Truly fantastic drive by him!

He just looks a t##t now. lol

According to italian tv (with Jean Alesi and Cesare Fiorio - former director of Ferrari)was not a mistake made by Massa as he started when the green light flashed but due to a malfunctioning of the equipment

Yes on the replays it clearly showed a green light before Massa headed out of the box. Not his fault.

It is rather interesting that he incurred a drive through penalty when he came out in Sutil's path in a race which was already lost, yet had a $10k fine in Valencia for the same offence when he was leading. Not saying it's a conspiracy but it does raise eyebrows when such inconsistencies occur.

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Alonso's win was a strange one in a strange race. He won fair and square - except for the fact that he was pitting during the Safety Car, and everyone else who pitted in the same period got penalized. Not him.
    Somebody please tell me why not?
    Even Renault themselves told him over the radio, that they expected a Stop & Go penalty.

Unless Renault plan on every race being as chaotic as this, I dont see them getting close to the podium or 1st place again this season, but nice to see a new team at the top.

Alonso pitted and then Piquet had his accident.

Alonso was fastest in practice 2 and 3. He had the 2nd fastest lap of the race and after the second SC phase (which ruined his 17 seconds lead over Rosberg) he was 2,5 seconds per lap quicker than Rosberg.

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Quote:
    Whoopsy said:

I think that we dont know half of what's been going on between Hamilton and Alonso - Alonos may be immature, but I am equally sure that Hamilton does whatever it takes to appear politically correct and "nice", but underneath the surface I am convinced that he is very focussed on what serves HIM better, be it on the track or outside.
    I think Alonso hates Hamilton's guts, he just sucks at playing the PR game, and Hamilton is like a fish in the water when it comes to appearing "nice".
    Except when his polished surface cracks and the ego-monster comes out and tells everyone that he is the best driver in the world, Kimi has bo balls and what else he has told the press

Totally agree to that Dr.Phill! Hamilton is as false and hypocrite as it can be in this world!

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Quote:
    Whoopsy said:

I am equally sure that Hamilton does whatever it takes to appear politically correct and "nice", but underneath the surface I am convinced that he is very focussed on what serves HIM better, be it on the track

If that's what you believe then let the be the first to welcome you to the world F1 racing. Every single driver battling at the top only cares about winning and that is the epitome of becoming an F1 driving. Alonso and Shumi had no different mentality than Hamilton, all that's on their minds is winning, all three have ego's bigger than medicine ball. That's what makes all three of them such great drivers.

After escaping severe penalty in Valencia and Monza I can't wait to see what stunts FIA are going to cook up in order to help Ferrari and Massa regain the lead. What a bunch of dorks.

Hamilton showed maturity on the track also , settling for the third spot...Learnt from last season , playing the averages correctly...

Quote:
    Whoopsy said:

........the things we have to read!!!!!!!

Poor Hamilton.... if Alonso signs one day with Ferrari.

And Hami in red

Add::Alex , Hamilton would welcome the challenge because he proved his the better driver already...Rattled Alonso last season ,, clearly..

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    Quote:
    Whoopsy said:
    Poor Hamilton.... if Alonso signs one day with Ferrari.

It wouldn't change a thing since when he was at Maclren both him and Hamilton had the best car available, so they've already gone head to head. And this year Mclaren has the best engine with a very competitive car that's better than the F2008 in wet.

Quote:

Alonso after Hamilton gets penalized in Spa:

"We cannot forget that these escape roads are just in case, just for safety.

"We need to think that every time a guy goes on this extra asphalt, maybe there was a wall there before; if there was a wall Lewis would have crashed there.

"So he needed to step down, to do the chicane properly, and try to overtake in the next two or three corners or the next lap.

"I agree with the stewards this time - sometimes not, but this time yes."

Funny how hypocritical Alonso feed the press with all sorts of speeches about cutting chicanes after Hamilton was penalized by FIA. But yet in Singapore he cuts the cane in the first corner of the opening lap in Singapore and gains three positions without receiving any penalty.

It's pretty clear that FIA are trying everything they can to help Ferrari this season while penalizing Mclaren for every reason they get. Just look at how heidfeld just fot a three position gird demotion for blocking someone during qualification while Hamilton and Heikki got demoted 5 positions earlier this season.

Emperor,

As long as you believe (correctly perhaps) that the FIA favor Ferrari, then won't that make a McLaren constructor's championship and a Hamilton driver's championship all the sweeter?
    I'm not exactly hoping for it, but I do see it coming.

Very good and interesting race. This is the first race in a long time I didn't take a little 15 min nap during, and watched end to end.

Piquet unfortunate crash really threw everyone's strategy out the window.

Think the stewards need to review the No Fuel when Safety Car is out rule. Maybe an exception made for those teams who can prove they were below x litres on fuel and absolutely must pit or be stranded. If they can't prove by way of fuel load, 10 place penalty the following race or a automatic deduction of any points won that race.

Kimi - Kimi - Kimi ... what are you doing boy?! You crashed out again late in the race when you clearly had a points paying position locked up. Everyone knew not to use the curb in that complex!

My heart goes out to Sutil, who drove another excellent race with 3rd tier machine and came around a corner only to find Massa PERPENDICULAR and PULLING OUT IN FRONT OF HIM!

Congrats to Alonso. Not my favorite driver, especially after his temper tanturm and bitching with Hamilton last year - but it seems a spat of non-podiums with a 2nd tier team has taught him some humility.

Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari (15th):
    "I was trying to attack Glock in case he might make a mistake, but I went slightly wide at the chicane, jumping over the kerb and when the car landed, I lost control and ended up in the barriers. My situation in the championship was already rather compromised, so this doesn't really make that much difference but I am unhappy because the team has lost precious points in the constructors' classification. In the opening laps, the car was a bit difficult but then it improved a lot, to such an extent that I was able to close right up to Hamilton. When the Safety Car came out, I know my race was compromised given that I had to pit behind Felipe. I was able to get back up to fifth but then the incident I described earlier happened. Clearly, morale is not high today. But I am not used to giving up and will do my very best to try and help the team reach its targets."

Notice the last line.
    No doubt Kimi will now be simply trying be Massa's wingman.
    His "try and help the team reach ITS targets", makes it sound as if he is leaving Ferrari soon.

That's fair enough.

Kimi is 27 points behind with a maximum of 30 available from the remaining races.

Though he made an unlikely comeback last year, he wasn't this far back and had a competent Ferrari team behind him whilst McLaren was imploding.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    752939 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430613 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258547 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255434 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868204 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801746 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM