Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Belgian F1 Grand Prix at Spa

I don't feel bad because I am rooting for F but I'm expecting Hammy to do very well in the last 4 races and he has a really good chance of winning it.

Don't you think that LH's arrogant attitude haven't helped him at all?

Quote:
    "I have been a racing driver since I was eight years old and I know pretty much every single manoeuvre in the book, and that's why I'm the best at my job. We are talking about a skilled driver under intense pressure making a split-second decision which no-one, not unless they are in Formula One, can comprehend."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70786

You have to hand it to the FIA for neatly side stepping the merits of the case by deeming it inadmissible. Regardless, looking forward to the next GP and hope this decision will have no impact on the eventual winner of the championship.

"I have been a racing driver since I was eight years old and I know pretty much every single manoeuvre in the book, and that's why I'm the best at my job. We are talking about a skilled driver under intense pressure making a split-second decision which no-one, not unless they are in Formula One, can comprehend."

Where is the puke emoticon when you need it?

Hammy does need a proper manager to teach him how to talk to press. Either way FIA have showed how biased they are and I hope Mclaren wins both championships.

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:

Sickening...

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:

I guess Ham is trying to turn himself into "the next Senna", we'll probably see him getting into a fist fight with someone in the pits next (for not letting him past)

I (almost) wanted him to win the title last year because of his brilliant driving, but the sort of arrogant behavior he's shown lately puts him in the same category as Alonso IMO (That's the arrogant a**hole category)

Kimi "I don't give a s**t" Raikonnen FTW

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:

Are these lines from a Hollywood racing drama?

I hope Vettel plays his career right and ends up with a top team. For me he is the man of the future!

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:

Dr. Phil, this didn't make me want to puke. It instead added to my already substantial doubts concerning Lewis's maturity. His statement was extremely arrogant and condescending. Seems like I won't feel like celebrating a Driver's Championship title no matter which one out of Lewis or Felipe wins.

These guys may be highly talented drivers but very few of them have earned my respect on a personality level. Maybe it's just too idealistic of me, but I want champions to be people that I can respect not just for their sporting achievements but also for their character.

Quote from Hamilton is conveniently out of context.

It's not said to the press but as an angry response to the Ferrari counsel Nigel Tozzi QC. Of course I cannot see why he would be angry against such a team which gets no favours from the FIA.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:

Sickening...

Crash, this one:

is exclusively reserved for the comment on the SportAuto Supertest of the GTR

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:

Sickening...

Crash, this one:

is exclusively reserved for the comment on the SportAuto Supertest of the GTR

Yep, I've already invited him over so that he doesn't stray into another forum .

Quote:
    YorkshireExpat said:

It's not said to the press but as an angry response to the Ferrari counsel Nigel Tozzi QC. Of course I cannot see why he would be angry against such a team which gets no favours from the FIA.

I was well aware of the fact that this statement was not made to a journalist but was indeed made by LH during cross examination by the barrister representing Ferrari.

As you may know already, the whole point of cross examination is to test a witness's statement to see if it holds together or whether the witness crumbles under pressure.

Although LH did keep to his original statement and although it is only natural that a witness might adopt a defensive (or even a defiant) stance under questioning, the fact that LH adopted such an arrogant tone showed his immaturity IMO.

An experienced silk like Nigel Tozzi QC would realise instantly that LH was unsettled by his line of questioning and that he (Nigel Tozzi QC) had come out of the tussle on top.

The fact that LH said what he did during cross examination rather than during an interview with a journalist is not actually material IMO. Why? Because, if anything, a statement made under oath during cross examination should be even more reliable at indicating a witness's state of mind (and therefore his or her character) than a statement made to a journalist. People usually reveal their true sentiments under the intense scrutiny of cross examination rather than the calmer context of an interview with a journalist.

NB: I am not talking about the substance of what LH said but rather what can be understood about his character from what he said.

So I don't accept that the statement has been quoted out of context since the context does not materially affect what one can learn about his character from it IMO.

Quote:
    YorkshireExpat said:

... if the Fia was biased in favor of Ferrari the Maclaren team would have been banned from F1... for life!

...let me corrrect myself , if we lived in a fair world ...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 3:43 AM
    rhino
    802744 1804
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448416 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265950 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89962 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6437 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885438 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832413 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM