Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: (Photo Update) Panamera

Quote:
    reginos said:
    Quote:
    amazon said:
    Quote:
    Gnil said:
    I think we have the final roof line.
    And I also think this car will sell well. The shape of the back is a bit goofy, but it will not stop sedan owners who want a car with a sportier character then their 7 series or S series to change for this car. It will the be the new ' must have' sedan car. Like it was with the Cayenne ( people did find it ugly but it sold very well )

Except that at the time the cayenne appeared in showroom, there was no competition out there. Yes you had the BMW x5 and ML, but there were outcast by far by the cayenne.

Here, it's a different story. You've got the maserai, the soon to be aston matin rapid, not to mention a simple Bmw M5, or a cls 63 amg.

I, as a german buyer wouldn't go near an italian or a british car especially in the 4 door class, that by definition will be used more as an everyday, cover long distances car. So for me and many others the real alternatives to the Panamera come from germany. Sure some will prefer the M5s and the A7s and the AMGs (all very worthy and competent) but enough will have the Panamera on their wish list.

The italians and certain british might score some extra points in the "supercar,limited use,show-off" category but not when the use is in the real world where substance is required.

+1 my thoughts exactly....

I bet that after the camo it will be taken all of the car, let's say after the official presentation of the car, 80%of the people saying this car is ugly and what so what they say about it, will start saying they like the car, in short they will change the opinion! It happened with so many cars. The Cayman, Cayenne, I remember the Ferrari Enzo has the same hate all over it's face written, just after few days every one starting to say it looked good, the Maserati had the same ... so on. So I will say let's wait and see the final car. The official pictures and comment after that. It seems that on the 20th of the October we will get the official pictures. I'm waiting then for all of those who criticised so much to keep their position!

Quote:
    intouch1 said:
    Quote:
    reginos said:
    Quote:
    amazon said:
    Quote:
    Gnil said:
    I think we have the final roof line.
    And I also think this car will sell well. The shape of the back is a bit goofy, but it will not stop sedan owners who want a car with a sportier character then their 7 series or S series to change for this car. It will the be the new ' must have' sedan car. Like it was with the Cayenne ( people did find it ugly but it sold very well )

Except that at the time the cayenne appeared in showroom, there was no competition out there. Yes you had the BMW x5 and ML, but there were outcast by far by the cayenne.

Here, it's a different story. You've got the maserai, the soon to be aston matin rapid, not to mention a simple Bmw M5, or a cls 63 amg.

I, as a german buyer wouldn't go near an italian or a british car especially in the 4 door class, that by definition will be used more as an everyday, cover long distances car. So for me and many others the real alternatives to the Panamera come from germany. Sure some will prefer the M5s and the A7s and the AMGs (all very worthy and competent) but enough will have the Panamera on their wish list.

The italians and certain british might score some extra points in the "supercar,limited use,show-off" category but not when the use is in the real world where substance is required.

+1 my thoughts exactly....

Panamera will be a car for everyone, a smart buy in terms of image, performance, reliability, everyday use. Maserati or Aston is for a very small niche. Look at the how many AM are sold now compared to the 911's...

Quote:
    shin said:
    Quote:
    Misha011 said:

P.S. Sorry I have no 'photoshop'

Sorry, wishful thinking. You WILL be disappointed.

... and it's not 'naked' , yet .

This should be quite close:

Yes ! (only not so sure about air duct behind fr. wheel)

Rear hatch shape is incorrect. The pointy parts are missing.

NopI think it is too tall!

If what you are asserting is true (ie. final shape still greatly camoflaged, with rear roof height to be decreased drastically and dummy doors) then this is an absolutely meisterhaft mule disguise. Unfortunately, given the fact that these things need to be tested up the whazoo, can't see how they are not at final body specs with only tape camoflage at this point.

Guys,

There is no "fake" outer body as misha is trying to suggest. Just look at these close up pics that were posted nearly a year ago http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=392240&page=9&fpart=4&vc=1 The roof, door openings, width of doors, hatch opening, rear spoiler and rear window shape are all clearly visible.

1. & 2. 'cocoon' (totaly fake) 3. Panamera (real) with some camo.

Fake body (cocoon) overhanging in all directions .

Look at the rear passenger door and window.

Is that piece of glass supposed to stick out like that when you open the door??

Looking at the test mules, it looks ugly and doesn't have the "form/function" appeal.

Hopefully the back half is still camo'd well..

Yepp - this sticks out when you open the door. But it seems it only will be the frame

Quote:
    Misha011 said:

Fake body (cocoon) overhanging in all directions .

Quote:
    Misha011 said:
    1. & 2. 'cocoon' (totaly fake) 3. Panamera (real) with some camo.

On what do you base your decision about what is the real thing and what is fake? I am sensing a lot of wishful thinking Misha! Not to be overly cynincal, but in my experience, Porsche has followed a certain strategie in releasing new models:
    First phase, you won't know its there, because it is only brainstorming in P AG.
    next phase; you might read something about rumors, but no proof yet.
    Next phase; weird protoypes of other cars are photographed, with the text added that it might actually be a new model.
    Next phase; certainty about a new model, but the protos look like bricks.
    The next phases are to slowly peal off the camo, in order to keep the greater public tensed.
    Lastly, some teasers, only weeks before introduction.
    Then official introduction, with only pics.
    Then a carshow appearance and the happy few being able to attend closed introduction parties.
    Finally, the real introduction.

Also, my experience is that during all phases, people dislike the looks of the new car, and the performance as well. After introduction, people get used to the looks, and finally new owners and fans will defend the honor of the new model with their lives

I think we're only weeks from final introduction now, rendering the theory of an "all over cocoon, with revolutionary beautiful looks beneath it" virtually impossible.

-Joost-

On what do I base my conclusion(s) about what is fake and what is real (Panamera) ?? To make it very short and direct answer - on abowe 3 pics. (and few others that we all have seen so-far)

Misha the 3rd car is a "old" mule.

Here is the same car from different angles:

Spyderidol , yes it's an 'old' mule and there's a 'new' mule , but I would name them 'EU' mule (mostly photogrphed on Europian roads - like todays pics. of Lars997) and 'USA' mule cought testing in America . But , what is the point ? Both are MULES - or , one is a mule the other is 'cocoon' to stick with mu 'cocoon theory' . Here , I belive , we are talking and exchanging our views and oppinions on Panamera and is she going to be ugly or a nice looking car - how close / far from what we see now.

.... end this is my prediction :

Misha,
    I meant; what in those three pictures makes you decide which is what? In the first picture, what makes you think it is a cocoon, in the last pic, what makes you think that it is the real thing?
    I am curious, for you seem to see things I don't, and I always thought I had kind of a sharp eye. No intention to bash you bro!
    -Joost-

Mischa,

it would be great if you had right. Unfortunately I think, the metal roof is part of the body and there is no camouflage left.

Joost,

I have encircled all points/areas that shows clearly (to me) that green car is padded all around and then 'cocooned'
    My estimate is that , once 'cocoon' is remouved , real Panamera will slim down 5-10 cm on W ; H and L . Look at ground clearance below side pod - silly , will scrape on every bump . Green mule is : ugly , out of proportion and has dynamic appierance of a school-bus . Could Porsche make something like this - no way , never !!

Black car has Porsche look and stance . It's real Panamera with some (quite a few) add-on camo. It looks visably smaller and sleeker than a green one . Do you agree ? Which one looks to you as a Porsche ?

I must have 50-60 Panamera (mule) pics. om my computer and analize them daily . Lot of interestig details , like double doors or plexy pannel over wind-shield , fixed with pop-revets , double A pillar ... etc.

Thanks for your explanation Misha!
    i see where you're coming from, and I must say, there are some oddities to some of the mules. However, I am not convinced that the camo is so elaborate. Also, one has to ask "why". Why would they make a camo that resembles the panamera, but in reality is way different, and show mules too that are the real thing, but don't look really different? Well, at least we keep the buzz alive :-) Guess we can do nothing but lean back and wait... I must say, I am curious, but not sure it will be a blast at first glimpse!
    -Joost-

Quote:
    Lars997 said:
    Mischa,

it would be great if you had right. Unfortunately I think, the metal roof is part of the body and there is no camouflage left.

It will be much , much better

Misha- Also remember that the interior shots some weeks ago showed us a button that suggested adjustable suspension heights. This would explain the different ride heights on the various mules.

Spideridol , you are absolutely right but that type of mule (new/usa) on every pics. looks like huge bag full of .....

very quickly done...

Yes! I would say that is almost "spot on". (except for the camo on the sides of the rear bumper)

yes yes, dont know whats hiding underneath, maybe some style curves like GT3,.... or nothing

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762235 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435242 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260453 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257512 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80930 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5318 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872117 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807502 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM