Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: New Lamborghini

Quote:
    SlvSurfer said:
    Tiny brakes...

Btw are you aware of the fact that Brembo's next generation carbon-ceramic brake discs will be tiny - to save weight? Which is more important really from a brake, its disc size or its stopping power ?

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Quote:
    SlvSurfer said:
    Tiny brakes...

390mm(with 6piston calipers) discs are tiny? On 20" wheels?

Could it be something like this?

Quote:
    shin said:
    Quote:
    SlvSurfer said:
    Tiny brakes...

Btw are you aware of the fact that Brembo's next generation carbon-ceramic brake discs will be tiny - to save weight? Which is more important really from a brake, its disc size or its stopping power ?

Depends , are you are asking a ricer or a racer ?

Pic of those next generation Brembo discs

They look FAR from ceramic

Another piece of the puzzle just released:

Oh sh*t!

That's not a Murci! The front door's shut line would be where the vent is!

Looks like Lambo's got a surprise for us. Well, not for me...I can't afford one anyway.

it is a quattroporte from lamborghini.

Front engined AWD car with a lot of Audi tech...

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Four seater?

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Four seater?

For a minute there, I thought I had read a FWD car with Audi tech . Boy was I relieved to realize I'd only suffered from a case of reading incomprehension .

Where is this coming from anyway?

No mule has been seen, no pictures, no nothing.

If it had been running around the nurburg, we would have pictures of it.

On what is it based on? Where the platform is coming from? Porsche, audi?

Quote:
    amazon said:

Maybe its just going to be released as a Concept car right now. If the projects get the thumbs up, maybe then we'll see it testing on the Ring..

Quote:
    amazon said:

In recent months Audi was very, very active on the Ring. R8 V10, R8 Spider, TT R and one interesting car with Lambo wheels...

I'm sure it's built off the new Audi A7 ( 4 door/4 seat "coupe " styling ala MBZ CLS coming summer 2010) platform .
    This is VW Group's Lambo answer to the Panamera,Rapide,Quattroporte for those who find the maker's Bentley brand too " stuffy " .
    I expect it to the the " beauty " of the bunch with an optional 620 hp twin turbo Lambo V10 ,too, since Audi has done that with their version of the V10 on the RS6 which is rated at 580 but reportedly puts out more like 610hp .

My guess is:

2+2 GT (a la 612). Although I initially thought it would be a 4-door sports sedan, I highly doubt it Lambo would go that route. As you said AUDI and VW are the brands that offer the 4-door cars.

I put my bet on a 2+2.

It's based on the new\next A8 platform (debut at Frankfurt 2009).

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    My guess is:

2+2 GT (a la 612). Although I initially thought it would be a 4-door sports sedan, I highly doubt it Lambo would go that route. As you said AUDI and VW are the brands that offer the 4-door cars.

I put my bet on a 2+2.

Why not both , eventually . 2 door and 4 door - one built on A7 chassis the latter on A8 chassis . Next thing you know, Lambo will bring back an SUV. Watch out Porsche ,LOL .

lambo 2+2 concept car... that's my guess

From Inside Line :

"IL Insider: Lamborghini Concept for Paris Enters New Territory

Date posted: 09-17-2008

STORY TOOLS
    Print this Save this Digg this!
    Email this Most popular del.icio.us
    SANT'AGATA BOLOGNESE, Italy - The car Lamborghini will unveil at the 2008 Paris Auto Show will be something completely different, Inside Line has learned. Following the release of the teaser photo for the concept, sources in Italy today told IL: "You have no idea. There have been phone calls and e-mails from every country on Earth."

IL sources also say the Paris car will not be at all retro in the fashion of 2006's Miura concept, nor will it be so closely influenced by the Reventón as so many people seem to think.

So we should not expect to arrive in Paris and see just another Versace version, or a Super Veloce, or even the obvious Superleggera something or other.

What we should expect is a four-door Lamborghini high-luxury gran turismo with the engine in front but behind the front axle, most likely sharing the architecture with the next Audi A8. "Safe to say," says our source, "that they have every resource available from the family of companies." Rumors of any tie-in with the Panamera architecture, given recent Volkswagen-Porsche developments, "are out of the question."

We are also advised to not expect anything warm and predictable harking back to a Marzal, an Islero, an Espada, a Jarama or an Urraco. And, it can here be inferred, no super SUV.

IL learned that the project began less than five months ago and was green-lighted independently by Lamborghini bosses before they sought Ingolstadt's approval. The goal with the new four-door is to bring the brand out to a wider luxury sporting public. The showcar has been constructed completely in Italy, purportedly in the Sant'Agata studios with the assistance of some Audi design workers.

So, it seems that the big story in Paris is bound to be the advent of the luxury exotic sedans: Lamborghini's four-door is joined by Porsche's Panamera, and we eagerly await the definitive iteration of the Aston Martin Rapide.

"Lamborghini is at a point where it can set off in new and plausible directions with the entire brand image," says our source. "In a sense, it needs to be able to tell customers what they ought to like about the brand. The experts are at Lamborghini." In this vein, IL also learned that no advance focus groups were convened to get approval of likely heavy-hitter customers.

In addition, we learned that this new super sedan is meant to do comparatively significant volumes and carry a range of engines which includes the current V10 in the Gallardo and probably the V12 from the Murciélago. While getting down to a V6 is improbable, a new-generation V8 is likely for a base model. "

just read this at fchat.

So who's going to buy the ugly expensive 4 door, when you can get a pretty one from Aston, Lambo, merc. lexus, audi, and bmw.

Quote:
    racerx said:
    just read this at fchat.

So who's going to buy the ugly expensive 4 door, when you can get a pretty one from Aston, Lambo, merc. lexus, audi, and bmw.

We all will be surprised as to how many of the Panam we will see once it comes out .
    I remember when the Cayenne came out I was telling myself who would really buy this SUV and I was shocked to see so many in Houston in the first 3 or 4 months of its launch.

racerx,

I don't think this counts as ugly. Certainly an improvement over the Panamera if it follows this mock up IMHO

Quote:
    ISUK said:
    racerx,

I don't think this counts as ugly. Certainly an improvement over the Panamera if it follows this mock up IMHO

I think racerx was referring to upcoming Panamera.

Quote:
    amazon said:

That's actually what I don't get. Seems impossible nowadays for a car manufacturer to launch a new car without a (huge) internet buzz based on photos or inside sources. Especially Lambo.

It's a concept car at this stage so keeping it under wraps wouldn't be too hard especially if the test mules were based on Audi saloons. The Reventon was built with no spy pics being released on the net so it is possible for a company like Lamborghini to achieve such secrecy.

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Quote:
    ISUK said:
    racerx,

I think racerx was referring to upcoming Panamera.

Bingo

First time I have seen this pic. If this mock-up was in a titanium color instaed of yellow and the wheels were like 18's instead of 20's and a slightly less aggressive style, i would say lambo was on to something.

It has the sleekness and lowness that the panamera drawing had but was lost in translation to reality. We could have been facing a sedan war.

In fact, its a very good design, very similiar to the proposed BMW and the rapide. Very nice.

my personal opinion.

to have a lamborghini 4 doors or 4 seater with audi chassis and all the rest, it may be super fast super technology.etc.... but in my idea it remains an audi with a sporty italian look!! .

I know that it is important to use all economic scale possible, but i think that an quattroporte which have it's own chassis, and parts from ferrari can't compete in term of exotic not even to an audi with lamborghini cloth!!!

it is better that the quattroporte of course...but i guess it miss something in charm!!!

i repeat my opinion!!

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Four seater?

Yes it is going to be a 4 seats big GT. You will love it!

The Lamborghini 'URUS' front-engined GT car.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 3:43 AM
    rhino
    802646 1804
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448382 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265921 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89923 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6395 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885337 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832148 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM