Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Panamera's Face

I saw complete car in pics and it looks strange to me. It is a very big car and IMHO final judgement will be "in person" look...

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    I saw complete car in pics and it looks strange to me. It is a very big car and IMHO final judgement will be "in person" look...

Please elaborate. Did the tail lights resemble any of the chops that's been posted here?

No. Just Panamera's design is overall not harmonic enough. Specially the rear... When you saw the pics you will know what I am talking about... To me it looks little bit too much like "4 door 911"...
    If you like Mercedes CLS or BMW X6 you will love Panamera.

Just look at this pic. This is the look of REAL Panamera...

How close is this:

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    No. Just Panamera's design is overall not harmonic enough. Specially the rear... When you saw the pics you will know what I am talking about... To me it looks little bit too much like "4 door 911"...

Kreso, when are Porsche planning to release the pictures?

Quote:
    Emperor said:
    How close is this:

Not too far...

Not before Paris AFAIK. BUT, leaks are possible...

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Hmmm..it will find many fans then! Both CLS and X6 seem to be "catchy" shapes. Although not similar to each other, they attract because of their difference to the norm.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Kreso, when are Porsche planning to release the pictures?

Some sites say 20th October

FANBOY ALERT - this is the same dam front we have seen for months upon months, just because it get's official you are excited?

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat...=0&fpart=16

It suffers Cayenneism with tiny wheels inside HUGE wheel-wells. I was hoping for a larger, nicer wheel to fill out the space LIKE THEIR OWN SKETCH SHOWED.

You guys are an easy sell. No change from the mule in the least.

Quote:
    racerx said:
    FANBOY ALERT - this is the same dam front we have seen for months upon months, just because it get's official you are excited?

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat...=0&fpart=16

It suffers Cayenneism with tiny wheels inside HUGE wheel-wells. I was hoping for a larger, nicer wheel to fill out the space LIKE THEIR OWN SKETCH SHOWED.

You guys are an easy sell. No change from the mule in the least.

Well you're an easy sell since you doesn't seem to be aware of the fact that wheels can easily be exchanged for larger ones.

Cynical Panamera hater alert on you since apparently don't know that Sketches are always exaggerated illustrations of the real product.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    ... To me it looks little bit too much like "4 door 911"...

My impression exactly.

Quote:
    Emperor said:

Well you're an easy sell since you doesn't seem to be aware of the fact that wheels can easily be exchanged for larger ones.

Cynical Panamera hater alert on you since apparently don't know that Sketches are always exaggerated illustrations of the real product.

Quote:
    ISUK said:
    What we were given in the design drawing has morphed into the car shown below it based upon packaging constraints. The glasshouse is much higher and the curve flowing along the front wing that then dipped down along the side windows before rising on the rear door has gone. In it's place has come a fairly straight line. Those two elements take away the spirit of the original sketch completely. The sleekness of the original has been lost to a tail heavy design.

NOTHING has changed yet. It's the nose of the mule now made official, I suspect the rest to be the same too. I also think it will be a 4 door 996, like that prptotype from 15 years ago.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Can you elaborate on the size? Big like a 5 series or like a Quattroporte, i.e. longer or less than 5 meter?

Thanks,
    south

Quote:
    southlight said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Can you elaborate on the size? Big like a 5 series or like a Quattroporte, i.e. longer or less than 5 meter?

Thanks,
    south

Little bit bigger then Mercedes CLS.

Quote:
    southlight said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Thanks,
    south

Already posted:

5039 / 1902 / 1491/ 2990 BMW 7
    5076 / 1871 / 1473/ 3035 Mercedes S
    5062 / 1894 / 1444/ 2944 Audi A8
    4980 / 1987 / 1381/ 3110 Porsche Panamera
    4913 / 1873 / 1430/ 2854 Mercedes CLS

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    ... To me it looks little bit too much like "4 door 911"...

My impression exactly.

Family resemblance in auto design has been with us for some 30 years now! So, what's the big surprise that the Panamera resembles the 911?

All the major (successful) brands, M-B, BMW, VW/Audi, do the same.

Never had a doubt that the front will look nice. I'm more concerned about the side line!

I'm wit you lars! My thought exactly... the rear will be the determining factor, together with the roofline. From the silhouette on the porsche website, we're at least able to determine the shape of the rear lights, looks good to me. However, the bulkiness and the potatoness are still a concern to me.
    -Joost-

same face we have been seeing for months, just official. but the front has not been the center of that much discussion people. the rear is the big issue, lets wait and see how that turns out.

yeah this doesn't come to a surprise to me at all. In fact i knew this exact front and had it in my sketches for about two years now!! Very Turbo like... anyways, come back to me with the horrific rear proportions. I think the rear 3/4 view will be a porsche disaster scenario. It's just too damn round! They ad some defined lines in the bumper like say the one seen in the GT3s! Spice that ugly rear up please!

And on the roof line. Appearently it's not fake and we have actually seen the true production lines. That's just horrible. Looks like they just smerged the rear part of the roof up such that big people fit in the back. This in part screws the whole roof line connection with the truck and rear to make it look big and heavy. In consequence, people see a strong resemblence in the 911 due to roundness and will logically conclude it's a 4 door 911. Which sadly, it really does seem to be from the rear. oh boy i don't think i even want to see the official pics..

On a lighter note, those rims will be on the next boxsters and caymans.

end of rant.

Some idications about real size of side window , slope of the roof line and shape/curve of the waist line .

N.B. on 2nd. pics. pls ignore blue shoes

Thanks KresoF1 and Enzo911!

Quote:
    Rookie said:
    Looks like a 575M

Cheers
    Tom

I like the 575M... I hope the Panamera looks as good as the 575M!

There's nothing new there misha. I posted that 2nd pic probably 6 or 7 months ago if not more. We've been telling you for some time now that the "cocoon" you seem convinced the "real" car was hiding under simply wasn't there and that the pics of recent months were the real deal with very little camo Beats me why Porsche decided to base their design upon a car that's styling was derived from it's rear engined layout when this one has it's engine at the opposite end thus giving much greater design freedom

This car is huge yet pics we posted months ago suggest the legroom in the rear is not overly generous and that the simple act of getting in and out of the rear looks difficult. I hope this proves to have been a simple optical illusion created by the angle of the photo but I'm not hopeful.

More worrisome is that this pic posted back in September 2007 is now looking like it could be spot on.

^^
    That's far from spot on, the graphics for the tial lights are completely wrong.

That looks amazingly accurate, there are a few guys here who think that the equivalent of jewelry swap on a woman changes the woman. The shape is the shape, who cares what script they use to write panamera or where they place it. Changes nothing.

For that matter, there is no difference appearance-wise between 997.1 and 997.2. How does the shape of a tail-light affect the overall appearance in regards to sleekness? Talk about minutia.

The tail light graphics are of little concern compared to the importance of their outline size and shape which this pic appaers to have got correct. The overall shape of the rear i.e. angle/sizel of hatch, depth of wing tops, composition of curves on the rear bumper and position/shape/size of the number plate recess - all the key design points in other words - marry up to the black car in the second pic in Mish's post. The perspective angle of the pale blue car makes the styling look awkward especially when the viewer does not have the benefit of physical memory recall of the original car but it's the same shape.

I predict you will be left speechless on the 20th of next month when the official pics reveal that this is indeed how the car looks. Perhaps kreso can give the nod to the accuracy of this Lehmann photoshop in the meantime?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690944 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410104 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256164 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235390 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65739 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858765 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775068 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM