Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Belgian F1 Grand Prix at Spa

Hey, another race this weekend Seems unlikely that Kimi will make it four in a row at Spa. Looks like it is Massa's race to lose BUT if it rains, anybody could win

Unfortunately, I missed the races at Hungary and Turkey while I was away on vacation so I'm especially looking forward to this race. I'm feeling withdrawal symptoms

Seems like the championship is hotting up but only very slowly. I hope it goes right down to the wire with no dud races.

Re: Belgian F1 Grand Prix at Spa

Not sure about the no rain, but this season in Spa, it would be a miracle to have a full dry race!
    Favorite GP here. Amazing long track. Went there twice to see, fascinating eau-rouge curve.
    Massa was already fatest in first run...

is practice/qualifying viewable live online for free? I think it was mentioned in the spring but i can't find it.

In the UK, it can be viewed online for free on the ITV F1 website

Fingers crossed for Lewis, would be nice if he manages to extend his lead !!!!!

Massa quickest in Fri 1st practice, Alonso quickest in 2nd practice and Heidfeld fastest in practice today. What a refreshing change to see some genuine competition - even though these other teams can't keep it up over race distance....

Well, well, well ... Lewis takes poll, Massa beside him.
    Raikonnen who's 4th appears to be running a heavier fuel load to start.

The big surprise was Sebastian Bourdais who took provisional pole after the 2nd knock out session.

Damn, the younger, less experienced Toro Rosso feeder "test" team is taking it to the older veterans on big bro Red Bull Racing. Go figure

Toro Rosso has the Ferrari engine and the Red Bull Racing cars are powered by the Renault engine. According to some there is as much as 25 hp difference between the two.

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    ... I missed the races at Hungary and Turkey

Sorry, I meant Hungary and Valencia

Quote:
    Spyderidol said:
    Toro Rosso has the Ferrari engine and the Red Bull Racing cars are powered by the Renault engine. According to some there is as much as 25 hp difference between the two.

Agreed, but RBR has 2 of the 3 most senior drivers currently in the league with extensive track knowledge.

Spa is many drivers' favourite circuit and should provide some overtaking opportunities, but it will only be exciting if it rains.

IMHO - all F1 races should be made wet by introducing water sprinklers.

Hamilton is the luckiest guy ever, there is no doubt about it. BTW Massa should have won the race beacuse LH took clear advantage by cutting the chicane.

Quote:
    gangajas said:
    Hamilton is the luckiest guy ever, there is no doubt about it.

+1.... btw the championship is not finished....

Maybe the best is bettet word and not the luckiest. Today he was lucky only when he wasn't forced to retire when Raikkonen crashed into him.

Quote:
    Shakal said:
    Maybe the best is bettet word and not the luckiest. Today he was lucky only when he wasn't forced to retire when Raikkonen crashed into him.

What? You need a new pair of glasses

Quote:
    gangajas said:
    Quote:
    Shakal said:

When Hamilton took P1, Raikkonen touched with front wing Hamilton's rear left tyre, in corner 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHiscLDoaEU

Quote:
    Shakal said:
    Quote:
    gangajas said:
    Quote:
    Shakal said:

When Hamilton took P1, Raikkonen touched with front wing Hamilton's rear left tyre, in corner 1.

You call that a crash, are you kdding me? This is a crash:

Quote:
    gangajas said:
    Hamilton is the luckiest guy ever, there is no doubt about it. BTW Massa should have won the race beacuse LH took clear advantage by cutting the chicane.

Watching the German coverage: Nikki Lauda was saying there was no advantage of him cutting the chicane. Actually he lost the lead in doing so.
    Seems to be a subjective rather than objective view saying that Massa should have won the race.

Well done Hamilton!!

Did he touched or didn't he ?

I don't want to argue with people who can't be realistic, everything you write is against Hamilton. When he win, he is lucky, ofcourse according to you.

Your picture from Bahrain is out of context. Yep, Hamilton made mistake there, but now, half year later, we are talking about Belgian race when Hamilton was the best and won.

Quote:
    YorkshireExpat said:
    Quote:
    gangajas said:

Watching the German coverage: Nikki Lauda was saying there was no advantage of him cutting the chicane. Actually he lost the lead in doing so.
    Seems to be a subjective rather than objective view saying that Massa should have won the race.

Well done Hamilton!!

He had already lost the lead and had the advantage to attack the next corner because of his illegal move.

I think Hamilton drove a good race today other than his earlier spin. But let's not forget that Massa would be leading the championship had his engine not blown up. I still think Massa will win this year despite him not being the best F1 driver around.

Quote:
    Shakal said:

I don't want to argue with people who can't be realistic, everything you write is against Hamilton. When he win, he is lucky, ofcourse according to you.

Your picture from Sepang is out of context. Yep, Hamilton made mistake there, but now, half year later, we are talking about Belgian race when Hamilton was the best and won.

The crash you are talking about is not a crash at all.

Quote:
    gangajas said:
    Quote:
    Shakal said:

Your picture from Sepang is out of context. Yep, Hamilton made mistake there, but now, half year later, we are talking about Belgian race when Hamilton was the best and won.

The crash you are talking about is not a crash at all.

It could damage his tyre, it already happened before in similar accidents. So this is the only thing today he was lucky, that his tyre stayed undamaged

Quote:
    WAY said:
    I think Hamilton drove a good race today other than his earlier spin. But let's not forget that Massa would be leading the championship had his engine not blown up. I still think Massa will win this year despite him not being the best F1 driver around.

Massa will have a fresh engine in Monza, and that's important in a very fast circuit..
    Anyway the best driver is still Alonso 4th with that car is a very good result.

Hamilton is under investigation? is this true?

Quote:
    gangajas said:
    Quote:
    YorkshireExpat said:
    Quote:
    gangajas said:

Well done Hamilton!!

He had already lost the lead and had the advantage to attack the next corner because of his illegal move.

Well it is under investigation by the stewards but Nikki Lauda completely dismissed it. Maybe they'll just get a EUR10,000 fine like Massa did for his dangerous manoeuvre in the pits on Valencia instead of a stop-go penalty.

The Ferraris just lost all grip in the rain.

it was a good race!!!!, actually one of the best this season.

Hamilton is right now the BEST driver of them all, no doubt at all!!!

Kimi's - Hamilton battle at the end of the race was amazing, that fight between them at the end of the straight line, forced me to jump off the sofa!!! haha

I want more races like this !

I already see Kimi, finishing 3rd in the pilots championship...

On the other hand, Alonso did a great job during the entire race, but how the fukc can the team force him to enter pits at the last lap, simply insane, he would have finished 3rd if he decided to continue more slowly, simply crazy

Only chances of Alonso going to podium is a race in wet conditions, other than that, there are no chances at all with the R28

Either way, its hard to say , but Hamilton amazed me today, what an amazing driving and concentration he had today, I dont know if that was just luck (like someones say), but I hardly doubt it!!!

Like I said before the race...you need to turn the sprinklers on to get any excitement.

1st lap - interesting start.

next 41 laps - boring procession.

last 2 laps - incredible entertainment.

Quote:
    John H said:
    Like I said before the race...you need to turn the sprinklers on to get any excitement.

1st lap - interesting start.

next 41 laps - boring procession.

last 2 laps - incredible entertainment.

Exactly...I wish they had run a 3 lap sprint race on a wet track instead of the other 40-odd.

Massa is the new winnner. Hamilton is 3rd (edit: after a 25 second penalty).

IMO the race was very interesting.

Beggars belief.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7602830.stm

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 2:04 PM
    RCA
    803036 1806
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448503 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266030 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90022 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6505 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885579 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833027 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM