Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Today's sights - London

Quote:
    Turbo said:
    Kahn has a collection of various number plates. If you have no problems and too much time it's better as drugs...but more expensive....

I known. They invest in tons of plates. Speaking the "F1" plate I saw it on another SLR at the Canary Wharf show in June. I suspect Kahn have just recently sold it. I believe it's the most expensive plate in the UK

Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Quote:
    Turbo said:
    Kahn has a collection of various number plates. If you have no problems and too much time it's better as drugs...but more expensive....

I known. They invest in tons of plates. Speaking the "F1" plate I saw it on another SLR at the Canary Wharf show in June. I suspect Kahn have just recently sold it. I believe it's the most expensive plate in the UK

That's the car I was talking about - whether he sold the plate or the car I'm not sure. I just recognized the same wheels. So I assumed he kept the plates and moved it onto another car?

That car was for sale at London Group's showroom when I was there to look at the white Zonda F coupe.

Quote:
    Mike S said:

That car was for sale at London Group's showroom when I was there to look at the white Zonda F coupe.

ahhh the Zonda F, IMO the best looking car in the world .
    also one of the fastest and with the best performance.

cool pics - love to see what's happening around the world.. even if it's "everyday" to you it's news to others..

What's with the "Dubai" number plates? Is it routine to be able to use other country's plates un UK?

The Dubai guys are there just for vacation and some shopping

It is incredible how much money is just on the streets of London!

Quote:
    Emperor said:
    This one is not my photo by here is an example what a typical day at Harrods looked at the end of July/beginning of August:

But look in the picture, by their faces it looks more in an arabic country than London!! Poor cop on the left not knowing what to do....hehehhe

Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    Quote:
    Emperor said:
    This one is not my photo by here is an example what a typical day at Harrods looked at the end of July/beginning of August:

But look in the picture, by their faces it looks more in an arabic country than London!! Poor cop on the left not knowing what to do....hehehhe

The cop also doesn't look exactly English

Maybe the 'cop' is a traffic warden having a busy day.

i'd never ever dare park my car, nevermind supercar outside harrods, the spaces are so tight and traffic so busy that I'd be sure of having a little accident.

Here's my contribution. Purr Sang spotted by Harrods.

AMAZING! :O

Mike - that's what I call a scoop..

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/09/15/bugatti-veyron-pur-sang-sells-out-in-less-than-24-hours/

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Here's my contribution. Purr Sang spotted by Harrods.

So what are these guys all shopping for at Harrods?

English football clubs, maybe?

At least one did one dude from Dubai just bought Manchester City.

Do these wealthy Arabs have nothing better to do with their time? <grin>

Quote:
    Discover said:
    At least one did one dude from Dubai just bought Manchester City.

Ummmm, yes. That's what prompted me to ask the question.

It was actually Abu Dhabi, not Dubai.

Some of these cars are not very attractive designs to begin with, then accentuated by odd paint schemes - perhaps we will see won with Dollar "$" signs all over it similiar to a matthew lesko suit.

Quote:
    racerx said:
    Some of these cars are not very attractive designs to begin with, then accentuated by odd paint schemes - perhaps we will see won with Dollar "$" signs all over it similiar to a matthew lesko suit.

or a convertible with an LV interior. that would be the death of car respect for dubai.

Quote:
    boytronic said:
    Do these wealthy Arabs have nothing better to do with their time? <grin>

They actually do. Times have changed since the industrial revolution and WW2. The United Kingdom no longer has any form of export industry. Nothing is manufactured here and all the British car manufacturers are owned by foreign investors. Because of this the value of the pound is depreciating. Britain practically has nothing speaking for itself expect a high standard of living which is falling with the inflation driving prices up here in London.

The vast majority of extraordinary properties in London priced at Pounds40 million and above are owned by Russians and Arabs. Ultra wealthy UK citizens are a minority. There is Richard Branson but he's not on the same level as the oil tycoons from Russia and UAE who have pockets deep as the pacific ocean.

If you don't haven't read about it yet, Richard Branson is conteplating a purschase of Gatwick airport which is the second largest airport in London. Obviously he doesn't have the economic power to shell out the Pounds2 billion pounds asked for it, which is why he is looking to include group of buyers from the Middle East, probably from UAE. What interesting in this is that Gatwick airport is the base for Emirate Airline and I'm sure that Mubadala investment firm would be interested in getting a cake of the airport. If they do it is likely that they would make sure that no other than the aircraft fuel from their customers is supplied at the airport. The economic power they have is immense.

Just like someone just mentioned in the thread a 32 years old guy from Abu Dhabi just purchased Manchester City. My jaw dropped when I found out he also ownd eXcel. Investors from UAE already own Barney's in New York, the Chrysler building and a vast of other properties around Paris, London and NY. Further more they own 5% of Ferrari and also a stake in Mclaren, not to mention a respectable chunk of Marilyn Lynch.

These guys are playing Monopoly while they are strolling around in their cars around Harrods. Very smart people with tons of money. Heck Harrods is owned by an Arab who used to work for the Sultan of Brunei. Arabs practically own London. We're entering a new era where China, Russia and UAE are the new super powers.

Someone with a car abowe can have tons of cash but he will never have class.

A cow is a cow even with golden bell...

Quote:
    Turbo said:
    Someone with a car abowe can have tons of cash but he will never have class.

A cow is a cow even with golden bell...

Actually, a Maybach is a cow even without a golden bell.

Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Times have changed since the industrial revolution and WW2. The United Kingdom no longer has any form of export industry. Nothing is manufactured here and all the British car manufacturers are owned by foreign investors.

FWIW, I read just recently that more cars are built and exported from the UK now than at any time in the past, so there is manufacturing, and there is an export industry. But, as you imply, the companies are foreign-owned (Nissan, Honda, Toyota, BMW, VW, Ford, GM, etc.).

Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Further more they own 5% of Ferrari and also a stake in Mclaren, not to mention a respectable chunk of Marilyn Lynch.

Are you sure you didn't mean to write Merrill Lunch?.

UAE will never be a super power or whatever , its a country where only selected few (aka sheiks) can get and do whatever they want , if you know a sheik or befriend one you are guaranteed everything otherwise you are treated like a second rate citizen , and if you go against one you are guaranteed a life sentence in jail or the equivalent of hell on earth . so super power my ass !

Quote:
    RRS said:
    UAE will never be a super power or whatever , its a country where only selected few (aka sheiks) can get and do whatever they want , if you know a sheik or befriend one you are guaranteed everything otherwise you are treated like a second rate citizen , and if you go against one you are guaranteed a life sentence in jail or the equivalent of hell on earth . so super power my ass !

They've got oil and the western world is depend on it. Just look at how the petrol prices have sky rocketed the latest 18 months. It's increasing inflation anywhere. In that way UEA has immense economic super power. In the event of them getting invaded all they have to do is phone their private security firms aka The United States and United Kingdom.

Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Quote:
    RRS said:

They've got oil and the western world is depend on it. Just look at how the petrol prices have sky rocketed the latest 18 months. It's increasing inflation anywhere. In that way UEA has immense economic super power. In the event of them getting invaded all they have to do is phone their private security firms aka The United States and United Kingdom.

The japanese were once buying everything in sight too, but times change. This last oil shock woke people up here, i believe things have changed for good, and we will finally get off foreign oil with the large natural gas deposits discovered, alternatives, new tech - batteries,etc., and the Iraq legacy.

Take away the near 1 Trillion dollars we ship overseas every year and someone is going to be hurtin.

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Times have changed since the industrial revolution and WW2. The United Kingdom no longer has any form of export industry. Nothing is manufactured here and all the British car manufacturers are owned by foreign investors.

FWIW, I read just recently that more cars are built and exported from the UK now than at any time in the past, so there is manufacturing, and there is an export industry. But, as you imply, the companies are foreign-owned (Nissan, Honda, Toyota, BMW, VW, Ford, GM, etc.).

There's still a trade deficit though. The UK export in microscopic compared with the amount that's imported.

Since they know their oil supply is running out in the comming 70 years, they're moving their bussiness to other markets. They're even trying to make Dubai a touristic landmark.Makes sense.

Quote:
    RRS said:

I agree, a country where all the wealth is accumulated by so few, will never be a superpower. Take a closer look at Russia, superpower my ass. Few fraudsters, mobster and a kgb agent convicted in switzerland for fraud, at the steering wheel.
    A lesson of History
    In the beginning (couple years ago) in Russia, China, India etc there was a [beep] !!!.
    Then especially in Russia and China, the secret service agents, comunnist activists, fraudsters and the rest of that pack, decided to go WEST, so they established "democracy" meaning they took the whole banking sector, energy sector, mining sector and made them they own.
    Then they established a monopoly in those sectors of the economy, so every single citizen (including those 25% starving everyday) must now pump the cash into their pockets, paying the everyday bills.
    And then they made their most brilliant move, they decided to go public with their monopolies.
    When folks in London City and blokes on Wall St. noticed that move, they thought: what the... a monopoly cash-cow with granted stream of cash, secured by local law, goes public and it's cheap as hell, and they pulled the trigger.
    And that was then my friends, hundreds of dollars and pounds flown to so called emerging markets, local bourses skyrocketed and those mobsters who for over 60 years were the biggest threat to free world were now financed by who?, hahaha, yes, by their own enemies.
    That's why half of population in those countries starve
    That's why the wealth is in hands of the few
    It makes me sick, when I see a western journalist or whoever
    getting horny over a russian bilionaire real estate or a chinese investor new acquisition. Russian journalists weren't so horny but they're mostly dead, and the chinese ones imprisoned awaiting the sentence.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM