Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

I took the GT2 home today!!!!!

Well I got the call today the my GT2 had finally arrived at the dealer about 2:00p.m. this afternoon. So knowing that the service department was closed I knew I had no shot of taking it home today so we arranged for pick up on Monday. But as anyone would, I took a ride to my dealer (75 minutes away) to take a look at my car. To my surprise the service manager (Ethan Gombossy) walks in to pick something up while I am checking out the car and says, "do you want me to do the PDI so you can take it home today" feeling bad that it was his day off and his wife was waiting for him in the car, I of course said that I could wait until Monday... he said no you wont and did the PDI. Now that is what I call customer service, granted I have purchased a lot of cars from these guys and consider them friends, but doing this goes beyond the call. This is the kind of service that will keep me coming back time and time again. Here are a couple of pictures after I got it home this evening, the car is really dirty, but it still looks fantastic. I will post some more pictures when I get her all polished up.

Re: I took the GT2 home today!!!!!

Which dealer is that, doesn't look like Fairfield or Greenwich (the two I used to go to when I lived in CT a couple years ago).

It is Hoffman Porsche up in East Hartford, I have been dealing with them for years.

Dude, that car is so sweet! Congrats!

What a beauty, congratulations and emjoy. BTW please take it easy on us poor 997tt drivers

congrats......very similar to mine. but i preferred to keep my interior black.

and luckily we get the white indicator strips on the fenders....

whatacar man!

Congrats!

Awesomeness is its second name!

Congrats, enjoy the amazing car.

You should join the local (a bit far for you) TSBL (ppbb.com) Porsche guys, we have a gathering twice a year usually in or around Newtown CT. I will forward the info to you next time we have a meet scheduled.

Lucky guy!!!!!

All the best with your new beast!

Quote:
    Moogle said:

You should join the local (a bit far for you) TSBL (ppbb.com) Porsche guys, we have a gathering twice a year usually in or around Newtown CT. I will forward the info to you next time we have a meet scheduled.

Hey Tom I would love to. Thats not far for me at all, I live in New New Milford and my office is in Newtown. Keep me posted.

Thanks for all the kind words guys... now I am going for a drive then detail the car, what a great day

Quote:
    jpcourt said:
    Quote:
    Moogle said:

Hey Tom I would love to. Thats not far for me at all, I live in New New Milford and my office is in Newtown. Keep me posted.

Thanks for all the kind words guys... now I am going for a drive then detail the car, what a great day

and then change your avatar

You be careful with that!

What a beauty! Yes, be careful.

Wow!! That is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing that story. Not only did you get a new GT2 you got a cool tale...

Very beautiful car! And indeed, thats a special service! My dealer would have told me that "it might be Monday two weeks later where you can have the car"

The car is gorgeous I like that white line around the speakers, havent seen this before, looks great!

Enjoy it!

Fantastic car - congrats. More shoots pls from the interior it high res ???

Great car! Looks as if you certainly ordered the car suiting your personal taste. Congrats!

ooh la la.. love the stitching and the yellow bels to match the PCCB's
    Good Luck with your new PCAR. See you on the Merritt.

Beautiful ! Congratulations !

I really like the full leather bucket seats, and the extra white stitching

We look forward to hearing your first impressions and how it compares to the turbo...

Great,looks stunning,congrats!

i love white Porsche!

Thanks Guys!!!!! I must tell you this car is everything I have ever wanted in a sports car. This is the real deal... the steering is almost telepathic, the engine is fantastic and those seats.... oh my!!! This car is night and day better than my turbo. I liked my turbo but it was missing something and I couldn't quite put my finger on it, now I know exactly what it was... rawness. I really missed the noise and feeling of my modified C4S, now I have it back only better... much better. This is by far the best automobile I have ever driven, it will be hard to top this one. I am still grinning form ear to ear. I don't tend to hold onto cars for very long but this one I can see myself owning for a long long time. Again thanks for all the kind words.

Wow, it makes me think whether it was wise to spend all those $$$ to make my turbo as close as possible to a GT2 rather than just buy one!
    A couple of questions; how's the 2wd when accelerating hard on 2nd or 3rd gear? Any instability? Also I am considering upgrading to the GT2 seats, would you think they are ok for daily driving in terms of comfort and access? Any inputs well appreciated!

Congratulations on the new amazing ride!

Quote:
    GT said:
    Wow, it makes me think whether it was wise to spend all those $$$ to make my turbo as close as possible to a GT2 rather than just buy one!
    A couple of questions; how's the 2wd when accelerating hard on 2nd or 3rd gear? Any instability? Also I am considering upgrading to the GT2 seats, would you think they are ok for daily driving in terms of comfort and access? Any inputs well appreciated!

I have only had a chance to put on a couple of hundred miles since I picked it up, but as far as traction goes... this thing is planted and takes off like a rocket. The only time I saw the traction light come on I was accelerating up a hill and that was because the pavement was bumpy. Now for the seats, the are surprisingly comfortable, but a little difficult to get in and out of. I don't think I would want to get in and out of them all day long and maybe for a long trip they would get uncomfortable, but overall they are a great mix of support and comfort. Would I personally want them in my daily driver... no, but you would really need to spend some time in them for yourself to make that decision. I hope that helps.

Quote:
    GT said:

The GT2 traction is excellent. However, the rear can become quite light under full acceleration even in 4th gear. For example, entering the Autobahn under full acceleration in 4th might require PSM interaction if you happen to cross some smaller (hardly noticeable) longitudinal grooves. Obviously, the rear will also be very lively under full acceleration in 2nd gear - in particular, if the tires are still cold.

The GT2 seats are remarkably comfortable. A key factor seems to be the rather soft and "thick" upholstery. Also, the angle of the back rest is surprisingly well suited for long distance travels. Access is indeed a bit limited. Overall I would argue that the GT2 seats are fine even for a daily driver.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776761 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441531 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262690 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260825 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85104 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5506 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880538 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815669 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM