Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Today's sights - London

in the left side you can see a Range Rover Sport by Kahn parked in the corner.
    Kahn has some of the most tastefull and discrete, yet sporty looking body kits for high end cars.

Walk into any hotel in Mayfair/Knightsbridge area this time of the year, you would think that they plucked one of these hotels right out of UAE.

Sorry to disagree with you there, but I thought of Kahn projects just the opposite. Rather buy more expensive cars for the money spent on bling bling parts.

BTW - same in Munich right now. The best Hotels are packed with people from UAE and the Hotel garages are packed with the most adorable cars. All cars are brand new, I dont think they got shipped, I think the got them new as summer toys!

Quote:
    Jean said:

Sorry to disagree with you there, but I thought of Kahn projects just the opposite. Rather buy more expensive cars for the money spent on bling bling parts.

sure they have made some crucial mistakes, just like any manufacturer, but overall and compared to the competition, i think their designs are the most complimentary to the vehicles own design, instead of turning it into a mash of added bits and pieces.

From three weeks ago:

Keep em coming, I love the "spotter" pics

That' gunmetal gray Lambo with orange interior from Dubai is in Paris right now.

Quote:
    Emperor said:....

Now, that's a proper sports car!

Is the car's white color, Carrara White, Biarritz White or some other white?

Is the dude in the dark suit with crossed arms the waiting chauffeur? Who in his right mind needs a driver with such car?

^^
    That was actually the owner. A very humble man wearing nothing but a basic Pounds30 Casio watch on his wrist.

and here is a nice GT2 in London while i was there 5 days back

smallest car I've ever seen! As one of friends told me, its electronic car but looks so funny

Quote:
    Emperor said:
    ^^
    That was actually the owner. A very humble man wearing nothing but a basic Pounds30 Casio watch on his wrist.

Excellent! Good man who has his priorities straight.

More:

it seems like Cafe Rouge is a must when we go to London

Man it sure is crowded... I don't see much point of pushing through all that just to show of a bit.
    Doesn't sound very fun IMO.

SLR Roadster is B e a u t i f u l!

BTW what is "Cafe Rouge"? Is it big, or just a small cafe in a popular place in London?
    What's cpecial about it?

Quote:
    janus said:
    Man it sure is crowded... I don't see much point of pushing through all that just to show of a bit.
    Doesn't sound very fun IMO.

SLR Roadster is B e a u t i f u l!

BTW what is "Cafe Rouge"? Is it big, or just a small cafe in a popular place in London?
    What's cpecial about it?

Really it's just a cafe/restaurant situated conveniently behind Harrods. The north eastern side of Harrods is just on the other side of the road. Anybody who's just bought wide body car with more a displacement higher than 3.5l, and feel like flaunting stops by there. Like you see int he images it is very very crowded since Harrods is very popular and people battle for a parking slot. The latest weeks It has been ridiculously busy and crowded around because of the Arabs. Prices at Cafe Rouge are fairly normal for a cafe in central London. As an example a capuchino cost Pounds2.65 while a plate of food will set you back around Pounds13-30. Most of the ballers park their cars outside, do a little shopping in Harrods, dump their bags in the car, head to the cafe for a bite while looking at other ballers and they head back into Harrods once more. It's literary a playground for the rich to show off their cars. Obviously it's been extra hot here during late July/Early August with 50-80 exotics from the middle east flocking the area.

I passed by Cafe Rouge about 3 weeks ago, and I thought it was bad... but looking at these pics, Oh My God... I'm speechless... We sure know how to make people love us... Sorry dude, but...

having a bunch of exotics parked outside of the cafe does rack up publicity for the place. its sure to become a known cafe amongst the rich that go and shop, not to mention a preferred parking spot for exotics. Owner must be really happy, this gives him a chance to pump of his prices.

Cafe Rouge is a chain of cafe/restaurant in the UK. There is a whole bunch in London and in the suburb.

Decent value for money but nothing to get really excited about....

This being said, the cars parked in front of this particular one are just amazing !!!!

You name it EricAlain!

This cofe chain is even one of the more ugly chains. I once have seen the kitchen in London of one and since that I would never ever touch any food anymore. Anyway - this particular one might be different.

This cars are parking in front of Harrods on the opposite side of the street and its more or less coincidence that this Cafe is there.

Quote:
    Enmanuel said:
    having a bunch of exotics parked outside of the cafe does rack up publicity for the place. its sure to become a known cafe amongst the rich that go and shop, not to mention a preferred parking spot for exotics.

Not really. All the rich folks aren't really coming there for the cafe but for Harrods. If Harrods wasn't next door none of the rich folks would have stepped a foot inside it. There are much more upscale and prestigious cafes in London. As for exotics parking there, drivers park where every there's a slot so Cafe Rouge means nothing for them. The service in there is top notch either.

1) Why do so many of the cars have Dubai plates?

2) What's with all the freaky orange paint jobs?

Quote:
    fpb said:
    1) Why do so many of the cars have Dubai plates?

2) What's with all the freaky orange paint jobs?

1) Dubai gets way to hot in the summer so millionaires have taken on london as their own personal playground and decide that they would rather bring their cars with them.

2) The maybach with the RRR i have no idea, but the Bentley is a Mansory GT.

nice cars sure, but stuck in traffic....whats up with the general level of ambiance...perhaps i missed something but it looked like a bunch of 30's something guys hanging out or riding ( slowly ) around togeather....at least in similar surroundings in say miami or la there are copious amounts of eye/arm candy

Thanks for your answer Mperor, I have another question:
    Does Harrods have a parking garage, or is there one near by?

All the cars with black/orange paint scheme belong to 27 years old Sheik Rashid of Ajman. He has a G55, Veyron, R8 Rolls Royce Drophead Coupe and other cars in the same colour scheme.

Quote:
    janus said:

Parking at Harrods is very very limited and you see cars circulating the building in search for a slot. Neither do they offer any underground parking of some sorts. All that's available is parallel parking slots.

lol at the V12 badges and LED fogs on the CLS.

For me the scene is looking like an OPEC meeting near Harrods....

Then there is Dorchester hotel. You can not walk past that hotel without spotting an exotic in their parking lot. There is always something special in their parking slots and I'm not walking about a Ferrari 360. I'm talking Veyron, Zonda, GT2 Superleggera, a car in some unusual colour something you don't see everyday.

Quote:
    Emperor said:
    All the cars with black/orange paint scheme belong to 27 years old Sheik Rashid of Ajman. He has a G55, Veyron, R8 Rolls Royce Drophead Coupe and other cars in the same colour scheme.

Quote:
    janus said:

Parking at Harrods is very very limited and you see cars circulating the building in search for a slot. Neither do they offer any underground parking of some sorts. All that's available is parallel parking slots.

yeah you are right, he owns those cars.He lives in Mayfair, I've seen a few of his cars parked there. The awkward looking one is the continental GT in black and orange

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM