Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Today's sights - London

Hey, thought I'd share some of the glory I get to feast my eyes on here in London on a daily basis.

Re: Today's sights - London

This is just plain awful..

Crazy!
    Especially RR's

And that monstrous CLS!
    What is that!?

Quote:
    janus said:
    Crazy!
    Especially RR's

And that monstrous CLS!
    What is that!?

It's Stuttgart's nightmare. Not under the influence of drugs would a Mercedes sales guy accept it as a trade-in.

Some I took two weeks ago:

i love real world photos, especially from nice places. The one pulling out onto park lane(?) is the best composition with the greenery of London.

Thanks, add to thread over time, if you would.

Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Hey, thought I'd share some of the glory I get to feast my eyes on here in London on a daily basis.

It's not Ramadan already, is it?

Funny, I was in London, four weeks ago and I saw most of those cars you photographed, including that fugly CLS. I even commented to my wife that some people have too much money and no taste.

AJ

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    Emperor said:

Nope. Ramadan is in September

Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    Emperor said:

Actually, I was just kidding because "everyone" seems to have deserted Dubai for London already.

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    Emperor said:

Actually, I was just kidding because "everyone" seems to have deserted Dubai for London already.

Ahaa I see . Most of them have actually left although there are many who are still here shopping. I would say that about 70 expensive Arab registered car were flown over there at the end of July. A strong force of 500-1000 arabs or so flocked London during the beginning of this month, they did it last year as well. While the tree huggers complained the shop owners here have been cheering out of joy.

Hideous CLS...

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    Hideous CLS...

Why did you single out the CLS?

The modified Phantom was pretty bad too, but the CLS takes the cake possibly for all the tastelessly modified cars EVER.

That said, amazing to see the Range Rtormer...!!! I wonder if it was just a modified RR Sport, or (considering the plate/country of origin) - very possibly the original concept car.

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    The modified Phantom was pretty bad too, but the CLS takes the cake possibly for all the tastelessly modified cars EVER.

That said, amazing to see the Range Rtormer...!!! I wonder if it was just a modified RR Sport, or (considering the plate/country of origin) - very possibly the original concept car.

It's not the original. The car is replica based on the RR Sport created by West Coast Customs. So far they have produced three of them.

Watch the making of one of those a few months back, very very cool... Just bought a new RR sport and hacked it too pieces! Crazy

Why spend all the money sending your cars over to London for a few weeks? Surely its easier to just rent or not bother! A roller I can understand, but a Lambo Superleggera is sooo wasted in central London!

London ist just insane.... crazy! Thanks for the share!

Quote:
    RichJ said:
    Why spend all the money sending your cars over to London for a few weeks? Surely its easier to just rent or not bother!

Well, it's all a matter how much you've got.

They DO love their cars in the UK...

Saw many more exotics there than here at home in NYC.

Second only to Monaco and the Nurburgring.

Quote:
    RichJ said:
    Watch the making of one of those a few months back, very very cool... Just bought a new RR sport and hacked it too pieces! Crazy

Why spend all the money sending your cars over to London for a few weeks? Surely its easier to just rent or not bother! A roller I can understand, but a Lambo Superleggera is sooo wasted in central London!

Try renting an LP640 or RR Drophead Coupe for three weeks. Sending yours over is much cheaper. Especially if you have contacts in Emirates and Etihad airlines. Some of these guys shipped over 2-3 of their own cars.

Forgot to add this lovely creation from Quatar that I spotted yesterday:

Having shipped my car from the USA to Europe several times, it is definitely cheaper to do that versus renting. By Sea is even cheaper than air, you can get a standard container for about 3000USD. - Equivalent to one weekend of renting an exotic.

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    Having shipped my car from the USA to Europe several times, it is definitely cheaper to do that versus renting. By Sea is even cheaper than air, you can get a standard container for about 3000USD. - Equivalent to one weekend of renting an exotic.

What was the deal with paperwork? Temp import? Carnet? Any recommendations on which company to use?

Incidentally, I am shocked at the number of LHD cars in London these days. I visited my office a few weeks ago and was very surprised at how many of the guys drove left hooker sports cars.

Quote:
    Moogle said:

3000USD in the US will barely rent you a Gallardo for more than 2-3 days. So shipping it sometimes very feasible.

Quote:
    Moogle said:

What's it got to do with the UK - they're all left hand drives....apart from the taxis..

Quote:
    John H said:
    Quote:
    Moogle said:

What's it got to do with the UK - they're all left hand drives....apart from the taxis..

Ha ha, Yeah the UK cars are the crap ones that nobody noticed in the Background

Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Quote:
    Moogle said:

3000USD in the US will barely rent you a Gallardo for more than 2-3 days. So shipping it sometimes very feasible.

So Arabs can't even afford to rent? What cheapskates

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    Emperor said:

Apparently Dubai is 'too hot this time of year' so loads of people seem to have decamped to london. From my recent experience, most of them have been spending their days in selfridges / harrods / harvey nichols shopping like its going out of fashion!

So london is the hamptons of dubai? LOL!

After the Purple Veyron I saw at the British Motor show this 959 I spotted tree months ago is the second most beautiful car I've ever seen in my life. It's the first 959 I saw and it simply blurred everything else around it. What a breath taking car, it's truly special. The owner was very kind as well letting my exchange some words with him about the car. Words cannot explain how beautiful it was, the car is heaven sent. Any Ferrari or Lambo I've seen can't measure up to it. What surprised me is how modern and gorgeous it was despite its age. Easily one of the most precious cars you could ever own.

look like that LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO are for sale
    http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/665229.htm
    Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Some I took two weeks ago:

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689042 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408934 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255631 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234887 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65469 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4642 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857767 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773742 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM