Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

It is Beautiful!

Now appearing at your local USA Porsche dealer is the 997! Saw it in person, and everyone was right, just absolutely beautiful.

Re: It is Beautiful!

Yes, I'm going to see it tomorrow morning on my way to work. Can't wait.

Damnit - I dont have time - Im probably gonna go this saturday to either Newport or Mckenna ..

the more you see it ,the more you love it....

997S USA spec test drive this morning.On my way 11.30 EST to test drive a black/black/ceramic/full leather prior to Saturday's display. Comments to follow.

Have fun guys!
    -Joost-

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    the more you see it ,the more you love it....

the more I see it, the more I don't like that front!

Quote:
    vtrader said:
    Now appearing at your local USA Porsche dealer is the 997! Saw it in person, and everyone was right, just absolutely beautiful.

Wherever I park my 997 CS, people are coming over and start asking questions. I wonder why...

Yeah, just eyeballed them at my local $tealer. JUST FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!!! I need to play eenie-meenie-mynie-moe to decide on the color, though!!!!

Just spent an hour at the local dealership. The 997S blk/blk was in the showroom. Had my dealer fire up the engine so that I could hear the exhaust sounds. Real cool and LOUD. My neighbors will love me. Also, it was a good idea to show up now to avoid the crowds on Saturday. (I was the only customer there ).

Anyways, my dealer told me that the sport exhaust was still not available for my order (October build). Even though the Porsche website said it would be available. We tried the November build and still not accepted. So my dealer will keep trying every week, or we might push the build out further. But, I got all my other options. My price now is almost $100K!!!

Oh yeah, I thought full leather meant soft leather around the dash but it was harder than I thought. But it's still very nice.

Well I drove the beast ! Power is very linear,unlike our present E55. This really makes you underappreciate the acceleration prowess of the car.
    I found the standard shift very pleasant and light.Clutch weight was moderate,my wife thought it only a little heavier than her Cooper S! Ride was a big surprise with PASM in normal mode-compliant,good damping and less susceptible to being thrown around compared to the E55.
    The car had adaptive electrical operated seats which made it easy to find a good driving position,although I found the proximity of the steering wheel to left knee disconcerting at first.Interior noise levels were low, I was disappointed in the exhaust note whilst in the car,however the A/C fans in 90'F Florida drowned out eveything else given the car had been standing outside.
    Fit and finish seemed relatively high Interior full leather was not anything to equal our 04 Range Rover Westminster,but your not buying the 997S for this reason.
    We confirmed our order for the delivery late Sept of a 997S Slate Grey/Black full leather, power seats,Bose package,Supple Leather, Nav PCM and saying goodbye to our always reliable 2001 E55.
    Finally I would like to thank RC and RON for a great site and informative dialog. Thanks Guys !!!!

Going to see it on Saturday, myself, my father, and my son. And then I will be ordering my 997S. GT Silver with Cocoa, have seen that combination in a 40th anniversary and it looks very classy.

Quote:
    9Eleven said:

The car had adaptive electrical operated seats....
    We confirmed our order ... power seats,... Supple Leather....

The last (July 27) Preliminary Order Guide I've seen states that option 982 - supple leather seats - conflicts with option PO1, the adaptive sport seats. Are you indicating that, in fact, they are now both available?

ArthurY
    The car we tested had adaptive seats,the car on order has standard seats,full leather, power and supple leather options.Hope this clarifies my post

Yes, it is beautiful!!
    I was driving by my local dealer today as they were unloading two 997's. The Carrera was seal grey, looked great, and the Carrera S was black, looked beautiful. I sat in it and checked out the whole car.... As many have said, it looks way better in person, what a beautiful car. I didn't like the turn indicator lights up front, but in person they are actually ok. The S appeared fully equipped and sitting inside it felt great. The inside was full leather and not as retro as I expected, which was nice.
    I'll be going to check out the official presentation this weekend
    Congrats to all who are getting one!!!

Imagine....The European version is way better looking, because of some tiny details.

I drove the 997S for 30 minutes yesterday. Big mistake. Made my 02 C2 seem a little old. The black S looks very aggressive and it is noticeably wider in the fenders. Th interior was more stylish with the Bose/PCM making a high tech appearance. The aluminum look trim brightness up the dash. The Adaptive Sport seats felt great, very supportive, adjustable, and comfortable. The wings did not press uncomfortably in my upper back.
    The PASM was the best new feature. Smooth, quiet and comfortable in normal mode on our rough Pennsylvania roads. Immediately stiffer with the sport button and with less body roll. Then push the Chrono button and the whole car changes. Even firmer suspension and what seemed to be more powerful acceleration. The Pasm gives the best of all worlds. Smooth everyday driving and great, firm, tightness for the track and back road.
    After I was done driving and drooling I realized I had forgotten to notice the new steering system. The car just felt great. So I think that fears over the steering may be unfounded.
    I am very excited about the new 911. It felt better built, quicker, and even a little lighter and sportier then my car. It has a lot of nice high tech new features. A neat little thing is the display under the tach that shows lots of the usual data but now also displays the band and song playing on the Bose sound system. Really cool for those always trying to remember who sang that song.
    I can't wait to get the new car. Patience.

Patience is not a virtue i possess

The 997S is on order now!

Swung by my local dealer as well....

I was surprised at how much smaller it appeared than a 996 w/aero kit parked right next to it. The hips and shorter nose probably heightend the perception. The headlights seem a lot larger in person which made them look better than the pictures I have seen. I'll wait until spring to take my test drive so I don't do something rash like buy it now just so it can sit all winter long.

Re: Swung by my local dealer as well....

Quote:
    KevinH said:
    I was surprised at how much smaller it appeared than a 996 w/aero kit parked right next to it. The hips and shorter nose probably heightend the perception.

This is actually the MAGIC which Porsche did with the 997: the car is indeed 3 cm shorter than the 996 but it looks smaller than the 996 and what is even most important: the line flow, the dimensions are just perfect. It looks like it is made from one piece, I just love it.

Re: Swung by my local dealer as well....

Quote:
    RC said:

the car is indeed 3 cm shorter than the 996

I believe you meant to say about 3 mm shorter?

Yesterday I stopped by Newport Auto Center in Newport Beach, CA and looked at the two cars that had arrived a day or so earlier. They hadn't washed the black 997S or seal gray 997 but they were still great looking. I sat in the S and got to start the engine. Loved the sound. No test drives allowed yet at this dealer.

I am about number 8 overall and number 4 for a Cab at the dealer. I will get their first allocation of Cabs. They are guessing I can order in October and it will arrive May "ish". I currently have a 99 Cab guards red/savannah and am considering an artic silver/black or guards red/black car. For whatever reason, I think the 997 looks best with the black interior because of all of the aluminum colored trim.

Having seen the 997/997S in person only makes the wait for my own that much harder.

Im going tommorow for sure .. Either Newport or Mckenna

I'll be hitting up Rusnak, Pasadena this weekend, here's hoping they have it?

I visisted a dealer yesterday and the rep took me to the back lot for exclusive time with a 997S. It is better looking in person. The "smile" looks much better in person than it does in print. I was surprised to see just how similar the center console buttons are to the cayenne design -- but it works. There are a lot of small buttons but it doesn't overwhelm. The "S" was Black/Black, standard leather. I was worried that the standard leather might be disappointing compared to full leather -- it is not! The standard seats are great -- adjustable lumbar support works like a dream.

I was able to start the "S" and the sound was great. There was a regular 997 parked right next to the "S" and the dealer started it so I could hear the difference. The "S" does sound more throaty, more growly -- but some of you experts can probably opine on this better than me.

I am so excited. My build date is sept 20th -- and then at least a 3 week wait to the east coast. I CAN'T WAIT!! You think porsche will expedite my order if i call and beg? Doubt it!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764085 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436355 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260974 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257908 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82608 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5325 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

876724 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808745 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM