Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Audi RS6 Sedan

Kreso, which gearbox will it get? any chance for a DSG?

Quote:
    PinKchampagnE said:
    Quote:
    reginos said:
    Quote:
    PinKchampagnE said:
    At least better than an SUV.

Given that none of them, no matter how good their road behaviour is, is a substitude for real sports cars

I guess you have a point there. To each their own, especially since it's a rather different philosophy anyway (sedan vs SUV).

Quote:
    reginos said:the SUV offers more ground clearance in case of snow or cross country routes, obstacles in country lanes etc. and the elevated driving position is very relaxing in crowded roads, in and out of city.

Definitely. Except that most of SUV owners won't go off-road. Most of the SUVs I see are stuck in heavy traffic. People just feel 'reassured' about them (elevated driving postion, as you said, not to mention supposedly better crash resistance (sic)), but only a few would take them on cross country routes.

I totally get why people would buy SUVs. I don't really get why people would buy an immensely powerful sedan, if it's just to cruise on the highway. But maybe I'm missing the point here.

PinkChampagne, you buy such a car for daily-driver duties. For some, a 2.7 TDI will be enough, while for others, an S6 just won't do. When the highway clears, it just feels so nice to really boot it and take it to a high speed. So this car is both comfortable and fast. A 911 Turbo, while quite comfortable, just lacks the room and tyre noise can be killer. Since this isn't a track car, the weight is not a problem IMO .

Quote:
    Discover said:

6speed Tiptronic. Since gearchanges are 100ms in sport mode you will not miss S Tronic.

BTW, S Tronic(7speed) is not even ready for new S4 so, Audi will introduce it as manual only first. S Tronic for S4 will follow in early 2009...

I like it, but the rear lights are TO much of an A4 IMO...

Audi is really lagging in transmissions to.
    No S-tronic for S4 at first... it is unfortunate.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    AWD is 40/60. Weight distribution is 60/40.

Pointless car? RS6 sedan is faster around Hockenheim and Ring then M3 sedan. Offers more interior space and far better traction, it is everyday car. Try to drive M3 on the snow...

Only true moron would choose any high power SUV over this car. OK, if you have big family and small kids SUV is potentially better solution...

Weight? Below 2000kgs...

Driving my two M3 all the year around...including to winter resorts ... A lot of fun, no problems on the snow except if you have to stop and restart in the middle of a steep hill. Obviously nowhere close to the efficiency of an AWD on the snow but much more fun.

E46

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Quote:
    Discover said:

6speed Tiptronic. Since gearchanges are 100ms in sport mode you will not miss S Tronic.

BTW, S Tronic(7speed) is not even ready for new S4 so, Audi will introduce it as manual only first. S Tronic for S4 will follow in early 2009...

What about the new 3.0T engine? any chance for S-Tronic attached?
    (We will probably replace our A6 3.2Q with either A6 3.0T or A8 3.0T).

thanks!

With that kind of hp, why don't they make an RS A8... S6 is too small for a family car. The Cayenne is pefect size for suburban US.

Overpriced.

Quote:
    svtrader1 said:
    Overpriced.

With the prices you guys are paying, even a Fiat Punto in Europe is overpriced...

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Faster on the Ring then M3 Coupe...

Faster on the autobahn then 997.2CS PDK(since via quattro Gmbh 300km/h limiter is possible! Officially only 280km/h but, I got two order codes-one is for 300km/h...)...

I will probably buy one...

Faster than an M3???? . This is a joke... Does anyone know the weight of this car? Nobody mentioned anything. And nobody mentioned anything because you're stuck with the word "horsepower". That's why you believe that it is faster than an M3, a 997S and in that way it could be faster than a F1 car... . Power to weight ratio little fellas... That what it's all about. Oh, also a Mack truck can produce 1500hp... Is that faster than an M3 too?

So, our Greek Porsche fanatic comments again...

RS6 Sedan 580ps/650Nm/1975kg(3.4kg/ps)

M3 Limo 420ps/400Nm/1605kg(3.8kg/ps)

New RS6 sedan is capable of 8.03min Ring time with sport tires. M3 Coupe achieved 8.05min with Cups...

RS6 Avant achieved 1.15,7min on Hockenheim with P Zeros and M3 Limo achieved 1.15,2min with Michelin PS2. RS6 sedan is according to Audi almost 1s faster on Hockenheim then Avant(little bit different suspension setup).

Regarding 997.2CS... It do not have any chance against RS6 on the autobahn... PDK or not...

Of course, on ANY track 997.2CS is faster...

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

New RS6 sedan is capable of 8.03min Ring time with sport tires. M3 Coupe achieved 8.05min with Cups...

RS6 Avant achieved 1.15,7min on Hockenheim with P Zeros and M3 Limo achieved 1.15,2min with Michelin PS2. RS6 sedan is according to Audi almost 1s faster on Hockenheim then Avant(little bit different suspension setup).

Regarding 997.2CS... It do not have any chance against RS6 on the autobahn... PDK or not...

Hope it's right... this piece of info will change ALL laws of physics taken into account in automotive engineering then. I'm not bothered, but I'll wait and see. Sorry for believing that a 2 ton car will actually perform really bad on the track, but let's wait and see. You maybe right. Things could be surprisingly good for RS6.

Quote:
    Sorry for believing that a 2 ton car will actually perform really bad on the track, but let's wait and see.

Do you remember ... the Datsun GT-R

By the way ... what is the 0-200 km/h spec. for the RS6?

Cheers
    Tom

Quote:
    Georgie997S said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Hope it's right... this piece of info will change ALL laws of physics taken into account in automotive engineering then. I'm not bothered, but I'll wait and see. Sorry for believing that a 2 ton car will actually perform really bad on the track, but let's wait and see. You maybe right. Things could be surprisingly good for RS6.

Well, the GT-R seems to be able to beat cars that are 300 kg lighter and of similar power with 1800 kg, so I don't see why this wouldn't beat an M3. Most likely not as fun to drive as an M3 (duh!), but an absolutely awesome everyday car nonetheless. It will be a great buy after a year when used specimens will be selling for 60-70.000 euros.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Georgie997S said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Well, the GT-R seems to be able to beat cars that are 300 kg lighter and of similar power with 1800 kg, so I don't see why this wouldn't beat an M3. Most likely not as fun to drive as an M3 (duh!), but an absolutely awesome everyday car nonetheless. It will be a great buy after a year when used specimens will be selling for 60-70.000 euros.

The GT-R my friend is not a 2 ton family car. The shape of the car is a very significant factor on the track. A very good example is the M5. It's a very fast car on a straight line, but if you track it you'll see a Honda civic type-r stuck in the M5's tail trying to overtake... It is very important to compare the cars taking into account some decent factors. The GT-R is only a little bit heavier than other cars in the same category, but its shape allows a really long wheel spacing and a suspension that is not comfortable at all... That means it can turn like it's still on a straight line. The RS6 is a different story. A family car does not allow a large wheel spacing and it certainly doesn't allow such an "uncomfortable" suspension. I think you get my point.

How many RS6 will be tracked? 0.5%... Since most RS6 drivers have some other car as well(997 GT3 for example)...

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    How many RS6 will be tracked? 0.5%... Since most RS6 drivers have some other car as well(997 GT3 for example)...

Absolutely correct!!! . Well-done. That's the point. RS6 is targeting on a different group of people. You say 0.5%, I say noone will track it. Simply not made for track use anyway. So there was no need to open up a discussion for its lap time in the first place. And the comparison with the M3 was useless. The question with this car is will it be a king among its new competitors?. Let's wait for the new M5 and see. As you have probably understood I do not respect Audis at all... Not because of the make, but for their bad performance among competition. For me the only Audi car that mattered was the older RS4 2.7 lt bi-Turbo. This car had proved a lot. After that ALL RS models were just tanks with large fuel consumption. Sorry if you're a big Audi fan, but I have to say what I see. Talk to you later then!!! Off to work now...

For those who haven't watched it, RS6 vs C63 on DR.

http://www.drivers-republic.com/dr_tv/in...p;area=features

'Someone said the RS6 was the fastest estate car in the world. It's NOT !'

Quote:
    Georgie997S said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Absolutely correct!!! . Well-done. That's the point. RS6 is targeting on a different group of people. You say 0.5%, I say noone will track it. Simply not made for track use anyway. So there was no need to open up a discussion for its lap time in the first place. And the comparison with the M3 was useless. The question with this car is will it be a king among its new competitors?. Let's wait for the new M5 and see. As you have probably understood I do not respect Audis at all... Not because of the make, but for their bad performance among competition. For me the only Audi car that mattered was the older RS4 2.7 lt bi-Turbo. This car had proved a lot. After that ALL RS models were just tanks with large fuel consumption. Sorry if you're a big Audi fan, but I have to say what I see. Talk to you later then!!! Off to work now...

You might not respect Audis, but I do. And the RS6 owners will laugh all the way while out-accelerating the M5 on the Autobahn .

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Well, it was you who brought up the debate about NBR and HHR laptimes.

Quote:
    PinKchampagnE said:
    For those who haven't watched it, RS6 vs C63 on DR.

http://www.drivers-republic.com/dr_tv/in...p;area=features

'Someone said the RS6 was the fastest estate car in the world. It's NOT !'

Try it from a 100 km/h roll. Standing start is for stoplight racers.

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Well, it was you who brought up the debate about NBR and HHR laptimes.

YES, it was me. BUT, I wanted to point out how good RS6 suspension is for that heavy car. Over 2t estate is as fast as Cayman S on the Hockenheim. That is my point.

IMHO RS6 is excellent car.

Also IMHO we have far too many MERCEDESEIN and PORSCHEIN addicts here.
    I respect all sporscar enuhusiasts but, DIE HARD brand fans DO NOT deserve any respect.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    I respect all sporscar enuhusiasts but, DIE HARD brand fans DO NOT deserve any respect.

Phew, haven't seen any Audi addicts lately.

Just joking, but the Cayman S has half of the RS6's horsepower rating and, as you probably know, due to its weight distribution the Audi will only be able to post this laptime in the very first round. Anyways, have fun with the car!

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Phew, haven't seen any Audi addicts lately.

Just joking, but the Cayman S has half of the RS6's horsepower rating and, as you probably know, due to its weight distribution the Audi will only be able to post this laptime in the very first round. Anyways, have fun with the car!

I like S3, R8 and RS6 a lot. I admit it, unlike some other people here...

I am supriesed how many people here hates Audi as a brand. We have powerfull SUV lovers(interesting enough, here and in nearby countries-Slovenia, Bosnia, etc. powerfull SUVs are driven by criminals, Mile Kitic fans and neurotic womens in their 30's) and BMW M5 and Mercedes AMG 63 models fans(or is it WBH/VKSF multiplied as several members??)...

So, it is good taste and understatement to drive Cayenne Turbo S in Nordsichgold but, it is bad one to drive RS6 in Daytonagrau

OK. Croatian criminals apparently have very good taste indeed...

Quote:
    Try it from a 100 km/h roll. Standing start is for stoplight racers

The Audi has 4WD ... that should give him the edge over the Mercedes ... so if the RS6 doesnt make it from stillstand with his quattro gizmo, why should it from rolling start at 100 km/h.

Naaahh ... the Audi is a tiger on paper ... but it does not deliver on the road.

Cheers
    Tom

Quote:
    Rookie said:
    Quote:

The Audi has 4WD ... that should give him the edge over the Mercedes ... so if the RS6 doesnt make it from stillstand with his quattro gizmo, why should it from rolling start at 100 km/h.

Naaahh ... the Audi is a tiger on paper ... but it does not deliver on the road.

Cheers
    Tom

Not true. The car has less displacement than the C63 and god knows how the gearing is set. AWD means nothing, really. A GT2 is faster than the 997TT to 100 km/h and it has RWD. The RS6 Avant is almost as fast to 300 km/h as a GT3 and the Sedan should be even closer. The AMG can't match that.

As for the GT2/997tt comparison ... the rear engine layout combined with latest PSM techn. and slip diff. AND some more HP does it in that special case for the GT2.

The RS6 must have de-tuned the torque ... and it is a heavy pig of course !!!

Cheers
    Tom

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rookie said:
    Quote:

Cheers
    Tom

Not true. The car has less displacement than the C63 and god knows how the gearing is set. AWD means nothing, really. A GT2 is faster than the 997TT to 100 km/h and it has RWD. The RS6 Avant is almost as fast to 300 km/h as a GT3 and the Sedan should be even closer. The AMG can't match that.

I personally think AUDI "RS" models are much sportier than AMG for sure in particular handling and braking.

Quote:
    Rookie said:
    As for the GT2/997tt comparison ... the rear engine layout combined with latest PSM techn. and slip diff. AND some more HP does it in that special case for the GT2.

The RS6 must have de-tuned the torque ... and it is a heavy pig of course !!!

Cheers
    Tom

Well, I'm telling you, nothing short of an SL/CL65 AMG will beat it from a roll. If you look at the video closely you'll see that the Audi has a terrible launch but then doesn't really seem to lose any ground. It only seems to pick up momentum the faster it goes. That being said, standing-start drag races aren't the best way to measure the car's performance as I seriously doubt these cars will be used in such a way.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689667 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409309 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255789 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235012 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65536 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4649 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858067 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774118 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM