Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Nissan GT-R Spec V specs revealed by R&T

Here are the numbers: 2 seats only, 520 hp @ 6500 rpm, 440 lb.-ft. of torque all the way from 3200-5200 rpm, 3615 lbs., 'Ring laps quicker than 7:30, $130,000 MSRP, early 2009.

So the car will lose its back seat and enough other stuff to shed 200 pounds, will get an extra 40 advertised horses, cost almost twice as much as the current model and lap the Nordschleife faster than a Porsche 997 GT2. We had that number as low as 7:25 recently, which is just insane. We're guessing there will be enough people that will wait for this model to hit U.S. shores when it debuts in early 2009, but even more who will think they can duplicate the recipe for far fewer dollars and a regular old GT-R.

Re: Nissan GT-R Spec V specs revealed by R&T

This is really funny. Nissan now starts contradicting themselves...

I can still recall that they claimed a "7.29" for the regular GTR. Now this super-duper-edition (twice as expensive as the regular GTR!) is claimed to do the ring in "less than 7.30". Very funny. That statement corresponds to "we cheated on you regarding the 7.29 claim - please believe us this time".

Yawn

Quote:
    MKSGR said:

I can still recall that they claimed a "7.29" for the regular GTR. Now this super-duper-edition (twice as expensive as the regular GTR!) is claimed to do the ring in "less than 7.30". Very funny. That statement corresponds to "we cheated on you regarding the 7.29 claim - please believe us this time".

Markus, why are you in doubt? After all, what is a V-Spec, other than a much lighter and much more powerful standard GT-R without any creature comforts? I mean, that's what the car that did 7:29 was .

$130k, that's nucking futs!

Quote:
    devo said:
    $130k, that's nucking futs!

Aucking F!

Quote:
    MKSGR said:

They didn't claim anything about the V-Spec yet.

They must've taken the marketing strategy directly from Porsche (remove back seats, mildly tweak engine tuning, improve brakes and firm suspension = Equals DOUBLE the price). Remind anyone of the GT2?

Why is everyone freaking out about the $130K price tag?!

The 911 TT cost about the same...
    The 911 GT2 cost $192K and by comparison, the VSpec puts out equally if not better numbers than both 911 models.

So what's the big fuss about Super Godzilla's price tag? If anything, it's a bargin compared to anything the Italian's and German's are producing.

Quote:
    MKSGR said:

I think you misread the statement.
    All they said is that it will do sub 7:30, they haven't quoted an official exact number just yet.

In other words, it'll be quicker than the GT-R - just how quick .... STAY TUNED.

But sources who've seen the thing testing at the ring have clicked off 7:25 informally. No telling what state of tune or tires it was running on though.

Quote:
    Heist said:

The 911 GT2 cost $192K and by comparison, the VSpec puts out equally if not better numbers than both 911 models.

So what's the big fuss about Super Godzilla's price tag? If anything, it's a bargin compared to anything the Italian's and German's are producing.

People don't mind paying more for the intangibles that you get with a Ferrari or Porsche. Those intangibles just aren't part of Nissan, and that's why the other marque's can command higher prices. It's like paying $5K for a Timex which keeps time just as well as a Chopard or something.

Quote:
    JoeRockhead said:
    Quote:
    Heist said:

People don't mind paying more for the intangibles that you get with a Ferrari or Porsche. Those intangibles just aren't part of Nissan, and that's why the other marque's can command higher prices. It's like paying $5K for a Timex which keeps time just as well as a Chopard or something.

Point taken, but with a P, F, or L - most "car people" know you're paying a hefty premium for brand snobbery and heritage, which is fine. Your money, your choice.

I'm sort of an absolute value guy - if I can find a car that takes the premium marks to task with equal refinement and useability (i.e. Caparo, Radicals, and the ilk don't count b/c these are nothing more than street legal shifter carts ), it cost substantially less but it doesn't have the intangiables then I'm cool with it.

I guess I'm a bit more analytical and less emotional about these things because my background is both in Engineering and Economics where "emotional" choices usually lead to bad decisions and inefficiency.

Quote:
    Heist said:

Because for $69k you get virtually the same car. And at that price, you can learn to live with the ugly styling in exchange for the speed (but not at $130k)...

And no Japanese car is worth over $100k...because it's made in Japan. If it were a European car, then it's a different matter.

Quote:
    Heist said:
    Quote:
    JoeRockhead said:
    Quote:
    Heist said:

Point taken, but with a P, F, or L - most "car people" know you're paying a hefty premium for brand snobbery and heritage, which is fine. Your money, your choice.

I'm sort of an absolute value guy - if I can find a car that takes the premium marks to task with equal refinement and useability (i.e. Caparo, Radicals, and the ilk don't count b/c these are nothing more than street legal shifter carts ), it cost substantially less but it doesn't have the intangiables then I'm cool with it.

I guess I'm a bit more analytical and less emotional about these things because my background is both in Engineering and Economics where "emotional" choices usually lead to bad decisions and inefficiency.

Does that make you boring too?

130 thousand dollars is the price of the M3 over here...

Quote:
    MKSGR said:

Nissan contradicting themselves ???

These bollocks are made by RaT, not Nissan.

However, other specs are OK.

520hp (+40), 598Nm (+10), boost 0,85bar (+0,1, 997 GT2 - 1,4bar), 1640kg (-100), carbon ceramic brakes, carbon diffusor and spoilers, carbon sport seats, price in Japan 13 300 000 yen, more than 50% higher than regular GT-R

These specs should be confirmed officialy in September, orders in Japan from October, deliveries Q1 2009. Deliveries in USA Q4 2009.

You guys take the impact of this Nissan too seriously IMO.

Fast car yes! Good AWD technology yes! Some people will buy it and also save some $$$ compared to traditional fast cars and will have every right to boast about their astute consumption behaviour.

But it will not rewrite history or change the face of transport.

Everything must be seen in perspective!

$130K!

Pretty Smucking Fart!

Quote:
    eclou said:
    Yawn

Good night and sleep well.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:

Markus, why are you in doubt? After all, what is a V-Spec, other than a much lighter and much more powerful standard GT-R without any creature comforts? I mean, that's what the car that did 7:29 was .

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:

well.. its the end of the GTR...

To put things in perspective with its competition,

The GT-R is $3k less expensive than a Corvette Z06.

The GT-R V-Spec is around $27k more expensive than the Corvette ZR-1 (the carbon fibre bodied, carbon-ceramic brake, MUCH more powerful Supercharged version of the Z06, which has 100hp more rated power than V-spec and weighs FAR less)

Well, it sounds like the Germans wants a piece of this action too. Audi reckons the R8 V10 will trump GT-R and ZR-1! http://www.ausringers.com/2008/07/29/audi-expects-r8-v10-to-trump-gt-r-and-zr1-lap-times.html

Quote:
    WAY said:
    Well, it sounds like the Germans wants a piece of this action too. Audi reckons the R8 V10 will trump GT-R and ZR-1! http://www.ausringers.com/2008/07/29/audi-expects-r8-v10-to-trump-gt-r-and-zr1-lap-times.html

That will happen...ONLY if Audi sticks twin turbo's on it....

Quote:
    WAY said:
    Quote:
    Heist said:
    Quote:
    JoeRockhead said:
    Quote:
    Heist said:

Does that make you boring too?

Actually, sometimes - yes it does.

Especially when I go into "break-it-down" mode. Yawn fest.

But it comes in handy for making $$$, so I take it all in stride.

Gr8 now the Nissan Engineers head is as big as the moon. $130K for a Japanese car? You mean to tell me the value has doubled? So the Nissan is not just faster than the 997tt, better quality and same price too, yeah right

$130,000 eh????

I'd rather have used 997 tt for 100.000 and 30k in mods... ANd i bet it will be faster, live longer, and it seems like Porsche maintance will be cheaper lol

Still needs to lose at least 400 lbs.

David

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777428 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441772 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262803 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261005 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85271 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5592 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880686 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816061 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM