Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

John Elkann replaces Sergio Marchionne...

... with Louis Camilleri as new CEO.

Good or bad news for Ferrari and Ferrari customers? Smiley

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/john-elkann-appointed-chairman-of-ferrari-replaces-sergio-marchionne-1887660

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Re: John Elkann replaces Sergio Marchionne...

Definitely it was bad news for the new bosses to see Vettel's performance at Hockenheimring yesterday!

I've just realized  that Marchionne's has been replaced due to ill health. It is not clear what is wrong with him?

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

reginos:

Definitely it was bad news for the new bosses to see Vettel's performance at Hockenheimring yesterday!

I've just realized  that Marchionne's has been replaced due to ill health. It is not clear what is wrong with him?

Serious issue after a shoulder operation? Smiley I think he is in a coma right now, not sure if it is an induced coma or as a result of the operation (anesthesia?). 

I've seen very healthy people die or entering a serious life threatening condition from/after harmless operations, mostly related to issues with the anesthesia performed.

Of course this is only speculation...

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

he has cancer, very serius they say....

--

993 c2

xander71:

The official statement said something about a harmless shoulder operation which went terribly wrong. Smiley

All the boulevard media outlets in Italy report cancer, the serious ones a condition after the shoulder operation. Smiley

According to a press release, "Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. communicates with profound sorrow that during the course of this week unexpected complications arose while Mr. Marchionne was recovering from surgery and that these have worsened significantly in recent hours." 

FCA previously confirmed that Marchionne had undergone shoulder surgery earlier in July. His current health condition is not immediately clear.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

i have read 'irreversible coma':::(((

According to mr. Grande Stevens ( lawyer of the family, friend of Gianni Agnelli) the cause of his problem is the abuse of cigarettes, lung cancer.

xander71:

That is indeed what they say here in Zürich. I doubt he would come here “only” for a shoulder op.

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

bluelines:
    xander71:

That is indeed what they say here in Zürich. I doubt he would come here “only” for a shoulder op.

RC said shoulder Smiley probably a bad recovery after R8 fast blind corner challenge while driving a fefe Smiley

hope this guy will feel better though.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    bluelines:
    xander71:

RC said shoulder Smiley probably a bad recovery after R8 fast blind corner challenge while driving a fefe Smiley

RC knows. Best. Always. Smiley

Wish Sergio all the best too Smiley

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

bluelines:
    the-missile:
    bluelines:
    xander71:

RC knows. Best. Always. Smiley

Wish Sergio all the best too Smiley

Unlike you guys, I don't get my news from the Migros Magazine. Smiley

I was just citing the official information released by Fiat/Chrysler.

--

Best wishes for the man's recovery, but how can an orthopedic procedure on the shoulder end up in a near-terminal condition cheeky

--

reginos:

Best wishes for the man's recovery, but how can an orthopedic procedure on the shoulder end up in a near-terminal condition cheeky

--

Oh boy...I think my posts are just useless. Smiley 

Hint: Anesthesia and/or post op infections, also possible complications from the surgery itself. 

This is why there is a rule of thumb: If you don't really need an operation, don't do it. Even minor ones can result in death. Rare but it happens.

--

RC:
    reginos:

--

Hint: Anesthesia and/or post op infections, also possible complications from the surgery itself. 

This is why there is a rule of thumb: If you don't really need an operation, don't do it. Even minor ones can result in death. Rare but it happens.

You are so right. And sometimes bad things can happen even in the best places!

--

reginos:
    RC:
    reginos:

--

You are so right. And sometimes bad things can happen even in the best places!

--

all true but there is serious talk about lung cancer. not sure if it is true or not...

Yep, lots of lung cancer talk. Maybe the company wanted to protect his privacy and used the shoulder operation "excuse" before it went sideways. Cancer is a bitch, if true, I really wish him well. Stupid illness, three of my wife's friends had breast cancer over the past four years, this definitely left a psychological scar on my wife and of course impacted the families of those affected in a very very sad way. They are well now but we all know that breast cancer is one of the biggest bitches of all. angry

--

reginos:

To Reginos' question, more news on the complexity of the shoulder, which is reported now to have been a form of cancer (invasive shoulder sarcoma), and that an embolism has resulted in the present coma.  

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/marchionne-suffered-embolism-during-cancer-surgery

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

4trac:
    reginos:

To Reginos' question, more news on the complexity of the shoulder, which is reported now to have been a form of cancer (invasive shoulder sarcoma), and that an embolism has resulted in the present coma.  

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/marchionne-suffered-embolism-during-cancer-surgery

Very sad situation.

A reminder that life is fragile and transient!

--

reginos:
    4trac:
    reginos:

Very sad situation.

A reminder that life is fragile and transient!

I don't like him that much, how he led Ferrari and his way of behaviour and talking about Ferrari and its customers, especially after a man like Montezemolo. But this is sad news.

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Marchionne just died...RIP.  surprise

--

this was really fast. sad news...

--

997.1 C4 Silver (current), 996.1C4 (sold), 997.1C2S (sold) 986.1S (sold)

RIP.

If true that the deceased suffered a stroke during surgery, then if he was to regain consciousness most probably his quality of life would have been awful.

My father survived cerebral embolism and lived for a further 10 years. However he lived with many and substantial deficits. That was bad both for him and φορ those around him, especially since he had been α very active person prior to that incident,

--

reginos:

RIP.

If true that the deceased suffered a stroke during surgery, then if he was to regain consciousness most probably his quality of life would have been awful.

My father survived cerebral embolism and lived for a further 10 years. However he lived with many and substantial deficits. That was bad both for him and φορ those around him, especially since he had been α very active person prior to that incident,

Sorry to hear about that, my father also lived a couple of years with Alzheimers, awful for me and the family, probably not so much for him since he didn't recognize anyone anymore and lived in his own world. It started with 85, got worse with 88 and he died at age 93. I wish he would still live and enjoy life with my mother together but life is what it is and we cannot really control it. Smiley

--

RC:
    reginos:

RIP.

Sorry to hear about that, my father also lived a couple of years with Alzheimers, awful for me and the family, probably not so much for him since he didn't recognize anyone anymore and lived in his own world. It started with 85, got worse with 88 and he died at age 93. I wish he would still live and enjoy life with my mother together but life is what it is and we cannot really control it. Smiley

If you think about it everybody's life hangs by a thread. Therefore, we must enjoy life, each in his/her own way, while it lasts.

As to Alzheimers, unfortunately there are more and more people with early-onset in the 50s or even in the 40s.

--

life is fragile ..

one of the reasons I have gone for voluntary redundancy in Oct 2018

RIP

I’m sorry to hear about your Dad RC. Mine is now 86 and I can hear confusion in his voice and see it when we skype. Even if it is just old age. Will be on the Costa Del Sol next week for a visit to his summer place and to spend as much time as possible. Life is short. 

RIP

sfo:

life is fragile ..

--

Being adventurous can be risky but routine is lethal.

nberry:
    sfo:

life is fragile ..

When your employer pays you to leave, like incentivized early retirement.

Jeannot:

this was really fast. sad news...

Indeed, when FCA and Elkann were talking about him in the past tense already a few days ago, you knew this was very bad.  The letter to employees was similarly blunt.  

Top Gear said this about Marchionne:  "He made quick, ruthless decisions. But he always explained himself – no other industry boss is so outspoken, blunt, articulate, and clearly brilliantly intelligent. He is also very funny."  In a world of robotic CEOs who never seem to utter a word of original thought, he was very different.   

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    752832 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430477 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258474 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255406 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5248 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868082 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801666 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM