Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018)

SciFrog:
    RC:
    pmarkow:
    RC:

Peter, you were always opposed to me, politically but also mature and civilized enough to use arguments, not insults. You were never a problem, neither was Leawood or many others. For the sake of a peaceful community, I think it is sometimes better not to discuss politics. I wish we could but it doesn't work, we tried. Smiley

i think you are right, very unfortunately so because this forum has a very wide spectrum of political backgrounds and orientations....this is not easy to find.

This is why I love this forum and I wish we could talk freely about everything without getting too emotional. Unfortunately... Smiley Smiley

Same here. I value the opinion of many here, even if I often disagree, and like to hear everyone’s arguments. Real shame we cannot have this anymore Smiley How about a stronger moderation? Automatic posts delete if they go too far?

We discussed this, too much work. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

pmarkow:
    RC:

Peter, you were always opposed to me, politically but also mature and civilized enough to use arguments, not insults. You were never a problem, neither was Leawood or many others. For the sake of a peaceful community, I think it is sometimes better not to discuss politics. I wish we could but it doesn't work, we tried. Smiley

i think you are right, very unfortunately so because this forum has a very wide spectrum of political backgrounds and orientations....this is not easy to find.

I agree. The FIFA World Cup did get a bit heated..Remember Smiley...

Thought RC was going to get in between a few Smiley...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

This is a good article on the US tariffs.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-seen-imposing-auto-tariffs-despite-industry-opposition-in-u-s/?ftag=CNM-00-10aac3a

--

Being adventurous can be risky but routine is lethal.

Coming back on topic,with finally a good news for me!!

my car went out of production last Friday the 20th.

now is waiting for a truck...hope to see it next week!blush

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

Super Darius:

Lucky you Smiley...

No sleepless nights, buddy. Too much chest hair for that lark. Smiley...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

Great news!

Kobalt:

Great news!

Agreed and finally back on topic!

Super Darius:

Glad to hear, it was close!  rock.gif

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

I have been reading on RL that several RS have been moved up in the production cycle all for early EXCEPT mine. Its getting pushed back even further. Now Porsche system is showing my dealer going from mid November to last week in November.surprise Nothing special about my spec's. Extended leather dash and door trim plus PCCB's. 

Now there is a 90% chance I will not take the car because of the tariff.crying A Fox opinion writer opined today that Trump has always felt the Americans are not paying enough for their cars. He is determined to impose the tariff.laugh

--

Cars are too cheap in the USA compared to the rest of the world... Why do you think you see Audi BMW and Mercedes everywhere?

2018 Porsche 991 GT3 RS mk2 looking good in black and gold....

Smiley

SciFrog:

Cars are too cheap in the USA compared to the rest of the world... Why do you think you see Audi BMW and Mercedes everywhere?

I believe you're a citizen of the US and you're complaining that we don't pay enough for our cars? What's with you?Smiley

Anything to support Trump. Jeez..mail

--

How about a 991 GT3 RS mk2 in blue?

Stunning, in a retro way.

nberry:
    SciFrog:

I believe you're a citizen of the US and you're complaining that we don't pay enough for our cars? What's with you?Smiley

Simply solution is to stay with the car you currently own.  End of problem as that car is virtually new and nearly identical in performance, especially for one who never tracks a car, to the GT3 RS.  Less politics and more 911 GT3 RS content!

CGX car nut:
    nberry:
    SciFrog:

Simply solution is to stay with the car you currently own.  End of problem as that car is virtually new and nearly identical in performance, especially for one who never tracks a car, to the GT3 RS.  Less politics and more 911 GT3 RS content!

Smiley

Don't tease him now. 

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

nberry:
    SciFrog:

Count to ten Nick, I know you are upset right now but Scifrog was just stating a fact, nothing more, cars in US are cheaper than in RoW, even imported cars are cheaper than in their original countries.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Super Darius:

... my car went out of production last Friday the 20th...

Mine too. Might see it this week already (was put on special transport)... No RS though.

Hope Nick will catch a break regarding his car. Smiley

Carlos from Spain:

Count to ten Nick, I know you are upset right now but Scifrog was just stating a fact, nothing more, cars in US are cheaper than in RoW, even imported cars are cheaper than in their original countries.

This is true of Porsche, but not all German cars.  And British and Italian cars are relatively more expensive here for some reason...

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Boxster Coupe GTS:

2018 Porsche 991 GT3 RS mk2 looking good in black and gold....

Man I Love black and gold  combo on sports cars ! 

Yes, I am frustrated that my car has been delayed when just about everyone else on RL are posting their car build and delivery dates are being move up. But I honestly don't get someone wanted us to pay more because other countries have higher taxes, What is the logic behind complaining in the US cars are cheaper?

Make no mistake, EU welfare benefits, health coverages and other social programs are far more liberal than in the US. We pay a price for our tax system. Should we turn to the European model? Would that make many on this board happy?

As I posted before, if the tariff is imposed I walk. My only issue is when and if I turn in my .2GT3. 

--

nberry:

Yes, I am frustrated that my car has been delayed when just about everyone else on RL are posting their car build and delivery dates are being move up. But I honestly don't get someone wanted us to pay more because other countries have higher taxes, What is the logic behind complaining in the US cars are cheaper?

Make no mistake, EU welfare benefits, health coverages and other social programs are far more liberal than in the US. We pay a price for our tax system. Should we turn to the European model? Would that make many on this board happy?

As I posted before, if the tariff is imposed I walk. My only issue is when and if I turn in my .2GT3. 

I would be very frustrated and most likely not able to complete the purchase due to economic grounds if the price shot up. I feel your pain. I do like this resistance to higher taxes though.  The point he others are making is valid that German Cars have always been cheaper here. Wish the McLaren was cheap here like it is for RC.   If you are out of the game entirely and don’t need to return your GT3 to the dealer to get the next one ☝️.  I will take good care of it when you are done. 

But seriously. You have until November from the sound of it to decide and everything will look differently. We may have a brand spanking new government by then. Or we simply carry on until next year.  You are in a great spot, one which many of us would be enjoying. Do the same!  Cheers and drive the wheels of that awesome red car for me. Still always will be thinking of the fantastic ride you gave me!  Never mind RL. What is that anyway?

nberry:

Nick, paying a higher price after tariff, that puts the car on par with RoW cost, will let you appreciate the car better. 

Sorry guys, not trying to be political now, but just stating facts: (other mod can delete this post or edit it if they think it's inappropriate.)

The tariff doesn't goes to waste. It goes into the government's general funds that could be used for other programs. it is the same argument the left had been trying to use for taxing the rich more. Poor people don't buy Porsches so this is in a way another tax for rich people only. With your ideology against Trump and more aligned with the Democrats, you shouldn't have a problem with paying the tariff when you were in support of Democrats idea of raising tax for the riches. The tariff is basically a consumption tax after all. And consumption tax is the fairest, the rich spend more hence pays more. 

And your tariff, is basically the same as my government raising luxury car tax by an extra 10% since April. I don't like it, I try to find ways around it. Didn't stop me from buying cars. But at the end of the day, it's just a consumption tax. 

Now if you really gonna bail on the GT3RS simply because of the tariff, then you loses all credibility on criticizing Trump the Republican. As what he is doing with the tariff on import cars is exactly the same as Democrats wanting to impose higher taxes on the rich.

Everyone wanted to laugh at Trump, but this tariff on import cars is a stroke of genius. He just shut up all Democrats. If someone doesn't want to pay tariff, they can always buy domestic, which means by default supporting American auto unions. For those that oppose the tariff, they painted themselves as anti-American made, anti-rich people tax. 

--

Whoopsy:
    nberry:

Nick, paying a higher price after tariff, that puts the car on par with RoW cost, will let you appreciate the car better. 

Sorry guys, not trying to be political now, but just stating facts: (other mod can delete this post or edit it if they think it's inappropriate.)

The tariff doesn't goes to waste. It goes into the government's general funds that could be used for other programs. it is the same argument the left had been trying to use for taxing the rich more. Poor people don't buy Porsches so this is in a way another tax for rich people only. With your ideology against Trump and more aligned with the Democrats, you shouldn't have a problem with paying the tariff when you were in support of Democrats idea of raising tax for the riches. The tariff is basically a consumption tax after all. And consumption tax is the fairest, the rich spend more hence pays more. 

And your tariff, is basically the same as my government raising luxury car tax by an extra 10% since April. I don't like it, I try to find ways around it. Didn't stop me from buying cars. But at the end of the day, it's just a consumption tax. 

Now if you really gonna bail on the GT3RS simply because of the tariff, then you loses all credibility on criticizing Trump the Republican. As what he is doing with the tariff on import cars is exactly the same as Democrats wanting to impose higher taxes on the rich.

Everyone wanted to laugh at Trump, but this tariff on import cars is a stroke of genius. He just shut up all Democrats. If someone doesn't want to pay tariff, they can always buy domestic, which means by default supporting American auto unions. For those that oppose the tariff, they painted themselves as anti-American made, anti-rich people tax. 

So correct.  

+1 what I said is inline but I was way more shy around the topic. 

For a very calming (almost put you to sleep) unbiased explanation of current events do visit blog.dilbert.com and listen to Scott’s daily coffee chat. It really helps me to coexist with my very liberal wife and may help all of us. I suspect Mike V listens frequently. 

Nick, you can’t be serious. Just about every trade expert, every automobile manufacturer and economists state unequivocally that tariffs especially on the auto sector will will be economic suicide. Trump is gambling that the EU and Japan cave. I have no idea if they will. This much I know, when this entire matter is settled the US will be poorer.

Also, I’m not sure if you’re aware that there is one group which backs the tariffs. The group you despise with a passion;

UNIONS. 

Though I can afford the additional $45,000 I would never pay it. Though I love cars, I am sensible about them. They are only one of my interests and not my top priority. My consternation about the RS is related to Porsche having me on a YO YO string and I don’t like that. I have lived my life controlling and not being controlled. My .2 GT3 is a fabulous car and I may just keep it. Mike, I’m under no obligation to turn it in.

--

throt:
    Super Darius:

Lucky you Smiley...

No sleepless nights, buddy. Too much chest hair for that lark. Smiley...

Yes and these sleepless night are not good,becouse they let go worse the problem that i'm loosing all hair from my heads,and they born on my chest.SmileySmiley

--

DuckieRS:
    Super Darius:

... my car went out of production last Friday the 20th...

Mine too. Might see it this week already (was put on special transport)... No RS though.

I think that earliest mine can be here monday,but more likely tuesday.Hope to be able to have plates and registration and take it home next friday.

My former RS Mk1(now sold) was at my dealer from first days of April...but thinking abou,t seems a lot more time,can't wait to have the box full again.Smiley

--

Super Darius:
    DuckieRS:

My former RS Mk1(now sold) was at my dealer from first days of April...but thinking abou,t seems a lot more time,can't wait to have the box full again.Smiley

how is the market in Italy for .1RS?Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    Super Darius:
    DuckieRS:

how is the market in Italy for .1RS?Smiley

mmh...

before i think was easy to sell my car...but nope...was not so easy.

I took home around 175k euros..sure good,i payed it less than 200k euros, 3 years and 14k kms ago,so i'm satisfied also if i was sure to take at least 180k,really the car is perfect,like new.

My car BTW goes in France...in Italy a few person interested but in 3 months nobody take out the money.Seems that all are sure to have a .2RS and are waiting to have a quote of the second bunch.When they will see that there will be not so much cars also next year,maybe they will return on market of the second handsSmiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690610 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409856 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256076 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235303 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65721 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4721 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858530 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774797 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM