Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

PoggipoliniTitanium Wheel Bolts

I remember a thread some time ago about wheel nuts, I would like to purchase Poggipolini Titanium ones, I have been in touch with Poggipolini Group - International Sales Management and they have told me they are not available for quiet some time due to a some extremely large orders for the aeronautics industry, does anyone know anywhere else I could purchase them,I have also been told they come with a (hex head and torx head)I would like the ones with torx head.

Many thanks.........

Re: PoggipoliniTitanium Wheel Bolts

GEE-BEE on 6speed has them on order from, I think, Wheels Boutique. They are a sponsor on speed. http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132479 See post 22. I bought mine directly from Poggipolini in Italy. If you order be specific about the engraving if you want it. Mine came not engraved and I had to return them for engraving.

I live in Bologna , 1km near Poggipollini factory and I know them very well ...

if you need them ,tell me and I'm sure to have a good discount ...( 20%) ...

I also have 1 set for 997 Gt3 used ....they are perfect ....I sell them beacuse I sold my car .

if you want them send a PM ...ciaoo!

I got mine from Vivid Racing.

Quote:
    sergini said:

I also have 1 set for 997 Gt3 used ....they are perfect ....I sell them beacuse I sold my car .

Sergini You have PM

Do you have any problem with them seizing? Titanium into aluminum is not a good combination. I would imagine you need to make sure you use anti-seize compound.

yummy bolts.

So....how much ?

Quote:
    sergini said:

Sergini you have PM from me as well!

I have these on my 996 GT2. Good for another 10mph top speed-just joking. They look trick though on my BBS E88's.

Quote:
    NelsonF said:
    I have these on my 996 GT2. Good for another 10mph top speed-just joking. They look trick though on my BBS E88's.

They probably add as much to performance as some of the airboxes/cold air intakes advertised.

Quote:
    jeffbco said:
    Quote:
    NelsonF said:

They probably add as much to performance as some of the airboxes/cold air intakes advertised.

Oh, yes. At least that much.

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    jeffbco said:
    Quote:
    NelsonF said:

Oh, yes. At least that much.

Improves the PAR...Performance Appearance Ratio

Quote:
    berty987 said:
    So....how much ?

Direct from

Poggipolini Group - International Sales Management
    Via Emilia Levante, 262
    40068 S.Lazzaro di Savena (BO), ITALY
    Tel.: (direct) +39 051 199 857 44
    http://www.poggipolini.it

They have a few extremely large orders for the aeronautics industry therefore 90 days would be the minimum delivery time, total shipping price to the Uk 696 EUROS,

How much do they shed from the rotating mass and unsprung weight?

I *vaguely* recall reading from someone's post, or possibly doing the addition myself (?), something around 1 lb. for all the bolts?

Quote:
    LoranTw said:

Quote:
    cannga said:
    I *vaguely* recall reading from someone's post, or possibly doing the addition myself (?), something around 1 lb. for all the bolts?

Quote:
    LoranTw said:

I weighed them both the stock & my Titanium but cant find the data. I remember the stock bolts weighed 4.1 lbs & think the Titanium weighed less than half that. I'll have to pull one off my car.

One question before I commit to buy them.

The guy who I bought my wheels from (Champion GP7) tells me the seat of the bolt MAY not be compatible with the hole in the wheel, so now I am not sure what to do, also they come in 2 lenghts, 58mm and 64.5

My opc tells me that the factory bolts are 60mm and thinks it would be best to get the 64.5

anyone know the answers

GP7 wheels here with Poggipolini Titanium 58mm same length than oem. No problem at all. Several thousands kms, reaching 300+ km/h and everything ok, so far... just be careful tightening, i use the factory recommended cipher 130Nm. and Optimol Paste TA.

Quote:
    Alcyon said:
    GP7 wheels here with Poggipolini Titanium 58mm same length than oem. No problem at all. Several thousands kms, reaching 300+ km/h and everything ok, so far... just be careful tightening, i use the factory recommended cipher 130Nm. and Optimol Paste TA.

I was just going to reply that the stock bolts were the same exact length as the titanium ones I got. (guess thats the 58mm) As for the Titanium bolt ball seat shape they are the same as stock too so if the wheels accept stock bolts they should be fine w/ the Titanium's. Running Champions RS171's here. Ft lbs at 95 and no problems whatsoever w/ loosening or seizing after 5000 miles, every bolt stays exactly the same ft lbs as when they were first put on.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Alcyon said:

I was just going to reply that the stock bolts were the same exact length as the titanium ones I got. (guess thats the 58mm) As for the Titanium bolt ball seat shape they are the same as stock too so if the wheels accept stock bolts they should be fine w/ the Titanium's. Running Champions RS171's here. Ft lbs at 95 and no problems whatsoever w/ loosening or seizing after 5000 miles, every bolt stays exactly the same ft lbs as when they were first put on.

I have just recieved a email from the supplier of the wheels and this is what it said,

They will not work. The supplied bolts are much smaller dia. at the flange to
    fit the holes in the wheels. The bolts you sent the pdf of will probably not
    even fit in the holes. Also, they have the wrong seat. The GP7 uses a
    cone seat
    while the other bolts have a round seat. I don't understand this. Why not just
    use the bolts that were supplied with the wheels that 100% work perfectly?

So I guess I am stuck witht he bolts that were supplied with the wheels

Quote:
    Alcyon said:

You have PM

Pic1:
    left=oem. middle=PES. right=Poggipolini
    There is a difference of 7mm between PES bolt thread and Poggipolini. See also the seat.
    Pic2:
    GP7, PES and Poggipolini bolts

Thank you alcyon, a picture is worth a thousand words.

I will choose Poggipolini 64,5mm or the PES bolts. Im using now Poggipolini 58mm, could it be dangerous?

Quote:
    bingo said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Alcyon said:

I have just recieved a email from the supplier of the wheels and this is what it said,

They will not work. The supplied bolts are much smaller dia. at the flange to
    fit the holes in the wheels. The bolts you sent the pdf of will probably not
    even fit in the holes. Also, they have the wrong seat. The GP7 uses a
    cone seat
    while the other bolts have a round seat. I don't understand this. Why not just
    use the bolts that were supplied with the wheels that 100% work perfectly?

So I guess I am stuck witht he bolts that were supplied with the wheels

Like I said the wheels need to be like stock ( or Champions) to work w/ Poggipolini's. The GP7's cone are obviously different than stock. Definitely dont use Poggipolini's or stock bolts on GP7's.

Quote:
    Alcyon said:
    I will choose Poggipolini 64,5mm or the PES bolts. Im using now Poggipolini 58mm, could it be dangerous?

Stock bolts & Poggipolini are interchangeable. From your pic you can see the PES's have a different seat than stock & Poggipolini. You have to use the cone shaped PES bolts on the GP7's. You cant use the round seat Poggipolini or stock bolts on GP7's.

I thought the PES GP7's were made by Champion. It seems strange (but certainly not impossible) that they would require different bolts.

Quote:
    sparkhill said:
    I thought the PES GP7's were made by Champion. It seems strange (but certainly not impossible) that they would require different bolts.

They are but obviously they designed them w/ a different seat. Champions own wheels have the round seat & work w/ stock bolts or Poggipolini for that matter. Don't know why PES designed theirs differently but they did.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    759899 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    433942 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259801 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256949 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80631 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5308 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

870830 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    805921 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM