Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 2016 Porsche 911 [991.2]

Tire clearance testing. Of course. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA_kVDpVk1c

Hello everyone,

I'm about to order a base Carrera with some options...

Living in Belgium, I wonder if any of you have experience with buying abroad, in my case, in Germany.

why? Well, prices in Germany do seem to be quite less expensive, comparing to Belgium.

although I have no idea about any discounts in Germany, nor any other costs (like importing...), do you know of any advantages pricewise? Or any other issues like warranty, specs...

thanks for your feedback!

Sam

He Sam,

Just bought my 911 Turbo in Germany (live in Belgium), imported the car last week. The price list price was a bit lower then Belgium ( even taking in account the 2% more VAT compared to Belgium). Sometimes in Germany you can get really good discounts on stock cars. I got a really nice discount form the Germany dealer on an order car. Importing to Belgium is really easy. No issue at all warranty wise. You only need to order as option the PVTS alarm on the car, in Belgium this is standard included in the price. The PVTS you normally need for your insurance in Belgium. The car will be invoiced without VAT in Germany and you need to pay the VAT at the customs in Belgium. The real cost for importing is 0,03 Euro (this is not a joke!)

Good luck

Joop

He Joop,

thanks for the quick feedback.

I forgot to mention that I will rent (financial lease) the car through my company, dunno if it matters...

what about the import procedure: did you have to do it or did the dealer took care of it? How did you get the car, you went after it or did they bring to you? lots of questions, sorry for that...but excited is what I am!

and last but not least: any suggestion for a good dealer in Germany?

tnx,

Sam

Smaler dealers in smaler cities normaly give higher discounts.
    6% you should get everywhere. 8%-9% is possible when I dealer really wants to sell. 10-12% on stock cars.

I would start in germany near the belgium border. This dealers will likely have some experience with belgium buyers.

--

daily: BMW 430d
    for fun: Porsche Boxster GTS

He Sam,

The procedure is simple, the dealer cannot do this you need to do this yourself. Once the car is at the dealer he has to make you the invoice (including the discount). Then you need to go to an "douane kantoor" for example in Bilzen (L) at the customs office you need to present the following documents: Original invoice, original German "fahrzeugbrief", the EU conformity declaration (UG Uebereinstimmungsbescheningung) and identity card of the owner. If you want to put the car on a private person you need to pay in cash (or a certified bank check) the VAT. In case you put the car on the name of the company you need to take the company papers. The the customs office will issue the famous Belgium pink car registration form. With this form you can go to a DIV office (do not forget the insurance sticker!) and they will registrate the car and issue the license plate. Normally next day you will get the license plant and registration card of the car by post. The German dealer need to have a copy of the registration and VAT payment.

I have bought the Porsche at the dealer in Aachen.

Good luck

acky:

Smaler dealers in smaler cities normaly give higher discounts.
    6% you should get everywhere. 8%-9% is possible when I dealer really wants to sell. 10-12% on stock cars.

I would start in germany near the belgium border. This dealers will likely have some experience with belgium buyers.

--

Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

I contacted the dealer in Aachen yesterday....but no answer (yet)...yes

(anyone specific over there I should contact?)

I wonder what I should do if I buy through Germany and have to call assistance...will I be able to call local Touring/assistance or will I be forced to call someone in Germany??

I had this issue with my actual car: somehow this Jag came from Romania (brand new although) and was told to call Romania when I ran a flat tyre...I never did of course...not willing to sleep on the Highway for a night (or more)...

Sam

"waiting in vain"

Integra:

I contacted the dealer in Aachen yesterday....but no answer (yet)...yes

(anyone specific over there I should contact?)

I wonder what I should do if I buy through Germany and have to call assistance...will I be able to call local Touring/assistance or will I be forced to call someone in Germany??

I had this issue with my actual car: somehow this Jag came from Romania (brand new although) and was told to call Romania when I ran a flat tyre...I never did of course...not willing to sleep on the Highway for a night (or more)...

Sam

"waiting in vain"

Porsche Assistance is valid throughout Europe as far as I understand, so there shouldn't be any issues.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Hi RC,

Indeed, but I guess I will have to call assistance in Germany and they will have to come to ...Belgium somewhere, no?

Integra:

Hi RC,

Indeed, but I guess I will have to call assistance in Germany and they will have to come to ...Belgium somewhere, no?

I don't think so... I think they have locals in every EU country to take care of customers.

The dealer should know more...

--

RC:
    Integra:

Hi RC,

I don't think so... I think they have locals in every EU country to take care of customers.

The dealer should know more...

Whilst call centres are centralised and may sometimes even be in another country, the service providers (car manufacturers) have local contractors (tow-away companies, repair workshops/local dealer workshops, car rental services), so you should normally get a quick response in most places.  

--

fritz

Well, I owned 5 Porsches but never had to use this service!!!!!! Porsches never break down.

Jokes aside this service is Europe wide.

JR-550:

Well, I owned 5 Porsches but never had to use this service!!!!!! Porsches never break down.

Jokes aside this service is Europe wide.

I gained all my experience of such services (twice within about 1 week!) with a product of the other Stuttgart-based car manufacturer.  Smiley

--

fritz

I used to drive Ferrari, and I know for a fact these services work all over Europe! laugh

JR-550:

I used to drive Ferrari, and I know for a fact these services work all over Europe! laugh

Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

Integra's questions made me think about the value proposition of the new base Carrera (ie. non-S).  Looking at the US configurator I can spec out a base Carrera with met. paint, upgraded 20" wheels, std leather interior w/sport seats plus, sunroof, sport chrono and sport exhaust, GT steering wheel, and Bose sound, avoiding all the millions of pretty-options, for $US 102,000 (add $3200 for PDK version).   In other words, a nice driving-focused 911 with no pretences to be a luxury-queen, for barely over US$100k.   

From reviews so far the base Carrera has performance more or less similar to the 997 Carrera S, and may feel much stronger due the turbo low end torque.  Some reviewers even suggested it is now the pick of the range.... (considering value I would assume).  If one could live with the thought of all the S versions being faster, could the base Carrera now be the smartest way into still-decent performance, especially for owners of older models, and all who have been concerned with price creep in the 911 range?? 

Edit: to be clear we have no local new 911 stock to drive yet.... this should change soon. 
    --

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

That's exactly what I am thinking.

I even won't upgrade the wheels (better comfort and price), no chrono but will take all-leather, 14 way electric seats, heated steering wheel and seats, Bose, pdk, sensors and camera, dynamic pdls, metallic and 4 pipe exhaust.

The basic carrera allows me to use it as a daily driver regarding the CO2 taxes (169 gram) and fiscal taxes.

It seems hard to get a new 911 in Germany, unless you're willing to wait 5 months...

The new turbo charged Carrera base model is quite sufficient for most speed limited countries, also not need to pack it full with options because when it comes to resale value, most of the extra options don't value anything. 

No PSE? This could be a mistake (without PSE, the car sounds like crap Smiley).

No Sport Chrono is a huge mistake! The mode selector changes the car's throttle/PDK characteristics completely. 

Unless you want a Mercedes S class disguised as a 911... Smiley Smiley

--

RC,

Honestly (would I dare to admit?) I don't buy this car to hear the sound...

Also, some reviewers are saying that inside the cabin, the PSE does not make much (if any) difference.

I am sensitive to the resale value as this is part of the plan (I see it as a business investment) so I am open for a discussion. Can someone tell me if one deactivates the pse, is the sound exactly the same as without PSE?

I really would like to be able to have a quit interior when I want to.

about the sport chrono, this is the first time I read something like this. Do you need the extra 'manettino' option also for this, or only the sport chrono pack?

so again, the reviews are not clear for me...feedback highly appreciated!

thanks already.

The PSE can be switched of and the car make "normal" noise. Personally I find the PSE very loud, nice for a few minutes but then it gets boring. I drove both versions for some time in Finland. For the resale value this does not make a lot for difference (my former cars never had this) More important is color combination and general condition of the car. The Cabrio  keep better value!

Integra:

RC,

Honestly (would I dare to admit?) I don't buy this car to hear the sound...

Also, some reviewers are saying that inside the cabin, the PSE does not make much (if any) difference.

I am sensitive to the resale value as this is part of the plan (I see it as a business investment) so I am open for a discussion. Can someone tell me if one deactivates the pse, is the sound exactly the same as without PSE?

Actually, pretty much YES.

I really would like to be able to have a quit interior when I want to.

about the sport chrono, this is the first time I read something like this. Do you need the extra 'manettino' option also for this, or only the sport chrono pack?

The mode switch is part of the Sport Chrono package and throttle response/PSM reaction and PDK shifting are improved substantially (if you are into very dynamic driving...). These features do not have to be activated, so it cannot hurt resale value but if a customer wants to have it, I'm not sure (yet) it can be retrofitted (it was possible for the old cars).

so again, the reviews are not clear for me...feedback highly appreciated!

thanks already.

--

damned RC, you just  convinced me taking the sport chrono pack...

you owe me 2300 euro... wink

What RC said. Sport Chrono is a must along with PSE, even if you are concerned more about resale value than enjoying those two options. Remember that those two options cannot be retrofited after the car is built, they need to come from factory installed. So if a buyer is looking for any of those two, and most buyers will be in the 991.2, not having them is a deal breaker for them since he cannot fit them afterwards and resale will be affected in those cars. And the reverse is not true, both those extras can be turned off should the driver want so they will never hurt resale by having them like may other extras.

The other two extras I conseder a must in a 991 is PASM and sport setas but thats just me.

JR-550:

The PSE can be switched of and the car make "normal" noise. Personally I find the PSE very loud, nice for a few minutes but then it gets boring. I drove both versions for some time in Finland. For the resale value this does not make a lot for difference (my former cars never had this) 

Very true for pre-991.2 but this changed in the 991.2.

For one, the change is exhaust sound is more noticeable than ever before due to the 3.0 turbo engine, before without PSE the atmospheric engien still had "some" sound at higher revs, so that is why now the PSE is optioned more than ever before, and more second hand buyers that before will be looking for it when they look for a second hand unit.

Second, before you could always easily retrofit the PSE on the car, so the second hand buyer still had the posibility of installing it afterwards if it didn't have it, so not having PSE was not that gib a deal, but now that is not posible, so if you don't have PSE you are stuck with a non-PSE car when you want to sell it.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Let me play Devil's advocate; PSE and Sport Chromo are a must... for the very small subset of Porsche enthusiasts on this forum.  For the overall population of used 911 buyers, maybe, maybe not.  The used car manager at your dealer would know.  Four years from now, a blue or red car could well be worth more than one of the sea of black and silver 911s with PSE.

My local Porsche dealer only knows the price of the options not what they do or why anyone would want them. Lol

I think for a S PSE and SC are a must have, but not for a Non-S. Enthusiasts all the time buy S. Non-S buyers are different people. I would not spend 5k on 2 options if I dont want them really. On resale the car can be offered 3k cheaper and you still have 2k more in the pocket.

When I look at second hand cars, very often all the sporty options are missing, espacially on Non-S cars.

--

I beg to differ - S is overpriced in UK and not as exploitable. Standard C2 is fine for normal roads. But you do need sport chrono & PSE.

--

991 Carrera Black\Black, XC90 Black\Black, 120 Cab Black\Coral Red - 2 kids, 1 dog

Integra:

damned RC, you just  convinced me taking the sport chrono pack...

you owe me 2300 euro... wink

Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    690958 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410115 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256171 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235398 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65739 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858778 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775076 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM