Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

997 Facelift - Official Specs

To make it easier for you, we put together the most important facelift information.

Enjoy.

Here: http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=438469&an=0&page=0#438469

Re: 997 Facelift - Official Specs

One thing I want to know, will the X51 power kit option be available, and when? cause that should take the C2S to GT3 territory...

Quote:
    Marwan Arakji said:
    One thing I want to know, will the X51 power kit option be available, and when? cause that should take the C2S to GT3 territory...

Yes - one really good question- than we have over 400 PS for a normal 997...

I qould love it...

the X51 usually gives you an extra 25 bhp, putting the new C2S at 410 bhp, which combined with the new 7 speed PDK (in race mode), should give a 0-60 time in 4.2 seconds???

Quote:
    Marwan Arakji said:

This will be offered after GT3 gets its makeover and goes to 440-445 PS. I expect MY 2010.

They shouldn't have a problem offering it right away, since GT3 production has stopped! and looking at Porsche's change in pace in delivering changes (e.g. Cayenne Turbo S), the X51 should be available before the end of the year...

Why waste money on X51 ... Softronic (Scott Slausen) will have a Flash for it soon enough .... based on historical costs, that should get you 35hp for around ~$1500 .... so you're up to 420hp ....

I have his Flash on my Cayman S and it's the best bang for the buck mod .... good for 20hp for my model but cost less ...

so ECU flash gets you 35 bhp on a normally aspirated car like this one... plus, the X51 offers differnet cams, headers, and exhaust, in addition to the an ECU remap... you need all these to get a true and considerable power hike... I had the X51 on my 996 anniversary, and it DID make a difference... and worth every penny... plus no loss of warranty!

thanks so much for the info, RC!!

question: will the facelift be getting the "active headlights" that swivel as the car turns?

they seem like a great feature and in another thread it was implied that they were coming to the facelift.

Quote:
    mateoche said:
    thanks so much for the info, RC!!

question: will the facelift be getting the "active headlights" that swivel as the car turns?

they seem like a great feature and in another thread it was implied that they were coming to the facelift.

Yes as an optional extra

With all the ventilation on the seats and heating on the steering wheel to me it sound more like a gt than a sports car....

Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    With all the ventilation on the seats and heating on the steering wheel to me it sound more like a gt than a sports car....

don't hate the player, hate the game

Quote:
    Italo said:
    Quote:
    ed_moree said:

At least you don't have to order it...

I, for one, will be getting the seat ventilation. That's the perfect new option for those hot, sunny So. Cal. days with the top down.

Quote:
    U Boat Commander said:
    I, for one, will be getting the seat ventilation. That's the perfect new option for those hot, sunny So. Cal. days with the top down.

Yup... +1, besides, _comfort_ never goes out of style.

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Yup... +1, besides, _comfort_ never goes out of style.

Correct, but more often than not, it goes out of order...

Quote:
    ed_moree said:

Agreed! And look around they are already coming [on this board] out of the wood work ready to punch the option - another useless, mass adding doodad. And these are the guys who claim they are sports cars drivers. Not really, more like poseurs!

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Italo said:
    Quote:
    ed_moree said:

At this moment I'm waiting for a Boxster not even think to a 911... and I undestand that the more clients ask for this kind of creature comforts.... but.... I want the real 911 concept... a sports car with little weight, small and very fast, but because of the power to weight balance.... One of the thinks I really like is the new touch screen navigation system, with this maybe the design of the central console it will be again looking like a sports car not like an audi or mercedes limo dashboard with 59 to 80 buttons....

If you use the 911 as i do for example, so an everyday car for summer and winter you will like these kind of features. If you a purist you just do not order them and your car will be lighter than the one with them.

On the other side i think porsche needs to work on noise insulation other then engine. Aerodynamic noise and tire noise is so present that most of the times it covers the engine note. This i think is something the guys from zuffenhausen need to work on.

Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Italo said:
    Quote:
    ed_moree said:

At this moment I'm waiting for a Boxster not even think to a 911... and I undestand that the more clients ask for this kind of creature comforts.... but.... I want the real 911 concept... a sports car with little weight, small and very fast, but because of the power to weight balance.... One of the thinks I really like is the new touch screen navigation system, with this maybe the design of the central console it will be again looking like a sports car not like an audi or mercedes limo dashboard with 59 to 80 buttons....

May I jump in and also be a little bit "blunt" with you guys?

I "kick" most sportscars driver's a.. in my "GT", so whats the point of driving a "real"(?) sportscar???
    It is also funny to read such comments from a(soon to be) Boxster driver, honestly.

Most so called sportscars nowadays have between 1200 and 1800 kg of weight, 10 years ago people would have made fun of these weight figures. 10 years ago, most people DIED in sportscar accidents and 10 years ago, most so called sportscars were slowlier than some 1800 kg "GT".

So whats your point, guys? Does this mean that a sportscar is only a real sportscar if it doesn't provide safety and comfort? Safety is one of the major reasons why sportscars are so heavy nowadays. Do I really need to look like a sweaty pig when I exit my car after a half an hour drive on the track without A/C? Is it really cool not to have any kind of comfort but to have to fight with a crappy steering(no matter how direct), crappy gearbox(race synchro), etc.?

What defines a sportscar? Weight? Performance? Track performance? Comfort features?

Sorry that I can't agree, I'm happy that my 997 Turbo has PSM, PTM, 4WD and...Tiptronic. I'm still faster than most so called sportscar drivers, simply because it isn't the car which makes you fast but your very own driving skills.
    Straight ahead? No problem for most drivers, even crappy ones. The real deal comes with the first curve, even more interesting is a changing left/right or vice versa curve which most people can't handle, at least not at a very high speed.

Yes, I love driving the GT3 or even more, a GT3RS, no doubt about it. I would NEVER drive this if I wouldn't have another sportscar for my enjoyment. The GT3RS is even a bad example because it actually is a pretty safe sportscar from many points of view.

Take the Carrera GT: if you succeed being faster on a tight track in a Carrera GT than me in a Tip Turbo, consider yourself a good driver. The Carrera GT is a good example for a pure sportscar which really requires a good driver too to make it fast.

So before sharing your "wisdom" with us, take a seat in a Carrera GT and lets see where your mouth is.
    A stock 997 Turbo with PSM turned off would suffice too.

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Italo said:
    Quote:
    ed_moree said:

May I jump in and also be a little bit "blunt" with you guys?

I "kick" most sportscars driver's a.. in my "GT", so whats the point of driving a "real"(?) sportscar???
    It is also funny to read such comments from a(soon to be) Boxster driver, honestly.

Most so called sportscars nowadays have between 1200 and 1800 kg of weight, 10 years ago people would have made fun of these weight figures. 10 years ago, most people DIED in sportscar accidents and 10 years ago, most so called sportscars were slowlier than some 1800 kg "GT".

So whats your point, guys? Does this mean that a sportscar is only a real sportscar if it doesn't provide safety and comfort? Safety is one of the major reasons why sportscars are so heavy nowadays. Do I really need to look like a sweaty pig when I exit my car after a half an hour drive on the track without A/C? Is it really cool not to have any kind of comfort but to have to fight with a crappy steering(no matter how direct), crappy gearbox(race synchro), etc.?

What defines a sportscar? Weight? Performance? Track performance? Comfort features?

Sorry that I can't agree, I'm happy that my 997 Turbo has PSM, PTM, 4WD and...Tiptronic. I'm still faster than most so called sportscar drivers, simply because it isn't the car which makes you fast but your very own driving skills.
    Straight ahead? No problem for most drivers, even crappy ones. The real deal comes with the first curve, even more interesting is a changing left/right or vice versa curve which most people can't handle, at least not at a very high speed.

Yes, I love driving the GT3 or even more, a GT3RS, no doubt about it. I would NEVER drive this if I wouldn't have another sportscar for my enjoyment. The GT3RS is even a bad example because it actually is a pretty safe sportscar from many points of view.

Take the Carrera GT: if you succeed being faster on a tight track in a Carrera GT than me in a Tip Turbo, consider yourself a good driver. The Carrera GT is a good example for a pure sportscar which really requires a good driver too to make it fast.

So before sharing your "wisdom" with us, take a seat in a Carrera GT and lets see where your mouth is.
    A stock 997 Turbo with PSM turned off would suffice too.

I'm totally with RC on this one, a good example is the accident involving Hekki at the Spanish F1 grand prix, Jackie Stewart said that if this accident happened during his time Hekki would definitely have been a goner Thanks to the safety devices and the cocoon carbon fibre shell, impact rods etc. It completely vsisible that they were not looking at the fact that the car will add weight if these safety features are installed.

Rc I totally agree with you, and I'm not even thinking to consider myself as a purist or a very good driver. Even if I don't like the looks of the Cayenne I understand the need of it and the good that brought to Porsche. I will admit that I don't even know how to put a car to the limit, not even a Ford Fiesta.... It is not "wisdom" or criticise for the sake of it, but to me at least this is not the basic principle of the 911... and more of what the Porsche started with: to build light cars with not too much power but fast because of that, practic cars that can be driven every day and the same car to be able to be driven on a track day with no modifications.... And as you say it is you that makes you faster than others many times especially talking about the same car...Also I work in the car industry (and not sales) and I understand a little bit some of the things... but it is about to make the car feel light and agile and nimble ... that's where I try to point....and I'm not talking about safety neither. I will put on all the cars all the safety systems available at this moment on the market. You should just see for real a crash test and you will understand just by hearing the bang why.... but as I say is more about the concept.

I'm another one who agrees with RC. I like the new features and will seriously think about upgrading my Targa to a 997. In some respects it appears this face lift is a bigger improvement than 996 - 997. okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but you get my drift. I can't wait to look at the new 997.

Quote:
    donkeyman said:
    I'm another one who agrees with RC. I like the new features and will seriously think about upgrading my Targa to a 997. In some respects it appears this face lift is a bigger improvement than 996 - 997. okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but you get my drift. I can't wait to look at the new 997.

Yepp - I agree. Considering the PDK and the direct injection engines, this is a bigger evolution as the 996 to 997 move!

Quote:
    Lars997 said:
    Quote:
    donkeyman said:

Yepp - I agree. Considering the PDK and the direct injection engines, this is a bigger evolution as the 996 to 997 move!

Well, I would say the degree of evolution is similar. 996 to 997 got you new optics, new interior and stronger engine, 997 to 997FL gets you even more power, less consumption and better tiptronic.

Hi guys, Tell me we can order the car with NO SUNROOF........please make it append .

Quote:
    Lars997 said:
    Quote:
    donkeyman said:

That's what I was exactly thinking . 997 MKII is for sure a more refined and much improved (technically) than that of 996 MKII to 997.

Quote:
    donkeyman said:

I have to agree as well. 30hp, PDK, 20mm suspension with LSD. Not to mention, XM, Bluetoth and I-POD. I am so excited that I have the first build slot with my dealer, as long as the price hike is within reason.

Quote:
    silvershadow said:
    If you use the 911 as i do for example, so an everyday car for summer and winter you will like these kind of features. If you a purist you just do not order them and your car will be lighter than the one with them.

On the other side i think porsche needs to work on noise insulation other then engine. Aerodynamic noise and tire noise is so present that most of the times it covers the engine note. This i think is something the guys from zuffenhausen need to work on.

Many of these options weigh next to nothing. Adding Bluetooth, I-POD and XM radio will do nothing to performance other than make it more pleasant.

A-gree!

This looks to be an excellent and thorough technical evolution. I don't share the sentiment of harping on Porsche over the introduction of a few comfort OPTIONS.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 12:10 PM
    Enmanuel
    802791 1805
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448435 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265962 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89972 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6446 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885459 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832517 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM