Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Spanish F1 Grand Prix

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    ...is very fast with 10L of fuel in his tank.

relax, will see tomorrow !!!! , may be it was 11L...

But who the hell in the whole grid of pilots, would evolve such a flinstones car, and put it right up where is in today's quali......just tell me one single pilot right now that is able to do such a thing.....besides schumi !!

what he did today is just historic, and what he is going to do tomorrow is probably too.....Dont anticipate things, he could probably be soft in fuel, but what is strategy for???, either way, nobody knows it untill tomorrow !!!....

Again an historic day, no matter what some people keep trying to say......

Again.....

F E R N A N D O........A L O N S O !!!!!

btw, why Mclaren is achieving such results in this season????.....do I have to answer ???

Because Alonso is better driver then home-boy Hamilton

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    ...is very fast with 10L of fuel in his tank.

relax, will see tomorrow !!!! , may be it was 11L...

But who the hell in the whole grid of pilots, would evolve such a flinstones car, and put it right up where is in today's quali......just tell me one single pilot right now that is able to do such a thing.....besides schumi !!

what he did today is just historic, and what he is going to do tomorrow is probably too.....Dont anticipate things, he could probably be soft in fuel, but what is strategy for???, either way, nobody knows it untill tomorrow !!!....

Again an historic day, no matter what some people keep trying to say......

Again.....

F E R N A N D O........A L O N S O !!!!!

btw, why Mclaren is achieving such results in this season????.....do I have to answer ???

Because Alonso is better driver then home-boy Hamilton

A lot of people would agree, others dont, and some would say they are in the same level.....but since Alonso left Mclaren, they not even lost a great pilot, but also an experienced person to give an extra help to the team, on how to evolve the car, on how to erase those weak points, and improve them......and that is what he is doing right now with the R28, its not only me who is saying this, but Nelson Piquet, Renault team, and last but not least , some of the Mclaren engineers......

Both McLaren drivers were surprised (according to interviews with F1.com) that they didnt end up closer to the front of the pack, considering they made good laptimes. Sounds like they will not be setting the pace tomorrow, unless everyone else has been qualifying on a near-empty tank.

Alonso's time was impressive, but it remains to be seen if he really is competitive or was running on fumes in qualifying.

Either way the first turn should be quite an exiting one tomorrow!

Pat Symonds (Renault's Technical Head) said that "it's no secret that Fernando and Nelson are running different race strategies". Basically, Alonso has sacrificed his race strategy to shine in qualification. He's just playing to his home crowd. Nothing wrong with that

Tomorrow is another Ferrari procession with BMW bringing it home second. I expect McLaren to be third.

Easy: My thoughts too. Alonso's time may have been a stunt to promote Renault. After all it's been quite a while since they were in the limelight.
    Nonetheless, I hope we get a close race tomorrow. Nothing worse than a parade GP.

Alonso is keeping it interesting!

The king is naked. It should now be clear that LH is only competitive when his mount is perfect. Most other drivers also do well when their cars are perfect.

I think we're seeing Hamilton's weaknesses being exposed little by little (or possibly new weaknesses developing where before there were none).

Seems to me that the fame and fortune have been somewhat distracting making him more error-prone. He seems (very slightly) less hungry and less focussed when concentration on track needs to be total. And this is someone who is really considered to be a racer? I guess it's what happens to many people when they realise they will be paid a boat load of money no matter whether they win or lose.

The mistake on the grid at Bahrain (when he went back to 10th on the grid) was careless. He's trying to play everything so cool that I think he's forgetting that playing it cool should be on the outside only. Not on the inside. IMHO if you play it cool in your own mind, you lose intensity and focus.

Watching Lewis in qualification yesterday, he looked a little ragged and not controlled. He needs to rediscover his precision that he had last year. Heikki looked more smooth around the track to me.

His team is also missing the contribution that Alonso made last year in developing the car.

I also think McLaren weren't as bold as they should have been in developing last year's car for this year. They are paying a high price in competitiveness.

Maybe I'm just rambling and talking gibberish but these are the perceptions I'm forming comparing this year with last year...

Anyway, let's see what happens later today

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    I think we're seeing Hamilton's weaknesses being exposed one by one. The fame and fortune have been somewhat distracting making him more error-prone. He seems (very slightly) less hungry and less focussed. Concentration on track needs to be total. And this is someone who is really considered to be a racer. It's what happens to many people when they realise they will be paid a shed load of money whether they win or lose. He is missing the no doubt major contribution that Alonso made last year in developing the car. I also think McLaren weren't as bold as they should have been in developing last year's car for this year. They are paying a high price.

Ron Dennis is bringing Mclaren down with his bad people management and I wonder why Mercedes with all their investment and influence still put up with him. It was a McLaren title last year with Alonso a two times champion and one of the few real drivers remaining, ripe to bring the title back to Woking. LH a newcomer should be contracted to play a supporting role in his first season and learn from FA. Instead he was allowed to have aspirations that wasn't ready and mature to handle. If a champion is contracted into a team he expects some priority and preference. Everybody realises that in F1 since the beginning of time, except Mr. Dennis. Moreover, Alonso a very nice guy has been villified by the British press and this hasn't helped the climate in the team
    I watch as LH is being spoiled by the British star-system that is cultivated by the cheap tabloid press. Personal stories in the press, a biography(!) etc etc. will do him no good. If Schumacher were British he would have written some 20 books by now and every day he would be in the newspapers for the wrong reasons! But by contrast MS after 7 titles is a down to earth person and a real sportsman. If LH fails, which I hope he does not, don't be surprised if his failings and lack of maturity and focus are attributed to his racial origin and he is denounced by the same people that believed that he was the great hope for holding the Union Jack high!

@reginos: you quoted me before I finished editing No worries mate. Hope you enjoy the race

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    @reginos: you quoted me before I finished editing No worries mate. Hope you enjoy the race

Easy, I am glad that unlike most British people, you are not LH-biased and your comments are objective!
    Also, don't you think that the spy-affair or rather the lack of spy-data this year has something to do with McLaren's sliding down the grid?

....either that, or Max having got caught spanking!

Quote:
    reginos said:... don't you think that ... the lack of spy-data this year has something to do with McLaren's sliding down the grid?

One can never ignore this possibility. It may be speculation but it's something that will always be there at the back of one's mind.

Even if there was no actual copying of the Ferrari 2007 car in the 2007 McLaren car, simply knowing the ideas that Ferrari had in 2007 is very useful for planning which route to go down during the ongoing 'during season' development process.

It's like looking over the shoulder of your class mate at school in the maths exam, seeing the answer he's written, knowing it is the right answer, then feeling a bit more confident in one's own answer. While not actually copying, it's still cheating in my view. It simply wasn't believable that only 1 or 2 people in McLaren had access to that data. As we later discovered quite a few did. (Ron Dennis did say later last season that more people did have access than he had thought at first). They may not have copied Ferrari but they must have gone through the data very carefully. Remember this is F1. Teams spy on each other all the time, in testing, in the pitlane (they even hire spies to walk up and down looking into each other's garages!)... When data is this sensitive and confidential, you can bet it spreads like wildfire. Look at how quickly the 997 MkII official data spread from Rennteam to all over the internet... people are smart, they know all too well when a good thing comes into their hands....

The FIA checked the 2008 McLaren very carefully and gave it the green light. So nothing copied from Ferrari there. And what happens? Ferrari in 2008 is 0.5 seconds ahead of McLaren. Ferrari has become a winning machine and it doesn't matter in the short and medium term whether Todt, Braun and Schumi have left. In the long term, they will need a team of the most talented people to keep that advantage going.

On a different note, back to Lewis, there was another theme I wanted to develop. It's his 'corporate speak'. As soon as the race was over (after he screwed up in Bahrain with the anti-stall mechanism on the grid, hit Alonso etc etc), he was saying stuff to Louise Goodman (ITV F1 reporter) that "I'm going to come back even stronger".

HUH??

It's this vacuous modern idea put into sportsmen's minds by sports psychologists who say always talk positively. Sure, that's all very well, but the best way in my view to avoid screwing up next time is firstly to admit that one screwed up then secondly to resolve not to screw up like that again. Then thirdly, decide how to do things differently then lastly to be positive on the basis of a different approach. You need something to be positive about. How can one be positive without changing one's plan/approach?

Lewis said the same old stuff after his disaster in Malaysia. But he made yet more mistakes at Bahrain. So what did he learn from Malaysia? Nothing. Forget talk. Talk is cheap. It's actions that count. It's like he doesn't do the "I screwed up" soul-searching stage and just says I will be positive next time. But if he goes about it in exactly the same way, he'll end up making the same mistakes. A bit foolish IMO. I put it down to his lack of experience and maturity. He doesn't realise that it's okay to say "I screwed up". It's just macho to act like one didn't or to downplay one's screw up.

Whenever I've heard his interviews since the start of 2008, it just feels like he actually believes the BS he is saying to the camera. I've just stopped believing what he says since it just lacks authenticity, sincerity and substance. Saying things you don't really mean always rings hollow and anybody with any sense of perception will see right through it. The tragedy is that he seems to believe it himself.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into what he's been saying so far this season. But I think he's lost his way and won't find it again until he gets his own head straight.

Well, let's see how he goes today. I predict no higher than 4th today.

After reading all your coments, just my humble two cents....

First of all thank all of you for the ligth in every opinion.

I am half and half.....British and Spanish....LH had my admiration at first, and I never specially "loved" FA.....but finally, besides the results on today's race, the common sense and profesional work is displayed....

If I was the man who decides in Mercedes, I would just fire Mr Dennis. He had a two year Champion, and a diamond in the same team.....logical choices have to prevail over one's feelings......LH could be (and still can) the next great champion......but everything needs its time and moment, and with less media "Pop star" stuff....

F1 is, thanks God, a very competitive universe.....no mistakes alowded....only the real profesionals are succesful....and Alonso, with more or less petrol in the tank is showing who is serious....(as other hard working teams are doing), and following the Great Shumi example (for me, the very best....a real winner)

I hope Mr. Dennis can learn about the facts. And about the impecable attitude of Ferrari Team and, of course great pilots, the real winners.

Okay, Alonso pitted first on Lap 16. Let's see how many more laps Ferrari, BMW and McLaren do before their 1st pit stops....

Great start by Massa to take Alonso before Turn 1. Hamilton did well to pass Kubica before Turn 1. Lewis can still only hope for 3rd place...

Massa pitted next. So that's why both McLarens qualified on row 3 of the grid? Expecting Kimi soon.... yup, Kimi coming in now....

Lewis only had 1 more lap of fuel than Kimi, 2 more than Massa... Kubica had the same fuel level as Lewis...

Hope Heikki is okay....That was a bad crash

Heikki is injured but, not too badly...

Alonso is out.

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    Okay, Alonso pitted first on Lap 16. Let's see how many more laps Ferrari, BMW and McLaren do before their 1st pit stops....

Great start by Massa to take Alonso before Turn 1. Hamilton did well to pass Kubica before Turn 1. Lewis can still only hope for 3rd place...

Yes! Logic prevails. Massa is showing his talent!

....I hope....and the race is still alive, Lewis can put preassure to Ferrari............but as facts demonstrate, they are, nowadays, the real winners

My thub up to BMW.......

I hope nothing wrong with Kovalainen

Lewis Hamilton prevailed and Alonso lost. In other words a great race.

Quote:
    luwalira said:
    Lewis Hamilton prevailed and Alonso lost. In other words a great race.

Yes, that's life.....not one one is a genious and the other a looser......both great talents.....but

Alonso is figthing to do the impossible....and he is doing any human could do....moreover, and to be sincere.....I am expecting much more from Lewis....and he can do it...........let's hope the "media" and "consultants" did not create a spoiled "post teenager".........because he drives fantasticly ....

Just a stupid final to my message: KIMI! he has at last the balance....and he is not disappointing...He does the correct...when the moment arrives, real professionals know how to behave.....no matter the beers sometime ago....

Kimi is the champion, and with no noise, Ferrari wins...and that is the reality

Alonso and Hamilton can continue with their particular "war".....and The Cavallino will fly over stupid attitudes....

Thank You All for your comments.....This is a gerat Forum!

It was a nice attempt on Renault's side, but they were clearly over ambitious and ended up exhausting the engine. They should have stayed in the midfield.

Quote:
    luwalira said:
    It was a nice attempt on Renault's side, but they were clearly over ambitious and ended up exhausting the engine. They should have stayed in the midfield.

I have to agree your first sentence....until the first comma (,)....but...of course, Alono broke we all saw....should any team give up?

should be the correct attitude in a competition (it is!) "should have stayed in the midfield."

With all my respect, who wants to be there????
    And if somebody does, there are easier styles of life.........but not in real competition..and NO in F1

And not for Renault, Maclaren, Ferrari, or anybody.....we are here to compitt, and even the worst situation, even with the last resource you have to figth.....until the end

And that is wath Alonso does. And what Hamilton should do.

Alonso out, hi hi hi hi

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    805799 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    449153 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266796 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90322 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6993 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886751 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    835471 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM